weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The May 26th text does appear to reference it. .

The full text,

"You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me, and you betrayed me less than any example I can conjure. You are stick and you have scammed me".

What doesn't make sense (if she did send it out on May 25th) is her odd references to it after his murder. She was deliberately calling attention to that check in a text message that was intended to coverup her involvement.

This quote doesn't say anything about a check. It just says scam. We can't infer what he meant without more of ALV's "context."

She could be using the check as a reason to be eager to talk to police. She could be using it to prove she was little miss nice girl who was paying Travis. Those are possibilities. If she did mail it out and she was sincerely worried about it being cashed, it wasn't that hard to find, she could have taken it with her. Same goes for if she gave it to him that day.

I think she sent it beforehand and he got it beforehand, because what mailing that check does is establish renewed faith in her with Travis. For all we know, a letter could have been in there with the check. For all we know, in that letter, she could have asked him to hold it over the weekend. Thus, the "reason" for some of her calls. He'll answer the phone and talk to her, she's hoping, because they are discussing the check.

Sometimes I try and condense posts in an effort to save space, but doing so doesn't always get my point across. I was guessing that after living so long in Long Beach that ALV probably had a circle of long time, like-minded friends who agreed with her views on men/relationships. Kind of a "And never is heard, a discouraging word" kind of deal. She seemed shocked to find her views weren't well-received by the general public, and the AZ jury in particular. I think it might be partly a cultural thing, because I'm sure she'd face the same reaction in my GA neck of the woods. Mileage may vary.

I understand completely - I was born in the 50's in Cali and moved to the South in my early twenties. I guess it depends on how many jurors are Conservative in Phoenix. I think Juror #11 being let go was a good thing.

As long as he didn't have TB or some other mycobacteria... that wold cause a mistrial for sure!
I shudder to think about it!

I'm on the "I don't think Travis needed that $200 all that badly" team myself.

:cow:
ITA!If he needed money he wouldn't have sold JA the car to pay back in minimum of 100$/month increments.

I tried to listen, but by the time I realized I couldn't listen until I went to my "Default Player", I missed the part I needed to hear in the beginning. I believe they discussed why ALV was in trouble, right? Anybody got a run-down on the first part of the radio show? Greatly appreciate your feedback.....

I usually call in and listen. There's also a phone number to call so you don't have to have a computer. you can either listen to the entire show, or press a button to be put in the queue to talk.

HTH

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely! Just look at her that day, it wasn't tears of shame, but anger. Imo she was totally po that tape was going to show her, as you said, as pathetic.

Yes! I read your post just after I posted. You are the first person who has agreed with me!

I understand completely - I was born in the 50's in Cali and moved to the South in my early twenties. I guess it depends on how many jurors are Conservative in Phoenix. I think Juror #11 being let go was a good thing.

I think of it as "These jurors are from the same voter pool that's elected Sheriff Joe over and over" - i.e. the sensible, law abiding sort, whatever their political persuasion.

I never heard that the U-Haul company was liable for the damage done to Travis' BMW. It was just a car dolly where the front wheels are in the dolly track and the back wheels are on the pavement. Most of the time the person drives the car up onto the dolly not the U-Haul rep.

Do you know where that was said?

tia

JA's dad told Det. Flores about it. I think U-haul has a liability issue with putting a personal vehicle on a tow dolly

You think that but the truth is that when actually confronted, in real life, with stuff like that, your brain naturally reaches out for explanations that are consistent with everyday, normal life.

Ya just gotta love someone that gets a rental back and immediately thinks 'Kool-Aid'. The way my skeptical brain works, I'd be thinking MURDER!! I HAVE TO GET ON WEBSLEUTHS!!!

I don't get that. Who would have Kool Aid in a rental on a trip? Maybe a Slushy whatever but not something you gotta make at home. Whadya do, buy a pitcher at Target and mix it in the car? Who cares though.

I'm in the north GA woods, where chivalry among men still exists and where abusing a woman, in public at least, would be addressed by other men long before the police arrived.
:seeya:

Yep! You are a close enuff neighbor.
Too bad that 911 is 30 min away huh?
Even the principals in elementary schools know that they can drive to a hospital before an ambulance arrives!
"Thank you" Mr Ford for saving Holly! ~ sorry just had to say that.

No disrespect to California!
I do worry about men in the system and if they have been accurately
evaluated.

I don't get that. Who would have Kool Aid in a rental on a trip? Maybe a Slushy whatever but not something you gotta make at home. Whadya do, buy a pitcher at Target and mix it in the car? Who cares though.

Well who would have blood in a rental on a trip?

There was probably a mechanical issue with the car, and the blame was to be on uHaul. BMW's are not cheap to fix. ;) I don't think he cared about the money for the car.

But somewhere it has been mentioned that Travis was in financial difficulties towards the end.

Maybe Jodi did something to damage Travis financially? Like jumping ship to another PPL rep? re: the scamming part?

ITA!If he needed money he wouldn't have sold JA the car to pay back in minimum of 100$/month increments.

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

WOW! Steely Dan: do you live in the Wichita area?? I ask because I live in Topeka. I always look forward to your posts.
:seeya:

My hubby is from Lyons

But where was the money? She borrowed to get to Mesa and SLC. Her bank account was half empty.

Are you thinking she already had gotten the money spent it on something before thi trip?

Thanks!

K

Jodi never had money. It seems that she mismanaged money. It's totally possible that she did blow it. It's possible that Uhaul awarded her money around that time, but the payment hadn't arrived, and Travis somehow found out about through his lawyer or by talking to Uhaul. I do not know.

As long as he didn't have TB or some other mycobacteria... that wold cause a mistrial for sure!

I haven't heard a lot of coughing in the courtroom for what that's worth.

I really hadn't given it that much thought before, but what a great line to get in the door, "Don't be mad, I came to give you this payment."

If she told him she had a payment for him, AND she was on her way to visit her new boyfriend in Utah, he would probably feel greatly relieved, and allow her to rest before she continued her drive. JMO

I guess I missed your point. I was posting back and forth with a Georgia Girl about how I lived in Cali and now live in the South as it relates to ALV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry