weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On June 4th 2008 ja testified she had 2 cameras with her, Olympus and Canan, one was in the car and one she had in the bedroom, can't remember which is which.

However, at one point in her testimony I believe she said she had 1 camera with her and all her belongings were in the car.

Who knows, she lies so dang much.

Yes, she said she had put her belongings in the car around 2:00pm and over three hours later, almost four, in that HOT car. Melted camera, melted make-up, hot Costco water and hot gasoline cans in the trunk.

:floorlaugh:

I know I didn't know who Jodi Arias was 2 months ago.

This case has encompassed almost every aspect of my life. :iamashamed: When I was at the doctor's office, the nurse was reading over my shoulder and said, "That's gruesome reading."

I said, "It's a gruesome case."

The doctor came in as I was saying "Jodi Arias" and they looked up and said at the same time, "Who?"

I said, "Where have you people been?" Duh. Saving lives. lol

I gave them a quick summary as the dr wrapped my knee and they were actually enthralled. And this was weeks ago before some of big fireworks!

Amazing how a case becomes such a part of your every day life that it seems weird when it isn't a part of anyone else's. :p

I can see people are concerned about meddlesome bathroom breaks during cross-examination. Consider the following for your Monday Juanstravaganza.

space_diaper.jpg

OMG...Reminds me of the female astronaut stalker!

Another super creepy case.

BBM.

What IS the deal with her camera? Where is it? Is it another thing the DT successfully kept out? I have this nagging feeling there was a brief exchange about it between nurmi and JM at the very beginning of the trial. Anyone else remember? It's been so long ago, I could be wrong.

Even if I am, it is VERY strange we don't have the professional photographer's camera.
I think that there will be many shocking bits of information that come out after trial. It's incredible how much seems to have been held back!

moo

I really don't even understand what Samuels and LaViolette were for anyway -- neither of them testified about why jodi would be afraid for her life on June 4 when she shot Travis and then blacked out and stabbed him and slashed his throat.

I can see people are concerned about meddlesome bathroom breaks during cross-examination. Consider the following for your Monday Juanstravaganza.

space_diaper.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I carried this over from last thread...I believe Juan knows what brought Travis to his angry e-mail on May may 26 & we are going to find out in his rebuttal case. Have faith in him..he will bring this home & he did not need much work to do it..he will use Jodi's & Aylcle's own word to convict her!!!

The name of the person that wrote this will not come up on my computer...I am sorry I can't get it to work..

Good Morning to all the WBers!!! Fresh coffee or refills!!!!

I hope everyone is having a fine morn on this beautiful Saturday.

I have had enough of AVL, I have turned her over to the Judge, Karma and the Universe. She got to me yesterday big time, I just don't want my serenity disturbed by her testimony. She isn't worth it. That being said and my on this embarrassing colleague issue.

Some thoughts is Travis going along in life being a regular guy of 30 year old attempting to make it appearing to do a pretty good job of it too. He is struggling between his faith and finding his place with being single, hormones and pressure to be married. He wasn't perfect so who is. I am sure he would have figured it out eventually IF HE HAD THAT CHANCE!!

He seemed to be an easy going and out going guy who enjoyed giving/helping others as one part of his spiritual journey. He was very tolerant person of others faults, misgivings and empathetic.

When he met Jodi, the tides turned to a world he was not use to. He attempted to continue to be understanding, positive, over looking faults, and doing what he thought was what the "right way' to handle this horrible situation with Jodi especially once he was putting two and two together as to what she was doing. His tolerance of Arias stalking Obsessive vengeful behavior was pretty high until....

...a "Something" happen in May, 2008 Arias did that was the last straw for easy-going Travis and he loose it. "The Something" had to be so bad for Travis to slice and dice Arias. After hearing the admitted lines he did say, I heard hurt in his words. For example, The words he used "the slang for prostitute" means to me he may have felt used, "dildo with a heartbeat" means to me he still felt being used.

I believe, unbeknownst to him, he sealed his fate when he threaten Arias to "tell her parents and friend" "The Something". "The Something" had to be pretty bad in the eyes of Travis to actually go to her friends/family.

I don't believe "The Something" is hacking his emails, Facebook, My Space accounts, bank accounts because she had been doing those actions for awhile with his knowledge. "The Something" must have occurred in May and it was a whopper.

This is out of character of Travis it just has been something over and beyond what has been going on prior to all of her snarly, stalking behaviors previously.

I hope we can hear in re-buttal the "The Something" unless it is too prejudicial.

I think it was a mistake for Alyce to use the terms "survivor" to refer to abuse victims in this case.

That's how most of us were staring at our monitors when we weren't screeching.

I still find it astounding that for a person who thinks she's as smart as Einstein and with 2 years in jail to think of nothing but every single second of that day, this story is the best she could do. :facepalm:

Or does she simply think everyone else is dumber than a bag of hair?

She has no gauge for what others think apart from their reaction(s). She has no normal feelings within her. She's learned everything she knows by observing. Very difficult for her to get information from a jury that has been instructed not to emote and with which she cannot converse.

moo

No

I found it chilling that in JA's testimony she said that she lingered at the office door watching Travis & Napoleon for several minutes before they noticed her. Now if that's not stalking behavior I don't know what is. If Travis was expecting her wouldn't have he been watching for her? Why would she have to sneak into the house?

Just my :twocents:

She can't even remember her own storyline. She's admitted to being in the house without his knowledge, or so it would appear by her "lurking" at the doorway. It must be The Fog.

:D

Of those choices I would exclude the grandparents as they seem to be of a low-fixed-income. Mom, perhaps, however Dad, no. Travis most likely not beyond what we already know he did for her. The other three, definitely good possibilities.

:)

MOO

Her parents said that Jodi would not let them visit her, and that she had really had no contact for several years. I firmly believe she was making her money through some sort of sex industry. Maybe call girl, phone sex, or something just on the street. I know that someone said she was a nympho. jmo

Phone records indicate that she called him for all the morning hours before her trip. 1am to 4am. He barely contacted her back until about 4am when they talked for like 40 minutes, I think.

Then after she got the rental car, she started calling some that afternoon. She had a talk with him or left him a message, cause the call was like 2 or 3 minutes, then she called Ryan. She got gas around this time, too, in Pasadena, and then she was on her way to Mesa.

I think she was trying to rile Travis up about her trip to see Ryan in hopes that Travis would want her to come to him. But I think he acted contrary to how she'd hoped, and Travis was uninterested in her coming to his house. For some reason, I think she might have changed her mind and decided to go on to Ryan's, but then while on the road, she got mad all over again at Travis' blow off and decided that she was going to Mesa to kill him like she'd planned.

I can't see why else she'd call Travis, have a few minutes talk and then call Ryan to say she'd be there in a reasonable amount of time. Seems like she wouldn't have bothered to make the call because she actually arrived to him about 24 hours late, right?

I have lost all sympathy for ALV .. any that was left has been eroded by watching and re-watching her answer juror questions that contradict her answers from mere seconds before, and ignore rational thinking for the sake of attempting to prop up a failing defence case that never had a chance to work in the first place because it was based on a ton of bald faced lies by the accused.

This may have been posted already, but it's the best article I've seen yet: http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/alyces-mad-hatter-kool-aid-party/

And you know what, there really was a case here for the defence team if they had managed to get jodi in front of a truly insightful psychologist / expert witness .. someone who could have discussed the REAL issues of this case. How a girl with a shaky past, who ceased being parented at a very young age developed a personality disorder which was never addressed and lurched from one failed relationship to the next then met a man she thought she loved who just wanted to have sex with her and discard her if someone he thought 'worthy' came along, only to pick up with her and discard her again for the next 'worthy' candidate. How that would effect someone with a severe personality disorder and perhaps why things ended up the way they did. I mean at least we'd be hearing an argument based on the truth of things, as opposed to the insulting and ridiculous defence put on.

No wonder the juror questions are harsh, they may as well have asked ALV if she thinks they are idiots, as that was pretty much the underlying message in all of them. No wonder Nurmi's gunning for a mistrial, the whole things a disaster, and you have to wonder at a defence team that didn't see this coming a mile off.

Note for next time Nurmi: Once you get your strategy together shell out for a focus group so you can get a little feedback on how things are going to go down, since clearly you have a hard time reading the writing on the wall yourself. Because you may not be able to get yourself out of this now, and it's not your head on the chopping block, it's your clients, and every future client is going to know about it.

Wow! Thank you for suggestion egg tree news..hilarious. Love "Stabby Einstein"

I went back and watched part of JM's cross of AVl on April 9. There was a section where he was outlining JA's stalking tendencies in her previous relationships with BJuarez and MMcCartney. Wilmott made a lot of objections when Juan was talking about how after breaking up, JA moved to Medford after Bobby moved to Medford ( that's where she eventually met Matt). So I went back and reviewed JA's direct (YouTube, croaker queen day 13 part5-6) re: the Bobby relationship and it IS SO CREEPY. She really did hound Bobby and traipse around after him, even going so far as to move to another city where he had moved AFTER their break up. Just like she did with Travis! It was only when she had Matt to glom on to that she let Bobby alone, it seems. Lucky Bobby.

She seems to have met MM through Bobby...And MM and DB seem to have known each other as well. Strange that.

moo

I really don't even understand what Samuels and LaViolette were for anyway -- neither of them testified about why jodi would be afraid for her life on June 4 when she shot Travis and then blacked out and stabbed him and slashed his throat.

THANK YOU!!!

Neither do I understand what possible benefit either of them had for the defense, or to further the self-defense position. If anything, I believe both of them helped the State, though not deliberately.

MOO

Her story (read: lie) was that she dropped the camera, then in a rage Travis lunged for her making her fear for her life.

Phone records indicate that she called him for all the morning hours before her trip. 1am to 4am. He barely contacted her back until about 4am when they talked for like 40 minutes, I think.

Then after she got the rental car, she started calling some that afternoon. She had a talk with him or left him a message, cause the call was like 2 or 3 minutes, then she called Ryan. She got gas around this time, too, in Pasadena, and then she was on her way to Mesa.

I think she was trying to rile Travis up about her trip to see Ryan in hopes that Travis would want her to come to him. But I think he acted contrary to how she'd hoped, and Travis was uninterested in her coming to his house. For some reason, I think she might have changed her mind and decided to go on to Ryan's, but then while on the road, she got mad all over again at Travis' blow off and decided that she was going to Mesa to kill him like she'd planned.

I can't see why else she'd call Travis, have a few minutes talk and then call Ryan to say she'd be there in a reasonable amount of time. Seems like she wouldn't have bothered to make the call because she actually arrived to him about 24 hours late, right?

I hadn't realized they talked on the phone just before. It's possible knowing how furious he was with her just a few days before, she wanted to call and con him and apologies and sex talk....subdue him for the kill.

from SyraKelly's post - "This is out of character of Travis it just has been something over and beyond what has been going on prior to all of her snarly, stalking behaviors previously."[/I]

I agree so much and I wished so much JM would have pointed out how out of character this email seemed from anything else Travis had written and I wished he would have asked ALV if she asked JA what prompted this "tirade" as the DT loves to call it

Well whatever their purpose was suppose to be , it appears that they failed miserably. At this point I am guessing it was all just a big distraction to muddy the waters...and trash poor Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser