weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem to bother her family at all. I would be embarrassed beyond tears and would have to miss that day in court.

But that is when her father and brother showed up for the first time. Odd....very odd, imo.

Oh, I agree that it does not phase them at all...you or I would just be humiliated beyond belief !

Regarding the Theft of the Laptop from the Psychologist: What shocks me is she didn't make a backup of something so important. Any Clinical Psychologist getting ready to testify in Court would know to back up their work. That was just plain incompetence on her part. I mean you can have anything you do automatically backup up online now with zero effort with a cloud service. What an oops moment for her.

I doubt it had anything to do with the Trial though. Just a simple Burglary. :what:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...t-witness-in-arias-trial-has-home-burglarized

The info had already been provided to JM well before the theft and I'm comfortable assuming that she had this backed up if in fact it was ever on her laptop.

A lot of assumptions are made here without doing a bit of research and then misinformation gets passed on. Likewise, rumors are repeated without being stated as rumors and then the "myths" have to be debunked.

Jodi told Travis the guy a U-haul told her he check everything for a go on towing his BMW, so it was the guy's fault the car was trashed. The result was she got to stay for a few more days in his house. Whatever happened then caused him to flip her off as she was leaving (according to Jodi). Juan seemed interested in a picture of herself she supposedly took in that U-haul as well.

Stalkers often destroy their victim's personal property. That car was special to Travis, yet he let her use it whenever she needed it. In addition the payments were very reasonable at $100 a month. I do not know what he might have sold it for: but if he was desperate for money, he apparently was more desperate to get rid of Jodi.

Anyway, so BMW is toast and Travis thinks he can deal with U-haul for what? To get the money to fix it? Dunno, but in the 5/25 text he says Jodi has scammed him. Did she get the money from U-haul for the damages herself? Just thinking too much.

Travis still had the title so she couldn't have gotten any money uhaul may have given.

Interesting remarks on Blog Talk Radio tonight by both Holly Hughes and Katiecool regarding the sick juror that was dismissed. Both questioning the reason for his leaving.

I'd love to see more of those journal entries released, especially June 1.

Have to go dig out my notes to see exactly what ALV said about that entry. I do remember KW directing ALV to different pages in the entry and it was very long. At least 8 pages, I'm guessing.

5/26 entry- complains about TA being rude. compares TA to father.

5/27 entry- plans to see Ryan NB this is the day after the explosive text from TA and the first we've heard of her plan to go to UT...coincidence or what?

5/30 entry- going following week for a couple of days with Ryan

6/1 entry- talks about her visiting with Darryl, Matt and Ryan on her upcoming trip. TA not thrilled. TA is guiliting her about trip, but JA stands her ground. Moving away in relationship. TA sounds bothered.

I so want to read the June 1st fabrication. She talks about how Travis was "guilting her" but she stands her ground, and this was said for the purpose of stressing her intention of not going to Arizona to see Travis on the day she planned to kill him. Keeping in line with her alibi.

That is the ONE thing I do believe she wrote at the time it was dated. She makes the analogy of a light switch, however, it is clear she is intending to cut off Travis' life source.

:eek:

MOO

Yes! But does anyone have a date? Was this written in the spring of 2008? I read that question was asked earlier. Maybe I missed it.

Yes, Bernardo should def got DP.

But, remember David Milgaard? He was in jail forever, until DNA finally proved he was not the killer.

I'm on the :fence: with the DP.

Totally agree with you oceanblueeyes. LWOP will allow JA to form a new life within the prison population where she will flourish. She needs to be locked up in solitary with only herself for company and very little else until all her appeals have been exhausted and then put to death. That is the only thing that would be actual punishment for her.

I'm from Canada where Paul Bernardo was sentenced to the maximum life sentence but was also deemed a dangerous offender and therefore is unable to apply for parole after 25yrs and is confined to a solitary unit and only let out for an hour a day. The last report on him indicated that he has pretty much gone mad. In cases such as this, we should really be considering the death penalty here in Canada. It makes no sense to be paying for him to stay in prison for the rest of his life while he pretty much just rots away.

MOO

Yep. But ALV is "old fashioned." She wouldn't even talk about sex with JA!! What would she know about the modern Gen Y sex norms? Nothin'!

I couldn't help but notice the other day that ALV although "old fashioned" didn't have the slightest problem saying "*advertiser censored*".

I have mixed feelings about her mom. Her actions in court and the giggling when she and her sister seen one of travis sisters leave the courtroom crying.am I insensitive?

Well...if you are insensitive then so am I because I just find it all too strange .

This check is dated the day before Travis send her the texts and instant messages expressing his anger for whatever she did. It's possible that she learned from Travis that he intended to deposit that check while she was on her trip, so she needed to try to cover it so he wouldn't be pissed about it bouncing before she got to his house. He also could go directly to her bank to cash it or call her bank to see if funds are available. Even if she brought a backdated check with her, he could have said he'd call for funds available to make sure she wasn't scamming him. That also might be why she needed to put those deposits in.

I wonder if the fact that she was obviously two months behind on the car payments was another of the things that they argued about on May 26th. Whether it was by phone, IM or text, I guess we'll never know since we are not privy to those conversations. But if JA knew that Travis may have said something to someone about her being behind, she may have told him that she had mailed the check. So it had to get there somehow.

MOO

Are we sure the camping trip wasn't just another lie? I had the idea she was trying to leave the country--Mexico, maybe? She knew they were closing in on her.
I don't think the gun and knives were for any camping trip. I think she was on her way back to murder Mimi. She made a point to introduce herself to Mimi for the first time at the Memorial service...:what::what::what:

We know Jodi liked to go camping, but how about deer hunting? Her skills with a knife would be well honed.

EW! She would have known a little thing or two about slitting a throat!

I grew up with hunters... could.not.ever.do it.
Hookin a worm was my max...
I didn't even make it to catching a fish!
Pretty sure I would starve to death
if it came down to it.

I just don't get Jodi.
Does anyone think if she HAD made it to Cancun
Travis would have been "killed" there?

wow. And I thought our family Thanksgivings were too much drama. That must have been unreal. :what:

We have a very large family...five children all married to loving spouses, 14 grandchildren, and brothers, sisters and their spouses plus my precious mother in law and they all come to our home each Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

Not once have we ever even had a disagreement with each other and this has been a family tradition at our home for 30 years. It truly is such a fun wonderful time and everyone gets along so well with each other.

Reading some of these tragic situations among families :( makes me know I am truly blessed and lucky to have the family I do.

imo

Oh, I agree that it does not phase them at all...you or I would just be humiliated beyond belief !

I felt really bad for JA's father and brother. Her brother shouldn't have been there at all. What the he// were his parents thinking?

I sincerely hope he has a good support system and is in counseling. Poor kid!

I felt really bad for JA's father and brother. Her brother shouldn't have been there at all. What the he// were his parents thinking?

I'll bet it was at the insistence of Nurmi and Wilmot.

Not an easy answer for that----it's more complicated and each state is different with the general trend being more and more Psychologists are writing prescriptions, so....

Quick copy/paste from Ask.com/Psychology:
Psychologists are able to prescribe medications in the military and the Indian Health Service as well as in Louisiana and New Mexico. Professional psychologists gained prescribing privileges in New Mexico in 2002 and in Louisiana in 2004. In such cases, psychologists are required to receive proper training and are permitted to prescribe certain medicines used in the treatment of mental disorders

Though that did just give me a horrifying image. Can you imagine ALV armed with a prescription pad? She'd have every man in America pumped full of estrogen supplements!

EW! She would have known a little thing or two about slitting a throat!

I grew up with hunters... could.not.ever.do it.
Hookin a worm was my max...
I didn't even make it to catching a fish!
Pretty sure I would starve to death
if it came down to it.

I just don't get Jodi.
Does anyone think if she HAD made it to Cancun
Travis would have been "killed" there?

I go deer hunting and fishing. Never bothered me baiting my hook (crickets or worms) or taking the fish off the line but anything to do with a knife I just couldn't do it. My hubby field dresses our deer before they are taken in to the deer processing place.

IMO

This is no biggie, but something I want to ask because it's been bugging me.

How many people really say "gosh" nowadays? I've never said it. Is it a California thing?

JA said it in the interrogation room..."gosh, jodi, you could have at least put on make up."

ALV said it to the juror's question about looking at JA while answering questions.."gosh, I didn't even know I did that."

I also picked up on words that both of them used while testifying that I would not normally expect to hear. Can't think of them off the top of my head, but it did strike me when I heard ALV using JA's words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14