weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she knew it was there. Perhaps she did intend to take it with her when she left and forgot. She knew that the check was on the desk and that LE would find it there and wonder how it got there. So she offered up the reason why they might find a check from her in his home before they asked didn't she? I suppose she told them that she had mailed one to him recently? Always thinking one step ahead that JA...how smart. It's like she's Einstein or something. :rolleyes:

IMO, the check (car payment) and the vacation CD's were her way to get him to agree to her 'visit'. She needed a way in the door.

What I cannot understand - not a single roommate did a single load of laundry in the entire 5 day period if time - from his murder to when friends discovered him? The sheets and camera were still in the washer?

We weren't there, it was a Thanksgiving dinner that was in another state. Her husband was always beating on her physically and verbally. He had pinned her down by her throat on a table while all the rest of the family was there and she reached in back of her head, hand found a knife and she stabbed him and just kept stabbing. I don't think she even realized how many times she had stabbed him. She also had prior police reports so that was good for her too.

wow. And I thought our family Thanksgivings were too much drama. That must have been unreal. :what:

Sure [Juan-speak], so what were all the in-chambers confabs about? What could Judge Stephens possibly do about ALV's perceptions re what was occuring outside the courtroom?

Yeah a lot of slack lots of complaints.

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

Yikes !!! That is some scary stuff there !

Still waiting for the release of Falsity's journal pages from June 1, 2008. I know you told us the entry was long, gCharlie but what were your impressions & is it possible to summarize what she wrote? It is thisclose to her odyssey, so it ought to reveal some attitude, some plan, her thoughts.

It has been noted here that Falsity copied films, books, sayings and accounts from others and was not original. So true. She even began to testify that Travis's gun was a present from his grandfather. Like the real .25 auto was a gift from yours, Falsity?

I'd love to see more of those journal entries released, especially June 1.

Have to go dig out my notes to see exactly what ALV said about that entry. I do remember KW directing ALV to different pages in the entry and it was very long. At least 8 pages, I'm guessing.

5/26 entry- complains about TA being rude. compares TA to father.

5/27 entry- plans to see Ryan NB this is the day after the explosive text from TA and the first we've heard of her plan to go to UT...coincidence or what?

5/30 entry- going following week for a couple of days with Ryan

6/1 entry- talks about her visiting with Darryl, Matt and Ryan on her upcoming trip. TA not thrilled. TA is guiliting her about trip, but JA stands her ground. Moving away in relationship. TA sounds bothered.

This check is dated the day before Travis send her the texts and instant messages expressing his anger for whatever she did. It's possible that she learned from Travis that he intended to deposit that check while she was on her trip, so she needed to try to cover it so he wouldn't be pissed about it bouncing before she got to his house. He also could go directly to her bank to cash it or call her bank to see if funds are available. Even if she brought a backdated check with her, he could have said he'd call for funds available to make sure she wasn't scamming him. That also might be why she needed to put those deposits in.

The check was never sent out on the 25th. If it had been it would have reached Travis by the 29th at the latest. Highly doubtful he would leave it lying around for five days, especially considering that he was short on money in 2008.

It was brought there on June 4th as part of her coverup IMO. To make her look more "innocent". Hence her odd comment to Flores and the subject of the June 6th text message to dead Travis which discussed this very check.

She sends him a check for 200 dollars just little over a week before his murder, so she can't possibly be guilty, is what she was hoping Flores would believe. It also covered up a possible motive, her scamming him as mentioned by Travis on May 26th.

Something tells me ALV has no idea re costumes many young women are wearing these days for romantic encounters/costume parties, etc.:

Amazon sexy school girl costumes: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=school%20girl%20costume%20sexy&sprefix=school+girl+costume%2Caps%2C290

There are many similar characters, including Sexy Little Red Riding Hood.

Yep. But ALV is "old fashioned." She wouldn't even talk about sex with JA!! What would she know about the modern Gen Y sex norms? Nothin'!

ITA. either he wasn't dying quickly enough or he was making too many noises. The throat was intended to have a quick result.
We know Jodi liked to go camping, but how about deer hunting? Her skills with a knife would be well honed.

Yikes !!! That is some scary stuff there !

Not half as scary as being the supervisor who went with him. Can you imagine knowing, now, that you shook hands with, slapped on the back and laughed with BTK!!!

I have wondered that myself...how awful it would be as a parent to sit and listen to all of this stuff come out about what your child had done...and to listen to those sex tapes....

It doesn't seem to bother her family at all. I would be embarrassed beyond tears and would have to miss that day in court.

But that is when her father and brother showed up for the first time. Odd....very odd, imo.

I agree there may be some merit in what you have suggested. She could have remained after killing Travis. There is no evidence that she did or not leave immediately afterwards. It makes sense to think that she stayed as she knew the routine of the roommates and certainly knew that they wouldn't come snooping around looking for him. They both were reported to stay with their girlfriends of elsewhere away from home very frequently.

The evidence that she lingered was that the bedsheets were in the dryer. Though it's possible Travis stripped the bed before the shower, I don't believe it. So she at least stayed long enough to put that stuff through the wash, put it in the dryer and start another wash. I think she was there at least an hour or house and a half afterward.

Giving LWOP to a psychopath is not the punishment she deserves. Psychopaths often adapt well in prison and gathers groupies to cater to them. They will continue to manipulate to make their live much better than others around them. She will continue to use sex as a tool in order to control. Look how well she has adapted in jail.

I want her to get death because she deserves death. I want her locked down for 23 hours a day and only allowed out for one hour and guarded when she is out.

That is what she deserves and I hope she gets it.

IMO

Totally agree with you oceanblueeyes. LWOP will allow JA to form a new life within the prison population where she will flourish. She needs to be locked up in solitary with only herself for company and very little else until all her appeals have been exhausted and then put to death. That is the only thing that would be actual punishment for her.

I'm from Canada where Paul Bernardo was sentenced to the maximum life sentence but was also deemed a dangerous offender and therefore is unable to apply for parole after 25yrs and is confined to a solitary unit and only let out for an hour a day. The last report on him indicated that he has pretty much gone mad. In cases such as this, we should really be considering the death penalty here in Canada. It makes no sense to be paying for him to stay in prison for the rest of his life while he pretty much just rots away.

MOO

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

Wowsers! This is an interesting interview on the case from the author of Unholy Messenger ... http://podbay.fm/show/393525078/e/1268265600?autostart=1

Some new details came out after the book was published that nobody knew about Dennis, interesting take this author has, perhaps a little too kind towards DR .. but interesting.

Just wondering--Even if she had a PhD, she can't prescribe meds, can she? I thought I remembered that has to be done by an M.D. (psychiatrist).

Not an easy answer for that----it's more complicated and each state is different with the general trend being more and more Psychologists are writing prescriptions, so....

Quick copy/paste from Ask.com/Psychology:
Psychologists are able to prescribe medications in the military and the Indian Health Service as well as in Louisiana and New Mexico. Professional psychologists gained prescribing privileges in New Mexico in 2002 and in Louisiana in 2004. In such cases, psychologists are required to receive proper training and are permitted to prescribe certain medicines used in the treatment of mental disorders

And that was not enough either, so she dragged him back to shower and tried the gun again.

ITA. either he wasn't dying quickly enough or he was making too many noises. The throat was intended to have a quick result.

So do you think that she stole/borrowed plates off of another white Ford Focus or does someone in her family own one? It would be the way to draw the least amount of suspicion. Where I live if the officer pulls up behind your White Ford Focus, punches in the licence plate and it come up belonging to a Red Mercedes you might get pulled over if you look suspicious. However, we are allowed to drive with our old plates on our new car for 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025