weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all... Hope you're all having a great weekend! Is there Court Monday? heard a rumor. :drumroll:

The docket says so but it says there was trial last Friday too.

Yes, I think if Travis took the time to contact and or visit JA's Mom, the real story might have become apparent and this waste of life diverted. I believe as sharp as Travis was, the truth would have been understood.

I think that what you're suggesting is a possibility but not a probability.

I don't think that Jodi believes she has a problem. If someone doesn't believe they have a problem, how can you get them help?

Jodi's parents couldn't even get her to go to school let alone a psychologist. When they tried to discipline her they became branded as abusers. When they pushed the discipline she moved out. When they called the cops over the pot growing on the roof I think it was their cry for help with her.

IMOO, we need more education regarding the warning signs of mental illness. Most of us have no idea what to look for even when we live with someone that's sick. And many with mental health problems are able to convince you that they are sane and you are the one with the problem.

Respectfully BBM: Mental illness and personality disorders are two completely different conditions. There is no treatment or cure for what ails Jodi Arias. Her mother made the statement that she is bi-polar. Obviously Dr. Demarte thought otherwise. Jodi Arias is a dangerous psychopath/sociopath, and needs to be kept away from the rest of society so she never harms another human being. No treatment exists that would make that otherwise. Think about Ted Bundy...would he have benefitted from any kind of treatment?

There are psychopaths/sociopaths who can function within society, but I don't believe Jodi Arias is one of them. MOO. But I do agree with you that she, and she alone, is responsible for her actions.

Agreed. There is virtually no magic pill or any fast way to treat BPD. I have to maintain therapy weekly and go to support groups to keep myself relearning how to behave. my PTSD is obviously addressed differently and any depression I tend to feel - I address it separately too. I can see where her mom would think it's bi - polar disorder though. She was noticing Jodi's mood swings (highs/lows). That's not to say Jodi doesn't have Bi polar, but no one else has picked up on that so I'm guessing it's her BPD that they are seeing instead.

Her need for secrecy is a paranoia due to her mischievous and diabolical desires. She's living all these different lives (something very common with BPD) and didn't want the lives intermixing. I'm just mystified on why she's NOT a self harmer, addict or sex worker! She doesn't have an ED or anything... and so that makes me question if she's not BPD in true sense of the term. She lacks some very common themes we are plagued with.

I want to know when I am faced with people with personality disorders so that, if I am faced with a Jodi or someone like my friend's friend, I don't feel like it's my fault for not wanting to associate with them anymore. And, maybe I can get them out of my life before it gets to the point of my yelling at them about it.

I hope the above made sense. lol

Makes sense to me! Unfortunately, if you're kind to a fault and never call anyone on their BS they will flock to you. If you point out to them that they are the source of their own problems, and refuse to aide them when they come to you with their drama- they will leave you alone. Just watch out for the self involved drama queens and you'll be fine.
Jodi didn't care about Travis's friends, she didn't want to know them. If she could have, she'd screw up any friendship he had that took that any energy or resources away from her. She just didn't ever get her claws in deep enough.

Jodi never sought help because she is TRULY CRAZY. Crazy people don't think they are crazy. She thinks she's fine and everyone else is wrong. This isn't BPD this is flat out insanity.

ITA

Chris Hughes tweeted yesterday that Jodi lied to them about how Travis treated her. That was why they sent the email to Travis.

Once they knew what Jodi was, they came to his defense and wanted her out of their house and his life.

Chris said Sky called Jodi a sociopath years before he saw it.

I think this is normal that some people can read and see through people more than others. Intuition maybe? Or maybe the women could see through Jodi more than the men. You know, the men were blinded by her looks and body.

When this trial is over and all the emails, texts and journals are revealed, I believe we will be shocked at what Travis and his friends knew about her.

Exactly. That's why her rage at Jodi came as no surprise to me. I think they were probably all relieved that Travis was finally DONE with her and was getting her out of his life for good. Most or all of his friends seemed to see her for what she was long before he did.

The one issue that troubles me about this case is JA was understood by her lover Travis and her friends as being different. She did things that were not normal. Yet she was used as a three hole wonder.
Who is responsible here? Did Travis ever meet JA's parents? Was anyone ever contacted when JA's behavior became symptomatic? JA was a perfect storm ready to erupt having a relationship go terribly wrong.
To sit back after the fact and call her a monster and all the names I have heard doesn't solve this problem.

You don't leave any room for anyone but JA to be flawed. The way that people dealt with and handled JA wasn't perfect. It would have been best for Travis to recognize what was going on with her and to truly cut off ties with her, but he also had his issues with relationships and probably couldn't truly see JA or the relationship for what it really was.

I don't know what any of that has to do with him being murdered, however. It's not an excuse.

So if a woman is willing to behave like a sex slave then by all means take advantage of it? No thanks. I have a daughter and I would love to meet the 'boyfriend' that knicknamed her the three hole wonder.

We are talking about the defendant and as I said she made her choices. IMO she was not a sex slave and was not taken advantage of at all, she was a willing participant.

I have a daughter also and she would never allow herself to be spoken to in that manner so I would never have to meet such a "boyfriend".

I did not see it for JA case though until 4/23

If there is anything on the docket for JA on Monday, it won't include the jury. The judge specifically told the jury no court on Friday or Monday, and to return to court at 9:30 on Tuesday...

BBM

What flaws do you think he had? only what JA says?? To me, he was just a normal, single, 30 yr old.

What really kills me is that Travis said in one of his blogs (?) that this was going to be the "best year yet" for him. Makes me cry.

Hun we all have flaws...I DO NOT take anything JA said about Travis as real so I don't think he meant to say flaws pointed out by JA...I would like to assume he meant flaws in general. =) just my :twocents:

The one issue that troubles me about this case is JA was understood by her lover Travis and her friends as being different. She did things that were not normal. Yet she was used as a three hole wonder.
Who is responsible here? Did Travis ever meet JA's parents? Was anyone ever contacted when JA's behavior became symptomatic? JA was a perfect storm ready to erupt having a relationship go terribly wrong.
To sit back after the fact and call her a monster and all the names I have heard doesn't solve this problem.

But his friends weren't in the relationship. If a guy is seeing a girl his friends don't like, he may try to run interference but if that doesn't work and he isn't really serious about her anyway, he probably wouldn't give it a lot of credence.

She absolutely did things that weren't normal but that isn't the responsibility of his friends to address it with her.

There are many things that could have been done at some point in Jodi's life. Everyone is in the same boat at this point so no need to shoot at each other.

The fact remains that Jodi was an adult and she made her own decisions. As did Travis. For whatever reason, the two continued to collide until Travis reached his breaking point.

He can't be blamed for his own murder. And anyone who butchers a man the way she did and immediately started creating an alibi and living her life as usual (even her mother said Jodi's behavior was "normal" after the murder) with her only worry being that she is going to "miss out on the things in her life that she always wanted to do" as a result of her crime is indeed a monster.

JMO

I would sure like to read the letter ja sent to ta's gm and family. What did she say to fill 18 pages? What lies ? Moo

droid

I just hope it wasn't 'de-edifying' or 'sort of contemporaneous with' the Law of Distraction.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/07/retarded_german_killer_rudi_ap.php

I gave a 90 min interview yesterday that had me and the reporter in tears. Yes I'm resting and yes our case is up in my face right now and instead of stuffing my feelings,down, I speak out. Otherwise I sincerely might lose my damn mind.

he looks retarded, picture of him on dating site =gross, i'm not surprised tho he won't get out, that's just worst case scenario you won ! i bet he on the bubbacot dating game behind bars instead of deathrow where he has alot of sympathizers attention . now he got a diff kind o attention, good.

You can't use the willing. JA is responsible for her behavior and whether or not she chose to get help for whatever issues she had. She was an adult. Travis was not obligated to meet Jodi's parents for any reason. Implying that she had no control and simply "erupted" is silly given the amount of premeditation we know about.

Exactly, JA is responsible for her behavior. Not behavior you would like around your family I would wager. Everything is not black and white. Sometimes it requires a little homework, a little research to see the complete picture. If Travis spent a week, if he was really interested, to meet and greet, all of this could have been avoided.

I think this is a cautionary tale on all sides of the experience, and the final analysis should go beyond what was wrong with Jodi, it should extend to how people react and deal with someone like Jodi so that people are educated in general about how situations like this can result in such tragedy, and how it can be avoided.

Very well said. Thanks, Mrs. G!

Everyone who graduates from medical school is called "Doctor." But there's huge difference between #1 and #297. Dr. D was obviously closer to #1 than #297. ALV was more like #296.

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with you on this. I would much prefer a doctor who is more current with the recent studies/practices than one who is still totally ingrained in the practices of years gone by. It was obvious that ALV still held on to the same mantras she did when she started in her field back in the 1970's.

Dr. Demarte should be judged on her knowledge in her profession, not her age. She has earned her title of "Doctor", it wasn't just handed to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth