weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"She was found...hiding behind a Christmas tree."

I've tried googling what this story was about and all I get is links to Thomas Kinkade paintings and World of Christmas websites.

Can you please tell me what this story is about?

(thank you in advance).

Vigorous defense or trashing a man who was slaughtered?
Yes, it is a lot of baloney.

I agree. The DT is vigorously trying to mitigate her sentence by trashing Travis--which is abhorrent. That's why I could never be on that side of the fence.

From my post that prompted this response:
My original comment was meant to be more of a general legal concept on how and why a defense lawyer could defend someone she believes is guilty. I in no way endorse the tactics being used in this case...in fact, it makes me really pizzed. I guess I have faith that the jury will see right through it and punish her accordingly. :twocents:

But then I read anagrammy's post two above yours and agree that she enjoys being the smartest one in a group of less educated folks, including most inmates, and I'm back to wondering which she'd enjoy the least - the isolation of death row or mingling with her intellectual inferiors (in her mind) in the general prison population.

Oh, there is no question you're right about this. She loves the idea of being a big fish in a small pond. Nothing suits her personality profile better. Unfortunately for her, she is going to discover that there are many intelligent people in prison. She may have more competition than she expected.

It doesn't make sense. The bear/tiger question isn't equatable to Arias being attacked by a stranger vs. Travis. It's not logical. A juror who isn't reasoned by sound logic may be more willing to believe nonsense if they're compelled emotionally-- and if that's the case, it's more likely they'll hold up deliberations. Ever met someone who just believes something is true no matter what facts exist to the contrary? They're unshakable.

If I'm reading it right, it sounds like they think she has PTSD and buy what Dr. Samuels was selling, ie "trauma is trauma". If they think she has PTSD, it's more likely they don't believe her Borderline Diagnosis, and do believe her "fog" story. It's problematic.

But DD described all of the BPD symptoms that Jodi fits to a T,her stalking,breaking into Travis's FB,Emails etc etc..Hopefully this juror will look at the two-PTSD & BPD and realize its BPD that drove Jodi.I think thats how I want to word it..lol

Just so long as you're not outside in.

Or, like JA, peering out from inside the 'joint':
nancy-grace-visits-jodi-arias-jail-square-hln.jpg

Who's the chick in this photo wearing the prison jammies?

An inmate at the Estrella facility of the Maricopa County, AZ jail system.

I think Nancy Grace is the one on the left.

The one in the middle looks familiar...

Hey - what nonsense is this Sleuth?? You had better not stop posting or a great big gang of WSers will be showing up at your door.

Yes - we will stalk, if necessary. :floorlaugh:

Good luck. I don't have a doggie door. Boycie boy lets himself out with the doorknob. He can also drive and assists me in transcribing thirteenth-century Castliian manuscripts. And he's a great watchdog, so don't try the windows.

BBM

Did she ever mention the significance of sending 20 flowers? Seems like an odd number to pull out of the hat.

Wasn't Travis 20 when his father (mummum's son) died?

MEEE TOOO. And very often when I call out rude behavior, I'm accused of being a racist or something equally ridiculous. I don't care who you are or where you came from. If you're rude and tacky..I don't like you.

:yourock:

Good luck. I don't have a doggie door. Boycie boy lets himself out with the doorknob. He can also drive and assists me in transcribing thirteenth-century Castliian manuscripts. And he's a great watchdog, so don't try the windows.

I'll trade you dogs!..mine won't even eat unless I break up the kibbles into small bite size pieces. :(

BBM

Did she ever mention the significance of sending 20 flowers? Seems like an odd number to pull out of the hat.

“I sent 20 white Irises. Travis always told me that he liked the name Iris for a girl…He liked Ivan for a boy’s name. If I ever have a son, I’ll name him Alexander.” ~ Journaled by the lying torture-murderess

“I sent 20 white Irises. Travis always told me that he liked the name Iris for a girl…He liked Ivan for a boy’s name. If I ever have a son, I’ll name him Alexander.” ~ Journaled by the lying torture-murderess

This is why I'm a firm believer in surgical sterilization.

Thank you for your kind words, Anagrammy. Your posts are erudite and eloquent, and I have also gained a great deal from your point of view. Still, I find Katie's visible pain profoundly troubling, particularly in light of my tendency to be humorous at times.

I understand what you mean Sleuth, but there are times when humor is appropriate, and almost necessary, to alleviate the horror of what we're reading/seeing every day in this trial. This is the first time I've ever become this invested in the outcome of a trial, including the CA trial. Don't misunderstand me, I followed the CA trial closely but was not able to watch actual testimony throughout, and depended on the information I received online and through the media to keep up with the latest. With this trial I have followed testimony through the live feed right from day one, and it's been exhausting. I, for one, appreciate the levity provided from those here who are funny as he//, and can take my mind off of that horror occassionally and make me laugh.

It doesn't take away from the seriousness of what happened to Travis or the pain that his family is going through, but it does give me some escape from the constant stress I feel from watching this train wreck. I love your posts. :seeya:

I've tried googling what this story was about and all I get is links to Thomas Kinkade paintings and World of Christmas websites.

Can you please tell me what this story is about?

(thank you in advance).
TA had friends over for the holidays, some staying overnight. JA shows up unannounced. He told her there was no room for her. Later she snuck back in and was found by a roommate this next morning asleep under the Christmas tree. One of his friends, could have been the one who found her, told the story on an NG episode.

She admitted on the stand that she came up with that story because Det. Flores mentioned that it looked like the work of at least two people

Externalizing blame - a list of all JA's BPD examples in this case would be a yard long. If we included all the stuff kept out of the trial, the list would be the length of the 11' by 7' cell awaiting her on death row.

Did Jodi try to say the Xmas tree hiding was "not in evidence" or something?

Wasn't it one of TA's friends that was on NG who first came out with the Christmas tree story? She said JA invited herself to stay over, and he said there was no room. She also said they found JA curled up under the Christmas tree the next morning. Creepy is not even the word for that. No evidence of stalking behavior? Yeah, riiiiight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties