weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the end of the night and as usual somewhat random thoughts go through my mind.

Tonight's free flowing thought went back to my first real notice of this case. I caught a clip of JA's interview with (I think) 48 Hrs. The one where she explains her behavior in the interview room as wanting to put her best face forward because that is what Travis would want her to do (I am paraphrasing her words)

That has always bothered me. Tonight I figured out why. In some cultures during a battle, warriors are said to believe that when they take a foe's life, they take on his power, his strength or other attributes.

Hasn't JA made other public about what Travis would want her to do?

I'm wondering if in some part of her if maybe JA feels like Travis is 'with' her, since she killed him. With her, always approving of what she does or wants to do, always admiring her.

I think she said Travis wanted her to smile and say cheese... :facepalm:

I found this about the apple testimony

1:51 p.m. ET: Martinez wants to know if LaViolette read the police report and Arias' police interviews. LaViolette said she did review those materials, but doesn't remember details from them, because it was a long time ago. Martinez said Arias told police four different stories about how she cut her fingers.

1:48 p.m. ET: LaViolette said she did not focus on the story about the apples, because she was only supposed to access whether there was domestic violence in the relationship between Alexander and Arias.

Martinez said, "And so, that’s one of the things that you believed when you were talking to the defendant, that the cuts that she suffered during this killing were a result of her cutting apples? Right?"

"I didn’t believe that.," said LaViolette.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/09/does-martinez-have-more-tricks-his-sleave

Might have been Tues.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 43 - Part 1 - YouTube

start about 42:30

Strangely enough I just read about this case...

http://triangle.news14.com/content/headlines/613582/mocksville-jury-finds-kirk-turner-not-guilty

He claimed he slashed his wife's throat in SD when she attacked him with a 7 foot Viking spear!

ETA He was aquitted.

Thanks! I knew someone would come up with a case.

I watched a program on that case a while back. This guy would have been toast if they didn't uncover such compelling evidence that proved the wife attacked first.

I think I watched this one on 48hr Mystery a while back.

Yup! And he brought a lawsuit against 2 agents claiming they fiddled with the evidence. It was dismissed.

Did you think he was not guilty?

Seriously ALV? What if the female has a weapon or two? Can the male stop the aggressive act then? Hypothetically speaking of course.

The article actually states" "A woman's aggression does not usually present a "survival problem" unless she uses an equalizer (e.g. gun,knife)."

I guess JA had two equalizer's.

Thanks! I knew someone would come up with a case.

I watched a program on that case a while back. This guy would have been toast if they didn't uncover such compelling evidence that proved the wife attacked first.

She may have attacked him first, but I do not think it broke his heart that he managed to slash her throat and kill her.

:rocker:there are no notes she changed that story and the shooting in the closet story after the DT told her she screwed up.
She changed her mind just yesterday. They had over night to fix it.

She actually stated JA told her those things so......

I get a ding ding in my head reading this. Is ALV the one who was supposed to get info from the secret decoding magazines?? Maybe JA wanted MM to get to her and talk to her. Didn't MM have physical interviews with ALV?? Hope the jury remembers all these little details. We see it, discuss it and are able to watch it again and again They only have one shot. Oh I hope the jurors have great memories so they know what to review once the can deliberate.:please:

Off topic but do you have any idea why when I click on the 'more' over here for the smilie emoticons ------------------------------------------------->

It doesn't work? I need some emoticons.:please:

It has glitches lately, esp. when the forum is crowded. Here is what I do. whenever I see that it works, I open the page, and I scan it and find the ones I think I will use most, and I cut and paste the :keywords: onto another Document, which I save separately.

That way, I have a little stash of my fave emoticons, set aside, for times like this.

:dance: :great: :what: :eek: :angel: :wave: :woohoo: :giggle: :eek:fftobed:

Last thing I'd heard, MM has left the country! That, or he's in some sort of witness protection programme. He is definitely not anywhere that's traceable on the internet...NOT a small feat!

moo

If they bring him in to discuss the pedophile letters she goes to Death Row IMO.

this has probably already been posted before...

in the trial Laviollette has testified about Arias not writing negative things in her journal (in the period leading up to the killing) because of Arias following of the "law of attraction"...

but I just noticed on Arias blog - specifically her entry from May 4, 2008 (just one month before the murder,) she writes that she stopped believing in the "law of attraction" about 6 months prior

and

So while I now go about my day in a manner far removed from my previous Mode of Operation...

http://jodiarias.blogspot.com/2008/05/law-of-attraction-here-we-go-again.html

edited to add:

December 2007 would be six months prior...and that's when Travis started dating another woman & that's also when Arias had alledgedly slashed his tires.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

What bothers me is the apparently COMPLETE lack of remorse.

Just completely lacking in that department.

No amount of punishment is going to make her feel remorse either, it's like that part of the computer chip got fried.

Infuriating. :furious:

She's a psychopath. As someone else just said, textbook case.

For anyone to believe JA was a victim of abuse at the hand of Travis is an affront to every true victim of domestic violence.

Travis was, and will always be, the only victim in this case. Not JA.

MOO

Well said Panthera. Jodi Arias victimized Travis Alexander and in the worst way imaginable.

:rose: RIP Travis Alexander

I really don't understand why we are angry with the DV expert??? She was fan-friggin-tastic for the prosecution! We should send her flowers and a thank you note!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of understand what you are saying here because she did help prosecution, its just the way she helped, she sat there all that time and killed Travis over and over again, this time in front of his family.
His siblings will NEVER get over the accusations she made about what Travis was NOT!!

She was hired as an EXPERT and proffesional.

She has done to Travis'family what she says Travis did to the *advertiser censored*, she needs to pay, PERIOD!! :furious:

Both her and JA are equal on the lying ricter scale. A BIG 10.

Tornadoes that come in and wipe out everything in their path ,whether it means total destruction or not, they could not careless!!

For Alyce, what point has she made? Nothing more than she is a LIAR and for what?
If she had told the truth she still would have gotten paid $300.00 an hour for an honest testimony and not ruined her reputation. END RANT

You must have forgotten that it was unloaded when she first found it -- Travis told her so. Then later he told her it was loaded, then another time she saw him load it and take it somewhere, but she's only actually seen the gun twice, including the day of the murder. New math ....

And then she wrote in her journal that Travis was suicidal in February and wanted to get a gun .

Yup! And he brought a lawsuit against 2 agents claiming they fiddled with the evidence. It was dismissed.

Did you think he was not guilty?

I thought he was guilty. I watched it tonight and was shocked that those 2 women were found guilty though. Sorry for the o/t

I'd like to know of any other documented case in history where a person slashed another person's throat in legitimate self defense. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere ...or maybe not?

Maybe, but I'll bet there weren't over 20 other stab wounds and a gunshot involved. I'm thinking this one stands alone in that regard.

Geraldo- isn't there a hurricane somewhere he can be reporting from the middle of?

Fun fact: Geraldo Rivera was married to one of Kurt Vonnegut's daughters in the early 70s. Kurt Vonnegut HATED him.

this has probably already been posted before...

in the trial Laviollette has testified about Arias not writing negative things in her journal (in the period leading up to the killing) because of Arias following of the "law of attraction"...

but I just noticed on Arias blog - specifically her entry from May 4, 2008 (just one month before the murder,) she writes that she stopped believing in the "law of attraction" about 6 months prior

and

So while I now go about my day in a manner far removed from my previous Mode of Operation...

http://jodiarias.blogspot.com/2008/05/law-of-attraction-here-we-go-again.html

edited to add:

December 2007 would be six months prior...and that's when Travis started dating another woman & that's also when Arias had alledgedly slashed his tires.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

Did you read her profile on that page?

2 of her favourite books: How to Win Friends and Influence People - and - Power vs. Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member