Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't complained/commented lately because I don't know how to explain the issues and can't screen shot frozen screens and l..a..g.. But it is still happening, every day, just like the last. I have ads everywhere and get a lot of "bad certificate" messages. Most frustrating though is the lag and freezing, and it affects other programs I am running. I should not have to be a tech wizard or adjust settings. I'm still here but it's just not the same...

I'm rather frustrated with this new format. A lot of the bells and whistles appear to be gone, or so hidden, I can't find them maybe.

1. Why is it asking me for a URL when I want to attach a picture? Where's the option the browse and upload? I don't have a URL for a picture. So what gives there? How do I post a picture now?

To upload a picture, I just "drag and drop". Much easier!!

Sometimes they don't drag and drop, so I hover over the picture, right click, "copy image address", then open up the picture icon and paste in there.

I have yet to have any problems uploading pictures either way.

1. To upload a photo select the "Upload a File" button. It is under the reply box next the "post reply" button.

2. To quote select the little icon that looks like a page with lines and an "I" on it. It will say "insert" when you hover over it. Select that and a drop down will appear with 4 options, choose quote and two quote things will appear like this (without spaces): [ QUOTE ]Copy and paste your text here[ / QUOTE ] Another way is to highlight the text you want to quote and then select the insert icon and chose quote.

3. I miss them too. This sad face :( does not look sad enough to me to convey what I want to say. It kind of feels like a mocking sad face instead of a genuine sad face. But I'm still using it because I got used to typing the symbols for it ; ) Yes it's trivial and interpretations may vary but it's an issue that still bugs me too.

4. I haven't seen anything about bringing back blogging.

5. I'm noticing some regular posters who never came back at all after the change over. I think they used tapatalk and either never realized that option was going away or decided it wasn't worth coming back if tapatalk wasn't going to be an option (Hopefully they haven't been thinking WS is down all this time).

Thank you so much, Gardener!!

I'm glad someone's got this figured out.
I see the upload button now. I was clicking on the picture icon.
I found the quote option
I wasn't big into blogging but liked the option in case the mood struck me.
Thanks again!

Attention My Darling Websleuths Members,

We have removed what we believed were the problem videos. We think these videos were causing the battery drain and the lag time when trying to post.

If you are still experiencing these issues please post here exactly what is happening. What time it happened and on what thread.

Remember, if you get timed out please take a screenshot and give us the exact time this happened. You can email me the info at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

If anyone is having major issues please post the description as clean as possible. Meaning the facts just the facts Ma'am or Sir.

I know we are having issues with the capitalizations and a few other problems. We will get to those as soon as we can but what I am looking for are the big problems that are making it difficult for you to post and/or read.

Thank you, my sweet angels.

Tricia

:eek:
(We really need a floor-rolling smilie hint hint)
rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif

Copy/paste - yahoo smileys emoticons | Emoticoner.com | Page 2

ETA Or drag and drop from new window

Last edited:
I think there is a bug. I would reply to someone's post, the quote would be at the top, and then the quote wasn't there after I pushed reply to post. I had to delete the one, that I had caught since it wouldn't go. And, I guess a MOD caught one of my posts where this had occurred and deleted it. Did anyone else have this issue?

I think there is a bug. I would reply to someone's post, the quote would be at the top, and then the quote wasn't there after I pushed reply to post. I had to delete the one, that I had caught since it wouldn't go. And, I guess a MOD caught one of my posts where this had occurred and deleted it. Did anyone else have this issue?
Yes this has happened to me a couple of times.

Could be that's it is currently set up just for mods, but something that Tricia and Dave will figure out in the near future. I notice in the XF link you provided, there is a section called Tagging Permissions. I'm certainly not technie, but IMO it sounds like just some settings need tweaking (whether by Dave or other staff, not sure).

mods tricia

how hard has this been for you all?

is your control page wildly different than the old one for you

what are some of the things that have been strange on your end

when you guys issue an alert one was your thread don't remember has been moved or whatever are those individually typed on your end or like a choice you just click on??

I was wondering like I wonder if on a lot of siye that use this are there like a list of things that folks do on any website

I'm rather frustrated with this new format. A lot of the bells and whistles appear to be gone, or so hidden, I can't find them maybe.

1. Why is it asking me for a URL when I want to attach a picture? Where's the option the browse and upload? I don't have a URL for a picture. So what gives there? How do I post a picture now?

2. Also, what does the new quotes button looking like now? I like to snip and quote from articles a lot. I'm not finding it.

3. Where are all the emoticons? Trivial, but I still enjoyed them.

4. I wasn't attached to my previous blog post, but is there no more option to blog in the future? I recall Tricia said something about blogs.

5. I'm noticing less posts and comments, too. But that could be the learning curve.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

i have pondered if it counts differently that bots stuff creeps me out it reminds me of russia !!!!

this is confusing to me how does something make a battery hotter and something less hot my understanding is on is on and off is off

can someone explain why one platform would do that more than another

how does a battery know what site someone is on?

The site is using too much processor power and causing the device to overheat. Some processors will be able to handle it, slower processors will crash and burn.

2. Also, what does the new quotes button looking like now? I like to snip and quote from articles a lot. I'm not finding it.

3. Where are all the emoticons? Trivial, but I still enjoyed them.

4. I wasn't attached to my previous blog post, but is there no more option to blog in the future? I recall Tricia said something about blogs.

5. I'm noticing less posts and comments, too. But that could be the learning curve.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

1. You need to upload the image to an image hosting site. Then get the URL from there and post it here.

2. At first I couldn't find it either. Click on the insert icon. Second row forth icon. You should see the option for Quote there.

3. Second row first icon.

4. Blogs are gone and deleted.

5. I noticed that too.

1. You need to upload the image to an image hosting site. Then get the URL from there and post it here.

2. At first I couldn't find it either. Click on the insert icon. Second row forth icon. You should see the option for Quote there.

3. Second row first icon.

4. Blogs are gone and deleted.

5. I noticed that too.

BBM:
That's one way but an image hosting site isn't necessary to upload an image. I just use the "Upload a File" button at the bottom of the reply box. Like this deer from my files;

I__00002.JPG

And this image of the reply box;

reply.jpg

:eek:
(We really need a floor-rolling smilie hint hint)

i don't use those things but i found it funny as well

it was the "golly"

I have put Trisha on a three day TO for tagging have no clue what any of this means and have been both amazed and interested the way you all talk with each other about all this

you all are sophisticated and then i tell myself i have known i am a dinosaur BUT I am curious person close to starting a poll!! I love polls so interesting

is overall most of the stuff you all are experiencing only on all your tech stuff as opposed to old fashioned desktop

then i wonder if it is i have not tried 85 percent of the stuff you all are trying or have done or want to do!!

but you all have a language like a lot of you understand what another poster is talking about experianing wanting to do etc etc

the learning curve resulted in anxiety but i love this thing! The history ( I am sure there are some of you that think oh darn could have shut him up_ but that little green dot that takes you to unread is awesome

you all have no idea how it was to have to scroll all over any thread to find where I left off!! after several years I discovered that I could make it last post first that helped a lot but resulted in some TO cause I started at the top and did not see a warning until after i had been doing them after a mod or trisha posted not to!!

you guys apparently knew that the old one had it i did not

the white is much better more contrast i find the tiny orange things ( like post number) hard to see but all the other stuff it is crisper for me.

Now ! I do have it (old one too) on blown up

I miss knowing who is on each thread tho!!

squirrel - I don't have any idea how to do the multi quote either so i just thought i will just cut and paste em!!

Do you all PM less on this one?? I do for some reason!

Need some help - I'm trying to find a thread for Curtis James Oakes 6 mos in Alabama. Found in a freezer. I can't find my book mark for this case. My search results says nothing found.... but I know I was reading it the other day! :(

Need some help - I'm trying to find a thread for Curtis James Oakes 6 mos in Alabama. Found in a freezer. I can't find my book mark for this case. My search results says nothing found.... but I know I was reading it the other day! :(
I don't see any thread for it. It looks like one needs to be started.

I couldn't find anything either when doing an internal search here so I then went all the way out to Google and did a search for - curtis oakes websleuths - and did not see any thread.

I couldn't find anything either when doing an internal search here so I then went all the way out to Google and did a search for - curtis oakes websleuths - and did not see any thread.

Now that is strange.... I know I was reading about it here. Oh wait.... I believe YESorNO posted on this, but there is NO WS thread.

Should I start one? Have not tried starting a new thread on this new format. But I can give it a shot. I can put it under "Crimes Against Children" form - yes?

Now that is strange.... I know I was reading about it here. Oh wait.... I believe YESorNO posted on this, but there is NO WS thread.

Should I start one? Have not tried starting a new thread on this new format. But I can give it a shot. I can put it under "Crimes Against Children" form - yes?
I've also seen him named in the media as Carlton Oakes. I don't know which is correct because I haven't looked into it.

Go ahead and post a new thread! If you want me to take a look at it after you post or have any questions, I can help! Yes, I agree, put it under Crimes against Children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces