weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo what's sad is the significant and drastic set back that Alyce LaViolette, ALONE AND BY HERSELF HAS SINGLEHANDEDLY brought about over the course of these last 2 weeks as a result of her proven extremely bias opinion she's spewed, her pathetic and embarrassing way in which she told blatant and obvious lies on the witness stand, under oath, and her immature, childish, disrespectful behavior of which she openly displayed in court, on the witness stand, under oath, and during cross exam by the Prosecutor, Juan Martinez.

She's a disgrace to not only women, but she's a disgrace to the entire DV advocacy that so many people have worked their asses off(people=BOTH women&MEN) in making forward movement and awareness... IMO Miss LaViolette has managed to do much more harm in these last 2 weeks than any of the good she's done over the last 30 years!

IMO what the above post fails to mention is the fact that men are not only NOT always the abusers, but more importantly and significantly men CAN AND ARE THE ACTUAL VICTIMS of abuse at the hands of WOMEN SUCH AS JODI ARIAS!!

Imo this PROVEN FACT CANNOT BE STRESSED AND/OR REPEATED ENOUGH, IMO..AS ITS ALL TOO OFTEN THAT THIS RIDICULOUS, INACCURATE, BULL$HIT NOTION OF THOSE LIKE ALV WHO SPREAD LIES THAT WOMEN ARE THE WEAK, PITIFUL VICTIMS TO THE BIG BAD, MEAN OL' MEN IS FRIGGIN DOWNRIGHT ANGERING WHEN WE KNOW ITS BS!!!!

WE KNOW ITS BS DUE TO THE FACT WE'VE ATROCIOUS, VENOMOUS AND ABUSIVE WOMEN JUST LIKE JODI ARIAS THAT ARE FULLY CAPABLE AND VERY MUCH DO ABUSE THE $HIT OUT OF MEN..EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY, VERBALLY, AND YES!! EVEN PHYSICALLY ABUSE MEN AND SLAUGHTER MEN JUST LIKE JODI SLAUGHTERED TRAVIS!!!..

Wake up world!! Women are not born weaklings who inevitably fall prey to predatory males... Fact is so, too is it that MEN fall prey to PREDATORY WOMEN LIKE ARIAS!

While I agree with you 100%, what do you think Alyce will do when the trial is finished? She's going to go on HLN and any other TV show that will have her to try and redeem herself. She's going to say that she trusted the defense team and had a limited amount of data to work with. Then she'll say that if she had access to all the data, her opinion would have been different and she would have testified to that. Poor Alyce was a victim of the defense team - boo hoo. Of course it's a bunch of carp, but I believe we will be seeing this when the trial is over and some of the public will buy it (not me).

According to her c.v, she’s a Licensed Marriage, Family, Child Counselor A/K/A a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT.) LMFTs are licensed by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) in Sacramento and licensure can be confirmed via their public website. When I search the BBS site, I could not find verification of any current LMFT license. All I could find was that outdated canceled Psychological Assistant license.

That's because her c.v. calls it something different than LMFT.......I think ALV lists it as LMFC or LMCC or something to that effect (which I had never seen before but I'm on the East Coast).
She states she has her Master's and I haven't checked to see if her license is current in her state.
In my state, a Master's degree in counseling/therapy after passing testing and credentialing will get you LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LMHC or ABA.

Please let us know if you find anything more.

The agenda for tomorrow:

1. Motion for mistrial= denied.

I'm still curious as to why JSS asked the jurors to have their cell phones nearby...

In case Alyce pulls a fast one?

Could I ask for a link to the clever guy on youtube who uses different accents?

Thanks for any help.

If you mean Mikee Daniels, you can search his name on You Tube and here on the parody videos thread.

He was so obviously convinced he was "one of them," and had been engaged in activities similar to theirs. :eek:

I still remember how BTK was so gleeful describing in excruciating detail what he had done to his victims in court.

I'm in calif. going to school for psychology and I have to get a masters then a phd or psyd before I can be called a psychologist. Even if you get a phd you still have to take and pass a test with the state. I'm pretty sure at the masters level you cant legally call yourself a psychologist or psychotherapist . jMO

Twomanywords, does CA have a licensure designation of Psychotherapist? I know some things are different state to state such as practicum requirement hours, required courses, etc...so maybe?????
I hold three Masters-level licensures in TX and NM and am currently in a Doctorate program, and this is my understanding of licensure in those two states.

Simply put---All people in the mental health field that hold licensure are required to complete practicum hours and a state licensure exam. A Masters degree ( with an appropriate degree plan) entitles the recipient to APPLY for licensure, after which they must pass the exam--they become LPC,LPCC, LMHC, LMFT, and the like (depending upon the state). A PhD (largely academia based) or PsyD (largely clinically based) requires an exam as well but their designation is that of a Psychologist--which is deemed a "Dr", whether it be an academic or clinical one both of these Dr's practice at the highest level of the psychological discipline. A psychiatrist is actually a medical doctor, hence they are able to prescribe medication for psychological conditions/disorders--many see this designation as the highest level in the discipline of psychology but that is inaccurate bc they are medical doctors. It is important to add that New Mexico has a "extra tract" above and beyond their Doctorates which allows their PhD and PsyD holders to becoming "prescribing psychologists"--so they are allowed to prescribe psychotropic medications.

As for the word psychotherapist it is not a licensure designation, it is a general term that originated from the word psychotherapy which is, simply put, applied theory or techniques used by practicing counselors.

The agenda for tomorrow:

1. Motion for mistrial= denied.

I'm still curious as to why JSS asked the jurors to have their cell phones nearby...

On the off chance that the DT will withdraw the motion? Nah....

I guess she's hoping this motion will be done with sooner rather than later but I think she knows better. Just making sure she has all the bases covered likely. Looks like someone is pressuring her to step this up a bit.

MOO

Especially when he was planning on going on vacation in a few days. I honestly could see him opening the door to her if she used that ruse to get into his house. Then she proceeds to tell him whatever he wants to hear in order to stay there several hours, seduces him into the sex, and the rest is history.

MOO

"I came to bring you this check....but also for closure..."

Costco purchases require a membership. So I wonder which of the people on her route were Costco members. I'm guessing DB. I believe it was him who was supposed to be the one who thinks it's a good idea when travelling long distances to be prepared with gas and water? He's already admitted that he knew she was going to Mesa hasn't he? I think he got inadvertantly dragged into some of this. Which is why he had such a hard time testifying on the stand. I think he's still in denial that she premeditated this and used him as part of her plan. I think he's chosen not to involve himself any further by not giving up some important information. Like whether she brought him a DVD player with remote that day.

MOO

Since her folks had a restaurant, they were probably Costco members and possibly had a card for her. Wouldn't surprise me if she helped herself to her parent's restaurant supplies or stuff out of their garage/cupboards on a regular basis. I let my young adult kids take whatever they want/need out of my cupboards, but they never take advantage of it.

Giving LWOP to a psychopath is not the punishment she deserves. Psychopaths often adapt well in prison and gathers groupies to cater to them. They will continue to manipulate to make their live much better than others around them. She will continue to use sex as a tool in order to control. Look how well she has adapted in jail.

I want her to get death because she deserves death. I want her locked down for 23 hours a day and only allowed out for one hour and guarded when she is out.

That is what she deserves and I hope she gets it.

IMO

bbm . . . absolutely she deserves the DP and I agree she would adapt too well in prison if she is not put on death row - she's already won one singing contest, and I just know she would love to win more - lock her up in her own cell and throw away the key!!! :jail:

While I agree with you 100%, what do you think Alyce will do when the trial is finished? She's going to go on HLN and any other TV show that will have her to try and redeem herself. She's going to say that she trusted the defense team and had a limited amount of data to work with. Then she'll say that if she had access to all the data, her opinion would have been different and she would have testified to that. Poor Alyce was a victim of the defense team - boo hoo. Of course it's a bunch of carp, but I believe we will be seeing this when the trial is over and some of the public will buy it (not me).

You know, she may actually remain steadfast that she is right about this. I've come to think she is genuinely invested in her evaluation.

Imagine Mrs. BTK living in that 950 sf house with two children and that monster for 20+ years, and iirc claiming to have never suspected a thing. His own special closet that no one else could touch because his "papers" were stored there might have been a clue.

Imagine Mrs. BTK living in that 950 sf house with two children and that monster for 20+ years, and iirc claiming to have never suspected a thing. His own special closet that no one else could touch because his "papers" were stored there might have been a clue.

Oh, I know. Creeeeeepy. :eek:

Alyce feels that she cannot back down from her holy position. My sister is like that. Stubbornly defending the idea she's right no matter what the evidence says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89