Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid I cannot read the recent screenshots posted. Have tried turning my phone sideways, zooming and clicking.

Also, when I have used the forum the last couple of days, I get a message there is a problem with the security of the site. Entering te xt in the reply box has become slow and cumbersome. Also the reply box jumps out of sight every so often and the keyboard disappears from view every so often.

Do you use a VPN?

Yes, m8, that's what I meant!

Surely there must be smiley paks that contain more modern-feeling smileys? The only thing that bothers me is if there's too much repetitive motion in them, they're too large, and they take over a page. But I don't see anything to suggest that would happen here, so if you're just referring to the styling of the smileys then that sounds like a :cool: suggestion.

The current smileys are similar to what is available with my Xfinity email. I rarely use them but they're there if I want to add one or two to correspondence. I have never liked animated smileys :(

Yes, m8, that's what I meant!

Surely there must be smiley paks that contain more modern-feeling smileys? The only thing that bothers me is if there's too much repetitive motion in them, they're too large, and they take over a page. But I don't see anything to suggest that would happen here, so if you're just referring to the styling of the smileys then that sounds like a :cool: suggestion.

m8
giggle2-smiley.gif

Speaking of the 90's BBL GGP ::hugs::

Not AFAIK. Why?

In the event you are being warned for a true security issue here or elsewhere I would suggest that you use one and also beef up your protection in any other way that you are able overall. I use a VPN that is about $2.00 a month. VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK

In some cases I have been blocked from sites for using a VPN but very few, and in that case I just manually disable it if I need to.

I have seen several mention it, but I absolutely hate that big ad that pops up before the thread. Because it takes a few seconds to fully load and when I scroll, it happens to touch a spot it is loading in and now it thinks I have some random disease that I keep getting more ads for. And the video autoplay ads.... just no. Please. My typing right now is about 30 characters behind because the video playing is messing it up. Everything seemed normal for the first week or so, but now, we are back to ads that mess with function. Sorry, but its annoying and off putting.

I thought I was going to be ok with the ‘thanks’ changing to ‘like’ but now I’m really not so sure. It really gives me pause to ‘like’ a post that announces a death, a body found, a child missing...
Isn’t the ‘like’ just a word of text in the coding some place that could be replaced?!?

Ah TY for explaining. No I am not using a VPN - usually with a site I am unfamiliar with I don't proceed with using it if I get a security warning. With WS I am just selecting continue but wondering if it was because of those spam bots a few nights ago.

In the event you are being warned for a true security issue here or elsewhere I would suggest that you use one and also beef up your protection in any other way that you are
In the event you are being warned for a true security issue here or elsewhere I would suggest that you use one and also beef up your protection in any other way that you are able overall. I use a VPN that is about $2.00 a month. VIRTUAL PRIVATE inNETWORK

In some cases I have been blocked from sites for using a VPN but very few, and in that case I just manually disable it if I need to.

Last edited:
I have viewed the security certificate this time and it states the name doesnt mstch the name of the site.

I agree with those complaining about the ads and the videos playing at the bottom. Too busy and site too slow now.
(Fecking dating ad just jumped up the screen while I am typing this asking me if I am male or female)

I have viewed the security certificate this time and it states the name doesnt mstch the name of the site.

I agree with those complaining about the ads and the videos playing at the bottom. Too busy and site too slow now.
(Fecking dating ad just jumped up the screen while I am typing this asking me if I am male or female)

Agree too. I haven’t seen any response from Admin on the ads yet today. Maybe they are attempting to remedy it.

Not sure about anybody else but I've noticed the website is working much better today. The ad above the comment box is no longer there and I can scroll without it catching. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! :)

Not sure about anybody else but I've noticed the website is working much better today. The ad above the comment box is no longer there and I can scroll without it catching. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! :)

I was just coming to post the same thing! The dodgy ads have gone and it’s much better today. Thank you to whoever fixed it!

Are you using Internet Explorer? The long running script is an error message I used to get all the time and still do when I switch back to IE.
I use Firefox now and have hardly any problems like I had with IE.
I did notice yesterday that I timed out here and couldn't get to the next page.Only happened once and so far seems okay.

Yes, I use IE but I've been using it ever since I joined WS in April 2014. I've tried Firefox and don't like it.

I've spent a few hours looking for a solution to the problem and tried several things but all have been unsuccessful. While the ads haven't posed any problems for me, I'm wondering if the live or moving ads are the culprit. I even had a problem logging in and once again I've had to resort to typing this post on Notepad as half the letters didn't appear, I got the long -running script message and was then thrown off the site!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025