weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord. I was just listening to Dr. Samuels spar with Juanderful and I cannot believe I missed this the first time but, but, but he actually said that calling 911 during an emergency is unrealistic.

:what::what::what: :facepalm:

Strangely enough, the 911 system has worked for everyone else in crisis since 1968.

I can't believe that got by me the first time around.[/

REALY he said that! What an idiot.

I am very impressed with the juror questions. We have each other to hash out all the testimony, they dont and still come up with some amazing questions. The one question about whether ALV recieved those magazines she gave Jodi with the messages in them. I didnt even remember those were from ALV to begin with. Sharp I tell ya. LOVE THEM! ALV had a genuine look of surprise on her face about that one. IMO

Let's just hope we dont have one lone,stubborn hold out in the bunch !

I had the same thought as well, yet I see no smoke in the picture at all, the pictures are crystal clear, unless she took the first hit. I did notice how she let the nail polish wear/ship off and not remove it. Nasty! I did notice that it looks pretty shabby in that room, like an abandoned flop house. jmo

Rolling @ flop house! My mother used to say that when I was a child. I had a habit of not putting my laundry away, I'd pick from the basket. She would say, put that away... I'm not running a flop house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did say that over the last summer they were together she seemed to be changing a lot as a person, but the malignancy in character just seems so immutable and pervasive. It's hard to picture it not emerging until her mid 20s.

My X- daughter-in-law was diagnosed as having borderline paranoid schizophrenia 6 months after my older son married her- when she was in her early 20's. We were told that these disorders do come out about that time in a person's life.
Horrible for my son and he actually managed to stay married to her for 11-12 yrs- he is such a good guy- until he couldn't take it anymore. He helped her for 5 yrs after their divorce.

I commended him for having such patience- she's very hard to live with.

Can you link me to the photo you're talking about?

I saved it to desktop...let me see if I can post it but I have no idea how to post it here...LOL

Edited. I think this is it.

Attachments

• Jodi.jpg
    Jodi.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 23
Just watched the end of Friday - Who is Miss Wong and why does she have to be there to testify on Monday? I'm keeping up pretty well, but this one threw me for a loop!:(

She's a HLN producer and I think she's to testify about Juan and autographs or something like that.

Welcome to our group teacher1. :seeya:

:wagon:

Has anyone watched Hln this weekend? Some journal entry she made saying she had a dream that there were two people, one was in custody, the other questioned by the FBI ?
Driving a yellow pickup truck. Could she have an accomplice? The journal or. Text was narrated by a female voice?

Unless Jodi Arias actually test fired the .25 prior to using it to shoot TA in the head/face she couldn't know for sure if it was operable but ultimately I don't think that mattered as it appears she had experience handling knives strong enough to slash through tire rubber. What's interesting to me is whether any of her former BF's or parents/GP's were asked about Jodi and any past history with knives including where/how she could/would have acquired them (e.g.purchased herself, stolen from them or restaurants she once worked at, etc).

It's highly likely she did test fire the .25 cal. She certainly had the opportunity.

I think that would have been an interesting question to ask her close associates about knives, but judging by her deed, she not only was comfortable, but relished in her handiwork.

I am of the belief that she stole and brought the .25 cal. to secure her initial control. Although JA was strong and was described by Ryan Burns as strong and fit, I don't think she could have been certain to catch TA in such a vulnerable state that she would be able to execute him with her knife, alone.

Against popular belief, I'll field this with what I think MIGHT be a possibility.

I think Jodi did have help. I think her intruder story WAS true and she was the 'female'. (I mean, what was her advantage of making one of the intruders into a woman? It makes no sense)

I think Jodi lured him into the shower and this 'intruder' (perhaps Matt McCartney) came in through the back window (that a screen was found laying in the backyard and taken into evidence......) and a burglary scene was set in case a roommate came home?

Now the BIGGEST question I come up with empty with is: Why would someone help Jodi kill someone else?

I think the fact that this chick has a fan club after brutally ending the life of another... might be indicative of how people in her life (mostly men and now.....lesbians?) are drawn to her and obviously very dedicated to her too.

So if my theory is right, who knows why someone would help her. I think Matt was involved in the grandfather's break-in and most likely gave Jodi the gun and DVD player once she got down near Darryl's.
She most definitely bartered the gas cans for the stolen DVD player and THAT'S why the gas cans were never returned to Darryl (because Jodi own them now)

I also think she had a disposable cell phone besides just Gus Searcy's phone she had borrowed. I don't believe she drove phone-less for hours while trekking to Travis' house to kill him. I think she had one of those prepaid phones and was in contact with Matt, Gus and Darryl the entire time and in fact, I believe all 3 men are deeply involved in this event. Deeply!!

I don't think there was any evidence of anyone else involved. In fact, Det. Flores even told her that he thought someone else had to have helped her. But, as far as I know, today 5 years later, they still don't have evidence of there being more than TOOT being involved.

Wow, I thought that was already taken care of when Jean testified. I'm surprised it is still going on. Thanks so much for answering!!! :)

Apparently it is typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed lover homicides that the killer will make room, as part of their planning, for the possibility of one last chance at reconciliation, about which they are sincere and hopeful but nonetheless prepared to kill the person upon rejection.
This explains why she didn't kill him immediately and postponed the murder for a sex romp. The only thing that could be described as a trigger would have been her acceptance he was beyond persuasion .

I think the change in who Travis was taking to Cancun was a sign to Jodi that Travis was serious this time and they were through as a sexually active couple. He could have just as easily taken Jodi on the trip because Mimi communicated to Travis she would go but just as friends. If Jodi saw this communication it may have enraged her even more because if there was no romantic interest between Travis and Mimi then why would he not take Jodi. In her mind she should have been the "friend" to take because of their involvement. For Travis Jodi was not the one to take because he was trying to get his life back on track. Jodi making herself available all the time clearly was scaring away potential wives.

I just do not see how ALV could not consider the fact that Jodi, for the most part, drove hundreds of miles to see Travis. It was only when they first met that Travis visited her home, nothing after that. Jodi only claims he came to her place one or two times in the amount of time she lived in Mesa. All the other events took place in his home and apparently with a lot of people around, parties, etc. She makes it sound she was in the home on a daily basis which it appears she was not.

Deanna was in and out of the home and they had at least one event where they were in the home at the same time. I do not think Travis was trying to protect Jodi against Deanna but the other way around. We have all seen that look in Jodi's eyes when she is upset and I do not think Travis wanted Deanna exposed to that. If Travis thought Deanna was crazy he would have never left Napoleon to her in his will. And the will is another thing that creeps me out. Dogs do not have long lives and yet he made arrangements for the dog in his will.

Another reason to believe the pedo pictures are a lie because Deanna had no problems coming and going into the home and into Travis bedroom. It was noted she slept in Travis bedroom when he was on a trip and she watched the dog. So is was always Deanna that watched to dog. We heard Jodi say she had asked Travis if she could stay at the house while he went to Cancun and he turned her down. So the plan could have been that Deanna would have been staying there watching the dog while he was away, as usual. Jodi had a job yet she was willing to walk away from the job to housesit for a week while Travis was in Cancun. Yet ALV can't see this as obsessive and stalking behavior.

Anyone think that Jodi may have taken the ring and admitted it to Travis on the phone and that was part of his rant to her? Is it also possible she told him she would return the ring so when she showed up on the 4th that is why he allowed her to stay there as long as she did?

[/B]

My X- daughter-in-law was diagnosed as having borderline paranoid schizophrenia 6 months after my older son married her- when she was in her early 20's. We were told that these disorders do come out about that time in a person's life.
Horrible for my son and he actually managed to stay married to her for 11-12 yrs- he is such a good guy- until he couldn't take it anymore. He helped her for 5 yrs after their divorce.

I commended him for having such patience- she's very hard to live with.

Wow, very interesting, that puts a different spin on it then. Thanks.

I could never commit a crime like that, I don't care how pissed or psycho. Somehow I think she was calm and enjoyed it and possibly took pleasure in tormenting him.
But than I'm normal and most of us have more sense than to do a heinous thing. Can't justify self defence with over kill.

I agree - definitly not buying ALV's pathetic explanation that JA wouldn't have known when to stop. How about when she dragged poor Travis back to the bathroom and stuffed his mutilated very bloody body into the shower ... seems to me if ALV really did look at the big picture she'd be telling a different story - one that actually reflects and/or matches the facts in evidence rather than obfuscates them. :furious:

It's highly likely she did test fire the .25 cal. She certainly had the opportunity.

I think that would have been an interesting question to ask her close associates about knives, but judging by her deed, she not only was comfortable, but relished in her handiwork.

I am of the belief that she stole and brought the .25 cal. to secure her initial control. Although JA was strong and was described by Ryan Burns as strong and fit, I don't think she could have been certain to catch TA in such a vulnerable state that she would be able to execute him with her knife, alone.

She was strong enough to drag him and put him in the shower. We can see that by the pictures.

She's already scripted it:

"No jury is going to convict me ... because I'm innocent and you can mark my words on that one -- no jury will convict me."

"If I hurt Travis, if I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty."

And then that script will slip through her fingers and haphazardly drop to the floor "at her feet... in that chaotic pattern that paper falls."

Sounds like science-fiction to me:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member