weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the uhaul rental agreement was in her name, then I'm thinking the answer is yes, she did get whatever damages uhaul awarded.

But where was the money? She borrowed to get to Mesa and SLC. Her bank account was half empty.

Are you thinking she already had gotten the money spent it on something before thi trip?

Thanks!

K

IMO, the check (car payment) and the vacation CD's were her way to get him to agree to her 'visit'. She needed a way in the door.

What I cannot understand - not a single roommate did a single load of laundry in the entire 5 day period if time - from his murder to when friends discovered him? The sheets and camera were still in the washer?

It's really not hard to understand. Laundry isn't at the top of a bachelor's to-do list. Also Zach had done his the day before apparently.

So, what exactly is happening tomorrow? I am anxious to find out what ALV is in trouble for and that doesn't happen until Tuesday, right? (I haven't read all posts - Just askin').

I've been following along all weekend and I dont think we really know for sure. IMO

I believe the timeline of her arriving at 4am ish. The # of hours and # miles match up from Southern California - Mesa. moo

I'm not picking on you.
Are we really supposed to believe she stood there at the door of the office and Napoleon never even barked at her?
By her own words she "let herself in" and "watched Travis" before he or his dog knew she was there?
Something is hinky there!

I'd love to see more of those journal entries released, especially June 1.

Have to go dig out my notes to see exactly what ALV said about that entry. I do remember KW directing ALV to different pages in the entry and it was very long. At least 8 pages, I'm guessing.

5/26 entry- complains about TA being rude. compares TA to father.

5/27 entry- plans to see Ryan NB this is the day after the explosive text from TA and the first we've heard of her plan to go to UT...coincidence or what?

5/30 entry- going following week for a couple of days with Ryan

6/1 entry- talks about her visiting with Darryl, Matt and Ryan on her upcoming trip. TA not thrilled. TA is guiliting her about trip, but JA stands her ground. Moving away in relationship. TA sounds bothered.

In the sex tape, Travis and Jodi discuss her traveling to Utah.

I'm a gunshot first camper. Just look at the trajectory of the wound and think about a left handed shooter. Now think about TA being crouched in the shower - and then tell me what you think! With all the manipulation of his body post mortem, his body (and consequently) head wound being washed after being drug back into the shower - and his head being in an upright position - and decomposing for 5 days - I think it's impossible to tell.

I think the gun jammed, which is EXTREMELY PROBABLE (LE here) especially with a small caliber, and possibly old ammunition. I had a .38 revolver that would only fire every other round. Happens more often than you think, depending on a ton of factors!

After the gun jammed, came everything else. No way Jodi would have brought a gun to a knife fight, and used the knife second. She wouldn't have taken that chance.

Well, I wrote this over on the sequence of events thread and almost caught fire for writing it so I haven't dared to bring it up again...

:truce:

Follow with me on this and as always, MHOO.

1). The photos in the shower all look posed to me up until the one where he looks surprised. My belief is she had the gun at that point. Told him to sit down. He's in shock so he does what she says. He sits down.

2). The photo of him sitting in the shower looks like an accidental photo. He also looks alive in that photo.

3). She shoots him in the head and he goes unconcious. She thinks he's dead.

4). The coroner said that there wasn't enough bleeding in the skull for him to believe that he was alive when he was shot...but consider this.

within 60 some SECONDS this man was practically drained of all his blood.

5). He wakes up from being stunned by this head shot. He's moaning and she FREAKS OUT realizing he's not dead. She runs and gets a knife and while he is still seated in the shower she stabs him in the chest.

6). Now he's up and struggling and makes it to the sink, lung punctured and that's why the evidence there looks the way it does.

7). This all would also explain why a man who is way bigger than JA wouldn't have fought her off. He was stunned and in shock and by now seriously fighting for his life.

8). She's in FULL FREAK OUT mode now and in an absolute frenzy. This would help us to understand the overkill. He starts to scramble down the hallway to get away and for help and she's just STABBING HIM IN THE BACK...

9). He makes it as far as where that photo was taken of her foot ect..it's quite obvious to me that his throat is s@#$* by then.

So she drags him back to the shower...*Where it all began*. It's a subconscious thing.

I have absolutely no statistics to back up what I'm about to write, but I would dare say a huge % of homicides do not lose that much blood on average and so what I'm saying is that while the ME didn't find evidence of much bleeding from the head wound, they maybe didn't take into account that within SECONDS he was practically decapitated.

The amount of blood in that hallway area/tile area tells me he was still alive when that took place.

BBM~ Yes, that is a brain twister. It kinda bothers me actually.

IMO, the check (car payment) and the vacation CD's were her way to get him to agree to her 'visit'. She needed a way in the door.

What I cannot understand - not a single roommate did a single load of laundry in the entire 5 day period if time - from his murder to when friends discovered him? The sheets and camera were still in the washer?

Yes...he did say that... it just seemed as if Jodi was more in control of the situation than he was...

Honestly, when I first heard about it I was sure she would be leading him on, telling him to think of fantasies, etc. But it's not like that at all. He is VERY much an active participant, perhaps the main one. He starts out suggesting he take time to 'get in a happy place, get normalized, and see where it takes us.' She responds with a giggle.

He's the one who brags they've gone 2 and 3 hours many times, that their longest was 3 1/2 hours. She praises his stamina and he says he paces himself. He's the one who calls her baby and hot, never takes a bad picture and has never seen her not look good. Even when she demurs and says there are times when she has no makeup on, he insists, no, "there have been times [when she was without makeup] that I've, like, raped you." Not meaning rape but just meaning he was still hot for her then.

What she does do that is reprehensible, and proves she didn't have good motives in recording it, is she gets him to repeat things she already knows the answer to, JUST so she can get him on tape.

TA called JA at 3 am on June 2--returning her earlier calls--and talked on his nickel twice, for a total of 59 minutes. I'd bet they were having phone sex again. That's also why I feel pretty sure she let him know she was coming. She said he didn't like her to come unannounced but that as long as she let him know in advance, it was cool to come visit.

The nude photos don't look sexy at all; they look clinical. And there aren't as many of them as he talked about wanting to do. Maybe he just agreed to take a few and get on with his house cleaning. But she knew he was on his computer at 3 or 4 in the morning, she told that to Detective Flores before anyone had even investigated his computer.

I'm not sure why there is so much resistance to the idea that she told him the day before she was coming, got there in the middle of the night (when both roommates would have been asleep), and had some sort of intimate encounter about 5 hours before she murdered him. He'd told her to not contact him again the day she moved back to Yreka, yet two weeks later he's sending her a flirty text and asking her to send him a naughty picture.

She was waving it in his face; why wouldn't he have one last encounter with her and let her go on her merry way?

O/t but i learned never use the auto suggest when looking for websleuths,,imagin my supprise when it took me to webslutties

Lolol yeah tiny bit of difference!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone listening to Beth Karas and Tricia's on Tricia's True Crime Radio Show?

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I tried to listen, but by the time I realized I couldn't listen until I went to my "Default Player", I missed the part I needed to hear in the beginning. I believe they discussed why ALV was in trouble, right? Anybody got a run-down on the first part of the radio show? Greatly appreciate your feedback.....

I wonder if the closed hearing is about the pedo letters? Perhaps Juan wants to give it to ALV about her involvement in that little 'episode' perhaps HE wants the letters introduced for his own reasons.

Here's the comment that AVL used to paint Travis as a "pedophile".

ALEXANDER: (INAUDIBLE) slowly. (INAUDIBLE) sounds like you`re a 12-year- old girl having her first orgasm. That`s so hot!

ARIAS: Sounds like what?

ALEXANDER: A 12-year-old girl having her first orgasm. (INAUDIBLE) hot little girl.

The last part. In context, he's referring to Jodi! Not that he wants to screw a real little girl. Shame on Alyce and her intellectual dishonesty.

ITA. I'm done with this as far as TA's comment on this tape. Come on, is Alv living under a rock that she doesn't realize one of the most common fantasies is the school girl fantasy? Look at any adult website and see the number of school girl costumes. I'm done with people trying to turn this into pedophilia. Keep it moving ALV and actually speak to a few sex therapists before making such a judgement.

That is my thought too. People don't go into social work because it's glamorous. Frankly, if I were a battered woman she seems like exactly the kind of person I'd want in my corner. She just made the mistake of conflating whichever side she s on with that of the obvious victim.

So true. And more importantly to me is the fact that she was part of the pioneering group of women who had to carve the field largely out of nothing, against a very hostile, patriarchal, and almost indifferent social infrastructure. It's too easy for us today to forget how much change has really occurred in the past 50 years -- but it's really an astonishing amount, though obviously there is much more work to do. I think those decades of struggle took their toll, and left her unable to really relate to men as victims.

:cow:

But where was the money? She borrowed to get to Mesa and SLC. Her bank account was half empty.

Are you thinking she already had gotten the money spent it on something before thi trip?

Thanks!

K

If I was so worried about my expenses and the cost of gas I think I would have passed on the brazilian. :sheesh:

The check was never sent out on the 25th. If it had been it would have reached Travis by the 29th at the latest. Highly doubtful he would leave it lying around for five days, especially considering that he was short on money in 2008.

It was brought there on June 4th as part of her coverup IMO. To make her look more "innocent". Hence her odd comment to Flores and the subject of the June 6th text message to dead Travis which discussed this very check.

She sends him a check for 200 dollars just little over a week before his murder, so she can't possibly be guilty, is what she was hoping Flores would believe. It also covered up a possible motive, her scamming him as mentioned by Travis on May 26th.

If it got there by Friday, and he didn't get it out of the mailbox until Saturday, the bank could have been closed, leaving Monday the second as the next date to go to the bank. I'm gonna doubt he's risking her check bouncing in his account, so I'm gonna guess he asked her about that in those early morning calls on June 2nd. She probably told him to hold it cause she hadn't made those deposits.

Mailing him that check and calling him incessantly to get him NOT to cash it could be a good reason or excuse for her to be contacting him when he is so mad at her. It's reasonable that she could have persuaded him to hold it, and he agreed, which is why she had to get money to make all those deposits.

Even so, I don't see why it has to be that Travis is standing at the mailbox waiting for this check and once it arrives, he's sprinting to the bank with it. It doesn't always happen that way. I am not a rich person by any means--at all, and I even take a few days to put a check from someone else in the bank. It's not unheard of to hold a check for 5 days, if two of the days are the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member