weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie, it's just awful. If sharing it is helping, then I'm all for it. It's just terrible.

My experience is people want to know but don't want to know what the reality of this process is.

I live it on the inside and sometimes, rarely really, on the outside. I've had clients I've known for years see me on the news on this trial telling me they had no idea this ever happened to me. Like most, I can compartmentalize it. But places like here, I feel safe to tell the truth.

[/B]

BBM a lot of baloney, if you ask me. I will never, never understand how they could defend her if they think she is guilty. Just criminal in my mind- so I'm cray-cray. :twocents:

Well, I can't disagree with how you feel, which is why I have chosen to pursue a career on the prosecution side of things. But, I do believe that defendants, and the Constitution, deserve an advocate. I can't imagine it being any other way.

I thought I read somewhere that Nurmi tried to get off the case but the judge ordered him to stay on it.

Probably hard to work with a client who's lying to you all the time. I wonder if it was after getting a report from Karp.

FYI just a peek in to what really goes on with death row inmates and their celebrity status..just ran in to this dialogue I had w a Canadian website that hosts "singles ads" for death row inmates. The man who slit my sisters throat had a photo of himself on there holding her dog at one point. He was released from death row in 2009 for "mental retardation" yet they still held him up there as one of their poster children for years...he may still be listed as far as I know. Take a look at this exchange...oh and they banned me for holding their feet to the fire calling it "mean" :
http://ccadp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=victims&action=display&thread=7586

KCL, wait, are you telling me this conniving insurance fraud murderer, who was honorably discharged after serving (as a pilot?) for his country's airforce has faked some tests to be deemed mentally retarded? Of course he gonna malinger, why didn't they look at his record to see he has to be intelligent to act retarded in order to get a better deal? this is outrageous! now that he's in gen.population i hope he gets a few good kicks in his head to make sure he fits his mental condition. SMH

My experience is people want to know but don't want to know what the reality of this process is.

I live it on the inside and sometimes, rarely really, on the outside. I've had clients I've known for years see me on the news on this trial telling me they had no idea this ever happened to me. Like most, I can compartmentalize it. But places like here, I feel safe to tell the truth.

I can certainly appreciate that. But it's also at times like this that people like me (glued to my computer because I am too sick to write a lecture) begin t think that they should not be intruding into this space. I feel like a voyeur, and it's disturbing. Some of you have had such terrible tragedies that have caused you to be that much more vested in justice than do I. I actually may stop posting, out of respect for people like you who really should be heard by as wide an audience as possible.

That is a basic symptomology of a low-functioning BPD. To them, you're either all good or all bad.....no shades of grey. Then combine it with rage and some comorbidity, and you have voila! = JA.

But here is the catch---> my prediction is that JA will turn on Wilm*tt and Nurm* and we may get to see it when the verdict is announced OR we'll read about the hateful mail she sends them, or interviews from jail where she tries to angrily ruin them.

When they lock her away, it will not be the end of us hearing about JA.

Ugh. :banghead:

Exactly! One of the symptoms is taking no responsibility for your actions-IT'S ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.

Since you brought up child molestation and sexual assault, I will go off topic and say IMO, those people are worse than JA. There should be some far away island, no trees, no food, and they should dump them there. NO ONE should molest or sexually abuse and often murder a child and then go to prison. They should be exiled, no help, no food, no way out. I wold send CA there too.

I agree with you 100% I would also add these are the cases where all of their past should be allowed in court. I no longer believe in innocent until proven guilty, especially in casees of repeat offenders. I believe there is not one adult who does not know it's WRONG to molest or sexually assult a child. But yet these creeps are given chance after chance to do it over and over. They chould all be thrown in together in a very deep hole in the middle of a deesert, or better yet, they should be killed!

KCL, wait, are you telling me this conniving insurance fraud murderer, who was honorably discharged after serving (as a pilot?) for his country's airforce has faked some tests to be deemed mentally retarded? Of course he gonna malinger, why didn't they look at his record to see he has to be intelligent to act retarded in order to get a better deal? this is outrageous! now that he's in gen.population i hope he gets a few good kicks in his head to make sure he fits his mental condition. SMH

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/07/retarded_german_killer_rudi_ap.php

I gave a 90 min interview yesterday that had me and the reporter in tears. Yes I'm resting and yes our case is up in my face right now and instead of stuffing my feelings,down, I speak out. Otherwise I sincerely might lose my damn mind.

From Katie Wick's twitter .... Too funny!

"I had to...... Enjoy your weekend everyone!" #JusticeForTravis

twitter.com/KatieWickUSA/status/325658361112707072/photo/1

I can certainly appreciate that. But it's also at times like this that people like me (glued to my computer because I am too sick to write a lecture) begin t think that they should not be intruding into this space. I feel like a voyeur, and it's disturbing. Some of you have had such terrible tragedies that have caused you to be that much more vested in justice than do I. I actually may stop posting, out of respect for people like you who really should be heard by as wide an audience as possible.

Everyone deserves a voice. Everyone should be outraged at horrors like this. This kind of thing creates awareness and change.

~ bbm

What was her answer? I think Travis' situation was much much different than is typical because, when you are single and LDS your sex life is NOT a secret. You are to have no sex life at all and if you do there are serious consequences. Imo, that would/should have been her answer in this case.

She wiggles and worms, lol. About 32:53 Edited to add, she had no interest in presenting anything Travis said or did as reasonable or in any way a positive.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 46 Jury Vs. LaViolette Part 1 - YouTube

I'm in bed in my pajamas at noon.

when i think about all you've been through and continue to go through, i think if i were you i'd be in my pajamas, under the bed, every day, all day.

i have many problems with the system and i believe what's 'criminal' about the criminal justice system is the amount of THIS kind of BS the victim's family has to endure. it's really screwed up, IMO, and that's as lightly as i can put it.

Nezumi, if you know where to find it, could you direct me to the "evidence" that she actually was on the reservation. I must have missed this extremely important fact because to me jurors would want to know what "happened" to get her to premeditate a murder. TIA
Ditto. A story circulated about a month or so ago that Travis had originally asked Jodi to accompany him and then changed his mind. I'd love to see the proof in black and white. I think that Jodi's jealousy/rage over the Cancun trip had more to do with the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die book than Mimi Hall. One of the places in the book (Mayan Ruins in Chichen Itza) is close to Cancun. So whether Travis dis-invited her or never asked her to join him from the start,the first place, she would see this as a huge rejection. Abandonment issues? Bring them on. Feelings of hate? Ditto. The closer it got to the trip the more unstable she became. Love to know when she first learned about the trip and/or when he disinvited her presuming that is fact.

I do not believe there are many who could have dragged the admissions he got from Alyce LaViolette and Jodi Arias. Jodi was calm, stoic, seemingly unconcerned; smug and arrogant in her ability to block any question she didn't want to answer.

Many would have kept pestering her with the same questions over and over and over hoping she'd crack and they would have been polite and firm with her. And she would have successfully evaded almost every question.

JM was hip to her game from the beginning. He lulled her into a false sense of superiority over his questioning ability, zipping around seemingly aimless from one subject to the next, from a serious question to an innocuous question until you could see her relax and give a few smirks. Then he lowered the boom on her a$$ and she didn't know where to look. She was trapped in her own web. And JM, triumphant, asks: "Ma'am, do you remember what you told us just 30 seconds ago? Do you remember that?" And suddenly his questions had the speed and force of a freight train. She made critical errors on the stand with Juan.

Juan would not let go of Alyce LaViolette and was relentless in bringing her to her knees, too. He was completely unfazed by her snotty time out recommendations and her wanting to take him on a trip around the world when she answered every question. He would throw it back at her fast and furious until she too sat in stunned silence.

Despite media criticisms and TH Monday morning quarterbacking him, he never lost his footing nor did he give up his style. His style offends some but it works for him and we saw him work magic.

So no, I don't believe it was easy street and I don't believe just anyone could have gotten the admissions that he got.

Ditto. The prosecution never has it on easy street unless the jury sees the truth and comes back with the right verdict. Think of the Pinellas 12 in Casey Anthony trial. I thought Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick hit it out of the ballpark. And the jury said not guilty? Oh my. Don't ever think the prosecution has it made. Besides, JM is quick on his feet, brilliant in his speech, smart as a tack. But the jurors are human and some come with biases.

After some thought I think Jodi never waivered in her mission to murder Travis. Right after the May 25th marathon IM/text/call she decided to kill him. From then on it was plan...plan...plan until June. We all know the pre murder measures to not be detected she divised and carried out. Whether she called Travis to make sure he was going to be home or actually told him she was on her way really doesnt matter, in order for her plan to work he needed to be home.

Ive read where some do not understand why Travis would have sex with her or why she would have sex with Travis if her intention was to murder him or that she may have been trying to get him to change his mind about Cancun. I dont think there was ever a maybe if he changes his mind about Cancun she wont kill him plan. Plain and simple their whole relationship was based on sex. Travis wanted her for sex and had a hard time saying no (not unusual for men his age) and she knew how to control him by using sex. She needed this control for her plan to work. Does anyone really believe she was embarrassed by those photos - heck no and that is why having sex with him before the murder was of no significance to her it was just a means to an end. It put her in control. The nude photos before were just a way to get him to have those photos taken in the shower where she planned on the murder. A set up if you will.

Once in the shower her plan was always to kill by knife AND gun (she had both in the getaway car too)...a two person look alike murder to deflect away from her. The stabbings had to come first as why would they need to stab if the gun shot killed him first. (I also believe her final story of gunshot first, stabbing second was because she was led to believe thats what the coronor concluded and she needed to make a story based on the coronors report). I believe her plan was to stab Travis to death in the shower was to minimize the blood and minimize his ability to fight back and then shoot him in the head to make it look like 2 people killed him. Of course she didnt count on him being able to get up and out of the shower so thats where the over kill came in. It wasnt in her plan and so she panicked. She dragged him back to the shower and shot him in the head even tho he was dead to get back to her original plan.

The camera she had planned on all along and on deleting the photos. Her major flaw is that she really didnt know that photos could be recovered if you delete them. She bled on the camera and she knew she had to get the DNA off so she intentionally threw it in the bleach water along with the other stuff that had her DNA on it. She couldnt take the camera and nothing else, as that would seem very odd and since she considers herself to be a photographer the police may look at her if the camera was taken. She didnt think to take the memory card because she honestly didnt think she needed to since the photos were deleted.

Premeditated all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member