weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wal-Mart Receipt. The only part of that receipt that was talked about was the gas can as far as I remember. I wish I could have had an explanation from JA as for the rest of the purchases that day. (Example: Two jugs of sunscreen).

IMO she was not upset because her family was there. I dont' think she gave a d@mn they were there. Remember her cross with Juan, she had no such inhibitions.

That tape bothered her because she is a narcissist, she couldn't stand hearing herself flattering TA and practically begging him to continue the relatonship, ie the portion where she talks about TA not finding a girl like her in the mormon community. Imo her tears were tears of anger.

Either that or she knew she would look like willing participant in something she found fun. She also had to admit to faking the whole time. I won't go into why or what she said was the reason why because it was dumb. Honestly dumb.

That whole tape being played in its entirety did nothing for JA. And you know what, its kinda sad to me that her father and brother showed up that day. Her brother posted on his facebook she recorded that tape to show TA's girlfriends. He said she told him that.

So, honestly that tape falls under the irrelevant pieces of evidence the jury should disregard. IMHO

K

But if you look at the other checks, you will notice the dates she wrote them and the dates he cashed them on within a day or two.

A mean it seemed usual for him to get the checks and then cash/deposit it them quickly.

K

Except that he didn't even get an April check and might not have been expecting a May check. If he got it on Friday or Saturday, depending upon how often he checked his mail if he was NOT expecting something, then there's two days right there, leading to Wednesday when Jodi was already there.

I'd assume he learned his lesson about depositing her checks quickly or without talking to her already.

It just goes to show how pathetic Samuels is at his chosen profession. I just rewatched Jodi being cross examined, and when Juan brought up these three messages,

1. The text message to dead Travis on June 6th, asking him about the check that some are currently discussing here. (the check itself was also part of the coverup, hence the reason she brought it up to Flores out of nowhere and hence the June 6th text)

2. The voice mail to dead Travis on June 4th or 5th where she tried to coverup the holes that her cell phone alibi created

3. The email to dead Travis on June 7th in which she talked about Travis's upcoming visit to her in Californian, among other things.

Jodi ADMITTED that these were all part of a coverup attempt. Not an "alternate universe". He apparently was not privy to Jodi's testimony on the stand. Why didn't Juan point this out to Sameuls? Is he not allowed to?

Cause it makes Samuels look stupider to let him say like he did. Helps invalidate his other nonsense.

One of the first things I noticed about the sex tape was that Travis sounded half asleep and IMO Jodi seemed to be taking the lead...JMO

Travis's end of the convo reminds me of Seinfeld episode where his girlfriend starts talking dirty & he blurts out something about "the panties your mother laid out for you." He was so in over his head with her.

Oh brilliant, yes, you're so right! :great:

Yep! That was exactly it, but I don't think it was limited to her dad and brother, she was horrified by anyone hearing the whole tape. Not for the sex, which, as we know she's delighted to share with the world, but because it made her look like a dumb, dopey pathetic 12 year old talking to her first crush.

Except that he didn't even get an April check and might not have been expecting a May check. If he got it on Friday or Saturday, depending upon how often he checked his mail if he was NOT expecting something, then there's two days right there, leading to Wednesday when Jodi was already there.

Yes, we would definitely have to know his banking habits or what was in his bank account to know if he needed to put that money in the bank or if it was something he could wait to get to.

K

Sometimes I try and condense posts in an effort to save space, but doing so doesn't always get my point across. I was guessing that after living so long in Long Beach that ALV probably had a circle of long time, like-minded friends who agreed with her views on men/relationships. Kind of a "And never is heard, a discouraging word" kind of deal. She seemed shocked to find her views weren't well-received by the general public, and the AZ jury in particular. I think it might be partly a cultural thing, because I'm sure she'd face the same reaction in my GA neck of the woods. Mileage may vary.

lol! We (might) live in similar "woods"...:seeya:

I get what you are saying...
"therapy" around here has a very different meaning!
It could involve a granny and a rolling pin!

Correct. But IMOO the sex tape displays two people both willing and able to participate.

This is the way our world has become unfortunately; when I started dating my boyfriend ALL we did all day was sex-ting. :blushing: It just the way things are.

With Jodi, however, I heard somewhere it was Gus' idea for her to record it, hence the new Helio phone he got for her.

Either that or she knew she would look like willing participant in something she found fun. She also had to admit to faking the whole time. I won't go into why or what she said was the reason why because it was dumb. Honestly dumb.

That whole tape being played in its entirety did nothing for JA. And you know what, its kinda sad to me that her father and brother showed up that day. Her brother posted on his facebook she recorded that tape to show TA's girlfriends. He said she told him that.

So, honestly that tape falls under the irrelevant pieces of evidence the jury should disregard. IMHO

K

I think you may be right about that!

Her father and brother and sister haven't shown up since those two days. I'm sure the jury has noticed. The mom's twin has also gone AWOL. The mother and the Dono are the only two left.

Moo

(posted this in the wrong thread so I am moving it over here :blushing: )

lI've been trying to take a break this weekend for some things that have been put off too long *cough*, but have popped in and out to read many great posts.

There are some things I need to get out:
The one thing ALV is correct about is the difference between thinking of yourself as a victim vs a survivor.
A victim feels helpless, less than, responsible for...
A survivor feels powerful, having gone thru, reclaiming their life and power...
It may sound like wordplay to some, but as one who has made this transition through a lot of hard work, it is a powerful difference in thinking.

Travis was a victim as a child, as were his siblings. Like far too many children, they were born into an unstable situation with parents battling the grip of addiction. They suffered with little food, little to no supervision, no stable place to live, little to no nurturing and guidance, etc.

Then his grandparents took them in and they were given love, a stable home, introduced to their religious beliefs, food to eat, nurturing, values, etc.

With his Grandmother's love and his own choices, Travis became a survivor as an adult. The terrible circumstances of his childhood did happen, but he was moving forward and claiming his life as his own. He was happy, funny, surrounded by friends and loved ones, successful and loving.

Then comes Jodi. Travis being a caring, loving person is a perfect target for a manipulative psychopath like Jodi (through NO fault on his part). Those who have been victims in the past are often far more forgiving than is good for them. Often their past abusers have "guilted them" and manipulated them. It is easy to fall into an old role, esp if you haven't had an opportunity to work through your past and see clearly the manipulations you were subjected to. Even if you do realize what is happening, people like Jodi are relentless, persistant, deceptive and manipulative to a degree I hope you never see in your lives.

So along comes Jodi, she sees what she wants in Travis and sets out to get it. Her stalking (and YES it was stalking), her manipulations through her "teach poor little me about the business", use of sex as a tie to him even after their break up, etc were all ways she tried to keep him in her life after it was clear he wanted out. By the time she moved back to Yreka, Travis knew who Jodi was and wanted nothing to do with her.

Then, of course, June 4. I believe Travis made it absolutely clear (as if his text was not clear enough??) that he was DONE with her and she killed him with a level of brutality that makes our stomachs churn and give us all nightmares. Travis paid the price for Jodi's selfishness and sick mind.

Now Jodi, Dr Fog and ALV get on the stand to try to convince the jury that Travis was the abuser. Travis was depraved. Travis was a user. Travis was this. Travis was that.
Once again, Travis is the victim. A victim of this smear campaign. Victim of Jodi, ALV, Dr. Fog, Nurmi and JW's horse and pony show trying to divert attention from the fact that Jodi is a brutal murderer. Travis is the victim of a court system that allows this to happen. (I understand why. Jodi's word is considered "evidence" and the jury is given the job of deciding what, if any of it, is true. I still HATE that this happens.)

Travis' family, friends and loved ones are victims also. Not only are they victims in the fact that a loved one was brutally taken from them but also victims of the entire defense team. They have had to sit through mind-numbing hours of horrible, heart-breaking lies about Travis. They have had to bite their tongues and swallow their emotions while others - supposed professionals - have behaved like spoiled children, disrespected the court and LIED LIED LIED about Travis.

BUT, and here is the AWESOME PART, Travis and his loved ones will be survivors again! There is NO WAY his family, friends. loved ones, Juan Martinez (and even those of us who only know of him because of this tragedy) will ever let the memories of who Travis really was die! His friends and family, photos from the past, Travis' own words in his blog, etc have all told us who Travis REALLY was. They are becoming survivors through their effort to be there every minute of this trial, through their strength to sit through horrible testimony of Travis' last moments, through their glowing faces and smiles in interviews they give recalling Travis and memories of time with him. All of their efforts remind all of us who Travis really was. A wonderful, loving brother/grandson/friend/man.

In the long run, what JA did to Travis that last day, this trial and all of the BS that has been spewed in testimony is not Travis' legacy. Travis' legacy is the love, zest for life, and generousity his family and friends know he shared during his time here on earth. The love and memories that will be shared with others in the future due to the impact Travis made on others - that is Travis' legacy.

This jury will find Jodi guilty. She will be sentenced and will fade from her 15 minutes of "fame" she has so enjoyed. The smirk on her face will be gone and she will spend whatever time she has left on this earth in a cell with no freedom. No more photography, no more boyfriends, no children, no family - simply the memories of what was and will never be again. Whether her time on earth is limited by the death penalty or life in prison without parole - each day will be spent without the attention she depends on like we need air.
Jodi Arias and her evilness will fade with time.
Travis' love never will.

God bless all who love Travis.
My prayers are for you.
My heart is with you.

Yes, we would definitely have to know his banking habits or what was in his bank account to know if he needed to put that money in the bank or if it was something he could wait to get to.

K

I'm on the "I don't think Travis needed that $200 all that badly" team myself.

:cow:

I once lived near Long Beach but what I am curious about is ALV's divorce from her husband. Did she consider herself as abused somehow? Are those records available to the public?

I think they are public record.
I live in socal and have been in the courts many times regarding domestic violence and custody issues. Does anybody know if she is a 730 custody evaluator for the courts?
She could harm a lot of families with her "reasoning" and the recommendations
She might represent to the courts.

Sometimes I try and condense posts in an effort to save space, but doing so doesn't always get my point across. I was guessing that after living so long in Long Beach that ALV probably had a circle of long time, like-minded friends who agreed with her views on men/relationships. Kind of a "And never is heard, a discouraging word" kind of deal. She seemed shocked to find her views weren't well-received by the general public, and the AZ jury in particular. I think it might be partly a cultural thing, because I'm sure she'd face the same reaction in my GA neck of the woods. Mileage may vary.

I understand completely - I was born in the 50's in Cali and moved to the South in my early twenties. I guess it depends on how many jurors are Conservative in Phoenix. I think Juror #11 being let go was a good thing.

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

WOW! Steely Dan: do you live in the Wichita area?? I ask because I live in Topeka. I always look forward to your posts.
:seeya:

Her father and brother and sister haven't shown up since those two days. I'm sure the jury has noticed. The mom's twin has also gone AWOL. The mother and the Dono are the only two left.

Moo

That is awfully interesting.

Since her folks had a restaurant, they were probably Costco members and possibly had a card for her. Wouldn't surprise me if she helped herself to her parent's restaurant supplies or stuff out of their garage/cupboards on a regular basis. I let my young adult kids take whatever they want/need out of my cupboards, but they never take advantage of it.
Yeah, except that I looked it up, and there are no Costco's in Yreka. I think the closest one was in Medford, Or.

lol! We (might) live in similar "woods"...:seeya:

I get what you are saying...
"therapy" around here has a very different meaning!
It could involve a granny and a rolling pin!

I'm in the north GA woods, where chivalry among men still exists and where abusing a woman, in public at least, would be addressed by other men long before the police arrived.
:seeya:

Yep! That was exactly it, but I don't think it was limited to her dad and brother, she was horrified by anyone hearing the whole tape. Not for the sex, which, as we know she's delighted to share with the world, but because it made her look like a dumb, dopey pathetic 12 year old talking to her first crush.

Absolutely! Just look at her that day, it wasn't tears of shame, but anger. Imo she was totally po that tape was going to show her, as you said, as pathetic.

Here is what I think happened on that day. I think the killer believed that they were going to play that EDITED VERSION of the sex tape. And I think she wanted her daddy and brother to hear how vulgar and mean Travis was to her.

Remember how visibly upset she was when she came out of chambers? She realized then that the entire tape was about to be played for them, and her little game backfired once again.

That"s it exactly. The edited version was just all kinds of wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018