weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if Jodie is able to testify during the sentencing phase. I can't imagine what lies she would come up with. Wonder if she is writing down questions for her attorney to ask and her answers.

I'm not sure there was time for her to search the house for a suitable knife. The whole thing took place in, what was it? A minute and a half or something?

Gunfirster or not, I think she had both weapons with her when she started.

I believe the gun shot was last based on the physical evidence. It doesn't lie like JA. It speaks loud and clear. She needed to get him in the shower in order to stab him. That was always her intent.Nothing prevented her from shooting him while he slept. Easy peasy. In fact, she risked less by going into his home, shooting him and getting out asap if she just wanted him dead. The problem was she wanted to torment and torture him. She had her ex-bf nude, in a cramped space, sitting down..what a humiliating position for him. The only reason she took that last head shot of him was to capture the look of fear in his eyes. Based on all the physical evidence the gun shot was last.

Bottom line for me: She slit his throat. In my book, that means she brought that knife intending to use it. I'm not buying that anybody makes a snap decision to slit somebody's throat. That's something our Einstein was looking forward to, IMO.

Well she wrecked it for me - seems spooky now.

"...fall, on your knees..."

Barbara Streisand would be the cure for that. Trust me. :)

And they loved my siblings more
They wouldn't let me drive the car
They made me work in the resturaunt instead of having fun...

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

K

I went back and watched DB's testimony (didn't see it originally). It kind of threw me for a curve. He seemed quite gentle and earnest to me. I couldn't visualize that person in such a long relationship with Jodi.

I was just wondering if Jodie is able to testify during the sentencing phase. I can't imagine what lies she would come up with. Wonder if she is writing down questions for her attorney to ask and her answers.

Usually people read a statement talking about how sorry they are for all the pain they caused.

And they loved my siblings more
They wouldn't let me drive the car
They made me work in the resturaunt instead of having fun...

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

K

and prob told him that and both her parents abused her and beat her etc and that is why I think Travis said " you are like your mother" = " you are an abuser"

Yep I think she used the abused children to create rapport with Travis. Gee... Travis I had a horrid childhood too. Psychologically ... In the beginning... He wanted to save her. He wanted to be the grandmother in his history to rescue her. All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet you are on to something there.

I wish we knew what that text was about...I think it would shed some very prejudicial information on the defandant.

K

Why can't they do anything to her, when she would answer this, but not in front of the Jury????
This is not fair to Travis and his family!
:furious:

Jodi Arias Trial - TIME OUT FOR ALYCE - YouTube

ETA. She had the opportunity to answer this in front of the Jury, but refused to do so.

The fact that LE found knives in the rental car and that TA had tires slashed indicate she was comfortable having a knife on her for whatever reason on at least 3 occasions, so not a stretch to believe she had a knife in her purse, backpack, or luggage.

RSBM I've posted often regarding my conviction that our Einstein had quite an affinity for knives. In my view, the slit throat proves it. She had probably done a lot of fantasizing about using her favorite knife in just that way on several of her real and imagined enemies. She could not control herself in this instance. I do indeed wonder whether it was actually the first time she had used one so savagely -- I'm thinking 'no'.

:cow:

I went back and watched DB's testimony (didn't see it originally). It kind of threw me for a curve. He seemed quite gentle and earnest to me. I couldn't visualize that person in such a long relationship with Jodi.

You know what, I agree. I have gone back a couple times and rewatched and he just seems like a nice guy.

But, in my head I am wondering how that could be. Did he stick around and stay her friend because he didn't want repurcussions or did he really care about her. Does she have dirt on him? Kwim...I can't figure it out.

K

Remember Juan made jodi read the mssgs out loud. She read them as if she...had....never...seen....them...be...fore. LOL!

I hope this comes out in rebuttal - the jury wants to know too!

:seeya:

do you know what day and time this testimony was would like to see it again thank you

Amiss? How so?

It is just my personal opinion , What I see when I look at him is someone that could go both ways. I don't mean to offend, but that is what I see.

Does anyone actually watch Geraldo any more ?

I didn't even realize he was still out there doing his thang. Last time I think I watched him was the satanism stuff. I would never watch him for serious stuff. He is all about shock value. Or he was. Maybe he is a serious reporter now. Don't know, don't care.

Usually people read a statement talking about how sorry they are for all the pain they caused.

Yes....but what will JA say I wonder?

It wasn't me...I mean it was, but really I had too.

Even on the stand when the jury asked the question of her if she hadn't been caught would she have ever confessed and she gave an answer equvialent to 'no'...

What really can she say in the end after she sat on the stand and spun a tale of woe that didn't even make sense.

K

Re BBM

JMO
This is a great theory. I agree this is very possible. I keep remembering her statements about staring at him and the dog made some kind of sound that busted her. I really think she was trying to sneak up on him and get close enough to stab him with the knife. Even if the roomate was home, she may have been planning on using the knife as a silent kill.

You make some great points that if she had done it right away and drove right on over to Ryan's house, it would have been much harder to prove she had enough time to drive all the way to Travis house. The whole "ninja" story when she was being interviewed makes me think she really was trying to be that Ninja.

Really good point regarding the Ninja. It's entirely consistent with her uber-creepy sneaking into Travis' house, hiding in his closet, popping up in his bed or on his couch, arriving unexpectedly in the middle of the night on June 4th (depending on your perspective) -- and choosing the word suggests that she probably was associating her obviously nutty stalking behaviors with the super-cunning Ninja she imagined herself to be. I swear, with this person, nothing would surprise me.

:cow:

Why can't they do anything to her, when she would answer this, but not in front of the Jury????
This is not fair to Travis and his family!
:furious:

Jodi Arias Trial - TIME OUT FOR ALYCE - YouTube

ETA. She had the opportunity to answer this in front of the Jury, but refused to do so.

Not really. She was hugely damaging to the defense case. She was their Hail Mary pass that ended in a fumble.

I'm thrilled with ALV and her testimony! I want to send her a thank you card and a fruit basket.
She destroyed the weeks of carefully crafted testimony about sex by Nurmi,

gave us another version of finger injury, which ALV didn't believe
told us she had concerns after Daryl said Jodi borrowed gas cans to go to MESA,
Pulled the trigger in the CLOSET
Lied to the jury for Jodi

You know what, I agree. I have gone back a couple times and rewatched and he just seems like a nice guy.

But, in my head I am wondering how that could be. Did he stick around and stay her friend because he didn't want repurcussions or did he really care about her. Does she have dirt on him? Kwim...I can't figure it out.

K

He did say that over the last summer they were together she seemed to be changing a lot as a person, but the malignancy in character just seems so immutable and pervasive. It's hard to picture it not emerging until her mid 20s.

I shouldn't talk... My record is horrible!

I've been wrong a lot!

OJ
Thought the Ramsey's would at minimum be indicted...and arrested
Michael Jackson
Phil Spector ... First trial
Casey Anthony
.... Too many to remember actually. So put no stock in my opinions!

Ditto!

K

IMO he was probably very easy to manipulate.

Remember Juan made jodi read the mssgs out loud. She read them as if she...had....never...seen....them...be...fore. LOL!

I hope this comes out in rebuttal - the jury wants to know too!

:seeya:

Much like her Boxcar Children magazine codes...

All the self-proclaimed Einsteinian defendant accomplished with those was to provide a little amateur courtroom theater for an already skeptical jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicank