weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this journal entry was written after she killed Travis or after she had decided to kill him.

The thing that gets me about the parts of JA's journal that I've seen, is that there is nothing, NOTHING, that is about anything except what relates to her "breakup" with Travis. NOTHING. At least what I've seen. No gee, what a lovely sunset we have today. No, I'm going to take some pictures of grandma's roses for her birthday. No, stopped by the mall for my favorite strawberry fraps. Nothing.

That is something that has bothered me a bit as well. ALV didn't even seem to consider that JA could have gotten this information in some other way such as hacking into his emails or phones. Also, she spoke about patterns and contexts yet didn't see a pattern that everytime someone 'cheated' she was told by a mutual friend showing up at her work? That's odd.

Part of me feels that is what those texts are about. She hacked into his emails or/and phone. Found some things and possibly did some things like send some emails. Pretending to be TA and said things to see what would happen with the female. Being immature, she might have done something to catch him in the act or even pretended to be somebody she wasn't to see what he would do/say.

Love to know what happened there.

K
I think there's a lot more to the 'hacking' part of the story or 'sharing passwords'
Does the timeline fit when she says she was sharing passwords ending, and Travis's 'rant'* about her being a sociopath and the worst thing to ever happen to him?

*It's that event that made Arias decide to kill Travis imo.

Somebody's marrying him?

<crickets>

Why am I single? SMH

Yes! And he met her on one of the online dating sites, lol. There's a video on You Tube called "Charming' ...the fiancee talks about how she and Gus met...hilarious.

^THIS!

I was yelling at the screen! They KNEW that she found out by snooping through his phone and emails. Her BS story was the woman coming into the restaurant.

:banghead:

Ah, but the questioning juror(s) knew exactly what was meant by the question, and that ALV was totally dodging and therefore non-responsive.

If we were that juror we would have stuffed another yes/no only follow-up in the bin, hypothetically speaking. :winko:

She said her aunt found it in 2010 while cleaning out the truck. As if it was sitting in the truck for 2 years unnoticed.

She even said she reported it stolen to the police. Who reports a lost phone? It's all just JA BS.

Back when cell phones were new, your provider would require a police report if you said it was stolen. That was in the early 90's. I presume the cops would now either laugh at you or give you a lecture about wasting their time.

The thing that gets me about the parts of JA's journal that I've seen, is that there is nothing, NOTHING, that is about anything except what relates to her "breakup" with Travis. NOTHING. At least what I've seen. No gee, what a lovely sunset we have today. No, I'm going to take some pictures of grandma's roses for her birthday. No, stopped by the mall for my favorite strawberry fraps. Nothing.

I don't journal so I can't say what goes into those types of things. Have we seen all the journals?

Maybe there are these parts, just haven't seen them because they don't relate to the case. But from the dates we have seen, they are pretty day to day and it does seem like TA was the main subject.

K

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but wasn't all this Travis bashing by the defense and hearsay allowed in because of the 'self defense' 'dv' reasoning. If ALL of Alyce's testimony is a 'sham' then NONE of the hearsay or trashing would have been allowed. It was only allowed in based on her 'defense.' Your thoughts?

And my favorite quote from the trial is still when JM says "We'll it's YOUR fog!" Lololol

And my favorite was when JM says, "and what were you going to do with the gun throw it at him!" LOVED IT!

Cheerio, pip-pip, and a smashingly Good Morning to all! I say, chaps, if you feel you can spare the time, I suggest a perusal of Steely's buttons. Hilarity, music, and even magic! Not to be missed.

Well said! The amazing thing to me is the fact that the DT had the very poor judgment to even bring this text message into evidence. How much did they really gain from it? These words were the spontaneous utterings of someone who was outraged at being duped by a manipulating con artist. She 'scammed' Travis and he finally figured out what she was all about.

Not only does Travis's rant NOT support JA's phony 'self defense' claim - it goes to motive. It should have been evidence for the prosecution. Is it just a coincidence that JA stole Grandpa's gun two days later? I think not.

The DT has tried to put two square pegs in two round holes: Samuels and LaViolette. There is no evidence whatsoever of PTSD or Battered Woman syndrome. Heck, they could have gone with 'heat of passion' and had a better outcome. What were they thinking???

I agree! I believe that the defense along with samuels and ALV helped her craft her latest version of events. I don't know why they didn't go with the heat of passion defense but I'm guessing they wanted an outright acquittal for jodi. with the passion defense she would still face prison. So what better way to get her off the hook for this murder? self defense! then they decided to dirty up travis with DMV and pedophilia. If there are 12 people willing to believe this she gets off scott free for everything.

This is just for you, Katie. You can put it in your wallet.

Orville-Redenbacher-248523-1-402.jpg

Im hoping that the "something" is made known whether prejudicial or not. The DT has hung its hat on this abusive tirade that I believe came from a person who feels hurt, used, lied to, etc..

Didn't ALV mention yesterday that Arias had threatened to reveal Travis' alleged pedophilia via a telephone call?

If I'm correct:

1. do we know such a phone call was made?
2. when was it made?
3. how would ALV know it was made - Arias' word?

Guess this is how one looks after a week of death threats and complete strangers threatening to destroy you.

Psychological abuse in action.

Remember the teenager who killed herself because of bullying on the social media?

But, let's all laugh. This is so much fun. [sarcasm]

IMO
I wasn't laughing ma'am.

I was merely highlighting the difference in her persona and appearance.
Maybe whoever made that pic should show pics of her hour by hour to show a pattern. It's the only way we will see the bigger picture.

I posted this article a day or two ago. Very worth reading.

Female Stalkers, Part 2: Checklist of Stalking and Harassment Behaviors

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/1...ecklist-of-stalking-and-harassment-behaviors/

Written by Dr Tara J. Palmatier

Stalking and Harassment Behaviors List

In order to compile a list of stalking behaviors, I reviewed 4 stalking/harassment/perpetration assessment scales: 1) the Composite Stalking Scale (Davis, Ace, & Andra, 2000; Dye & Davis, 2003); 2) the Courtship Persistence Inventory (Sinclair & Frieze, 2000); 3) the Relationship Pursuit (Cupach & Spitzberg, 2000; 2004) and 4) the Unwanted Pursuit Behavior Inventory (Palarea & Langhinrichsen-Rohling, 1998; Langhinrichsen-Rohling, Palarea, Cohen, & Rohling, 2000). The following list of behaviors are a compilation from these 4 scales:

I BBM the behaviors Arias has done as we know it from the trial:

Spying on you.
Following you.
Driving by your house, place of work, school or other locations where you&#8217;re likely to be.
Tracing your whereabouts, activities and other relationships on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
Hacking into your computer, email, Facebook accounts, etc. (i.e., electronic stalking).
Creating a false identity to gain access to your Facebook/social media pages or enlisting a friend to do so.
Stealing your post mail. (I wouldn't put it past Arias to do this)
Going through your trash. (I wouldn't put it past Arias to do this)
Breaking into your car, home or office.
Seeking out your friends, family and colleagues to talk about you/get information about you.
Searching for information about you by means other than asking you for it.
Threatening to harm/kill herself.
Threatening to harm/kill you.
Threatening to harm/kill your children.
Threatening to harm/kill your new wife/girlfriend, children, family members or friends.
Threatening to harm/kill a pet.
Threatening your job and your reputation.
Threatening your freedom by making false allegations to the police.
Threatening to/destroying your property or your loved one&#8217;s property.
Sending you unwanted gifts.
Violating protective orders.
Verbally abusing you.
Physically abusing you.
Psychologically abusing you.
Vandalizing your property or a loved one&#8217;s property.
Threatening to divulge information that would be harmful to you.
Blackmailing you.
Holding you physically or blocking your egress to force you to speak with/listen to her.
Taking you someplace against your will to force you to talk with her.
Forcing you or tricking you into having sex (e.g., getting you intoxicated).
Calling you repeatedly to discuss &#8220;the relationship&#8221; or showing up on your doorstep uninvited to discuss &#8220;the relationship.&#8221;
Showing up uninvited to your home, school or place of work to see you.
Invading your personal space by standing too close or brushing against you. Doing unrequested favors.
Insisting that you &#8220;be friends.&#8221;
Seeking physical proximity by applying for jobs where you work, joining your gym, church, professional/social/sports groups or clubs, moving into your neighborhood or building, etc.
Manipulating/coercing you into dating or rekindling the relationship.
Making exaggerated expressions of affection to you and your friends and family (e.g., saying , &#8220;I love you&#8221; within a few days/weeks of knowing you or after the break-up; doing unwanted favors, giving your friends and family gifts, etc.)
&#8220;Befriending&#8221; your current romantic partner in order to harm the relationship and/or monitor you. (I think of Bionca/Matt issue)
Telling stories about you to family, friends and loved ones to show how well she knows you.
&#8220;Befriending&#8221; your friends to get close to you.
Enlisting your friends to intercede on her behalf to talk or be involved with her.
Trying to destroy your other relationships&#8212;both platonic and intimate.
Calling you repeatedly and hanging up.
Repeatedly texting/emailing/leaving voicemails.
Sending photos of herself or of the two of you or posting photos of the two of you together on Facebook and other social networks.
Writing about you or tweeting about you.
Smearing and defaming you online to get your attention or to punish you.
&#8220;Objectifying&#8221; you so that she can abuse, attack, malign and hurt you without feeling empathy or remorse.
Leaving or sending threatening objects (e.g., marked up photos of you, photos taken without your knowledge, *advertiser censored*, weapons, drugs, bizarre objects like an animal heart or soiled feminine hygiene product, etc.)
Stealing your personal objects to possess &#8220;a part of you.&#8221;
Using the court and law enforcement to harass you (e.g., making false allegations, filing restraining orders, petitioning the court for frivolous changes in custody, etc.)
Attempting to take your children away or limit your access by making false allegations or engaging in Parental Alienation.

This list is by no means exhaustive. Additionally, research finds that female stalkers tend to be more &#8220;creatively aggressive&#8221; in their stalking acts, tend to engage in cyberstalking with greater frequency, are more motivated by the desire for an intimate relationship with their victim, and are more likely to engage in stalking activities during daylight hours than their male counterparts (Alexy et al, 2005; Purcell el al., 2001, p. 2056). [*To spare myself comments pointing out that men engage in these behaviors, too; yes, they do. However, I tailor myself writing for a male audience. When women-focused abuse/domestic violence websites make their language gender neutral, so will I.]

DeMarte is going to have a field day with this! I am so very much looking forward to the rebuttal Witnesses! thank you for posting this! :screwy:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Neither did Travis's journals or his blogs. Or anyone else's.

THE ONLY THING SHE USED AS 'CORROBORATION' WAS HIS ONE ANGRY TIRADE OF TEXTS. That is it. Oh, and Jodi's word.

What she read of that message was pretty bad but you are right, I believe that was all she used to base her opinion on. Tons and tons of good things said about Travis in many different places and this is what she focused on. Pretty narrow view if you ask me.

So, anyone know what the deal is with court tomorrow. I lol'd when JSS got onto LAV for telling her about her personal affairs. I get a feeling Judge doesn't really care for LAV either. Lav said something about being there Tuesday.

Also Judge told the jurors to have their cell phones handy???? Can anyone fill me in here?

And my favorite was when JM says, "and what were you going to do with the gun throw it at him!" LOVED IT!

Mine was "Were you crying while you were shooting him?...Were you crying when you were stabbing him?...How about when you cut his throat, were you crying then?

I thought the same thing! Huh?

I think she must have been trying to say both what happened in the jail and when she's been seeing JA in court, but got the whole thing totally garbled. Much like the rest of her testimony.

I tend to agree with some blonde lady ?
Yesterday on HLN some lady said that what was weird about the whole (barrier/Plexiglas) thing with whether or not there was any physical touching was the fact that she had to think about it as if she may have or would have except she was barred from doing so. Instead of just saying, No.

Didn't ALV mention yesterday that Arias had threatened to reveal Travis' alleged pedophilia via a telephone call?

If I'm correct:

1. do we know such a phone call was made?
2. when was it made?
3. how would ALV know it was made - Arias' word?

I am not 100% sure , but IIRC, ALV did testify that JA told TA that she would reveal that but she discounted it as being a threat just that JA was angry or that it was in response to a threat from TA to A. Something along those lines. Hopefully someone will remember.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member