weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I've seen her mom , cry Was during the interview with detective flores after Jodie's arrest.

I don't feel bad for Jodie's mom I don't like the way they (twin) and her acted in court towards travis family. Giggling when Samantha or tanisha left the courtroom. Wearing the domestic violence ribbons knowing jodie. Was no DV victim.
I do think her dad seems more genuine, he did make the effort to attend a few times. He is very ill so that must have been a big effort on his part. Jodie's sister made some derogatory comments about travis abusing jodie!! at the( jodie arias is innocent forum) Yeah dumb me went there once.
I don't know about the little brother but I'm assuming they all believe she's a victim.

Jodi's family may just be trying to cope however they can as they sit there for the entire world to see how much Jodi soiled their family nest.

I was thinking the same thing. Shows she had no problem using knives to kill or slit tires. She must feel comfortable with knives as a means to carry out crimes.

I can totally relate to packing a gun for protection and would have no problem using it if I had no other choice and as a last resort (either me or the perpetrator lives). But I would never in my wildest dreams even think of packing a knife for protection. Knives just wig me out so I wouldn't even go there when thinking about self-defense weapons.

Right if u had to defend yourself a gun from a distance could work but a knife seems to be up close and personal.

I think it will be carried out one day. I think they executed 6-7 last year. The main thing she knows one day she will be walking the green mile. I don't care how long it takes and Im sure Travis' family doesn't either.

IMO

Yep, she's a "done tom turkey" :D.

What does "LE" mean? lol

I read it and don't know that acronym. tia!

>snip<

How many people really say "gosh" nowadays?

>snip<

:iamashamed: I have been known to use it. :iamashamed:

In my defense, I've never ever used the word "nay" out of the context of a vote. And Jodi used it in her journal ... I think it was in reference to Travis screaming at her about balancing her checkbook.

"Nay." Really?

One thing I'll say about the check issue, if you've ever in your life had anyone that owed you money, then you totally understand how eager one is to collect payments when they are offered, even if is at 4 in the morning and unannounced.

But, if he already had the check and since she was on a trip, borrowing money, depositing it in her account, how would she know that he didn't try to deposit it and use up all the money she needed to take the trip?

Why go to get the check back? She had enough to cover it for at least the 3rd of June. Why would she take that chance?

IMHO

K

She could have put a stop payment on the check if that was the case too.

This is where the innocent pay. JA could've avoided hurting her own kin, as well as TA kin. She could have, actually most do think about Jeffrey Dolhmer, Ted Bundy, even Manson knew when their number was up.

She is the one that changed the life's of others who are innocent, just because she is still alive and still breathing. Put her to death as her sentence, and others out of their misery. Seriously, she will never be able to give her siblings a normal life again, her parents, TA death wasn't enough - she went right to the meat of his living family members.

If ever there is a DP sentence - this should be it.

Great post.
It keeps sticking in my mind that JA really does lack a soul. What she's doing is totally opposite of what occurred back in 1949 and 1950....a friend of my Mom's was murdered, choked and then hit with a lug wrench after accepting a ride from a young man she knew from the college campus where she worked. She was missing for a short while. Her body was discovered under an excavation at a summer cottage several miles from the college. The young student who killed her then confessed to the murder. He even showed where he had thrown her purse, and an umbrella into a local creek. What he refused to do, however, was state what happened in his car that led to her murder. She was a good girl, and we all surmise he made a wicked pass at her. His family dynamic was crackers, he was failing out of college but pretending to be passing, to his folks. He lost it and killed her. His attorney was a local legend and told the family that the only thing he could even try to do was avoid the death penalty. Even though the killer had confessed, the trial had to prove it. No matter what anyone did, the killer would only say that he 'killed her on impulse'. We all know better. But rather than shame his family any further, he took the details to his grave. It was bad enough he murdered that young girl, but he spared his family even more titillating shame.
I will never support what he did to her, but after seeing what JA has done to shame her family, to shame Travis, I actually had to give that other killer a tiny tip of my hat. She is soulless. And has no morals. Or shame.
I cannot imagine not just pleading guilty and taking my lumps, even if it's death. Rather than have all those sordid disgusting details come out and shame my family.

I think I know what JA Does in her Notebook every day.

Plays HANGMAN

:floorlaugh:

com.virtuesoft.android.hangman_featured_small.png
Day after Day

One thing JA's doing at her table every day is showing the jury she is ambidextrous, in case how she could operate the camera, grab the knife, reach for the gun, etc. becomes an issue during deliberations.

I'm a gunshot first camper. Just look at the trajectory of the wound and think about a left handed shooter. Now think about TA being crouched in the shower - and then tell me what you think! With all the manipulation of his body post mortem, his body (and consequently) head wound being washed after being drug back into the shower - and his head being in an upright position - and decomposing for 5 days - I think it's impossible to tell.

I think the gun jammed, which is EXTREMELY PROBABLE (LE here) especially with a small caliber, and possibly old ammunition. I had a .38 revolver that would only fire every other round. Happens more often than you think, depending on a ton of factors!

After the gun jammed, came everything else. No way Jodi would have brought a gun to a knife fight, and used the knife second. She wouldn't have taken that chance.

Agree 100%! Also, in the police report taken after the burglary, the Grandfather stated that the gun was given to him by a relative and it was old.

ALV: "I am a psychotherapist, Miiiiister Martiiiinez."

I counted how many times Alyce LaViolette said "Ms. Willmott" on Thursday? Friday? I get mixed up because every day she testifies the blur of BS is so great it's unbelievable. Anyway ... it was once, when they greeted each other while A.L.V. was on the stand.

Then I started counting how many times she uttered "Mr. Martinez" when he was questioning her. I lost count.

Does she realize how biased it makes her seem? Among all the other things she does that make it obvious she is biased toward Jodi?

May 25, 2008 was a Sunday and the following day was Memorial Day, a legal holiday. Even if she had put it in a mailbox on May 25, the earliest it would be processed by the USPS is Tuesday. That is still a long way until June 4 for him to receive it and not cash it or deposit it into his own account. As someone so kindly posted earlier, her account balance when she deposited the $400. into it was $148.+ change, therefore the check would not have cleared. I will concede, however, that she could have written it on the 25th, intending at that time to send it, but with the texts on the 26th changed her mind and put her murder plan into motion. That is not what I believe though.

MOO
This would be assuming that Travis was expecting the check, that and his roommates regularly checked the mail and that Travis actually WANTED the money from her after what had happened between them. It assumes that he didn't forget to get the check and take it to the bank with him, too, and it assumes that he doesn't procrastinate and that he was in need of the money.

I have had my fiance send me checks, and they sit here in the house for days sometimes because the bank isn't on my normal route, or I'm waiting for my other freelance check to take them together to the bank. This is all also assuming that Jodi promptly mailed it.

In my opinion, IF she mailed it, she probably asked him about it on those June 2nd phone calls and perhaps learned he intended to cash it while she was traveling. Or not. It's possible she pre-dated and brought it; just it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

One way to know, I guess, is did he argue about her not paying him in the long text messages from the 26th or in any subsequent talks? If he did, that would be motive for pre-dating it--to prove to Travis that she'd intended to pay before he began "ranting."

What does "LE" mean? lol

I read it and don't know that acronym. tia!
Law Enforcement. More commonly used term around here rather than police or cops.

She brought the check with her on June 4th in part to tie up a loose end that could have aroused suspicion toward her. Travis accused her of scamming him in text messages in May, telling her that she owned him money. The check would help coverup this bitter dispute, much like her May 26th journal entry and how it covered up the text message argument on May 26th. IMO

Whatever the case, it had to be part of the elaborate coverup, because her references to it after the murder are way too suspicious to ignore. It was the subject of a short text message to Travis on June 6th. Why tell a dead man about cashing that check?

We don't know whether she brought the check with her that day, or whether she mailed it and kept asking him not to deposit it..remember all those phone calls? We do know, for sure, it was never cashed and it was a huge priority to JA. She thinks she's Einstein, but she isn't the brightest bulb in the box..that's for sure. Kind of really dumb, to ask about the check to the detective. Really dumb, for calling the detective in the first place. Who does that? Oh yeah, JA...AKA...Einstein. :rolleyes:

She brought the check with her on June 4th in part to tie up a loose end that could have aroused suspicion toward her. Travis accused her of scamming him in text messages in May, telling her that she owned him money. The check would help coverup this bitter dispute, much like her May 26th journal entry and how it covered up the text message argument on May 26th. IMO

Whatever the case, it had to be part of the elaborate coverup, because her references to it after the murder are way too suspicious to ignore. It was the subject of a short text message to Travis on June 6th. Why tell a dead man about cashing that check?

Exactly!! It was ALL part of her plan to cover up the murder and deflect suspicion from her. She had to know she would be a prime suspect, therefore she tried to make every effort to distance herself from having a motive and being in AZ.

MOO

:iamashamed: I have been known to use it. :iamashamed:

In my defense, I've never ever used the word "nay" out of the context of a vote. And Jodi used it in her journal ... I think it was in reference to Travis screaming at her about balancing her checkbook.

"Nay." Really?

I know right...that one really got me too !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14