weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I'm a firm believer in surgical sterilization.

Me too.

Instruments should always be sterilized between surgical procedures.

Staph infections can sometimes be debilitating, even fatal.

Oh, wait. :waitasec:

You probably meant that JA should have a vasectomy. :giggle:

I know the confusion now with JA's PTSD. It doesn't stand for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, it stands for Planning To Stab Dates.

Thank you for your kind words, Anagrammy. Your posts are erudite and eloquent, and I have also gained a great deal from your point of view. Still, I find Katie's visible pain profoundly troubling, particularly in light of my tendency to be humorous at times.

We all use humor at times. It gets us thru the rough cases. Everyone understands and I find as time goes on you get to know posters well enough to know where they are coming from. You have much to contribute here. Please stay. I always enjoy your posts. I have found those posters who have raw pain really do appreciate a laugh.

After some thought I think Jodi never waivered in her mission to murder Travis. Right after the May 25th marathon IM/text/call she decided to kill him. From then on it was plan...plan...plan until June. We all know the pre murder measures to not be detected she divised and carried out. Whether she called Travis to make sure he was going to be home or actually told him she was on her way really doesnt matter, in order for her plan to work he needed to be home.

Ive read where some do not understand why Travis would have sex with her or why she would have sex with Travis if her intention was to murder him or that she may have been trying to get him to change his mind about Cancun. I dont think there was ever a maybe if he changes his mind about Cancun she wont kill him plan. Plain and simple their whole relationship was based on sex. Travis wanted her for sex and had a hard time saying no (not unusual for men his age) and she knew how to control him by using sex. She needed this control for her plan to work. Does anyone really believe she was embarrassed by those photos - heck no and that is why having sex with him before the murder was of no significance to her it was just a means to an end. It put her in control. The nude photos before were just a way to get him to have those photos taken in the shower where she planned on the murder. A set up if you will.

Once in the shower her plan was always to kill by knife AND gun (she had both in the getaway car too)...a two person look alike murder to deflect away from her. The stabbings had to come first as why would they need to stab if the gun shot killed him first. (I also believe her final story of gunshot first, stabbing second was because she was led to believe thats what the coronor concluded and she needed to make a story based on the coronors report). I believe her plan was to stab Travis to death in the shower was to minimize the blood and minimize his ability to fight back and then shoot him in the head to make it look like 2 people killed him. Of course she didnt count on him being able to get up and out of the shower so thats where the over kill came in. It wasnt in her plan and so she panicked. She dragged him back to the shower and shot him in the head even tho he was dead to get back to her original plan.

The camera she had planned on all along and on deleting the photos. Her major flaw is that she really didnt know that photos could be recovered if you delete them. She bled on the camera and she knew she had to get the DNA off so she intentionally threw it in the bleach water along with the other stuff that had her DNA on it. She couldnt take the camera and nothing else, as that would seem very odd and since she considers herself to be a photographer the police may look at her if the camera was taken. She didnt think to take the memory card because she honestly didnt think she needed to since the photos were deleted.

OMG, I agree you are spot on!! I always felt like she had sex with him in order to take the sex pics that he wanted, so she could convince him to do what she wanted - the shower Calvin Klein pics. The stabbing was so noone would suspect her, that a "girl" could have done that. Only gunshot would have made her look much more suspicious. I agree the camera, she didn't know that the pics could be retrieved.

Also, with the camera I just watched the testimony where all the evidence recovered from the house was shown. I had not seen this part before, and I had heard that the camera was with the sheets, and so it could have been put in there "accidentally" when she was gathering up the sheets. However, after watching that testimony, it's CLEAR that the camera was put in there on purpose - it was in the washer with only other things used in the murder, like clothes and towel. Also the weight of those items would not be that much so that the camera could have been swept up when she was gathering them. I could understand that if it was with the sheets, but it wasn't.

I believe that after they had sex, she offered to put the sheets in the washer (which was part of her plan). Since she cleaned his house and generally wanted to please him, I can totally see her telling him "Hey honey, lemme take care of these sheets for ya, I'll just pop them into the washer so you don't have to do it later." So that took care of the sheets. She put them in the dryer before her killing began. Then after the killing, she gathered the clothes, towel, and camera and put them in the washer.

Can anyone clear these things up for me: why were there two sets of clothes in the washer...two shirts, one short, one pant...I was thinking she wore Travis' clothes but then remembered she was wearing her own pants in the pic of her dragging his body? So wouldn't there be only the one which he had taken off to take the shower? And what about why were there so many socks? Also, does anyone know what she did as far as shoes goes...I know there was one impression of her shoe...but why would she be wearing socks, and then put shoes on while she's just walking around in the blood in the bathroom, because she obviously would have had to take those shoes off again so she didn't track blood thru the house? And can anyone tell me if any of her fingerprints were found on any of the doorknobs in the house? If not, do you think she had put on gloves to do the after-murder things like clothes in washer and getting out of the house? I am confused as to these things, don't know if Det. Flores went into them but I didn't watch his testimony. Thanks ahead for the help!

I've tried googling what this story was about and all I get is links to Thomas Kinkade paintings and World of Christmas websites.

Can you please tell me what this story is about?

(thank you in advance).

My understanding is that Travis had an event at his house with a bunch of PPL people. Jodi made an *advertiser censored** of herself by showing up and announcing she was his "girlfriend". She didn't leave. She was told that there was nowhere for her to sleep. Undeterred, she slept under or behind the Christmas tree.

I haven't been smart enough to figure out how to upload images from my personal PC pics. Been dying to post my cat's cut off tail that looks like an extension cord. Anyone have those dummy instructions?

It's only Saturday and I'm going through Trial Withdrawal. Tuesday seems ages away. Trying to stay occupied but All I can think of is Walmart Gas Can Witness. Am I going crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina Frost View Post
ITA with everything you wrote here.

If there is anyone there who doesn't believe this is murder one after the stalking, the gas cans, the cell phone turned off, the car rental from Redding, the hair dying, the upside down license plate, the theft of the gun w/ the caliber matching the bullet taken from TA's head, the 29 stab wounds, the near decapitation, the shot to the head, the change of weapons, the defendant's hand print in a mixture of her blood and the blood of TA, the hair stuck in blood, the efforts to clean the crime scene, the photos she deleted from the camera that was thrown in the washer, the removal of the weapons from the scene, hooking up with RB after the murder....

Sending a dead man an email, a text, a phone call, sending TA's grandmother 20 irises, lying to the police and a 1000 other things, if after ALL that, a juror doesn't get it? Nothing will help.

If there is actually someone in that group who could be that unintelligent, oblivious and COMPLETELY void of ANY measure of common sense, there is no recourse on earth to obtain justice for anyone. Ever.

Yes! A million times yes.

Everything you listed here is why I don't quite understand the worry about some of the juror questions for Dr. Demarte. After rebuttal and closing arguments, when Juan has brought it back to premeditation and the actual crime, what Demarte, Sumuels or ALV said is not going to matter one bit. The crime scene photos, gas cans and the gun are all anyone should need to find her guilty of Murder 1.

This is all Juan really needs for his closing argument.
Angelina you are absolutely right. People are getting to worried about nothing.
She won't be set free no matter what and the defense and Jodi herself knows this.
The best Jodi can hope for is LWOP and her defense team knows this and are trying their best to keep her off death row.
That is all they are trying to do and they know the jury will not buy the self defense bit.
Who on this planet would want to be the juror who hung a jury, They would rather hang Jodi.
They all know she is guilty and her whole case is based on lies with a little bit of truth thrown in here and there.
I think some people are reading to much into this and that when it's not necessary.
Relax everyone Jodi will get her due penance.
It will all be coming to a head soon now then everyone can go finely it's over and she's in prison where she belongs.
Case Closed

Good luck. I don't have a doggie door. Boycie boy lets himself out with the doorknob. He can also drive and assists me in transcribing thirteenth-century Castliian manuscripts. And he's a great watchdog, so don't try the windows.

I don't believe the part about the doorknob.:truce:

Some of the clothes in the washer might have already been in the washer.

MEEE TOOO. And very often when I call out rude behavior, I'm accused of being a racist or something equally ridiculous. I don't care who you are or where you came from. If you're rude and tacky..I don't like you.

Why on earth would anyone think calling someone on rudeness is racist?

I can certainly appreciate that. But it's also at times like this that people like me (glued to my computer because I am too sick to write a lecture) begin t think that they should not be intruding into this space. I feel like a voyeur, and it's disturbing. Some of you have had such terrible tragedies that have caused you to be that much more vested in justice than do I. I actually may stop posting, out of respect for people like you who really should be heard by as wide an audience as possible.

I don't think it is an intrusion at all. I also don't think it's voyeurism.

I can't speak for anyone else here but for me, everyone is sympathetic and hovering in the beginning when there is a tragedy. But then their own lives call and they move to the next thing while we remain "stuck."

People think you should stop "dwelling" on it because "these things happen and there's no reason" and they don't want to talk about it anymore and they really don't want YOU to talk about it anymore. They've moved on and they think you should, too.

In a place like this, no one expects you to pack up your grief, swallow your sorrow and get on with things. No matter how long it's been. You don't even have to talk about it. You just know that if you did bring it up, no one is going to hush you or rush to change the subject.

Quiet solidarity, I call it and if you're here it means you get it and you won't thin your lips in disapproval or wonder why we're attached to cases like this.

My .25 cos I think it's worth more than .02.

I'll trade you dogs!..mine won't even eat unless I break up the kibbles into small bite size pieces. :(

Mine doesn't want to go out until she hears Juan's voice rising to a cross exam crescendo, and then it has to be RIGHT NOW, THIS MINUTE!

Obviously because I'm sitting here posting away about everything under the sun, I am choosing to ignore the fact that I have many other things to do. It just doesn't feel natural not to be watching court theatrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties