weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised she didn't leave a note with it -- "Dear Travis, please be careful and don't be murdered by Ninjas lurking in your bathroom tonight."

:silly:

On another topic, for the lack of anything else of interest on TV tonight, I am watching a repeat of HLN "After Dark". JA's inconsistent story of where she shot Travis was brought up, that she had testified to one thing, and told ALV he was shot in the closet. Then she said she ran down the hallway and could hear him coming after her. Barefeet on a tile floor and she could hear him?? How could she possibly remember something like that yet forget so many other important details.

:liar:

MOO

Regarding the Theft of the Laptop from the Psychologist: What shocks me is she didn't make a backup of something so important. Any Clinical Psychologist getting ready to testify in Court would know to back up their work. That was just plain incompetence on her part. I mean you can have anything you do automatically backup up online now with zero effort with a cloud service. What an oops moment for her.

I doubt it had anything to do with the Trial though. Just a simple Burglary. :what:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...t-witness-in-arias-trial-has-home-burglarized

How do you know it wasn't backed up?

This is where the innocent pay. JA could've avoided hurting her own kin, as well as TA kin. She could have, actually most do think about Jeffrey Dolhmer, Ted Bundy, even Manson knew when their number was up.

She is the one that changed the life's of others who are innocent, just because she is still alive and still breathing. Put her to death as her sentence, and others out of their misery. Seriously, she will never be able to give her siblings a normal life again, her parents, TA death wasn't enough - she went right to the meat of his living family members.

If ever there is a DP sentence - this should be it.

Is that the brother she hit with a baseball bat

Listening to Tricia's Blog Radio show. Holly Hughes does NOT know when to STFU .... not a big fan .... bleck!!

If ALV were to be impeached, wouldn't that be a disadvantage to the prosecution at this point? Also, could this be grounds for a mistrial or an appeal?
Apologies if these Q's have previously been dealt with...

Absolutely not. That is often what cross examination is..........impeaching the witness. No it is not grounds for appeal.

Impeaching means the cross examiner has proved that the witness has lied or is biased and is not credible. Juan did his job and did it exceedingly well just like he impeached Dr. Samuels.

IMO

He was so obviously convinced he was "one of them," and had been engaged in activities similar to theirs. :eek:

I love that he was hurt that they lied to him about the floppy disc .. he thought they were all old friends after all.

I'm in ca and don't say it. I'm in Lodi area where jodie stopped at McDonald's 4 fries n water
Lol about within your ear shot blasphemous. I know I'm the same way about using gods name in vain or slang.
I'm in CA, Bay area .. guilty.. I say it.

:silly:

On another topic, for the lack of anything else of interest on TV tonight, I am watching a repeat of HLN "After Dark". JA's inconsistent story of where she shot Travis was brought up, that she had testified to one thing, and told ALV he was shot in the closet. Then she said she ran down the hallway and could hear him coming after her. Barefeet on a tile floor and she could hear him?? How could she possibly remember something like that yet forget so many other important details.

:liar:

MOO

I watched one night last week...

"Did Jodi premeditate the murder?"

guess what?

12-0

all 12 voted guilty I was SHOCKED!!!

I'm a gunshot first camper. Just look at the trajectory of the wound and think about a left handed shooter. Now think about TA being crouched in the shower - and then tell me what you think! With all the manipulation of his body post mortem, his body (and consequently) head wound being washed after being drug back into the shower - and his head being in an upright position - and decomposing for 5 days - I think it's impossible to tell.

I think the gun jammed, which is EXTREMELY PROBABLE (LE here) especially with a small caliber, and possibly old ammunition. I had a .38 revolver that would only fire every other round. Happens more often than you think, depending on a ton of factors!

After the gun jammed, came everything else. No way Jodi would have brought a gun to a knife fight, and used the knife second. She wouldn't have taken that chance.

I absolutely agree with you on this and I don't know why it's been such an issue since it would be hard to tell about that gunshot wound with all the moving and manipulation of the body, the running shower for who knows how long after she had dragged him back in there and the five days of decomposition. It only makes sense really. There is no question that he was likely shot in the face/head while at the bottom of the shower, the question seems to be was it before or after. It seems to me that it just makes sense that she planned to empty out that gun on him in the shower because that is obviously where she intended for him to be and to be found. Her own ninja story mentioned the gun jamming. For all we know there was only one round of ammunition in it. Would she have known enough about guns to know how many rounds were in it? Did she just assume it was fully loaded when she stole it from her grandparents? Or did she assume one shot to the head would be enough to kill him?

I really think that the knife might have been meant to do the kind of sick damage that a rage filled pyschopath might do after the person has been rendered incapacitated by the gun. But it didn't work out that way because Travis was able to get up and out of the shower after that one gunshot. So she went at him with the knife at that point and things got messier than she thought they would. But she managed to get the job done now didn't she. Sick. Just sick.

MOO

Incorrect.
I concur.

even nurse practitioners can prescribe meds depending on the state. that being said Arias is allegedly on no meds and not taking any so we need to move on (not directed at you just jumping off of your post)

Listening to Tricia's Blog Radio show. Holly Hughes does NOT know when to STFU .... not a big fan .... bleck!!

Yes, the issue wasn't the position she took, it was getting the facts of the case wrong .. like saying Jodi was arrested a week after the murder on HLN.

We have a very large family...five children all married to loving spouses, 14 grandchildren, and brothers, sisters and their spouses plus my precious mother in law and they all come to our home each Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

Not once have we ever even had a disagreement with each other and this has been a family tradition at our home for 30 years. It truly is such a fun wonderful time and everyone gets along so well with each other.

Reading some of these tragic situations among families :( makes me know I am truly blessed and lucky to have the family I do.

imo

Loved this post! I was raised in a home with a passive, neglectful mom and a violent alcoholic dad. Bad, but nothing close to so many stories shared here. I took away from that experience a clear understanding of the type of man I wanted to marry and have a family with, and I found him 37 yrs. ago. He came with the most wonderful family I've ever seen. So put that in your children raised by abusers often grow up to abuse pipe and smoke it, Alyce!

I really think the ME made a lot of sense and he thinks the gunshot came last. It really doesn't matter in the end since the Judge has ruled it is 'cruel' either way the sequence went.

There is no way to tell that the gun jammed. We do know that it ejected the casing properly and landed on already spilled blood. It was pristine and clean except where it rested in blood. None inside the casing and none on top or around the casing. All underneath where it laid in the blood pool.

Dr. Horn had never even seen the photo of the casing on top of the congealed blood pool nor had he seen the photo of her foot and showing Travis seriously bleeding from the neck before he testified in court. Those photos though line up with his opinion that the stab wounds came first including the slit throat. We know he made it to the end of the hallway and that is where she slit his throat.

I just think when she was dragging him back to his makeshift tomb she heard him taking his last breaths and shot him in the head to make sure he was dead. In fact I agree with the ME and Travis was mostly already dead when shot in the forehead.

But its neither here or there anyway.

IMO

Still sticking with my gunshot first theory. I believe the malfunction occurred with the second shot. When ME stated that he couldn't say with 100% certainty - I gave my mind carte blanch to figure it out for myself, in what I believe occurred based on what I know and based on interviews and based on my working knowledge of investigations - but - everyone is passionate about their belief in the string of events - when it has room for speculation.

At the end of the day, she did it. Either first, second or third. Because she would even lie about who gave birth to her - we will never know.

Im sorry but I have to mute Holly when I hear her.

She is constantly getting the evidence wrong. When she is on After Dark she drives me insane when she tells the mock jury falsehoods and just makes up evidence that doesn't even exist.

I have to mute her and Jean.

Imo

I love that he was hurt that they lied to him about the floppy disc .. he thought they were all old friends after all.

Oh, I know. He was sooooooo odd. However, you could really see the dysfunctional mental state -- not insane by legal definition, I know, but there was clearly a problem there.

Im sorry but I have to mute Holly when I hear her.

She is constantly get the evidence wrong. When she is on After Dark she drives me insane when she tells the mock jury falsehoods and just makes up evidence that doesn't even exist.

I have to mute her and Jean.

Imo

I am not a fan of hers either...

I never heard that the U-Haul company was liable for the damage done to Travis' BMW. It was just a car dolly where the front wheels are in the dolly track and the back wheels are on the pavement. Most of the time the person drives the car up onto the dolly not the U-Haul rep.

Do you know where that was said?

tia

I have always been under the impression it was JA who had left the car in gear, thereby ruining the transmission. I have never heard of any employee of U-Haul having any liability in this matter.

MOO

Something tells me ALV has no idea re costumes many young women are wearing these days for romantic encounters/costume parties, etc.:

Amazon sexy school girl costumes: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=school%20girl%20costume%20sexy&sprefix=school+girl+costume%2Caps%2C290

There are many similar characters, including Sexy Little Red Riding Hood.

It amazes me that this kind of thing isn't brought up. Travis is a villain for saying Jodi sounded like a 12 year old girl, yet we have sex role playing outfits of women looking like 12 year old girls.....

Are the women who wear these advocating pedophilia? I doubt it. Why is Travis bad for the comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025