weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been under the impression it was JA who had left the car in gear, thereby ruining the transmission. I have never heard of any employee of U-Haul having any liability in this matter.

MOO

Me too and that is why I got lost when someone implied that the U-Haul dealer was liable.

imo

Would she have closer to Canada? She would have a passport I am sure. If she wanted to go to Cancun she would have needed one so that wouldn't have been an issue.

Makes sense she was leaving the country, and although Mexico fits in with her strange trip taking, Canada might be easier.

IMHO

K
She was closer to Canada.
She would have had to have had a passport for Canada in 2008.
Mexico does make more sense, knowing her past , but who knows!
LE didn't give her the chance! :floorlaugh:

Would she have closer to Canada? She would have a passport I am sure. If she wanted to go to Cancun she would have needed one so that wouldn't have been an issue.

Makes sense she was leaving the country, and although Mexico fits in with her strange trip taking, Canada might be easier.

IMHO

K

Her ( dads ) Police interview, he said , she said she was going away, but told him that she couldn't tell him where. Dumb girl quit her job! Where was she going with no job and limited funds and a rented car with a 9 mm car strapped to the engine lol. What a whacko.

Yeah. People are saying she brought the check as a way to get in the house. IF she was concerned about her account, as you indicate, then it would make sense that Travis already had the check. If he didn't already have the check, I don't see why she wouldnt have gotten into the house by presenting him with $200 cash. She obviously had two hundred in cash during the trip. Why go through the trouble of pre-dating a check and bringing it to him? She could have given him traceless cash and taken it back once he was dead.

But, if he already had the check and since she was on a trip, borrowing money, depositing it in her account, how would she know that he didn't try to deposit it and use up all the money she needed to take the trip?

Why go to get the check back? She had enough to cover it for at least the 3rd of June. Why would she take that chance?

IMHO

K

But, if he already had the check and since she was on a trip, borrowing money, depositing it in her account, how would she know that he didn't try to deposit it and use up all the money she needed to take the trip?

Why go to get the check back? She had enough to cover it for at least the 3rd of June. Why would she take that chance?

IMHO

K

She sure seemed like if it was cashed it would bounce when she was talking with Flores.

I think the check was nothing more than a sham.

IMO

I think I know what JA Does in her Notebook every day.

Plays HANGMAN

:floorlaugh:

com.virtuesoft.android.hangman_featured_small.png
Day after Day

Whatever happened to the car JA was buying from Travis? Did the family get it?

She sure seemed like if it was cashed it would bounce when she was talking with Flores.

I think the check was nothing more than a sham.

IMO

Me too. But using it as a ruse to get in the door. Maybe.

The check thing is an oddity. But I can see being a ruse at this time.

K

It was almost as if she was of the mindset that he owed her the car so she felt no responsibility in making it inoperable, and not having a working car in her possession, didn't feel she should pay him. Yet, even after that, he just brushed it off and there is no record of him threatening her over it. Just shows what kind of person Travis really was.

:(

MOO

yeah, no. He got that car from ppl -- guaranteed. The payments were made by ppl so anything he got from Jodi was gravy on top of the lease/purchase amount. I'm guessing lease. So ppl continued to pay him for his totaled car and Jodi's payments were to be used for what ???

http://sites.legalshield.com/pdf/23323.pdf

I watched one night last week...

"Did Jodi premeditate the murder?"

guess what?

12-0

all 12 voted guilty I was SHOCKED!!!

I'm Not. I think most people believe she is guilty and I hope the jury gets it right- not like the Pinellas 12 in Florida.

PS About Darryl.

IMO, he is hiding something. When Juan finally got him to admit she said she was going to Mesa, he practically whispered 'yes'.

I think Darryl has withheld and lied about a lot. Clearly he was not answering on the stand the way he did in his interview. I don't know if it is fear, or residual love, or what.

I don't know why Juan did not press him more, maybe he will in the rebuttal. Because if Juan could elicit testimony that Jodi brought a DVD player and remote to him, that would be strong evidence of premeditation.

I believe DB did get grandpa's DVD player & remote. JM should bring it up at rebuttal but.....
Whatever DB's involvment, there was no valid reason for ALV to intentionally state his son's full name when testifying on Friday. She said the boy's full name twice with purpose, knowing full well that the boy's full name would be aired live nationwide..
Just like JA stating the name of that married woman..
It was intentional, willful and with evil purpose.

Now this minor boy has to live with harassment and/or ridicule in school, at his little league games, riding his bike on the street, everywhere... for the rest of his life....
Think of the trauma this boy is going to endure because of ALV's spiteful actions and behaviors. UN-forgivable!

IMO
ALV is a lousy... rotten... spiteful hypocrite.... who has the audacity to charge the State of AZ $300.00 per hour for BS.
The equivilent of an F-5 tornado....
The wreckage this woman has left behind on true abuse victims, innocent children, the State of Arizona and our justice system will take years.... far more than her 35 years experience, to to clean up & repair.
She's a downrite selfish liar... who shows NO remorse what-so-ever...
just like that evil thing she testified on behalf of.
IMO
It's her own stupid fault if this turns out to be her last paid gig.
The jury ain't buyin' it.

It was almost as if she was of the mindset that he owed her the car so she felt no responsibility in making it inoperable, and not having a working car in her possession, didn't feel she should pay him. Yet, even after that, he just brushed it off and there is no record of him threatening her over it. Just shows what kind of person Travis really was.

:(

MOO

Then...the defense wants us to believe he flipped out about a two foot drop of the camera onto a rug..went into a huge rage, threatening to kill JA. Right (said it my best Juan's voice). He didn't kill her over a BMW, he certainly wouldn't try to over a damn camera.

Poor Travis! :cry: I hope Juan continues to show NO mercy on the defense and JA. He needs to take nothing for granted..hammer it home!! I can't wait for rebuttal.

Justice for Travis. :please:

I'm Not. I think most people believe she is guilty and I hope the jury gets it right- not like the Pinellas 12 in Florida.

My bad... I thought the vote was rigged on HLN.
Apparently not- at least that night.

I understand.

But I did not hear him say that he couldn't say with 100% certainty. He was adamant that the stabs had to come first because the bullet to the brain would have incapacitated him and the slashed throat would have too and he would not be able to have multiple deep defensive wounds on his wrists and hands. He said the only severe wound that would have let him be ambulatory would be the piercing of the vena cava when she stabbed him in the chest.

So Im still sticking to the gunshot coming last because IMO it lines up with the evidence.:)

IMO

IIRC, he told Det. Flores the opposite in 2009. Which is why Flores took it on the chin during this trial and in his part of the testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025