weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Especially if you needed the cash.

Was that her manipulation?

Just a thought... maybe the floor cleaner etc was out because Jodi was going to "work off" what she owed Travis?

She even said she was going to crash there while he was in Cancun.

She just could not stay away, and needed every and any excuse to see him.

One thing I'll say about the check issue, if you've ever in your life had anyone that owed you money, then you totally understand how eager one is to collect payments when they are offered, even if is at 4 in the morning and unannounced.

Wow, you are good. No snarkiness intended, so please don't take it that way.

I'm haven't looked at the peni pix...it's my way of respecting Travis's privacy.

Can't look at the pix of his corpse either, but that is for an entirely different reason. I close my eyes in movies, so there is no way I want to have something like this etched into my memory.

I dont deserve credit for that. Some other person put those pictures together, and I saw them somewhere. They were 100% correct, and I was floored looking at them.

One thing I'll say about the check issue, if you've ever in your life had anyone that owed you money, then you totally understand how eager one is to collect payments when they are offered, even if is at 4 in the morning and unannounced.

Right. Especially the large sum of (approximately) $200 IIRC.

From ALV's c.v. = she only has her Master's degree. She is not a Psychologist, Psychiatrist, M.D. or anything else like that.

What is insinuated by the link where she was a "psychologist's assistant" is that the Psychologist she worked under has had his license revoked. That could be for a variety of reasons.

According to her c.v, she’s a Licensed Marriage, Family, Child Counselor A/K/A a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT.) LMFTs are licensed by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) in Sacramento and licensure can be confirmed via their public website. When I search the BBS site, I could not find verification of any current LMFT license. All I could find was that outdated canceled Psychological Assistant license.

The agenda for tomorrow:

1. Motion for mistrial= denied.

I'm still curious as to why JSS asked the jurors to have their cell phones nearby...

Jodi told Travis the guy a U-haul told her he check everything for a go on towing his BMW, so it was the guy's fault the car was trashed. The result was she got to stay for a few more days in his house. Whatever happened then caused him to flip her off as she was leaving (according to Jodi). Juan seemed interested in a picture of herself she supposedly took in that U-haul as well.

Stalkers often destroy their victim's personal property. That car was special to Travis, yet he let her use it whenever she needed it. In addition the payments were very reasonable at $100 a month. I do not know what he might have sold it for: but if he was desperate for money, he apparently was more desperate to get rid of Jodi.

Anyway, so BMW is toast and Travis thinks he can deal with U-haul for what? To get the money to fix it? Dunno, but in the 5/25 text he says Jodi has scammed him. Did she get the money from U-haul for the damages herself? Just thinking too much.

I can't remember any part of this, lol. But unless the guy from U-Haul actually set the car up for her, U-Haul has no liability. They usually accept no risk in the contract you sign, you agree to hold them harmless for any damage done to your property.

Any damage to the BMW would have been submitted to Travis's auto carrier and they'd decide if they waive the collision deductible. And if they decided the damage was a result of some action or inaction on the part of U-Haul, they subrogate against them.

Worst case would be Jodi would once again owe Travis his deductible for repairing the damage.

I know you didn't really need that info or even really care but once I started typing it, I felt obligated to finish it up! :D

Hey Harvest, Bay Area here too!:seeya:
O/T
Crud! I can't post pic without blowing the margins!
My son's best friend just moved to San Fran...
A few days before they lit the bridge.
I wanna visit! his view is awesome!
Me jealous? I live in east bumble GA... YES I AM
285556_10151437160662200_351665913_n.jpg

Then...the defense wants us to believe he flipped out about a two foot drop of the camera onto a rug..went into a huge rage, threatening to kill JA. Right (said it my best Juan's voice). He didn't kill her over a BMW, he certainly wouldn't try to over a damn camera.

Poor Travis! :cry: I hope Juan continues to show NO mercy on the defense and JA. He needs to take nothing for granted..hammer it home!! I can't wait for rebuttal.

Justice for Travis. :please:

This is what infuriates me also. Travis seemed to be such an easy-going guy, loved people, tried to help everyone and this is his reward...he is brutally murdered and murdered again in this courtroom by the defense.

Thankfully I have faith that justice WILL prevail.

MOO

We don't know whether she brought the check with her that day, or whether she mailed it and kept asking him not to deposit it..remember all those phone calls? We do know, for sure, it was never cashed and it was a huge priority to JA. She thinks she's Einstein, but she isn't the brightest bulb in the box..that's for sure. Kind of really dumb, to ask about the check to the detective. Really dumb, for calling the detective in the first place. Who does that? Oh yeah, JA...AKA...Einstein. :rolleyes:

But if you look at the other checks, you will notice the dates she wrote them and the dates he cashed them on within a day or two.

A mean it seemed usual for him to get the checks and then cash/deposit it them quickly.

K

Right. Especially the large sum of (approximately) $200 IIRC.

I really hadn't given it that much thought before, but what a great line to get in the door, "Don't be mad, I came to give you this payment."

I can't remember any part of this, lol. But unless the guy from U-Haul actually set the car up for her, U-Haul has no liability. They usually accept no risk in the contract you sign, you agree to hold them harmless for any damage done to your property.

Any damage to the BMW would have been submitted to Travis's auto carrier and they'd decide if they waive the collision deductible. And if they decided the damage was a result of some action or inaction on the part of U-Haul, they subrogate against them.

Worst case would be Jodi would once again owe Travis his deductible for repairing the damage.

I know you didn't really need that info or even really care but once I started typing it, I felt obligated to finish it up! :D

Or JA told TA they were going to. Just kept the lie going. But I highly doubt it. It was in TA's name I am sure the companies would only work with him so there would be no doubts on what was covered/not covered.

K

This would be assuming that Travis was expecting the check, that and his roommates regularly checked the mail and that Travis actually WANTED the money from her after what had happened between them. It assumes that he didn't forget to get the check and take it to the bank with him, too, and it assumes that he doesn't procrastinate and that he was in need of the money.

I have had my fiance send me checks, and they sit here in the house for days sometimes because the bank isn't on my normal route, or I'm waiting for my other freelance check to take them together to the bank. This is all also assuming that Jodi promptly mailed it.

In my opinion, IF she mailed it, she probably asked him about it on those June 2nd phone calls and perhaps learned he intended to cash it while she was traveling. Or not. It's possible she pre-dated and brought it; just it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

One way to know, I guess, is did he argue about her not paying him in the long text messages from the 26th or in any subsequent talks? If he did, that would be motive for pre-dating it--to prove to Travis that she'd intended to pay before he began "ranting."

The May 26th text does appear to reference it. .

The full text,

"You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me, and you betrayed me less than any example I can conjure. You are stick and you have scammed me".

What doesn't make sense (if she did send it out on May 25th) is her odd references to it after his murder. She was deliberately calling attention to that check in a text message that was intended to coverup her involvement.

I really hadn't given it that much thought before, but what a great line to get in the door, "Don't be mad, I came to give you this payment."

Oh yes, she didn't have the money in the bank to cover that check, so it does make sense that she intended to use it as a ruse to get in -- assuming she didn't sneak in, that is -- but even if caught, she could claim that was why she was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018