weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI just a peek in to what really goes on with death row inmates and their celebrity status..just ran in to this dialogue I had w a Canadian website that hosts "singles ads" for death row inmates. The man who slit my sisters throat had a photo of himself on there holding her dog at one point. He was released from death row in 2009 for "mental retardation" yet they still held him up there as one of their poster children for years...he may still be listed as far as I know. Take a look at this exchange...oh and they banned me for holding their feet to the fire calling it "mean" :
http://ccadp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=victims&action=display&thread=7586

Thanks, Katie. Aren't you supposed to be on sabbatical.... Don't make me call Orville.

FYI just a peek in to what really goes on with death row inmates and their celebrity status..just ran in to this dialogue I had w a Canadian website that hosts "singles ads" for death row inmates. The man who slit my sisters throat had a photo of himself on there holding her dog at one point. He was released from death row in 2009 for "mental retardation" yet they still held him up there as one of their poster children for years...he may still be listed as far as I know. Take a look at this exchange...oh and they banned me for holding their feet to the fire calling it "mean" :

Geeze, that's just sick and grotesque. I can understand you're wanting to hold their feet to the fire but isn't also kind of like torturing yourself?

I always thought she used high-faluting, sometimes made up words and talked in meaningless circles with 99% lies, 2% fairy tale/someone's truth, plus a lot of names she stole from movies.... JMHO, of course. She drove me ABSOLUTELY bonkers during her loooong direct.
Remember when Miss "I scored 136 in verbal comprehension" told JM she didn't know the meaning of the word "ally"? She had been edifying and contemporaneously-ing and green-witching out the wazoo, but she didn't know the meaning of ally.

this is nauseating. what a nightmare!!!! :furious::furious::banghead::banghead:

Just wanted to make a general comment about prejudicial evidence.

Evidence is not excluded just because its prejudicial. Any evidence of Jodi's guilt is prejudicial against Jodi. Evidence is only excluded if the prejudicial effect clearly outweighs the relevance and meaningfulness of the evidence.

So Jodi's psychiatric diagnosis would not be excluded because its too prejudicial. If Dr D had diagnosed Jodi with ASPD or schizophrenia or mental retardation or anything else, she would have testified about it, and it would not have been excluded because its too prejudicial. And the only reason Dr D was even allowed to testify about Jodi's diagnosis at all was because the defense made an issue of Jodi's mental health.

If the defense had not raised PTSD or BWS, Dr D would not have been able to testify.

What about the stalking, etc? It was not bought in until the defense opened the door. Why couldn't JM introduce that during is CIC? We are only assuming he had no proof. What if he did and the judge ruled it out?

:blushing: I'm so sorry KCL. Those &^%# aren't representative of anyone but themselves. :banghead:

I thought I read somewhere that Nurmi tried to get off the case but the judge ordered him to stay on it.

Heard likewise...

The first crew was able to skedaddle, but L. Kirk got stuck.

I don't feel too sorry for him, given his chosen livelihood and his clientele preference.

And to me, the whole money thing has always bothered me... where did she get the money to flit around all over (ya know the price of gas in the west), buy expensive cameras.. and pay the kind of phone/internet bill she MUST have had with the HUGE number of texts/IMs/looong calls???? I know she didn't appear to pay room & board (always wanted to hear from g'parents on this), would work awhile, take her "road trips", work awhile.. but still....

And she testified she could not hold a job because she and TA would be together at night or consistently on the phone at all hours. With over 83,000 pieces of correspondence between her and TA that doesn't leave one a whole lot of time to make a living. I wonder what she made when she claimed (lied) about being a caretaker for a small male child from Nov2007/Jan2008 and really want to know whose child she lied about watching. She also testified to making less than $2000.00 with PPL the entire time she was with the company. The kicker is the downright lie about loaning TA over $900.00 and TA becoming abusive again when she said she didn't have anymore to loan him. I don't believe that for a second. When this is all over I am sure we will hear a lot of details from friends who had money or things stolen from them during the time Jodi was around.

Did they show these male jurors on HLN, TA's more gory autopsy photos? :facepalm: Per KCL our male jurors don't make eye contact with JA at all.

They've already seen her well-traveled and oft-frequented 'junk' with all those miles and hours on it.

What else is there?

Remember when Miss "I scored 136 in verbal comprehension" told JM she didn't know the meaning of the word "ally"? She had been edifying and contemporaneously-ing and green-witching out the wazoo, but she didn't know the meaning of ally.

Well, tobe fair, miz jodikillerarias has prolly never been, seen, felt, experienced an ally. No context for her.

For all the talk of sammy and alyce being in a relationship with jodipsycho they were prolly less allies and more users...books, articles, speaking engagements. Sammy n alyce were becoming "personalities". Alyce even had her daddy in the courtroom to share her fame.

Allies? No. Expertwhores.

But i digress...

Remember the silence in the courtroom when JM exposed JA's Boxcar Children attempt at magazine codes?

magcode_zpsc883bed0.jpg

Priceless!

It is upside down.

Geeze, that's just sick and grotesque. I can understand you're wanting to hold their feet to the fire but isn't also kind of like torturing yourself?

What do you think is more tortuous? Being required to testify in a hearing over 3 weeks to get ruled against , then finding small consolations such as him receiving less attention, only to have to respond to a friend who has run across his singles ad because its still up,there?

I ignore almost every correspondence I receive on our lengthy appeals...they go in the garbage unopened although they come several times per year. I've told my advocate to,call me if its something I need to be involved in but the system keeps us updated.

I wrote those posts in an isolated exchange over 25 years now almost now. Torture is every Christmas Eve, the day her body was,found. Torture is an emissary for her killer showing up on my doorstep 2 weeks before Christmas asking my assistance with his appeal. We live with recurring torture every year as this goes on.

Yet I manage a successful professional life and loving relationships and opportunities to help when I can. This sharing was meant to educate what families deal with post death penalty.

If you walk in my shoes and find a better way to cope, I'm all ears. I'm doing the best I can, and at times it includes being completely pissed off and outraged and I use this voice God gave me.

And she testified she could not hold a job because she and TA would be together at night or consistently on the phone at all hours. With over 83,000 pieces of correspondence between her and TA that doesn't leave one a whole lot of time to make a living. I wonder what she made when she claimed (lied) about being a caretaker for a small male child from Nov2007/Jan2008 and really want to know whose child she lied about watching. She also testified to making less than $2000.00 with PPL the entire time she was with the company. The kicker is the downright lie about loaning TA over $900.00 and TA becoming abusive again when she said she didn't have anymore to loan him. I don't believe that for a second. When this is all over I am sure we will hear a lot of details from friends who had money or things stolen from them during the time Jodi was around.

Just wanted to say :seeya:, neighbor. NWLA, here, too!

Sorry for the OT:blushing:

Can you IMAGINE the reaction of the parents of that child that jodiodie didnt fixate on them?

I've wondered about the defense team's strategy, given the challenges. What would you do to defend this murderer if you were one of her team. What strategy would you initiate?
Temporary insanity? (JA was overwhelmed with jealousy and committed a crime of passion)
General insanity? (JA is batshite bonkers crazy out of her blooming mind and the voices and the ninjas in her head, hiding under her tinfoil hat, told her to do it)
Let's make a deal? (Bartering and bargaining and begging and pleading: Start high but know you'll come out low ---for example:
10 years and we'll throw in a toaster
nota chance
ok 20 and we'll pretend you won
30 and we'll throw in a ball of twine and a book of knots for the cellmate?

Any other takes on better strategies for the dt?

Love the humor in your post :). I think if they would have gone for a crime of passion type of defense, where she just lost it because she was so in love with this man she couldn't stand the thought of him being with someone else, it would have served them better. She still would have done LWOP, but the DP would likely have been avoided. But the DT wouldn't agree to first degree LWOP, and the prosecution wouldn't lower their charges to second degree (despite the DT's threats of dragging everyone through the muck - which they have definitely delivered on), so the DT came up with this ridiculous strategy and now they're stuck with it.

IMO it's their own fault the DT is stuck with a difficult case. They should have plead to first degree LWOP instead of driving this ship into the iceberg.

Katie, it's just awful. If sharing it is helping, then I'm all for it. It's just terrible.

Well, tobe fair, miz jodikillerarias has prolly never been, seen, felt, experienced an ally. No context for her.

For all the talk of sammy and alyce being in a relationship with jodipsycho they were prolly less allies and more users...books, articles, speaking engagements. Sammy n alyce were becoming "personalities". Alyce even had her daddy in the courtroom to share her fame.

Allies? No. Expertwhores.

But i digress...

That's because when JM said "ally", JA's guilty conscience heard "a lie."

A lie?

So tension-wrought when JM had JA read 2nd Nephi 9:34, no?

What do you think is more tortuous? Being required to testify in a hearing over 3 weeks to get ruled against , then finding small consolations such as him receiving less attention, only to have to respond to a friend who has run across his singles ad because its still up,there?

I ignore almost every correspondence I receive on our lengthy appeals...they go in the garbage unopened although they come several times per year. I've told my advocate to,call me if its something I need to be involved in but the system keeps us updated.

I wrote those posts in an isolated exchange over 25 years now almost now. Torture is every Christmas Eve, the day her body was,found. Torture is an emissary for her killer showing up on my doorstep 2 weeks before Christmas asking my assistance with his appeal. We live with recurring torture every year as this goes on.

Yet I manage a successful professional life and loving relationships and opportunities to help when I can. This sharing was meant to educate what families deal with post death penalty.

If you walk in my shoes and find a better way to cope, I'm all ears. I'm doing the best I can, and at times it includes being completely pissed off and outraged and I use this voice God gave me.

:( Oh, Katie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member