weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is no biggie, but something I want to ask because it's been bugging me.

How many people really say "gosh" nowadays? I've never said it. Is it a California thing?

JA said it in the interrogation room..."gosh, jodi, you could have at least put on make up."

ALV said it to the juror's question about looking at JA while answering questions.."gosh, I didn't even know I did that."

I also picked up on words that both of them used while testifying that I would not normally expect to hear. Can't think of them off the top of my head, but it did strike me when I heard ALV using JA's words.

My daughter is required to say Gosh in place of God - when she isn't actually talking about Him

Example. 'Oh my Gosh' 'good Gosh almighty' 'Dear Gosh'. You laugh, but my 15 year old daughter ain't allowed to be blasphemous within my earshot.

This is no biggie, but something I want to ask because it's been bugging me.

How many people really say "gosh" nowadays? I've never said it. Is it a California thing?

JA said it in the interrogation room..."gosh, jodi, you could have at least put on make up."

ALV said it to the juror's question about looking at JA while answering questions.."gosh, I didn't even know I did that."

I also picked up on words that both of them used while testifying that I would not normally expect to hear. Can't think of them off the top of my head, but it did strike me when I heard ALV using JA's words.

Einstein dropped enough slangy language on the stand to reveal the street urchin under her carefully constructed facade of virginal rectitude. Methinks she can swear with the best of them, has done so, and will continue to do so into the future. "Gosh" is just an intentional affectation to avoid saying "God", and thus being blasphemous -- according to the projection she was currently offering of Mormon virtue to anyone who would listen.

Anybody who's been around the block can see through this character.

:cow:

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

O/T I knew Stephen Powell, Josh's dad in 2000 iirc. Yuk. He was a vendor/salesman of mine & dealt with him about 10 times, 3 times in person. I disliked him as much as everyone else I worked with. Oddly, the owner was fine with him. He stood over my desk with my phone (corded) talking to his daughter in WA long distance. I refused to deal with him. Creepy dude weasel type dude. Dennis is pretty scarey though.

Back on topic.

Here's a link to progression of the French Maid outifts and when they became sexier. Long before Travis thought about it. ALV would have to live in a cave not to know this stuff isn't anything new or so shocking. jmo

As time progressed during the 1920's and 1930's the French chamber maid outfit.
became a symbol of sexual freedom and eroticism

http://www.mylunakiss.com/french-maid-costume-and-accessories-style-history.aspx

I felt really bad for JA's father and brother. Her brother shouldn't have been there at all. What the he// were his parents thinking?

I sincerely hope he has a good support system and is in counseling. Poor kid!

Yeah, come on kiddo we're taking you down to the courthouse to see your sister, today's going to be a highlight!

WTF :banghead:

This just bothers me! No One called for him???
No One got concerned Friday Saturday SUNDAY???

What about the family he always ate with??

I guess he was just a busy guy and no on really got worried...
Both roomies were new.
One of 2 months and one two weeks?

Did JA run every other guy/roommate off before she left????
I'd bet my bottom $ on it!
I think people were calling, but remember, Jodi had the pin to pick up his messages and even delete them. In her cover-up-call she says she know (somebody or other) is (looking for him? or calling him? or something like that). Geez, now I'm going to have to find that message tape played in court again. :facepalm:

I'm a gunshot first camper. Just look at the trajectory of the wound and think about a left handed shooter. Now think about TA being crouched in the shower - and then tell me what you think! With all the manipulation of his body post mortem, his body (and consequently) head wound being washed after being drug back into the shower - and his head being in an upright position - and decomposing for 5 days - I think it's impossible to tell.

I think the gun jammed, which is EXTREMELY PROBABLE (LE here) especially with a small caliber, and possibly old ammunition. I had a .38 revolver that would only fire every other round. Happens more often than you think, depending on a ton of factors!

After the gun jammed, came everything else. No way Jodi would have brought a gun to a knife fight, and used the knife second. She wouldn't have taken that chance.

I really think the ME made a lot of sense and he thinks the gunshot came last. It really doesn't matter in the end since the Judge has ruled it is 'cruel' either way the sequence went.

There is no way to tell that the gun jammed. We do know that it ejected the casing properly and landed on already spilled blood. It was pristine and clean except where it rested in blood. None inside the casing and none on top or around the casing. All underneath where it laid in the blood pool.

Dr. Horn had never even seen the photo of the casing on top of the congealed blood pool nor had he seen the photo of her foot and showing Travis seriously bleeding from the neck before he testified in court. Those photos though line up with his opinion that the stab wounds came first including the slit throat. We know he made it to the end of the hallway and that is where she slit his throat.

I just think when she was dragging him back to his makeshift tomb she heard him taking his last breaths and shot him in the head to make sure he was dead. In fact I agree with the ME and Travis was mostly already dead when shot in the forehead.

But its neither here or there anyway.

IMO

Yes, she wanted to make sure the nice detective found it so it would appear she was a nice girl, loved Travis and had made her car payments.

:D

MOO

I'm surprised she didn't leave a note with it -- "Dear Travis, please be careful and don't be murdered by Ninjas lurking in your bathroom tonight."

Radar was so emotionless when he told about what he did. Truly a soulless person. JA is the same.

OMG the weird sweaty speech where he thanked the detectives for all their hard work .. seriously, that was just *awkward* :facepalm:

Yes! But does anyone have a date? Was this written in the spring of 2008? I read that question was asked earlier. Maybe I missed it.

I am not sure of the exact date, however, it does seem to be before the murder.

Obviously an entry she forgot to remove.

MOO

Yes, she wanted to make sure the nice detective found it so it would appear she was a nice girl, loved Travis and had made her car payments.

:D

MOO
The check thing still gets to me. The check found after she killed Travis, was her very first car payment to him. She never paid him a dime for destroying his car. :furious:

OMG the weird sweaty speech where he thanked the detectives for all their hard work .. seriously, that was just *awkward* :facepalm:

He was so obviously convinced he was "one of them," and had been engaged in activities similar to theirs. :eek:

I think people were calling, but remember, Jodi had the pin to pick up his messages and even delete them. In her cover-up-call she says she know (somebody or other) is (looking for him? or calling him? or something like that). Geez, now I'm going to have to find that message tape played in court again. :facepalm:

And the BIG CLUE here is that Jodi was not in touch with him for 5 days!
had she not been the one who killed him... she would have called EVERYONE HE KNEW TO CHECK ON HIM!!

kinda obvious she did the deed!

I felt really bad for JA's father and brother. Her brother shouldn't have been there at all. What the he// were his parents thinking?

I sincerely hope he has a good support system and is in counseling. Poor kid!

This is where the innocent pay. JA could've avoided hurting her own kin, as well as TA kin. She could have, actually most do think about Jeffrey Dolhmer, Ted Bundy, even Manson knew when their number was up.

She is the one that changed the life's of others who are innocent, just because she is still alive and still breathing. Put her to death as her sentence, and others out of their misery. Seriously, she will never be able to give her siblings a normal life again, her parents, TA death wasn't enough - she went right to the meat of his living family members.

If ever there is a DP sentence - this should be it.

My daughter is required to say Gosh in place of God - when she isn't actually talking about Him

Example. 'Oh my Gosh' 'good Gosh almighty' 'Dear Gosh'. You laugh, but my 15 year old daughter ain't allowed to be blasphemous within my earshot.

I'm in ca and don't say it. I'm in Lodi area where jodie stopped at McDonald's 4 fries n water
Lol about within your ear shot blasphemous. I know I'm the same way about using gods name in vain or slang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14