weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Murphy's Law has hit me today. Now that the trial is getting good, I have had a big project with an unrealistic deadline dumped on me at work. Bad timing. I will definitely rely on the great posts here to keep up with things. I have to really concentrate at work on this project so I don't dare try to listen to the trial using my phone.

Darn work, It is interfering with my trial life!!!

Murphy's Law has hit me today. Now that the trial is getting good, I have had a big project with an unrealistic deadline dumped on me at work. Bad timing. I will definitely rely on the great posts here to keep up with things. I have to really concentrate at work on this project so I don't dare try to listen to the trial using my phone.

Sorry! I cleared my whole week, even to the point of having my taxes done yesterday-how pathetic is that?

Hope we learn which 5 books ALV gave Jodi.

"Sticks and Stones May Break Bones, but Mean Words Will Get You Killed"

"Horrible Name Callers, and the Docile Angels Who Stay With Them"

Others?

Defense Strategies 101: Ninja or Snow White

She gave Arias five or six books on domestic violence. I'm sure that Arias tailored her story to match the book contents.

One thing I forgot to mention last week I found annoying about ALV.. (in addition to alot of other stuff) lol, was how in part of her game i think to appeal to the older people on the jury, she was trying to act all stupid when it came to anything regarding computers. Like "uhh email? instant message? uhhhh not really sure about all that stuff, hahahaha." but she didnt skip a beat when Juan brought up the Snow White thing. She gladly said about it being on you tube. Funny she knows about you tube but plays stupid when it comes to emails? No big deal but just wanted to mention it. lol.
:furious::furious:
....I know...it so bothered me!... And the times she would answer "UHUH", instead of yes and Wilmott would ask her, all cutesy smiling, " Did you mean Yes?", and ALV would sheepishly smile and nod and say" Uh Yes???"...
Grrrrr...It seemed so rehearsed .....she reminded me of trying to be like Gomer Pyle or something.....
Wouldn't it be great if Juan's computer expert proved that ALV often sent e-mails....? Then her goofy smirks would be no more.....

Just watched Jodi's parents interviews on HLN. I felt real sympathy for her mother. I know she has not been the ideal person in court the last few months, but that interview was gut wrenching. Then they followed it with all the trash talk Jodi did of her parents on the stand. The depths of evil in this murderer is astounding.

Imagine the hubris of Jodi, who didn't even have a GED, chiding her mom for never going to college and making something of herself. Late 20s and no GED, no marketable skills, bad credit history, nothing to offer but looks/sexual expertise depreciating in value with each passing day, yet it's her mother who's the slacker? What ails her can't be fixed, never could and never will.

Has the judge moved court start up to 9:30 the remainder of the trial?

I didn't hear her ask if the jury could start at that time the rest of the trial...I thought it was just for last week, with the Easter holiday?

I would LOVE it if she did!!

I just want to make sure I don't miss the start of court today...

Don't know about the "rest of the trial" but it starts at 9:30 all this week:seeya:

has anyone heard anymore about grace wong from in session being questioned regarding the JM picture taking 'issue'....I know the judge was going to review something, but didnt know if this has been handled yet?

Right now ALV is standing in front of a mirror, repeating, "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like you!," over and over.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

stuart-smalley-on-snl-300x270_zps8fa087aa.jpg

I think what she said about her family not being able to keep pets or take care of the...something...was very telling, personally I think she killed that dog, and I think other pets may have gone missing or died mysteriously...I cannot wait for someone to really get in there and dissect Jodi's life for a book...

I know there is so much more.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
[/QUOTE]

I agree in regards to the pets, shades of Casey Anthony anyone?

The way people treat animals speaks volumes to me about their character. By her own accounts her family kept the dog chained to a tree and did nothing with it other than give it food and water. No walks, no playing, little attention. Total neglect.

I've seen it too many times - people get pets because the kids ask for one, or they are just adorable puppies - but then with time they realize they don't want to do all the work involved in training and raising a dog and so the dog becomes uncontrollable or destructive. Then the poor animal becomes a victim of neglect and sometimes abuse. I've seen parallels in the way these same people parent their kids - laziness, takes too much energy to do it the right way so they let the kids do whatever they want and then ask "what did we do wrong?"

Just ranting - it's a sore subject with me. If you get a pet, it's a family member, period - or don't do it at all!

Sorry! I cleared my whole week, even to the point of having my taxes done yesterday-how pathetic is that?

My mom asked me if I'd done my taxes yet. I said, "No." She said, "When are you going to do them?"
Stupid question. "April 15th."

Over dinner trial discussion with the marital unit last night, he says, "so basically JA borrowed almost $1000 to drive to UTAH,via SoCal for a non confirmed photo shoot, spend a couple hours at a PPL get together, and a couple hours canoodling with Ryan Burns."

Riiiight.

The magical day has finally arrived! We get to watch Juan Martinez continue to unravel the myths in Jodi's journals as interpreted by Alyce LaViolette. JM will masterfully shred the tall tales that Jodi wove in her voluminous writings and eventually prove to ALV that most of JA's stories were just that - stories made up to try to paint herself as a helpless victim. How ironic is it that the real victim in this case was a gifted motivational speaker and that it will be a motivational speaker who will likely seal the fate of the perpetrator? :moo:

This is probably the last video I'll post as I anxiously await ALV's I goofed on this one.

[video=youtube;9jeQ-BgLxoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jeQ-BgLxoE[/video]

Just a quick question...so when Jodi got a 9mm gun to go camping with...saying she needed it because the camping trip was going to be with "guys" in the woods...was she talking about the 7 dwarves? Do they know how lucky they are since she was arrested?

:floorlaugh:

ok...sorry about that...I'm just excited to see The Juanimotionattack today!
whoo hoo!

Maybe she was going with these guys? image.jpg

There is always YouTube later. Bless our YouTube. What would we do without it?

Remember: We STILL don't know how old the dwarfs were. I'm hoping ALV clarifies that today for me. I've been concerned about it all weekend! :D

well considering most of the 7 had beards, that tells me they were at least beyond puberty level and not children (as depicted in the Disney version). Also in the story, the 7 dwarfs work in a mine.

It soon becomes apparent that the cottage belongs instead to seven adult dwarfs, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey, who work in a nearby mine.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_White_and_the_Seven_Dwarfs_(1937_film)

I can't believe I'm talking about Snow White in a murder trial! :what:

MOO

Mel

I have missed the last 2 weeks all by choice because I was so tired of the Travis bashing. I caught a little here and there on HLN and sure enough I missed nothing more than a circus and more Travis bashing.
I'm going to try and watch this week but we will see. I want justice served asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr