Weekend Discussion Thread 04/27-30/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I would like to apologize if these things have already been discussed, but I haven't had the time to keep up with all of the posts.

In yesterday's thread I believe it was Heliotrope who asked if there was a 'silent juror' in the courtroom, watching, observing and reporting back to legal counsel. I would imagine there might be, but, in a similar vein, why wouldn't the defense counsel have someone (or more than one) monitoring what is going on here on this board? ....checking out how we are responding to different evidence, out theories, etc. We would be like a shadow jury and they would have a window into our thoughts.

And, just a random thought, did we hear of many instances of "Mr. dance instructor" going out dancing?

I hope MR saw RS tell the press he didn't think he was man enough to testify. If I was falsely accused of a crime, nothing could stop me from telling the world. I guess we will see. JMO

I'm glad MTR got his trial. It meant he had to sit in the same room with RS and face him. Each day MTR went to his trial seeing RS would be a constant reminder to him of what a man does and what he did not do and those horrid things he did do. JMO I would think that MTR would feel very small in the same room with RS.

First off, I would like to apologize if these things have already been discussed, but I haven't had the time to keep up with all of the posts.

In yesterday's thread I believe it was Heliotrope who asked if there was a 'silent juror' in the courtroom, watching, observing and reporting back to legal counsel. I would imagine there might be, but, in a similar vein, why wouldn't the defense counsel have someone (or more than one) monitoring what is going on here on this board? ....checking out how we are responding to different evidence, out theories, etc. We would be like a shadow jury and they would have a window into our thoughts.

And, just a random thought, did we hear of many instances of "Mr. dance instructor" going out dancing?

oh joy! Maybe defense will present some dance video. Or better still, if MTR takes the stand maybe he will break out in some sort of dance. JMO

If you are familiar with a high profile case in the US where a mother was acquitted of murdering her daughter (CA), her lawyer admitted he did just that. He prowled social media looking for a defence theory that might work. He found out that people suggested her actions reminded them of a victim of abuse and the rest is history. Her father became the villain. JMO

I'm glad MTR got his trial. It meant he had to sit in the same room with RS and face him. Each day MTR went to his trial seeing RS would be a constant reminder to him of what a man does and what he did not do and those horrid things he did do. JMO I would think that MTR would feel very small in the same room with RS.

Not small enough to admit his part in one of the most cruel and inhumane crimes I have ever followed. There will never be a defence that will excuse him in my eyes. He is either a child rapist or coward. Either way an innocent child died as the result of his action or inaction. And don't get me wrong, I do believe he raped that poor girl. JMO

because we are known in their world as "armchair" detectives and we give them more laughs than anything else...that is if they even take the time to read these types of boards.. which I doubt any of the legal eagles do..they have more important things on their plate.. too bad though cause some on here are pretty perceptive..IMO....there is one reporter that I think reads these boards and gets some ideas...JMO

I have wondered throughout this for the past three years why we have not read anything about MR's upbringing and where he was originally from and where he was employed...we have read the whole life of TLM..even know where her stepfather lives etc. I wonder why the reporters did not seek out this info on MR...yes we have some idea but nothing concrete except what we have picked up during the trial..I find that very strange and wonder why..we kid about his various jobs especially the dance instructor but maybe he was ..we don't know for a fact that he wasn't...It just seems that his previous life before Jan 2009 is a hush hush and I don't think he just appeared at that time from under a turnip patch.... JMO

Not small enough to admit his part in one of the most cruel and inhumane crimes I have ever followed. There will never be a defence that will excuse him in my eyes. He is either a child rapist or coward. Either way an innocent child died as the result of his action or inaction. And don't get me wrong, I do believe he raped that poor girl. JMO

agrees. I do hope however it was uncomfortable as hell for him to have to sit in the same room with the father of the child he is accused of brutally murdering, raping and kidnapping. moo

agrees. I do hope however it was uncomfortable as hell for him to have to sit in the same room with the father of the child he is accused of brutally murdering, raping and kidnapping. moo

I would like to think that as well but to me anyone who could harm a child wouldn't think twice about the victim's parents. From the press's accounts, the only emotion he showed was not for the victim or her family, but an old flame. JMO

I hope MR saw RS tell the press he didn't think he was man enough to testify. If I was falsely accused of a crime, nothing could stop me from telling the world. I guess we will see. JMO
I wonder, hypothetically, if MR was to testify, is he permitted to watch all media coverage of the trial beforehand?

If you are familiar with a high profile case in the US where a mother was acquitted of murdering her daughter (CA), her lawyer admitted he did just that. He prowled social media looking for a defence theory that might work. He found out that people suggested her actions reminded them of a victim of abuse and the rest is history. Her father became the villain. JMO

Actually, radio host "Bubba The Love Sponge" aka Todd Clem outlined on his Florida based radio program shortly after CA became a suspect the theory the defense would use...

"No matter how outrageous, radio "shock-jocks" have often used the platform of their own shows to express their opinions.* And,*Bubba the Love Sponge, whose local*show originates from Tampa, Fl, proved, again, why he's one of the most infamous when he, recently, claimed it was*"his" ideas that formed the basis for Casey Anthony's new line of defense.

According to Bubba,*this week's revelations that Casey Anthony did not kill her daughter, Caylee, who she now claims drowned in the family swimming pool, as well as, the allegations that she was sexually abused by her Father and brother, came as no surprise to him, since he had predicted this defense during two different occasions, on his show, in 2010.* To hear the actual audio, go to Bubba's fan page at www.btls.com.

"None of the so-called "legal experts" on television predicted the route the defense would take", said Bubba.* "My strong opinions in this case reflect my ability to see through con-artists and manipulators like Casey Anthony.* I called the defense plan a year and a half ago and discussed it numerous times on my show.* To my listeners, Baez's defense theory is old news.* George Anthony should have cooperated with the state, now, he's solidly the scapegoat.* I knew that Casey would see her Father as the only way out."

You never know who is lurking, or listening for possible ideas or theories.

Actually, radio host "Bubba The Love Sponge" aka Todd Clem outlined on his Florida based radio program shortly after CA became a suspect the theory the defense would use...

"No matter how outrageous, radio "shock-jocks" have often used the platform of their own shows to express their opinions.* And,*Bubba the Love Sponge, whose local*show originates from Tampa, Fl, proved, again, why he's one of the most infamous when he, recently, claimed it was*"his" ideas that formed the basis for Casey Anthony's new line of defense.

According to Bubba,*this week's revelations that Casey Anthony did not kill her daughter, Caylee, who she now claims drowned in the family swimming pool, as well as, the allegations that she was sexually abused by her Father and brother, came as no surprise to him, since he had predicted this defense during two different occasions, on his show, in 2010.* To hear the actual audio, go to Bubba's fan page at www.btls.com.

"None of the so-called "legal experts" on television predicted the route the defense would take", said Bubba.* "My strong opinions in this case reflect my ability to see through con-artists and manipulators like Casey Anthony.* I called the defense plan a year and a half ago and discussed it numerous times on my show.* To my listeners, Baez's defense theory is old news.* George Anthony should have cooperated with the state, now, he's solidly the scapegoat.* I knew that Casey would see her Father as the only way out."

You never know who is lurking, or listening for possible ideas or theories.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. I saw the firm he hired to monitor social media interviewed. They analyzed twitter, blogs and facebook groups and decided that was the best theory to go with. Bubba may have started the whole thing! I wonder if that jury realizes that they were "played" JMO

I wonder, hypothetically, if MR was to testify, is he permitted to watch all media coverage of the trial beforehand?

I really don't know what his restrictions are. I assume he can watch the news? JMO

I didn't follow that case simply because I had no interest in it but I thought this article in Time explained to me why the crown lost... the crown couldn't prove any of their charges and that is why the jury came back with a not guilty...not saying myself that she was guilty or not guilty..can't really comment as I didn't follow but it just shows how jurors can react if the evidence it not there...also I noted that her character or lifestyle had no bearing on the outcome and was not considered...Understand now why the judge in MR's trial said what he did to the jury...

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2081590,00.html

I didn't follow that case simply because I had no interest in it but I thought this article in time explained to me why the crown lost... the crown couldn't prove any of their charges and that is why the jury came back with a not guilty...not saying myself that is was guilty or not guilty..can't really comment as I didn't follow but it just shows how jurors can react...

I watched every minute and read all of the discovery. I believe each of us is unique and we all have different thresholds of reasonable doubt. CA was responsible for the death of her daughter, no doubt in my mind. I refuse to let the process of decomposition interfere with MY common sense. I was so upset after they read the verdict that I visibly shook. I must be out of my mind to be following another trial! JMO

I didn't follow that case simply because I had no interest in it but I thought this article in Time explained to me why the crown lost... the crown couldn't prove any of their charges and that is why the jury came back with a not guilty...not saying myself that she was guilty or not guilty..can't really comment as I didn't follow but it just shows how jurors can react if the evidence it not there...also I noted that her character or lifestyle had no bearing on the outcome and was not considered...Understand now why the judge in MR's trial said what he did to the jury...

Here is an article that mirrors my thoughts on the CA trial. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ot-so-obvious-lessons-the-casey-anthony-trial

Prosecutors change into their "penguin" suits and gowns at the courthouse, then back into their street clothes when they leave. The penguin suit is a jacket with tails, specific type of pants ...

"In Canada, court dress is identical to that previously (pre-2008) in use in England, except that wigs are not worn. Bar jackets are worn under the gown, though QCs and Judges have more elaborate cuffs than other lawyers."

ref: wikipedia: court dress

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/William_Ballantine_Vanity_Fair_5_March_1870.jpg

except that photo was of the defense team ...

to the WS members that have attended this trial - did the defense lawyer Derstine have on a robe or was it just the prosecutor?

because I'm confused now about the formal dress in other criminal trials that I've been to at that courthouse because the prosecutor always had the robe on but I don't remember the defense lawyer wearing it (and, specifically know that he did not in one case in which I was personally involved)

[/COLOR][/B]

oh joy! Maybe defense will present some dance video. Or better still, if MTR takes the stand maybe he will break out in some sort of dance. JMO

"Jailhouse Rock" springs to mind ;)

except that photo was of the defense team ...

to the WS members that have attended this trial - did the defense lawyer Derstine have on a robe or was it just the prosecutor?

because I'm confused now about the formal dress in other criminal trials that I've been to at that courthouse because the prosecutor always had the robe on but I don't remember the defense lawyer wearing it (and, specifically know that he did not in one case in which I was personally involved)

maybe this will answer your question...also someone posted an artist drawing of the trial and both the crown and defence were wearing their gowns..

http://www.ojen.ca/sites/ojen.ca/fi...can visitor to Canadian Court eng updated.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx