weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: @ me having to go get a tissue to blow my pecker aka nose........
See that's the thing. Pecker can mean nose in this expression "keep your pecker up" which is more amusing based on the other answers coming through but I've never heard anyone use blow my pecker. Perhaps two times I've heard someone say 'my pecker hurts' when they were hit by a ball. Pecker may be used more regionally in different areas but not around here.

Nose?

I thought it was 'hooter' across the pond.

We have H(o)(o)ters here, too.

I know hooter can mean nose but I've never heard it here.

Bucky
jodi.jpg

That would explain the defendant's expression

Bucky beaver!

:woohoo:

OOOOOOOOOOOOO I am cracking up!!! Can you see her falling out in the floor.
Least it isn't Nurmi's chair!

I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face @ the thought of Nurmi tumbling to the ground, slouching the whole way........ TFF

I meant to introduce myself. I am a newbie on websleuths. My name is Megan and am from Indiana. I am banned from discussing the Arias trial from all my friends and family because they believe I need "Arias Trial" rehab..... what do they know lol ........... so I decided to join the discussion here. "Hello my name is Megan, and I am a Trial Addict."

:newhere:

The V sign with the palm facing the viewer is 'peace' the V sign the other way around is a FU same as middle finger, usually accompanied by saying 'UP YOURS MATE' or 'FU' :)
Yep, my British mom made sure I knew the difference! :giggle:

Idk if you're from the US, but a double bird in the US is both middle fingers up (both hands). To Americans everywhere, the second and middle finger up are either a peace sign or a meaningless hand signal thrown up in fb pics demonstrating that the person is chill and cool. Afaik, neither one of these people have been to Europe much less spent enough time there to pick up the nuances of foreign non-verbal communication.
Oh I didn't know that - thanks! The palm is face forward with peace and away with the other one.

I meant to introduce myself. I am a newbie on websleuths. My name is Megan and am from Indiana. I am banned from discussing the Arias trial from all my friends and family because they believe I need "Arias Trial" rehab..... what do they know lol ........... so I decided to join the discussion here. "Hello my name is Megan, and I am a Trial Addict."

Hi I am also a trial addict and have been told that I am totally obsessed with this trial.

Friends have banned me from speaking about it as well. You have come to the right place.

Welcome.

BTW this is not a 12 step program for trial addicts...you may get worse not better. Lol

Just had to share this video again for those who missed it. Kudos to the person who put this excellent video together.

Jodi Arias Trial: Justice for Travis - YouTube

These are the words to 'Sail', the song accompanying the video. And very fitting to JA.

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
Blame it on my A-D-D baby

This is how an angel dies
Blame it on my own sick pride

Sail, sail, sail, sail, sail

Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself (myself)

Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A-D-D baby

Sail, sail, sail, sail, sail

RIP Travis. Justice will be served. Thank you Juan.

Wow, absolutely amazing youtube video...never seen that one before. Tfs!

That is a fav song of mine as well...hopefully I won't think of JA when I hear it on the radio now!

Does anyone know if Jodi actually went to vocational school for - or at least had some sort of formal training in - photography? (not counting any high school class before she dropped out).. If not, how can she be honestly deemed a "photographer" by the media and the DT? It's such an exaggeration to the point where it's a lie. Like others mentioned...why not call her a model, too? How about a gardener (pot grower)? Why don't they call her what she really was...a murderous, gold-digging waitress...

I will NEVER, EVER forget when that story broke! We were watching the news and hubby literally jumped up and said I KNOW THAT GUY!. And I was like, huh? :floorlaugh: He said , honey that's the guy from the choc factory. I told him to go gather the paperwork and sure enough, we found 11 signatures. We burned them immediately, to honor the victims.

Good for you, Tulessa!!!

I think the camera in the washing machine was an accident. With Jodi's knowledge of cameras there is no reason why she would not have taken the camera and/or the memory card with her. She took all the other evidence. I think in her rush, the camera accidently got scooped up with the laundry she did. I think she ran around frantically trying to find it before she left but she ran out of time and had to leave without it.

Didn't take 'cause blood in cracks and crevices, hers and Travis'? So chucked it in the washer. Also, if she got pulled over it's easy to I.D.

Welcome to the forums, I also live in IN. :rocker:

so i am assuming the gun find near the hoover dam was a bust - i know that some times when they are doing searches in big bear 60 hwy and of angela crest hwy they always find things like that that aren't from the case they are searching for - i wish i could remember the case when they were looking for a missing person, and they found remains of 2 other ppl who were not related :(

What makes you think that JA would wanna screw?

Well, finally!!! I was waiting for someone to say it!!
icon10.gif

It looks to me like she unscrewed a screw (what else?) from the chair arm and put it in her notebook. And, IIRC, she has already been found to have hidden ball point or some type of pens, etc., up her shirt sleeve or somewhere. They apparently are only allowed to use the short "nub" pencils in the jailhouse since they would not be much of a weapon... A longer regular pencil could prolly kill or hurt someone -- anything with a pointed end.

Is she stashing something to make a weapon? Is she planning an escape or does she just want a weapon for someone she doesn't like, or could it be to barter for something else? A screw would be a good place to start for someone clever to fashion a weapon. We have all seen confiscated weapons in these "Lockup" or other programs to see lots of prisoner-made weapons, and they're pretty darn clever and some very dangerous-looking.

Yes, we see JA in her real self here, IMO. Such a good wifey example for some good, upstanding, honest and serious-minded Mormon husband. <---- no snark intended and no negative intended towards the LDS faith. Being serious here. Makes me wanna holler. :furious:

Rehabilitation chances for her? -- none that I can see. No rehab needed for DP prisoners or :behindbar LWOP's anyway....

Did anyone see that who could report it? I hate to sound like the new person in a company who says, "Well, when I was working at XXXXXX company, we did it this way..." but... In NC courtrooms, there is always at least one County Sheriff's deputy within 3 feet of the defendant -- at all times.

JA has already completed the transition over to a pure convict, :jail: IMO. Always thinking & planning.

Wild rambling & ranting here, folks, couldn't help it. I am so :pullhair: sick of that :pinocchio: woman & all she did. So much wrong to so many, and she saved her worst for one of the best men around. Grrrrrr.

:rant: Here ends mini-rant # 616.

Thanks for letting me vent.

:justice: for Travis Alexander and his brave, patient and hurting family.

The camera is a mystery to me, too. I've read lots of great ideas on both sides, posted my own on both sides, and I still can't really make it work either. I don't know if it was just a stupid accident or if she really thought it would work -- the best reasoning I've heard is that the severe cut on the "wonky" finger had left her blood all over that camera, and that as she was determined not to take it, she figured the bleach would destroy the DNA sure to be found in its many nooks and crannies.

The determined not to take it part, of course, relies on some obtuse notion that she would "immediately" be the suspect by virtue of being the "professional photographer" :puke: , not simply because every one of Travis' friends would -- and did -- immediately point the finger at her. Basically, it sounds like nutty reasoning. So hey, it could be true. We are talking about Jodi.

But I don't know...wish I could stop thinking about this stuff to the exclusion of everything else which is so much more important to my immediate well being.

:cow:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I COMPLETELY agree when you say, "But I don't know...wish I could stop thinking about this stuff to the exclusion of everything else which is so much more important to my immediate well being." This trial has consumed my entire life. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. I need to see who is up next, hoping they toast Arias as much as Demarte did. It's nuts, and so am I for letting it take me over.

Borndem I keep thinking she is gonna try to get someone else in the courtroom..she does seem to be building her arsenal. Imo

Did anyone watch the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie on TV tonight? It was called "Remember Sunday". It was about a guy that had an aneurism and it affected his HIPPOCAMPUS. It was a sweet movie. There will be an encore showing next Sunday night on ABC. I'm sure my sons would call it a chick-flick, but it was really good, IMO.

I can tell you now that if the guys memory problems were authentically portrayed, Jodi doesn't have a HIPPOCAMPUS problem. :twocents:

Originally Posted by gngr~snap
Still could happen that chair keeps leaning farther and farther back!

I'd even pay to see that happen LOL

:eek: Pleeeeeze no-o-o-o-o-o :noooo:-

That could delay the trial for a day or to if she is injured...:hand: .. :pullhair: ..:notgood: .. :tantrum:

Yes! Juan said something to the judge at one point (paraphrasing),"Judge maybe we can talk about that other question?"

To which she responded: "Approach, please."

What in heck IS the unasked question?? We need to knowwwwwww.

Curious, ain't it? We may only find out from ALV herself. JM won't do a book, all the hearing stuff will stay sealed til after Jodi gets the needle, but ALV will do much to get some sales on a new book - just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ