weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was suggesting to him 2 people did it. Yes, she said she wasn't there as well. This was just what she was telling det. Flores about what MIGHT have happened to him, in her opinion.

So when she found out about the pictures and her DNA being there later, she merged her stories, sort of-----well, I WAS there but there were 2 intruders.

So BOOM. This IS the reason she took 2 weapons, which makes premeditation that much stronger!!!

OK…I get what you're saying now. She was helping Flores out with his investigation and was throwing out theories. What a sweetie! :puke:

She will die and it won't be from the needle.

When she dies, she will have the "secrets of the killing" with her and nobody will know what really happened on Jun4.

*intrigued*

What do you think her feverish little brain is plotting??

I'm not sure anyone really knew the extent of Jodi's capabilities. I mean... a lot of people have a friend with a crazy ex-boyfriend/girlfriend. I don't think it's a common thought that the crazy ex will actually become violent. I think we usually see this as a bad influence or factor in our friend's life, but wouldn't mentally jump to the concept that their life was in danger.

As for Travis.... especially because of his religious circle that was unaware of his sexual activities, he probably kept falling back to Jodi for sex and as someone else pointed out, thinking with the wrong head. I do find myself leaning towards the idea that Travis really didn't agree to have Jodi come to his house on June 4 and she snuck in at 4:00 am and once she was there and offering the goods, he didn't turn it down. It seems like things were really escalating between the two of them at the end of May and he really was done with her. Even his blog posts convey a resolve to focus on dating the "right" woman and a potential spouse. It is hard to say though and the only one who knows for sure is no longer with us.

I just think it's highly likely that even though Travis and his friends thought Jodi was "crazy", the idea that she was capable of murder was not something they considered seriously or they all would have been more careful and proactive. I don't think it is unusual to not jump to that conclusion.

I kinda agree with your post,but Travis had to know soon before his death,just what kind of person Jodi was.He made the statement to his pastor,if I don't show up for dinner & I am dead-Jodi did it.This statement is why I do not think he knew she was coming to his house & would have sex with her.The very fact Travis said to his pastor gives me chills.Then look what happened..he ended up dead!!

I enjoy the people on this site who provide so much information about the trial, videos, tibets of information that we miss and different opinions. However, some people just want to argue. :banghead:

I find sometimes I have to :rolleyes: and :ignore: from the keyboard....

Scroll and roll. It can definitely be your friend. :floorlaugh:

And I in turn (rudely inserting myself) see your point.

But I do find it slightly beyond friendly concern the measures they took to rid Travis of Jodi. FGS, he was a grown man. I don't think they had concern for Travis' safety at that point, they just thought she was unsuitable.

I dated a man when I was in my mid-twenties. He was hilarious: we shared a weird sense of humor, loved the same books, sports and hobbies. We really had a blast hanging out and just genuinely LIKED each other. Which is so important.

He was also 20 years older than me and an attorney. He was the only divorced guy in his social circle, and I was completely frozen out of that circle by the wives of his friends. I did not dress or act inappropriately, or behave standoffishly. I tried to be friendly and polite but the more parties and gatherings we attended together, the clearer it became that, as a 25-year-old professional student (lol) and waitress, I was not going to be acceptable as a girlfriend for their friend.

I didn't put him in an awkward position, I just broke things off saying I really had to focus on school and work more. :(

I think even well-meaning friends can sometimes overstep their boundaries and attempt to pressure another friend into doing something "or their own good".

Thankfully, I haven't got friends like those.

Now, if Travis' friends thought he was in danger, then that's another thing entirely. But my understanding is that they just found her to sexual and inappropriate . They had no idea of the murderous crazy at that point.

You can insert yourself at any point, and I would never think you're rude :). I know what you mean, and I think we've all had some kind of experience in a relationship where "his" friends didn't accept us into their inner circle. But I really think it was much more than that, at least with some of them. I think a few of his friends actually did think he was in danger (like Aubry Hiatt and her brother), but some may have just been meddling where they didn't belong.

Whatever their intentions were, I sure wish he would have listened. Maybe he'd be alive today if that were so.

I hope you're right. Of all the things she did (after she killed him), that to me is the worst.

I must say, though, the most shocking moment of this whole thing remains the fact that Gus Searcy found somebody to marry him. :drumroll:

Think how poor Jodi must feel!!! :great:

She will die and it won't be from the needle.

When she dies, she will have the "secrets of the killing" with her and nobody will know what really happened on Jun4.

can you tell me the lotto for the pick 6 in NJ.....TIA.

If anyone wants to hear JA speculating what happened in this phone interview, find the first part of day 2 with det. Flores. It's all great but start this part at about 32 minutes in. She really steers him that way even before that. About his only weapons being his 2 fists, the new punching bag he got, him being a wrestler, and about how hard he's been working out to get ready for Cancun.

Hi, this is the first time I've posted even though I've been lurking on here for a while. So hopefully I'm doing it right!
I just wanna say that after the juror questions yesterday, I am really starting to feel worried about one juror...this has been with me for some time because in the juror questions for every witness, there has always been at least one question that is, sorry to say, illogical and like someone wants to believe Jodi could have never done this or done on purpose.
Let me say that I started watching this trial when Jodi took the stand...before that I actually knew VERY little about it, so I feel like I was very unbiased in the beginning, much like the jurors. I actually BELIEVED Jodi during Nurmi's questioning! I had NO IDEA what the real story was, and that she was just acting and lying her way through it. So I feel like I came into this, as I said, with a blank slate like the jurors.
THAT ALL CHANGED once Juan took over. I completely did a 180, I began to see her manipulation, her lies, her act. I had caught onto her...from then on I became "biased" and feel like now I am VERY biased against her...I feel like every single word out of her mouth is a lie. So I keep thinking, since I was much like the jurors in my lack of information, they MUST be seeing what I saw!
I went back and started watching more testimony from the beginning of the trial that I had missed. One was the blood pattern expert...what got me VERY worried was the juror question about COULD THE PALMPRINT of Jodi have been left on the wall from some previous time? This, to me, was a question that was so out there...does that mean that the person is even doubting that JODI COMMITTED THE CRIME??? To me, this sounds like someone doesn't even want to believe she was even there or that she did it!! As I said I was not following the trial at the time, so I'm sure this was discussed on this forum at the time, but I missed all of that. But that really stuck with me. Then Juan went back and had the blood pattern expert EXPLAIN that it was Jodi's blood MIXED with Travis' blood...but WHY would someone need verification that it was HER palmprint????
Then there were also a handful of questions since then....like, could the camera have been moved by Travis because he picked it up after Jodi dropped it and was checking it while she was running away? DOES THIS QUESTION NOT WORRY OTHERS? It's like someone is just reaching for things to support what they ALREADY believe. This question goes against what really happened and EVEN WHAT JODI CLAIMS, because that would have given her enough time to run away!
Also the question that could Jodi have stabbed him after the gunshot due to the rage she felt inside from his previous abuse (or something like that, maybe it was could the overkill been because of her rage from the abuse?). This shows to me a, they believe Jodi's story that she shot him first, AND they believe he abused her. Other question was, could the overkill be because she was pouring out all her emotions at the time...I don't know if that was part of the last question or not. Then yesterday, what bothered me more than the tiger/bear question (which I can't tell which way it goes), were the CAMERA questions...it's as if someone wants to believe Jodi's story and feel like she put the camera in the washer because she was so frazzled by what had just happened, not as part of her PLANNING. To me, whether or not the camera was in the washer doesn't even matter...the fact that she DELETED the pics is what matters. So is one juror not willing to believe that deleting the pics show planning and ORGANIZATION? To me, Jodi didn't know that they could retrieve the pics...just like the rest of us, I had no idea...I thought if someone deleted pics that means they were removed from the memory card. Jodi claims to have more knowledge of cameras, but I DO NOT believe she knew anything more than the rest of us. So the fact of whether it was in the washer or not doesn't matter, but yet there were two or three questions about this and whether or not it indicates planning, which it CLEARLY does.
Okayyy...sorry this is so long. I just had to get this out there because now I'm really worried, I have been watching the trial daily and I don't know what I would do if it ends up in a hung jury or even life in prison, she deserves the death penalty. I'm worried about this one juror.

This could be a juror who likes playing the devil's advocate. She may be wanting to MAKE SURE that any possible excuse has been dealt with by a witness, so that she can cite testimony instead of her own opinion. This is a smart juror strategy for someone who is getting ready to advocate for her own position and wants all her arguments on the court record, therefore, strengthened.

I don't think you should worry. Jodi may believe in the Law of Attraction and I hope she gets exactly what she gave out in this case. I myself am a believer in the Law of Common Sense and Decency and I believe the jurors are too.

Yes, we know this, but back in the day it was the "woman" who got abused. There might be some old school jurors who think: "He's a man, he can defend himself." moo

BUT she IS NOT A DV victim! TRAVIS IS!

This could be a juror who likes playing the devil's advocate. She may be wanting to MAKE SURE that any possible excuse has been dealt with by a witness, so that she can cite testimony instead of her own opinion. This is a smart juror strategy for someone who is getting ready to advocate for her own position and wants all her arguments on the court record, therefore, strengthened.

I don't think you should worry. Jodi may believe in the Law of Attraction and I hope she gets exactly what she gave out in this case. I myself am a believer in the Law of Common Sense and Decency and I believe the jurors are too.

The problem with the justice system today is that it seems NOT to use common sense.

ITA. Pedophilia was the atomic bomb she got to throw at all the people who had "wronged" her. In the 1950's she would have said he was a Communist.

I'm still hopeful that JM will put somebody on the stand that will refute the pedophilia claim because it doesn't make sense. I think a lot of people feel that Jodi sprinkled the truth in with her lies, and it concerns me that this lie will have legs, so to speak. Not the jury, I'm not worried about them. It's all those people who don't follow the trial closely I worry about.

Sorry....but that Communist remark made me lol.....u got that right....that is exactly what and all she had to say...lol

I don't think she is one herself if that's what you're suggesting. But it wouldn't surprise me if she was sexually assaulted as a child. She has a lot of the hallmarks, imo.

I think that's going to be one of the big unanswered questions of this case. It certainly would make sense. I can't figure out why she hasn't brought it up -- even if it was a lie. It would get her a lot of sympathy. Perhaps she's saving it for her appeal.

Yes, we know this, but back in the day it was the "woman" who got abused. There might be some old school jurors who think: "He's a man, he can defend himself." moo

Bingo...I thought something similar. We know there are older persons on the jury so how is that a "jury of her peers"?

OK .. now this might be a little controversial, but that's fine. I have a little bit of an issue with how Jodi's behaviour was handled by the 'group', I understand that they didn't like her and LORD KNOWS they had good reason, but to simply yell at someone and tell them that you don't like them when they've just been dumped by your good friend is not the most compassionate way to deal with someone. I have an issue with that. Although I do understand the frustration that made Sky react that way.

Clearly Jodi was disturbed, I have never dealt with a person as extreme as Jodi, but I definitely have known a lot of girls who have gone completely loopy over a guy to the point of vindictiveness / stalking / tire slashing etc. And basically what was done was a kind of intervention, you know just all the rest of us (after discussing her behaviour) deciding on a combined message to drill into her head, and then began drilling it into her head! You know 'Stop all behaviour, you're making yourself crazy, you're making it worse, can you imagine what he thinks of you .. is that really how you want to be remembered AS THE BUNNY BOILER EX GIRLFRIEND?, stop writing about him, stop talking about him, stop thinking about him, behave your way out of this, etc etc etc' .... until they wake up to themselves.

Also Travis himself .. he kept sleeping with her! He knew more than anyone that it was bad, that she had it baaaaaaaaaad, did anyone in this group think of Jodi? Wouldn't a guy think 'maybe I should stop sleeping with this chick, because it's going to keep her in this unhealthy situation' .. I don't think that's too far fetched to think of men as capable of that, I've known many men who've stopped sleeping with women for just that reason.

It is the one thing that bothers me the most about Jodi's side of the story. That nobody had any compassion for her, and nobody went 'whoa, OK something's not right here, this is beyond the scope of normal, this girl has mental problems, we need to THINK CAREFULLY about how we handle this'.

You have a point, but if I recall correctly, Sky and Chris chastised Travis about his relationship with Jodi and they advised Jodi to stop seeing Travis--and they are not even her friends.

I'm not sure what "friends" Jodi actually has or which ones she told the truth to about this situation. I believe it's been said that Matt tried to get her out of the "abusive" relationship--but we know the abuse isn't true.

If her parents thought she was going to marry Travis, then they certainly didn't know the truth. If no one knows the truth of the relationship, then they can't do an intervention on Jodi's behalf.

That's exactly what men who are abused do think, they think if it comes to it I can take her on. Even years after the abuse is over and everyone has moved on.

I reads this morning court docs, that say she can't ever apologize or admit to anything because of her defense strategy. It would "conflict" with her "abuse" defense to ever accept blame. And also, the jurors should be told not to hold her "lack of remorse" into account during the sentencing phase, bc of her "abuse" story.

I know they filed a motion about this but she hasn't ruled on it, has she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth