weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. :floorlaugh: Whenever I need a good laugh I just watch Juan cross Samuels and Gus S. :floorlaugh:

Calling 911 was one of the first juror questions. Samuels used the fight/flight analysis and either way you go, 911 would be the one thing most sane people would do.

Lord. I was just listening to Dr. Samuels spar with Juanderful and I cannot believe I missed this the first time but, but, but he actually said that calling 911 during an emergency is unrealistic.

:what::what::what: :facepalm:

Strangely enough, the 911 system has worked for everyone else in crisis since 1968.

I can't believe that got by me the first time around.

It has been suggested that he said he would lie for Jodi. IIRC it was on the Jodi supporter site, so if so I would take it with a grain of salt.

However, Jodi did say in the 48 hours interview that he would never betray her, to which JM taunted her with. I believe either in attempts to impeach any testimony from him if he were called by the defense, because JM was able to 'flip' him, or just to screw with Jodi's head.

the important thing about matt is he doesn't even have to show up. the jury has heard his name countless times as the guy who is her staunchest ally, the one who witnessed the bruises on her neck, the ONLY person she told about the pedophile incident and TA's abuse.

and if the jury had forgotten about matt, ALV sure reminded them because she RELIED on statements of his to form her (completely wrong) opinions and brought him up many times to defend her position.

and the defense will rest without calling this star witness????? hmmm.....i'd find that pretty strange if i were on the jury.

i think things have clearly changed between JA and matt. she dropped a dime on him in her testimony by mentioning his illegal gun collection, for one thing. i think at some point, JM threatened MM with the funny business involving the phony letters, and MM told JA she's on her own and he can't help her anymore. she seemed not so sure of his support when she talked about him on the stand.

:what: OMG... There's an actress named "Jodi" in this movie!!! What are the odds???

I noticed that, too, and shouted out, "OMG! There's an actress named Jodilynne in the movie." :eek: DH and I watched it until 9:00 but found it confusing and not really worthwhile. We switched to "Little Fockers" :D

Yes, back then there were two kinds of guys to date..the punk/rocker type and the hippie type.

My mom used to say if the guy showing up at the door had long hair and tatoos, they were looking for me....:blushing:

K

I think we are kindered spirits ... :floorlaugh:

This was part of that long rant ALV read and dismissed too, correct?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365955632.408567.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the article below to be extremely interesting in thinking of what occurred in court Friday.. IMOO

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-is-alyce-laviolettes-behavior-unprofessional/

This might be a dumb question? But could this have something to do with Tuesday? She was proud to have her friends and family present to watch her spar off with Martinez. Also maybe someone reported her and nurmi doing hugging on camera.?

Anyone think this isossible!

I have lost all sympathy for ALV .. any that was left has been eroded by watching and re-watching her answer juror questions that contradict her answers from mere seconds before, and ignore rational thinking for the sake of attempting to prop up a failing defence case that never had a chance to work in the first place because it was based on a ton of bald faced lies by the accused.

This may have been posted already, but it's the best article I've seen yet: http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/alyces-mad-hatter-kool-aid-party/

And you know what, there really was a case here for the defence team if they had managed to get jodi in front of a truly insightful psychologist / expert witness .. someone who could have discussed the REAL issues of this case. How a girl with a shaky past, who ceased being parented at a very young age developed a personality disorder which was never addressed and lurched from one failed relationship to the next then met a man she thought she loved who just wanted to have sex with her and discard her if someone he thought 'worthy' came along, only to pick up with her and discard her again for the next 'worthy' candidate. How that would effect someone with a severe personality disorder and perhaps why things ended up the way they did. I mean at least we'd be hearing an argument based on the truth of things, as opposed to the insulting and ridiculous defence put on.

No wonder the juror questions are harsh, they may as well have asked ALV if she thinks they are idiots, as that was pretty much the underlying message in all of them. No wonder Nurmi's gunning for a mistrial, the whole things a disaster, and you have to wonder at a defence team that didn't see this coming a mile off.

Note for next time Nurmi: Once you get your strategy together shell out for a focus group so you can get a little feedback on how things are going to go down, since clearly you have a hard time reading the writing on the wall yourself. Because you may not be able to get yourself out of this now, and it's not your head on the chopping block, it's your clients, and every future client is going to know about it.

Quote from the article “domestic abuse excuse” pitched by Stabby and her band of merry enablers..." I'm sorry, STABBY made me laugh

Lord. I was just listening to Dr. Samuels spar with Juanderful and I cannot believe I missed this the first time but, but, but he actually said that calling 911 during an emergency is unrealistic.

:what::what::what: :facepalm:

Strangely enough, the 911 system has worked for everyone else in crisis since 1968.

I can't believe that got by me the first time around.

REALY he said that! <modsnip>.

In all fairness (and I am no Samuels fan), I think he said (or meant) that calling 911 was not a viable option for JA, because she had told him that (*advertiser censored*-and-bull?) story about one of the former boyfriends knocking the phone out of her hand and getting madder when she tried to call 911 during a fight.

Has anyone watched Hln this weekend? Some journal entry she made saying she had a dream that there were two people, one was in custody, the other questioned by the FBI ?
Driving a yellow pickup truck. Could she have an accomplice? The journal or. Text was narrated by a female voice?

no. that's just one of her phony journal entries to take suspicion away from herself. just like the entries wondering what happened to TA when she knew damn well what happened to him.

I went back and watched DB's testimony (didn't see it originally). It kind of threw me for a curve. He seemed quite gentle and earnest to me. I couldn't visualize that person in such a long relationship with Jodi.

I felt the same way initially, except for some several strange things he said.

JM had to keep reminding him of earlier statements he had made about JA's calls to him about the gas cans, and knowing JA was going to Mesa.

He would not admit that without great effort. Then his "Yes," she had told him was eerily hoarse and strained. Whatever his feelings may have been, how he would still try to protect JA after what he knows about the premeditated murder is astonishing.

He was also evasive about that remote and her returning it, and other things that happened during her stop. Did he loan her that money she deposited?

why wont Matt be called in rebuttal (could they call him as a hostile witness)

Actually I think that JM gets much more mileage out of the fact that all of the DT witnesses, including JA herself, have used MM as their basis for a lot of different things in her favour and yet they never called him. I'm sure JM will bring up all those things in rebuttal and then ask "why did the defense not call MM as a witness in this case?" It would be much more effective than bringing him in as a hostile witness where you never know what he'll say.

MOO

Hi all, a question. Does anyone know if there is a list of the prosecutions rebuttal witnesses, and if so where can I go to get it? TIA

I'm quite confident the closing arguments will seal the deal for no less then LWOP.

I'm from Canada and I also personally don't believe in the DP. But I do believe in sending someone to the far far north (Antarctica?) and throw them to the elements.
She could be little Red Riding Hood alright, mauled by wolves.

Juan has some cards up his sleeve and he will play them as he puts the pieces together.

Remember when he kept asking Jodi what else she got done at the salon in Salinas?

1. her nails
2. brazilian wax
3. Hair darkened

moo

Man, I hope she doesn't get a 2nd degree verdict. I wonder if 2nd degree will even be included as a lesser charge. The jury could hang on 1st degree (not that I question it, but they have not seen all that we have), but IMO 2nd would be a slam dunk. Wow, what a decision to have to make.

Wow!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I click on that link, I go to my Swagbucks page for some reason. I have heard that Bobby's tweets make it clear that he is no fan of Jodi's and his sympathy lies with the Alexander family. Has anyone see these tweets?

Hmm...yeah, I see what you're saying. Could be just surface damage from water or something. But, yeah, it really does have that look.

It's coke. Look at the yellovv thingy beside the povvder--it's used to chop it into a fine dust. (Just sayin. :facepalm:)

****DVR ALERT**** TODAY!!!!! 1PM/EST, Oxygen Network, "Snapped" Case of Wendi Andriano w/our own Juan Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018