Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adequate preparation--didn't interview anyone but Jodi

Lack of qualification---not much experience in criminal trials

Bias---speaks for itself

Inconsistency---What she wrote and what she said at trial are different in some of her testimony.

This expert did nothing right imo.

She said she 'assessed' Travis yet she does not have the credentials to assess anyone much less Travis who she has never spoken to nor even tried to speak with his friends. She could have contacted his family but if they told her 'no' then she couldn't have made them speak with her but she didn't even try.

All she did was murder Travis all over again based on no evidence.

IMO

No wonder they hauled her in when they did ....

Wow, why didn't she tear this out during her editing spree? That's the motive right there, she killed him so she could move on.

My thoughts exactly when I first heard this...still think that...

Exactly. I cannot believe that if she had mailed the check to Travis with the intention of him using it that it would have been so prominent on his desk that LE would find it so easily. She left it there on June 4, to try to make it appear as if she had sent it on May 25, the day before the blow up.

MOO

Is May 25th the date she wrote on it?

I just cant feel sorry for serial killers.

A lot of serial killers have been grossly abused but I don't think that makes them sympathetic when they murder people in mass numbers.

IMO

She was just committing robbery and silencing the witnesses IMO. And her GF was complicit and screwing with her head, and should have been charged as an accessory.

Adequate preparation--didn't interview anyone but Jodi

Lack of qualification---not much experience in criminal trials

Bias---speaks for itself

Inconsistency---What she wrote and what she said at trial are different in some of her testimony.

Thank you. I was hoping that was what you were talking about.

Thank you for this well thought out post.

I don't know if this has been discussed.

This is an entry from Jodi's journal, written before she murdered Travis Alexander. It was read on Nancy Grace last week.

"I Love him, I could not possibly love him not, though I wish I could stop. Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so it can't turn back on. Or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source, dead in a second. Lifeless. A meaningless network of wires that do and mean nothing."

"Cut off its life source, dead in a second." Yea, 62 seconds.
How scary :what:

Giving LWOP to a psychopath is not the punishment she deserves. Psychopaths often adapt well in prison and gathers groupies to cater to them. They will continue to manipulate to make their live much better than others around them. She will continue to use sex as a tool in order to control. Look how well she has adapted in jail.

I want her to get death because she deserves death. I want her locked down for 23 hours a day and only allowed out for one hour and guarded when she is out.

That is what she deserves and I hope she gets it.

IMO

My heart normally sides against the DP because of the history of innocent people being put to Death,, but this and a few other cases I fully understand and agree with the penalty of Death. I think it's like being pregnant either you are, or you are not. I am pro DP especially now with DNA, and social media, forensics etc. It's not the 60's and 70's anymore.

The check was a sham..........she knew Travis was never going to be able to cash that check when she wrote it. He may have never even seen the check before he was murdered. She may have written the check after she killed him so it would make her look better like she was paying him like she had promised.

I don't think she wanted it out after he was murdered to the PPL people and to the Mormon church members that she hadn't even paid Travis anything for the BMW. Remember she was also shopping for a Mormon husband.
Jodi told Travis the guy a U-haul told her he check everything for a go on towing his BMW, so it was the guy's fault the car was trashed. The result was she got to stay for a few more days in his house. Whatever happened then caused him to flip her off as she was leaving (according to Jodi). Juan seemed interested in a picture of herself she supposedly took in that U-haul as well.

Stalkers often destroy their victim's personal property. That car was special to Travis, yet he let her use it whenever she needed it. In addition the payments were very reasonable at $100 a month. I do not know what he might have sold it for: but if he was desperate for money, he apparently was more desperate to get rid of Jodi.

Anyway, so BMW is toast and Travis thinks he can deal with U-haul for what? To get the money to fix it? Dunno, but in the 5/25 text he says Jodi has scammed him. Did she get the money from U-haul for the damages herself? Just thinking too much.

BBM.

Can I just say, had I been there I would have helped you.

As I watched some of her testimony, (back then as well as tonight on Youtube) I couldn't help but see how traumatized she was. I watch her chest rise and fall, many really good liars haven't perfected the art of controlling their breathing because they are so caught up in controlling their hand gestures and facial movements.

But with Aileen, she begins to tense and breath fast as soon as she starts even thinking about it.

I suppose some of finding empathy with a witness or criminal is seeing yourself in their shoes. Probably why I too feel sorry for Aileen. But having said all this, it's the way JA just thumbs her nose at everyone involved and shows no remorse that I know she's one sick person.

ALSO, I did notice that when watching some testimony of Travis' ex-girlfriend, the only time JA cried a legitimate cry was when it seemed that the testimony was about HER.

I don't know if I can even watch her anymore she's too sickening.

I have watched her testimony but haven't seen her cry 'legitimately' yet. She is fake and in control. The only time that I think she looses control is when her eyes become smokey (she closes them abit). She knows when she is on camera and which camera is on her and she waits till JW is speaking to do some of the dumb $hit she's done to rile us up (pill popping, notebook smuggling). The drug was prescribed and the notebook was hers yet she puts on a bit of a "i'm sneaking something" show for the camera.

JA's talk and mannerisms remind me more of Dennis Rader the BTK guy than Bundy.

I agree - she has seemed emotionless, cold, not genuine, matter of fact, with absolutely no remorse.

ITA. either he wasn't dying quickly enough or he was making too many noises. The throat was intended to have a quick result.

The massive pool of blood in the entryway to the bedroom from the bath says it all. He had managed to get that far, likely on his knees or dragging himself by the hands while she delivered the blows to his back. At that point she decided his progress needed to end immediately and cut his throat.
Sorry to be so graphic.

Yeah, and she sounded so desperate as she went about trying to seduce him by saying things she knew would appeal to a male ego. It was so obvious and so contrived. Her mother must be dying of shame.

I have wondered that myself...how awful it would be as a parent to sit and listen to all of this stuff come out about what your child had done...and to listen to those sex tapes....

JA's talk and mannerisms remind me more of Dennis Rader the BTK guy than Bundy.

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

I think the real stressor was the blowback online and on Amazon. I bet she got calls from people putting on the conferences where she was scheduled to speak too.

Sure [Juan-speak], so what were all the in-chambers confabs about? What could Judge Stephens possibly do about ALV's perceptions re what was occuring outside the courtroom?

Yeah, and she sounded so desperate as she went about trying to seduce him by saying things she knew would appeal to a male ego. It was so obvious and so contrived. Her mother must be dying of shame.

I have mixed feelings about her mom. Her actions in court and the giggling when she and her sister seen one of travis sisters leave the courtroom crying.am I insensitive?

But I think it is just landlines that they gather info from. Who uses them anymore? lol
Um, I do. :facepalm:

Me, too. I've had the same number for 36 years. Imagine trying to notify everyone that its been changed. So now I use Call Forwarding to have all the calls automatically sent to my cell. :floorlaugh:
Me three!!! For us, the landline is far cheaper than using our cells, so I try to have people NOT call me on my cell, try me at home first, and I only call on my cell if I'm out of the house. Hubby works for AT&T, so we get our landline virtually free as an employee benefit, but the cells cost us a fortune!!!

I do. It was too easily found on Travis' desk after the murder, as if it had been deliberately left there to be found. It also could have been her "excuse" for dropping by.

MOO

Yes, I agree...the check was an excuse to come by. I don't think she meant to leave the check, but with every thing she had to do, she forgot to take it with her. Wasn't one of the roommates there when she left? Maybe that rushed her up a bit.

Costco purchases require a membership. So I wonder which of the people on her route were Costco members. I'm guessing DB. I believe it was him who was supposed to be the one who thinks it's a good idea when travelling long distances to be prepared with gas and water? He's already admitted that he knew she was going to Mesa hasn't he? I think he got inadvertantly dragged into some of this. Which is why he had such a hard time testifying on the stand. I think he's still in denial that she premeditated this and used him as part of her plan. I think he's chosen not to involve himself any further by not giving up some important information. Like whether she brought him a DVD player with remote that day.

MOO

maybe Jodi took the water from TA's place as she was leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member