Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is confusing to me how does something make a battery hotter and something less hot my understanding is on is on and off is off

can someone explain why one platform would do that more than another

how does a battery know what site someone is on??

A car would not overheat on 5th street but does on 6th street

i am not understanding something here
Fifth street goes downhill and is paved. Sixth street goes sharply uphill in sticky mud.

I never had any problems with Firefox before this and it is only happening on Websleuths.
I have Chrome but I don't like it, lol. I think others have posted in this thread that Chrome is kicking them off too.
I didn't get kicked off in Chrome but I had everything else. The site wasn't usable for me with it.

I didn't get kicked off in Chrome but I had everything else. The site wasn't usable for me with it.

Thanks, I amended my post to say others have reported Chrome giving them problems too. I'm not always getting "kicked off" but sometimes the page just sits and loads for a really long time when I try to post. I'm never sure if a post will go through without an issue or not. This didn't start happening for me until around the time others started reporting issues with video ads and spammy type ads. I haven't had any issues with ads at all though.

Fifth street goes downhill and is paved. Sixth street goes sharply uphill in sticky mud.

Sitting in traffic on a boiling hot day and my car overheats. Constantly playing vids while browsing a forum must be similar on some devices. Personally mine doesn't heat up but freezes up in the middle of me typing a post and it then becomes impossible to complete the post so I just press post reply and edit if necessary. Often, if I get an alert on the screen while posting that seems to cause it. This post was ok. Previous post it happened.
Tags: ranch is still there on bottom left of screen continually.

Last edited:
I see it too. Maybe when anyone is tagged their name shows up there? Testing by tagging you @Shiressleuth
OK this is so weird. I am the one who tagged Ranch yesterday. It should not have shown up on everyone's tag. Plus, I can't get rid of it. OK. adding it to the list of things being worked on.

OK this is so weird. I am the one who tagged Ranch yesterday. It should not have shown up on everyone's tag. Plus, I can't get rid of it. OK. adding it to the list of things being worked on.

Down where the tag is, beside "Ranch", I clicked on Edit and where you see Ranch's name, there is a tiny X in the upper right hand corner. I clicked the X and Ranch is no longer tagged on my screen. Hopefully it removed it from everyone else's.

Down where the tag is, beside "Ranch", I clicked on Edit and where you see Ranch's name, there is a tiny X in the upper right hand corner. I clicked the X and Ranch is no longer tagged on my screen. Hopefully it removed it from everyone else's.

It's gone now. So do only mods have the permission to tag threads? This link shows how to edit tags: XF 1.5 - Thread Tagging

But I don't see those options to edit or add tags on my screen. Just curious if this will be an option for users to be able to add thread tags in the future.

It's gone now. So do only mods have the permission to tag threads? This link shows how to edit tags: XF 1.5 - Thread Tagging

But I don't see those options to edit or add tags on my screen. Just curious if this will be an option for users to be able to add thread tags in the future.

Could be that's it is currently set up just for mods, but something that Tricia and Dave will figure out in the near future. I notice in the XF link you provided, there is a section called Tagging Permissions. I'm certainly not technie, but IMO it sounds like just some settings need tweaking (whether by Dave or other staff, not sure).

I have no Ads at all today. But I think the various woes not having anything to do with Safari, Apple, IPhone, IPad, Chrome, Firefox, Pc, Samsung, Google have been consistent.

I'm rather frustrated with this new format. A lot of the bells and whistles appear to be gone, or so hidden, I can't find them maybe.

1. Why is it asking me for a URL when I want to attach a picture? Where's the option the browse and upload? I don't have a URL for a picture. So what gives there? How do I post a picture now?

2. Also, what does the new quotes button looking like now? I like to snip and quote from articles a lot. I'm not finding it.

3. Where are all the emoticons? Trivial, but I still enjoyed them.

4. I wasn't attached to my previous blog post, but is there no more option to blog in the future? I recall Tricia said something about blogs.

5. I'm noticing less posts and comments, too. But that could be the learning curve.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

I'm rather frustrated with this new format. A lot of the bells and whistles appear to be gone, or so hidden, I can't find them maybe.

1. Why is it asking me for a URL when I want to attach a picture? Where's the option the browse and upload? I don't have a URL for a picture. So what gives there? How do I post a picture now?

2. Also, what does the new quotes button looking like now? I like to snip and quote from articles a lot. I'm not finding it.

4. I wasn't attached to my previous blog post, but is there no more option to blog in the future? I recall Tricia said something about blogs.

5. I'm noticing less posts and comments, too. But that could be the learning curve.

1) Try clicking "upload a file" instead of inserting an image.

2) See attached pic... click "insert" and then you'll see the option for quote.

HTH!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 5

1. To upload a photo select the "Upload a File" button. It is under the reply box next the "post reply" button.

2. To quote select the little icon that looks like a page with lines and an "I" on it. It will say "insert" when you hover over it. Select that and a drop down will appear with 4 options, choose quote and two quote things will appear like this (without spaces): [ QUOTE ]Copy and paste your text here[ / QUOTE ] Another way is to highlight the text you want to quote and then select the insert icon and chose quote.

3. I miss them too. This sad face :( does not look sad enough to me to convey what I want to say. It kind of feels like a mocking sad face instead of a genuine sad face. But I'm still using it because I got used to typing the symbols for it ; ) Yes it's trivial and interpretations may vary but it's an issue that still bugs me too.

4. I haven't seen anything about bringing back blogging.

5. I'm noticing some regular posters who never came back at all after the change over. I think they used tapatalk and either never realized that option was going away or decided it wasn't worth coming back if tapatalk wasn't going to be an option (Hopefully they haven't been thinking WS is down all this time).

OK The tag issue with Ranch is my fault. Fixing now. Nothing to see here. Move along please or I will call crowd control. I will by golly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0