weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought just occurred to me. Maybe she had the gun on him, told him to sit down, he did and he thought he could talked her "off the ledge". To his surprise, when she put the gun down, she came back at that exact moment with the knife to the chest.
That could very well be...I thought somehow that Travis surprised her and lurched at her out of the shower. That's when the real stabbing began in earnest.
But, I have a question...and please forgive me if it's been discussed umpteen times, but I always thought I saw "something" pooling below Travis in one of the shower photos...by his thigh. Was that blood? Forgive me for not posting a link to the picture...too difficult to go back through them.

That could very well be...I thought somehow that Travis surprised her and lurched at her out of the shower. That's when the real stabbing began in earnest.
But, I have a question...and please forgive me if it's been discussed umpteen times, but I always thought I saw "something" pooling below Travis in one of the shower photos...by his thigh. Was that blood? Forgive me for not posting a link to the picture...too difficult to go back through them.

It's the shower drain

The shower drain?

A thought just occurred to me. Maybe she had the gun on him, told him to sit down, he did and he thought he could talked her "off the ledge". To his surprise, when she put the gun down, she came back at that exact moment with the knife to the chest.

Yes. That sounds likely. :(

I am still in shock that this trial is on month 4 with zero proof of self defense. I really thought the trial would last a few weeks.

I'm with you there! I would forgo paying my rent if it meant I could see that event. I know that sounds horrible *looks up at the Lord and asks for forgiveness* but still.

If God exists, he/she would look back down at you and say "yeah, but she had it comin'."

Yes. This is 2 pics of the same pic with each side of the face mirrored with the other side.

It is creepy- one shows sadness and the other one shows fear.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wZ82brZdQ...600/Travis+Alexander+face+mirror+software.jpg

I have not seen this posted here . It may have been and I missed it.
(I think it is allowed )

http://blog.eyesforlies.com/2013/03/travis-alexanders-last-photograph.html?m=1
Anger and confusion? I have not read the article.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

AZLawyer answered the question about JA's computer hard drive being admissable in court a little while ago on the legal questions forum:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion*

It looks like the hearing regarding the hard drive (audio and transcript) was sealed. This has nothing to do with whether or not the evidence will be admitted.

A whole computer hard drive could never be admitted as evidence. But things found on the hard drive certainly could be admitted, as long as they meet all the requirements of the rules of evidence.

Personally, I wonder if Jodi was going to Monterrey (sp?) to protect herself from DB and possibly from MM, leaving no witnesses behind to connect you to a crime, with that shiny new 9mm and knives.
What was she going to do with these new weapons, take on the cops?

:what: I also wondered why she "needs" these weapons. A "normal, everyday" person doesn't carry them for "protection".

Yes. This is 2 pics of the same pic with each side of the face mirrored with the other side.

It is creepy- one shows sadness and the other one shows fear.
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing that.

That middle picture genuinely breaks my heart to look at. I feel like the look in his eyes is one of sheer terror, like a child who feels helpless and all alone. It's like he's screaming for help with his eyes. In every other picture I've seen of him, his eyes are alive and bright and energetic. But this picture, the last one ever taken of his living face, is so frightening and IMO so telling. Although I doubt we'll ever know, but if that were the case, then she deserves a method of death so paramount and so inhumane. And furthermore, they should charge $100/seat admission for the event, with all proceeds going to the Alexander family. If I can in any way make the following statement legally binding: I will purchase a guaranteed 10 seats.

I am so glad to hear people say this.

That picture is not Travis posing in the shower, that photo is Travis facing death. Probably Jodi screaming at him, with a gun pointed at him, telling him all the things she is going to tell the world (lies) when he is dead and can't speak. It's so hard to look at. I just want to jump right into it and battle her. Scream for Travis to not be afraid and fight with me. He had no chance with her having two weapons but maybe if there was one more person who had a jump on it. :sigh: dreams.

If Travis only knew the legion of people who would back him, his family and his friends. The people who would see Jodi for who and what she is.

We all want a peaceful death. One where we are surrounded by family and friends and we gently slip away. We never want this. This is the worst thing, fighting for your life and losing. :( That photo is the beginning of that. He has been crying, he is afraid. We will never know what was said, we only know the outcome and for that alone she deserves to die. And she deserves Juan Martinez to put her there.

Late again..but in reading last thread it did hit me about someone being strangled..

Investigating Domestic Violence Strangulation
by Richard
November 9th, 2007

According to the National District Attorneys Association, 10% of violent deaths in the United States are attributable to strangulation. That is a huge number, and one that demands police officers properly investigate and document strangulation cases. Recognizing the signs of strangulation is the first step in prosecuting this type of battery.

Typically, the first indicator a police officer may have in a strangulation case is the victim’s statements. The victim may say “He choked me!” This is a good first indicator of a serious attack.

strangulationA quick note about terminology. “Choking” is what happens when something lodges in the throat, blocking the airway. For example, a piece of food. “Strangulation” is what happens when someone grabs another person’s neck/throat, and begins to cut of air and blood flow. Most victims will say “choke,” but you better say “strangle” when testifying.

External signs of a strangulation victim may be very minor, if they are visible at all. San Diego conducted a survey of 300 misdemeanor strangulation cases. In 50% of the cases, there was no visible injuries. Another 35% had visible injuries so minor, that they would not show up in photographs. That means that the victims in only 15% of all strangulation cases studied had injuries significant enough to (1) be seen, and (2) be photographed.

When present, visible injuries may include:

redness to the neck
scratch marks on the neck (from the victim trying to remove her attacker’s hands)
thumb print bruising
petechiae (red spots) in the eyes, or in the skin of the neck, head, and face
neck swelling

Additionally, a police officer may hear the victim’s voice as raspy, or the victim may even lose her voice entirely. About 50% of all strangulation victims experience a voice change from the physical trauma.

Other signs that strangulation has occured:

the victim “blacked out” or lost consciousness
the victim lost control of their bowels or bladder
breathing difficulty
unusual behavior changes

domestic violence investigation petechiae exampleI strongly recommend that you have EMS respond to the scene for any victim of strangulation. Minor bruising to some of the neck muscles that are not even visible, can swell and cut off the blood flow causing death up to 36 hours after the attack. Even if the victim refuses treatment, you can show you provided every opportunity for her to receive treatment.

I’ll follow up this post with additional information on the lethality of strangulation, and suggestions on how to document it to enhance your ability to prosecute these cases.

Stay safe!

Additional articles on domestic violence strangulation:

DV Strangulation – Lethality
DV Strangulation – Documentation

Jodi wants the jury to believe Travis did this several times and there wasn't any marks etc left behind.

Good theory...

But, there is only 1 minutes time span between the face and crouched down (covering the family jewels).

Here's what I thing took place:

Jodi was pointing the gun at Travis.
He knocked the gun out of her hand, he slipped trying to "lunge" at here from being wet.
Then she grabbed the knife (I presume she had it on her body already), then stabbed him in the heart, hence the spatter on the sick.
As Travis is leaning over the sick, she stabs him in the back, head, shoulders.
Travis tries to get away, makes it to hallway and bedroom entrance. He is on all 4's; Jodi grabs him from the back of the head and slits his throat.
After this, she gets the bathmat places his body on top of it and drags his body back to the bathroom. She places his body in the shower, then shoots him in the head from the right side. The bullet went downwards so she was standing over top him.

Then the clean-up begins...

Bringing this post over for those who were asking about the stab wounds

Originally Posted by Nhic
OK here goes!

She stabbed Travis while he was sitting down in the shower, he got up staggered over to the sink she began to stab him in the back, he goes down, she continues to stab him in the back, he screams and says he can't feel his legs (because she severed one or more nerves), she then slits his throat to stop him from screaming, drags him back to shower, thinks he's still alive, shoots him in the head, puts in in shower, turns water on, etc.

That's what I think happened.
ITA. She stabbed Travis in the vena cava and this is why he was crawling. The vena cava is the major "tube" that carries blood to the heart to be oxygenated. When the vena cava ruptures or begins leaking large amounts of blood the initial symptoms are horrific pain in the low abdomen/back and loss of movement in the lower legs. People rarely survive this type of injury bc the damage occurs quickly. When Jodi says that Travis was crying out that he couldn't feel his legs it was due to the blood loss from his vena cava. So, this part of events I believe Jodi is being truthful about.
_____

Sounds believable, but what about the huge pool of blood at the end of the hallway? I agree with the above scenario but I would insert that he also tried to crawl away down the hallway to escape, and that is where his throat was slit. JMO

:banghead:

Someone please tell me how this could have been ordered and yet Alyce did it anyway, and got away with it? BBM.

CR2008-031021-001 DT 08/15/2011
Docket Code 005 Form R000D Page 4
The Court has received and reviewed State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Defense Experts from Testifying regarding Victims Sexual Indiscretion, Defense Response and for the reasons stated on the record,
IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude.

Maybe if Travis were a female victim, it would have been better adhered too. I have a feeling that that is who it was meant to protect. I've talked about the gender inequalities I've seen in this case that negatively impacts men. It was especially highlighted with ALV on the stand.

Yesterday I read a blog post from someone who said that JM lost his 1st degree murder case when the phone sex tape and the text messages came in. I had to ask her how did either of those things undo the premeditation, of course I don't expect an answer. So, I turned my response into my own blog post, since I've been meaning to post about the topic anyway.

I have blogged and written articles about my observations of the case, but am not sure if posting links is allowed. I would love to share them with you all at some point to get feedback.

:what: I also wondered why she "needs" these weapons. A "normal, everyday" person doesn't carry them for "protection".

Makes me think she was up to her eyeballs in some "other" trubble...
Owed someone $$$
Something from years before in Cali?

(Not that her killing TA connected or anything)
She quit her job so IMO she was going to run.
I'm not sure she was gonna knock anyone else off 1st.maybe.

Maybe she was living out some other fantasy life before?
I know she said she had never killed anyone before but that is just such an odd thing to say!!!

She had clearly physically abused other people.
I also believe MANY people are scared of her and will not speak
unless she is locked up for good, perhaps they never will say a word...

shudder..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members