weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted rather be. Safe than sorry, but Mary had both arms cut off by ab abusive psycho.

If he was stabbed near the heart already as maybe the first stab he wouldn't have been able to fight back much no matter how big and strong he was.
Try and imagine the pain of a large bladed knife going into your chest deep enough to cut heart sack and a major vein that returns blood to your heart.
It's easy for us to sit in a chair and think this or that, but to be the one stabbed and going through the shock and pain is another thing.
Lots of people have died from a single stab to a vital area and none of us know the exact sequence of the stabs so being a big strong guy doesn't matter much if your Incapacitated by one stab already.

In addition his lungs were filling with blood, hence the spatter at the sink. He was definitely incapacitated...imo.

Sleep= more thought process.

The other issue I have with the self-defense claim is why didn't she just say that to Det Flores?

It seems like she really really wanted to see the pics once she found out thy were discovered.

She needed to see the pics to formulate her story. And, ironically, it's ninjas and the same story Travis had.

:wave:

Reminder!

If a link comes up on our pages ******** it means it's not allowed on Websleuths. This would include any discussion of the contents of said link.

fran

Oh thanks! I kept googling it complete with the little stars! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to add to my question about the tweet that I thought Bobby J. was her bf ten years ago, and does that make the alleged "bipolar hotline" call that long ago?

The page is not allowing me to edit or add, all of a sudden.

Is it because he is not a credible witness? or- he been offered some sort of deal? Just throwing it out there...

And Matt... But no way will he be called

Kscornfed, there is no yes or no answer to whether I listened to her. I'm confused about what you mean by 'at all' because I don't know whether you're asking to what degree I listened or if I half listened or if you're implying I didn't listen. I know that I have research on how often people fail to listen because they can't hear and they can't hear because of an awful wax build-up but again, I'm not sure if you're asking about making a choice to listen or an inability to listen because of a buildup of wax. I see no end to the possibilities of how the question can be interpreted but I actually left the research in my bag over there and I can get it if you really need the wax buildup answer. In the meantime, I'm also perplexed about whether you may be implying *I* have a buildup of wax and if that somehow impacted my relationship with Alyce and now that I think of it you're mis-characterizing my contact with Alyce, which doesn't rise to the level of a "relationship" much less an intimate one. You're asking me very incomplete questions that don't get at what I'm equipped to explain. So if you could just clarify for me what you mean by the word "intimacy" I can determine if I am applying the same definition and interpretation that you're applying. Now would be a great time to explain to you how *I* define* wax buildup and the effect of that on intimacy and listening as opposed to the way Webster approaches those definitions. We could add these words to my continuum but you had a little episode last time I suggested looking at the continuum and that quite frankly gave me the impression you weren't listening so if you don't want to listen and I don't understand what you're getting at, you'll agree that this simply cannot be answered with a "yes" or "no" ... did you know there is blood coming from your ears, kscornfed?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
This.....is pricesless !!!!
Great post !!!!!!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

In regards to Jodi not writing anything about the alleged abuse from Travis in her journals....

We are to believe that shortly after the alleged choking incident JA realized TA was capable of killing her and that this was part of the foundation for her fearing that TA may potentially kill her on June 4th 2008. This alleged event happened some time before 06/04/2008 and we are told that the abusive behaviour escalated over time.

I've heard of domestic violence victims who secretly document abuse in case of their death. Also people who end up dead by either murder or apparent suicide who had told people close to them that if they die under suspicious circumstances that they were murdered. In fact, we know Travis told friends if he was murdered it was at Jodi's hands.

I can understand someone not writing about being abused in their journal. However, couldn't Jodi have documented the abuse and kept the document in perhaps storage, in a safety deposit box.... or under her car seat ? Couldn't she have confided in someone if she believed he was capable of killing her? After all, she had threatened to reveal his alleged pedophilia and as a result he verbally threatened her.

I'm saddened to hear of the women here who have experienced DV and I understand it is possible for someone to not document the violence or tell someone, even if it is over an extended period of time and they fear for their lives. It is just in Jodi's case it makes her (third) story less credible without any..... collaborative evidence.

I thought JM tying the supposed instances of abuse to being very near each time he rejected her was so smart! Both the Aug. '07 and Jan. '08. I certainly hadn't seen it...that's why he does this and I don't I suppose!!!

Lord. I was just listening to Dr. Samuels spar with Juanderful and I cannot believe I missed this the first time but, but, but he actually said that calling 911 during an emergency is unrealistic.

:what::what::what: :facepalm:

Strangely enough, the 911 system has worked for everyone else in crisis since 1968.

I can't believe that got by me the first time around.

Just watched the end of Friday - Who is Miss Wong and why does she have to be there to testify on Monday? I'm keeping up pretty well, but this one threw me for a loop!:(

I agree, the roommate thing is a puzzler. This isn't the most satisfying answer but it may be that she didn't know at all. She may have gone there knowing she might have to delay the big event or at least do some reconnaissance on the roommate situation first.

I could never commit a crime like that,even if I knew no one else was home besides travis.
Travis had many friends, what if one just happened to drop by, unanounced.

I don't care how pissed someone made me, in self defence you just disable the alleged abuser and run speedy Gonzales on a mission., ( im no psycho) Somehow I think she was calm and enjoyed it and possibly took pleasure in tormenting him.
But than I'm normal and most of us have more sense than to do a heinous thing. Can't justify self defence with over kill.

Unless Jodi Arias actually test fired the .25 prior to using it to shoot TA in the head/face she couldn't know for sure if it was operable but ultimately I don't think that mattered as it appears she had experience handling knives strong enough to slash through tire rubber. What's interesting to me is whether any of her former BF's or parents/GP's were asked about Jodi and any past history with knives including where/how she could/would have acquired them (e.g.purchased herself, stolen from them or restaurants she once worked at, etc).

:wave:

Reminder!

If a link comes up on our pages ******** it means it's not allowed on Websleuths. This would include any discussion of the contents of said link.

fran

Thank you Fran and I am very sorry. I honestly didn't know. :blushing:

why wont Matt be called in rebuttal (could they call him as a hostile witness)

It has been suggested that he said he would lie for Jodi. IIRC it was on the Jodi supporter site, so if so I would take it with a grain of salt.

However, Jodi did say in the 48 hours interview that he would never betray her, to which JM taunted her with. I believe either in attempts to impeach any testimony from him if he were called by the defense, because JM was able to 'flip' him, or just to screw with Jodi's head.

Is it because he is not a credible witness? or- he been offered some sort of deal? Just throwing it out there...

No one can be certain of what he'd say. IMO when a person is willing to lie for a murderer...kinda... Until cornered to save them self...changes story...

That person is not trustworthy IMO

When I saw that picture, that was the FIRST thing I thought of too!! She looks like she's holding her pot smoke in. Someone who is holding there 'hit' of pot in, looks like they are holding their breath. And.. they are sitting in a circle to pass it around and share the happiness, hahaha! Probably the pot they grew in Mom's tupperware in the roof :floorlaugh:

I had the same thought as well, yet I see no smoke in the picture at all, the pictures are crystal clear, unless she took the first hit. I did notice how she let the nail polish wear/ship off and not remove it. Nasty! I did notice that it looks pretty shabby in that room, like an abandoned flop house. jmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosArgs
Which roommate was not home that night?

So, JA knew Taylor was not there and Enrique would be home at 6ish?

One of the many unsettling things I have tried to figure out from the limited information we have (only the forensics) is:

How did JA know she would get out without being seen, without bumping into a roommate, or maybe a friend stopping by?

How did she know she would have time to use the washing machine? When you think about how long it would take her to attempt to clean up or cover up some of the crime scene, even badly, and drag TA, then do laundry downstairs, something is strange.

My first thought was that she waited until late to sneak out, but then there are the calls she made to TA's phone, north of Kingman I think.

It looks from the pictures I have seen from the inside of the house, that the stairs lead past a lot of the downstairs rooms. JA planned some of this murder in a lot of detail, but I don't see how she planned her escape.

I would love to know what others think. I'm sure was discussed in detail, somewhere, but I've not been able to find it.

Great questions...

The only thing that I can think of is that she knew to scope out who was around or not upon arrival and knew she'd kill him once hey we're the only two left and is just so arrogant, in her mind she'll just never get caught.

Her fancying herself such an Einstein and all...

I think she went there to toy with him and kill him but had enough hubris to fly by the seat of her pants in terms of anybody being there, coming home unexpectedly, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry