weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:
Just so nobody feels singled out, every now and then I go back to re-read a post of mine (and the operative word is "go back" usually when i go back, it's because I think I may have crossed the line :)

sometimes, I don't find the post LOL. Get it? It's gone! But that's ok, I hope if i'm off color or cross the line, they get rid of it. Everyone is just trying to be able to express themselves and yet not get sued :fence:

It's hard to manage a list, I moderate a few lists and sometimes I'll be out working and get a barrage of e-mail that someone has gone crazy on the list and a virtual fight has started :)

Stay on the list and keep posting. Many of us have probably been put in time out and don't realize it as we go do things for a day or 2 during our quiet time, as I call it :) (ps. I called someone a name early on and that one went poof real fast)

:seeya: hi there...this is true..as Stephanie Hart says....I am still rather new, and just the other day during roll call (hehe), at the beginning of a court session, I tried to say, "I am here", in French....for some reason this was not allowed .....don't give up! We've all been there :blushing:

The May 22nd entry is a red herring. I believe it was written after the killing or written in her premeditation of killing him. She wants to look very not stalkerish and to show she was fine with moving on. She makes sure to point out very key issues about jealousy, the email password "exchange", encouraging him to be patient wit Mimi and she will come around, etc... OMG. This is all such hogwash and is nothing but Jodi's transparent attempt to cover her tracks by painting a completely different picture.
Thurs. May 22, 2008

Today has been a day of good news and sadness. Good news: my phone arrived! And not a moment too soon. Sad news: I finally had “the conversation” with Travis and it did not go well. I sort of put it to him already in an e-mail I sent a few days ago and he didn’t like that either, not nor did he take the hint. So I realized I had to be a little bit more direct. I told him that of course I’m looking for[ward] to his impending visit, that I can’t wait to check more things off the list (from 1,000 places), but that we probably would be better off in all ways if we were not physical.

He got offended and upset, then acted distant. I tried being so sweet and speak kindly to him, playing up all of the advantages of not violating the law of chastity, and he didn’t want to hear any of it. He said he already knows all that. Then it got worse, he asked me who I’m seeing, have I been getting my kicks with someone else, etc. Of course I swore that I wasn’t (which is true) but also pointed out that even if I was, then that’s my right. I also pointed out that I didn’t freak out when he confessed his potentially underlying love for Mimi. He said to leave his love life out of it. Typical. Then after a moment, he apologized, and said a lot of his frustration is from the fact that things in his dating life aren’t going that well, that yes, he still likes Mimi, but it’s not progressing the way he wants to, and he’s leaning towards giving up on her. I told him to be patient, she’ll come around.

The problem with Travis, is that he so used to guys girls falling all over themselves for him and she doesn’t do that. He needs that, I really think he does, –to wait.

Well, even sadder is we agreed to amicably part ways. He is an amazing person, and he’s told me countless times that I am one of the most beautiful people he’s ever met–on the inside and out. But it is really better this way. We both agreed to change our passwords, which we had exchanged eons ago to establish, or reestablish “trust” which we had both violated, so no more of that. We had both picked 2 accounts so I chose Facebook and Gmail and he chose Facebook and MySpace.

We are truly good people at the core, both of us, but we can’t behave ourselves when were around each other, not even over the phone. He said I am still like kryptonite to him. But I’m tired of being guilt-ridden when the air clears.

I knew it was wrong going over there all those nights but I couldn’t say no to him, I couldn’t not pick up the phone. He would rationalize it saying “it’s really not that bad,” or “come on, I want to please you,” and I was weak. I went anyway, I answered the phone anyway.

Moving has certainly helped me morally. I don’t know if it has him or if he’s found a replacement booty-call. For his sake I hope he hasn’t, not because it would be a replacement but because it is not spiritually productive. We both want to get married and I don’t think either of us is anywhere near that if we continue to act immorally w/each other. I am mortified that my phone was stolen. It had a hugely scandalous text message from him (10 pgs!) that he sent last week. It would make a steamy romance novel sound like a script from a G-rated Disney movie. I also had 1 or 2 recorded conversations that were equally as scandalous. I never did figure out how to play those back for him. Well they’re gone now and we won’t be making more. Well, actually I wouldn’t bet on it entirely, one of us will crack and call the other. It’s crazy, but what can you do?

Wherever my phone is now, I just hope text messages and conversations are never discovered. Yikes. It’s certainly not Pamela Anderson or Paris Hilton level scandal, there’s no videos but it would be embarrassing nonetheless.

I am honestly relieved about the whole thing. The “just friends” had many complicated “benefits.” I’m not seeing anyone per se, but somehow I feel like it’s still isn’t fair to any of my current prospects. And Travis said he still certain he wants to marry Mimi, although they’re not yet dating. It’s not fair to her either, in my opinion. We hadn’t talked about her in so long, I didn’t realize he was still in pursuit. I wouldn’t dare lecture him over it though. The first thing that almost popped out of my mouth was, “then why the hell are we still messing around if that’s the case?!?” But I kept it shut. For two reason[s.] 1: it would be like the pot calling the kettle black (as I’ve had my eyon eye on some wonderful’s myself. 2. I honestly don’t think Travis can be monogamous. I’m certain he wasn’t w/ me, although I don’t dwell on it anymore, but my certainty was further solidified when his pattern of behavior continued with his next girlfriend, Lisa Andrews. When he finally admitted that they had been dating, I felt so guilty. I almost wanted to tell her, it seemed only fair, but by then had already broken up and he had moved on to Mimi. Besides, not only would telling her destroy our friendship (mine and his), but it would cause a lot of unnecessary drama and pain. And just because Travis acted like a schmuck when it came to how he treated his previous girlfriends, doesn’t mean he’s capable of learning how to be better. It’s just that I’ve yet to see evidence of it. But perhaps it will be different w/ Mimi. One things for sure, I wouldn’t want to be the “other girl” in that relationship, I couldn’t handle the guilt. And these things don’t necessarily discount all of his other amazing qualities. He’s done more for me than I could ever cout count. He’s helped me in every area of my life. I’m indebted to him for all of the wonderful things that his done. He’s just so dang hot and cold. Bi-polar even, it would seem. But I have a gazillion memories that we’ve created that I will always value, just like the ones w/ Bobby, Matt, and Darryl. All unique. All special, all priceless.

Anyway, one thing I do know is it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m saddened and, yes, but it feels like a conclusion, like closure. The final chapter was finally written, and the ending was bittersweet. He said on some level, we will always be friends, but we both agreed that it’s better this way. It’s true. It is very much in alignment with the e-mail I sent him a few days ago. He’ll be so much better off this way spiritually and emotionally. And I’ll start dating for real again soon. Not this casual fill-in-your-Friday-night stuff. I won’t miss his teasing or his bi-polar tendencies to snap and yell and say things he ends up regretting, but I will miss his sense of humor. We’ll still have his car to take care of, but he’ll keep me posted on any new developments. He said if all else fails, then we’ll just scrap it but I would…

Great Post. My thoughts exactly. she made sure to include the password exchange. Travis knew she had hacked into his emails and facebook, so she made it VERY CLEAR in this fake journal that they knew each others passwords. Bullchit. She was afraid TA might have told someone that. Plus that text or email that she "ACCIDENTLY" sent to Travis was her clearly letting him know that she was going to or trying to date ONLY his friends and colleagues. She wanted him to know that. She was manipulating and pure evil . :furious: She got rid of her original journals, that's for sure.

Except blood spattered on the wall on his way out of the shower and there was blood spatter found at the very top of the blinds. Plus he obviously stood bleeding at the sink. In this case I defer to Dr. Horn's medical opinion that the first attack was a knife thrust into the heart. That would account for everything that followed. JMO

ETA: And Jodi demonstrated him on all fours holding the BACK of his head. The gunshot was toward the front.

The ME also says he would be incapacitated immediately because the bullet perforated the brain. Rapid loss of consciousness as well. He would have been unable to lift his hands to sustain the defensive wounds he had.

Jodi Arias murder trial day 3. Please be warned, very graphic photos. Medical examiner on stand. - YouTube

Gunshot testimony at 1:01

It was a woman, and I had asked earlier if anyone knew who a Ms. Juvan (sp) was. She was supposed to provide phone testimony around the time that Gus testified, but she went missing, phone number wasn't working. My thought is that this was the woman, but JMO. If someone can tell me otherwise, that would be great.

:floorlaugh:
I thought you had said, "Mrs. JUAN"!!!...
And it was killing me.....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The reason I know she faked the journal entries and e-mail is she admitted to det Flores that from a day or so after the body was found, her friends were calling her and everyone was saying that all the talk was Jodi did it, Jodi had something to do with it.

So she knew she would be arrested. Knowing that, 4 weeks is a LONG time to continue to plot how to manufacture evidence to support her innocence and his guilt. That included making the underwear and T-shirt etc.

She is a cold blooded sociopathic killer with Alyce LaViolette and Samuels in her corner.

This tells me one thing, the experts in this case have NO judgement whatsoever or they are simply liars.

I don't know how some people sleep at night.. Seriously.
Re: BBM

Wasn't it telling when Flores told her that, that she had no real reaction? If he had told me that everybody was saying I was the person LE should be looking at and I was innocent, I'd have gone off at that point. Interview over, get me a lawyer. She doesn't even get flushed. I get goose bumps even recalling that and typing it.
I think Samuels tried to appease the DT but not make it a get out of jail free card. I think ALV has an agenda that she values more than she does the truth and she terrifies me!

Posted by KandyKane

"It DOES matter in that the fact that the gunshot did NOT come first means her entire story is a lie. And with her entire story being a lie, it means there was no self-defense on Jodi's part. It's the actual crux of the whole case aside from proving premeditation which I think JM very aptly proved.

And the ME's testimony as well as the forensic expert testimony proves beyond doubt that the gunshot did NOT come first. Therefore, Jodi has lied about this being a self-defense incident. You can't argue with the physical evidence. It is what it is. That's why these two ridiculous defense experts are useless regardless of what they testify to - the physical evidence speaks for itself, and it says that Jodi has lied about this being an incident of self-defense."

Sorry I couldn't bring this over. ITA with you KK, I guess I was just talking "in the grand scheme of things." I take Dr. Horn's testimony as fact, and anything out of her mouth as lies.

Hi kaRN! :seeya:

I've wondered the same things about the autopsy photos. I'm reasonably convinced that her understanding of the case is pretty minimal. She based her "perpetrator" accusation (by her own admission) on the DT's summarized and carefully vetted (read cherry-picked) information. What's worse, she showed no particular intellectual curiosity in insisting on interviewing TA's family or friends, seeing all the Journal entries, or examining the wider context of the case. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find that she has seen none of the autopsy photos or the ME's testimony, etc.

Just :cow:

If she hasn't seen the autopsy pictures, the moment when she does will be pretty remarkable.

Didn't we all have a whole different feeling & concept of "27 stab wounds" after we saw the pictures? You "think" it's bad and then you see it and it's indescribably horrible.

I hope ALV hasn't seen them because I want to be watching when she does. And realizes what a real monster JA is.

I'm sure that one or more of Jodi's guy friends knew what she was going to do. The week or two before the murder some had a good idea something was about to go down at Travis' house.

My guess is Matt is way more involved than he admits and Jodi will throw him under a bus at some point. She can't now because it blows her self defense claim.

If Matt helped in any way, if he knew anything at all about her anger and plans, the fake burglary (which I think he was in on) He simply becomes an accomplice to 1st degree murder and she goes down with him.

Her self defense claim means she has to stick to her story of a spontaneous event that happened at the shower so naturally Matt gets to skate on this one (for now)

But "mark my words" if she is convicted and given the Death Penalty, she'll sing like a bird at the end...After her last appeal is behind her and she has nothing to lose, I guarantee the story will finally come out

Just read a post by someone being critical of the DT being put down all the time.

I think the reason there is so much hostility towards the DT is because of the incredulous and unbelievable story they've advanced in defending their client. It defies logic that JW and KN actually believe what they've put forth to the jury.

That is what gets everyone so riled up IMO.

A defense attorney forces the state to prove its case. That's a very important role because without defense attorneys the prisons would be filled with ham sandwiches.

That said, I get extremely annoyed when any defense attorney shovels such a load of bs (as in this case e.g.) that they've gone beyond their role of forcing the state to prove its case and wandered into some fantasy land that no reasonably intelligent person could possibly believe, just to "win" at all costs.

Had the DT in this case gone with a diminished capacity defense I'd have more respect for them (still wouldn't buy it, but it would have been more plausible than the bs put forth so far).

They chose to go a route that is trying to hoodwink the jury, knowing full well that what they've advanced is nothing but bs.

I've no respect for the DT in this case, none whatsoever.

And that's MO. :seeya:

I'm sure that one or more of Jodi's guy friends knew what she was going to do. The week or two before the murder some had a good idea something was about to go down at Travis' house.

My guess is Matt is way more involved than he admits and Jodi will throw him under a bus at some point. She can't now because it blows her self defense claim.

If Matt helped in any way, if he knew anything at all about her anger and plans, the fake burglary (which I think he was in on) He simply becomes an accomplice to 1st degree murder and she goes down with him.

Her self defense claim means she has to stick to her story of a spontaneous event that happened at the shower so naturally Matt gets to skate on this one (for now)

Maybe Matt had the "lost/stolen" phone for two years for safe keeping (she told him to hang onto it in case she needed it later) and then slipped it into Grandpa's truck when JA thought she could use it in her self defense fairy tale.

Just started watching this and saw something new - Jodi telling Flores that Travis was "kneeling down" in the shower. I can so imagine her forcing him to beg her forgiveness on bended knee and then plunging the knife in his heart. Now back to watching....

I just noticed that last night. He's on his knees in some of those last shower pictures. I can't see sitting in the shower [this is not a bathtub, but a stand up shower], but others said, 'yes I've done it'. But, kneeling? No way.

IMO

Great Post. My thoughts exactly. she made sure to include the password exchange. Travis knew she had hacked into his emails and facebook, so she made it VERY CLEAR in this fake journal that they knew each others passwords. Bullchit. She was afraid TA might have told someone that. Plus that text or email that she "ACCIDENTLY" sent to Travis was her clearly letting him know that she was going to or trying to date ONLY his friends and colleagues. She wanted him to know that. She was manipulating and pure evil . :furious: She got rid of her original journals, that's for sure.

She wanted everyone to read that entry post-murder, no doubt about that. I think it was written in May once she made up her mind about the murder.

The amount of evidence for premeditation in this case is staggering!

Does this scenario jive with the blood spatter testimony and photos? IIRC, there most of the cast off blood and spatter in the bathroom was on the low levels of surfaces.

Trying to conceptualize what happened is very difficult for me because my mind really does not want to go there. You may find if you pull together all of the forensic testimony, there is an added level of depravity in this slaughter.

I'm to the point where I can barely look at pictures of JA anymore, especially when she is smiling. I wish that the media would stop showing pictures of JA and TA together.

bbm

I description of the initial stabbing is in line w/ the blood in the bathroom, IMO. The spatter, according to ME was caused by coughing blood, it could have ended up were it was if he was kneeling at the sink or standing and holding on to the counter. The larger pools of blood could either be gurgled up blood if he was kneeling, or stab would blood if he was trying to stand or a combination of both.

I don't recall any of the blood being described as cast-off though.

She had an entire month to fake the Journal entries and I am positive she did. She planned the murder, faked a break in at the grandparents. She was trying to pull off the perfect murder with a rather elaborate plan.

This included allowing them to find a journal with fake entries she put in AFTER the murder.

Is there any way to prove that?

I noticed she told Flores that she learned about Marie not being interested in marriage with Travis after Travis died. She learned it from the Bishop, she said. But, does she mention knowledge of this in her diary supposedly before he died?

Just ran across this, and I'm not sure if it's been posted here already so I apologize in advance if it has...this is a link to Matt McCartney's myspace photo and he lists his occupation as "ninja"!:what:

https://twitter.com//status/317311412517105664

I was also reading some comments on another site and one of the posts really got me thinking about the possibility that MM was an accomplice. I will paraphrase some of the thoughts:

*Matt's name was removed from the defense witness list.
*Jodi slept in Matt's apartment the night before the murder.
*Jodi attempted to send Matt a coded message from jail about getting his testimony straight.
*The dragging of Travis' body that would have required a lot of strength and the hasty cleanup....
*Maybe Matt, who may have been in charge of the cleanup, could have accidentally gathered up the camera with the bedsheets that contained the incriminating DNA.
*Matt was the first person JA called after the murder.
*During JM's cross examination, he asked JA at what time she arrived in Salinas from Redding (the car rental area), and she used the word 'we' twice. JM DID NOT immediately follow up on this, and basically she got away with saying 'we got to...' twice.
*Some people claim they see 2 people in the eyes of TA's picture where he is in the shower.

While I do agree "something" here involves Matt, I'm not so sure I'd peg him as an accomplice. The only reason? Because I believe JA would have quickly thrown him under the bus. Why in the heck would she let him go with no repercussions at all while she most likely awaits death row?

Is there any way to prove that?

I noticed she told Flores that she learned about Marie not being interested in marriage with Travis after Travis died. She learned it from the Bishop, she said. But, does she mention knowledge of this in her diary supposedly before he died?

I don't think there's anyway to prove it but I agree with Stephanie. It seems way too contrived to be legit. She has a history of stalking him, being crazy, etc., but she is giving him advice about waiting patiently for the love of his life? All the while she is living in her small, messy, disheveled little bedroom with her grandparents. Ya right.

Just ran across this, and I'm not sure if it's been posted here already so I apologize in advance if it has...this is a link to Matt McCartney's myspace photo and he lists his occupation as "ninja"!:what:

https://twitter.com//status/317311412517105664

I was also reading some comments on another site and one of the posts really got me thinking about the possibility that MM was an accomplice. I will paraphrase some of the thoughts:

*Matt's name was removed from the defense witness list.
*Jodi slept in Matt's apartment the night before the murder.
*Jodi attempted to send Matt a coded message from jail about getting his testimony straight.
*The dragging of Travis' body that would have required a lot of strength and the hasty cleanup....
*Maybe Matt, who may have been in charge of the cleanup, could have accidentally gathered up the camera with the bedsheets that contained the incriminating DNA.
*Matt was the first person JA called after the murder.
*During JM's cross examination, he asked JA at what time she arrived in Salinas from Redding (the car rental area), and she used the word 'we' twice. JM DID NOT immediately follow up on this, and basically she got away with saying 'we got to...' twice.
*Some people claim they see 2 people in the eyes of TA's picture where he is in the shower.

I recall also there was testimony that JA didn't leave Darryl's that morning until Matt got there (gosh I wish I could recall who said it, maybe it was in one of the interrog. tapes?) and with those 'we's that she was spouting I think Matt was with her for at least part of her journey to AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus