weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what I found lurking in my bathroom! Juan sure could have used this a good month ago.

Fog_Cleaner.jpg

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I thought that was a really interesting trait that she shared with Samuels. Confronted with the fact that they got taken in by a liar, they both dug in their heels and refused to believe it. I know it's hard, but don't most adults know this can happen to anybody? (That sounds like a great title for a book.)

Well Alyce should have been fined or preferably thrown in jail for that idiotic, patronizing and childish coment, coupled with her blatant lies to the jury. Judges seem to put up with so much.

The articles I've read said she got a lot of phone calls at her office, and angry emails, which I presume someone else told her about. In fact, I would assume a lot of what she learned she heard from someone else. That talk that she cancelled on April 6, I think she actually cancelled that herself. So she must have been hearing it from somewhere.

I'm convinced she never thought it would turn out like this. Why she thought that, I have no idea. But I will say this, I'm going to look at my circle of friends pretty carefully and make sure they understand that if I were about to get myself into this situation, they should tell me the truth no matter how much it hurts.

I don't think she knew the case would garner national attention in the way that it has. I know I didn't know who Jodi Arias was 2 months ago. When she started testifying is when I heard about it, and she had been on the stand a few days already. I think I recall someone saying that a friend of ALV's said she was nervous about testifying before she did, though. I imagine she had heard about Dr. Samuels and the things people called him - like Dr. Fog, etc.

Why would ALV dare to testify that she based her in-court testimony on the report(s) of another expert, in this case RS? I mean the whole "shot him in the closet" is a BIG DEAL! Why would I believe that she didn't hear this directly from the defendent herself? If we or the jury were to believe her- that she had no idea what transpired on the day of the shooting- why the heck didn't she make an effort to find out? Did her DV evaluation stop at the moment Jodi picked up the knife?

It didn't fit in with Jodi being abused; therefore, it had little or no importance to ALV and was simply an aberrant incident, not a PATTERN (that we KNOW of).

A thread or two ago, people were talking about this and nobody seemed to know if it was true or not, and nobody had a link. So I've been wondering.

The Peter LaViolette reference was meant to be humorous.

ETA: I googled what you suggested. I'm on page 5 of the search and I got nothing. There's just too much info about LaViolette's testimony. That's why I'm trying to narrow down the search.

I know its there...I read it! :sigh: it was weeks ago....I will go thru my history...(btw I got the PLV humour--hockey is big around here :)....

Can I ask for another hint???:blushing:

This reference was just for general questions.....I just notice the same old darn general inquiries daily....
sorry...but pretty much all that is out there to know: is here.

Isn't it Juanderful that both defence witnesses have done nothing more than solidify Jodi's ability to manipulate and lie in order to concoct a defence, any defence, that will get her out of facing the full consequences for what she has done. Neither one has been believed, even IF believed neither one presented an argument which qualified for anything near self defence.

They've both done more harm than good, remember even here there were posters who were open to hearing arguments from both sides, were less sympathetic towards Travis than people are now, etc. The longer they've talked, and the more obvious it becomes that the defence has been built on the lies of the accused and nothing more, the more people have realised that the argument is built on nothing. Absolutely NOTHING. No matter what each witness has said it's all come back to the stalking and abuse AT Travis. God only knows how they carry on each day knowing the attempt has completely failed, the only thing protecting Jodi from reality is her own narcissism .. if it wasn't for that she'd be a complete wreck.

It'll be interesting to see her reaction at verdict and how she acts out during penalty phase, it really will...

:goodpost:

Who will testify on her behalf during the penalty phase? :floorlaugh:

v.

How many will be testifying on behalf of Travis during her penalty phase? :rocker:

Does JA have ANY friends at all? :great:

I concur...
Pith, prose and pontification are often lost in a plume of political correctness ....

(Lol...I had my alliteration vitamin today :floorlaugh:

Oh-oh. Few things as dangerous as vitaminized sleuthers. (It's a real word. I made it up, and I like it.)

Beside the killing of TA -- I would get so PO'd every time JA would say "When Travis passed away......."

Gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r- :furious:

Plus when they turned around TA words when (JA) was egging him on the tape - and he said "She sounded like a 12 year Girl...."

Since I come from a FARM, Thank God TA never said something like "She sounded like a Cat in Heat". The DT would have started to include *Barn Animals* and put Barn Animals on the witness stand.

They took words and Twisted them so much, Geeeeeeeeeeeez

BBM. Yes, funny how having your throat cut can cause you to "pass away."

They'd probably have called a veterinarian and a sex therapist. I suppose we should thank our lucky stars, really.

:goodpost:

Who will testify on her behalf during the penalty phase? :floorlaugh:

v.

How many will be testifying on behalf of Travis during her penalty phase? :rocker:

Does JA have ANY friends at all? :great:

:dunno: Are you asking in general or besides detainees and/or convicted felons?? ;)

Is there any proof that Travis knew she was coming to Mesa? I haven't been able to find anything.

No proof that I know of. I'm on the "he didn't know she was coming" team.

:cow:

I'm on that same team. I'm also on the team that believes that she snuck into his house while he was unaware and sleeping that night.

:seeya: Jumping off your post here :

BBM: HLN is losing a lot of credibility, IMO ... that "new show" they have on with their riduculous re-enactments relating to the trial is an "epic fail", IMO !

Their ratings were probably average before this trial started ... and of course when a high profile trial starts, the rating go up and up ... and unfortunately, HLN is really the only game in town covering this trial on a full-time basis ...

So, IMO, they will do anything for ratings and to keep those ratings, which is more viewers and more $$$$$ ...

HLN does not care if justice is served, with the exception of a couple of the talk show hosts like Nancy and Beth ...

What HLN is more interested in is viewers and $$$$$, and IMO they will do anything to get a story, even is it means interfering with the justice system !

IMO, HLN needs to stick to the REAL FACTS and put an end to their "non-sense" for ratings ...

They KNOW better !

:moo:

I freely admit that I still miss the original Court TV before it got all trustuff ...

I don't know how much storage units are there, but I bet they're more expensive to rent than here, and they're not cheap here at all!

As someone else was saying, who all was bankrolling this chick? Grandma and grandpa? Mom and dad? Darryl? Matt? Gus? Travis?

Of those choices I would exclude the grandparents as they seem to be of a low-fixed-income. Mom, perhaps, however Dad, no. Travis most likely not beyond what we already know he did for her. The other three, definitely good possibilities.

:)

MOO

me too and I don't think she got there when she said she did...I think she got there after the roomie went to work...she knew their schedules. I think she sneaked in on Travis while he was sleeping....easy to get a man to have sex with you when you wake him up in a aahhheeemmmmmm certain way!!

I don't know how much storage units are there, but I bet they're more expensive to rent than here, and they're not cheap here at all!

As someone else was saying, who all was bankrolling this chick? Grandma and grandpa? Mom and dad? Darryl? Matt? Gus? Travis?

OT The whole money/lifestyle thing gets me too. It kills me that she was driving an Infinity! (It had to be new bc she talked about it being on warranty). Even in 2006 when she met Travis - she was only a waitress! Are tips that good? Isn't California an expensive place to live? Unrealistic expectations.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member