Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAS ANYONE NOTICED A POSITIVE CHANGE IN THEIR EXPERIENCE ON WEBSLEUTHS? We have removed some video ads we feel was causing to slow the forum down and might have been contributing to the battery heating up issue.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed a change since the video ads were removed?

Tricia
if someone could please answer my question ^^...

HAS ANYONE NOTICED A POSITIVE CHANGE IN THEIR EXPERIENCE ON WEBSLEUTHS? We have removed some video ads we feel was causing to slow the forum down and might have been contributing to the battery heating up issue.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed a change since the video ads were removed?

Tricia

I am still getting the “there was a problem with the page so it had to reload” error which makes me lose anything I have typed out but not submitted. So I’ve been typing out responses in notepad and pasting them quickly before the page has a chance to refresh on its own. It’s not a huge deal but not the most convenient.

The biggest change in my experience here may not be directly related to technical issues, but on the broader spectrum maybe? Idk. That being said, I do feel like things have slowed down here a lot in the past couple weeks. Hopefully that’s a good thing and means less crime and missing persons, but even once very active threads that I followed only have new posts here and there. A couple threads I follow are still going strong - this thread being the main one - but for the most part I noticed a big lack of discussion and sleuthing on new cases/threads. I can only speak for myself, and I have ADHD so keep that in mind, but if I’m scrolling thru the list of new threads and I see I get an alert pop up on the side, I leave the page with new threads and click the alert, and may not come back to the page I was originally on for whatever reason.

Hope this doesn’t come across as negative or overly critical. I am just sharing my experience.

Eta - the reloading issue I’m referring to happens on my iPhone 7. It just happened again on this thread at 8:35 EST but I didn’t get a screen shot in time.

Last edited:
Same here but only on my phone. It just did it to me now and I lost the response I had typed out.

Yes, I’m on my phone when it happens. It literally just happened again. I’ve had issues on my PC as well but I use my PC way less than my phone, so I’m more inclined to notice when things happen while I’m using my iPhone.

I am still getting the “there was a problem with the page so it had to reload” error which makes me lose anything I have typed out but not submitted. So I’ve been typing out responses in notepad and pasting them quickly before the page has a chance to refresh on its own. It’s not a huge deal but not the most convenient.

The biggest change in my experience here may not be directly related to technical issues, but on the broader spectrum maybe? Idk. That being said, I do feel like things have slowed down here a lot in the past couple weeks. Hopefully that’s a good thing and means less crime and missing persons, but even once very active threads that I followed only have new posts here and there. A couple threads I follow are still going strong - this thread being the main one - but for the most part I noticed a big lack of discussion and sleuthing on new cases/threads. I can only speak for myself, and I have ADHD so keep that in mind, but if I’m scrolling thru the list of new threads and I see I get an alert pop up on the side, I leave the page with new threads and click the alert, and may not come back to the page I was originally on for whatever reason.

Hope this doesn’t come across as negative or overly critical. I am just sharing my experience.

Eta - the reloading issue I’m referring to happens on my iPhone 7. It just happened again on this thread at 8:35 EST but I didn’t get a screen shot in time.

I don't know anything about iPhones, but if they are like my iPad it seems after about a half-day I have filled up my history capacity and then some of these weird issues may start happening. Can you clear history/data on an iPhone? clearing and then restarting has always solved these similar problems for me on my iPads ... until my history gets too full again. Last thing at night I clear/restart for the next day. I suppose it is the same as going to settings/Safari and clearing it there?

I got the reloading issue a few times today and yesterday, but not since I cleared everything. And it wasn't just here at WS.

You didn't sound negative or critical at all. :)

I don't know anything about iPhones, but if they are like my iPad it seems after about a half-day I have filled up my history capacity and then some of these weird issues may start happening. Can you clear history/data on an iPhone? clearing and then restarting has always solved these similar problems for me on my iPads ... until my history gets too full again. Last thing at night I clear/restart for the next day. I suppose it is the same as going to settings/Safari and clearing it there?

I got the reloading issue a few times today and yesterday, but not since I cleared everything. And it wasn't just here at WS.

You didn't sound negative or critical at all. :)

I just typed out a long response to you but the page refreshed and I lost it. So to be quick. I’ve been clearing my history and cache regularly. It isn’t helping. I mainly visit the same few websites on my phone. Reddit and WS are the most frequent. Reddit never gives me a problem. It’s only here. So I don’t think it’s an issue with having too much history (I didn’t even know that was a thing!)

I agree with all that you have stated in regards to your change in experience. It’s hard to describe the lack of draw here now that was always present for the most part in the previous. Boring, flat, stagnant...a few words that come to mind but hopefully we can look to an identifiable reason for this.

While part of it has to do with the tech kinks, I feel the site navigation is driving the other. What exactly...I don’t know? It could be the difficulty in finding threads, having to go through pit stops versus direct, smaller font, no delete button, images are so tiny and others I can’t think of at the moment.

On the point of ‘font’ for an example: there was/is a member who can be easily identified by their writing style. You knew exactly who it was before seeing their name or avatar. As it is now everything looks the same, no differentiation.

It’s sorta like reading a magazine article, going on to the next, next and next with the same font and your eyes are in a boxed-in structure form. I’m not doing well in explaining it but trying.

The overall lure is definitely a change in my experience thus far.

Last edited:
"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded", is the message I'm getting every few minutes, so I need to be quick with my posts as well. I'm using an iPad so I'm wondering if it's mostly Apple products with the problem.

I still have two KFC ads that run constantly.

"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded", is the message I'm getting every few minutes, so I need to be quick with my posts as well. I'm using an iPad so I'm wondering if it's mostly Apple products with the problem.

Yes it’s happening to me constantly too. I am still getting video ads even though I thought they were gone for good? Attached is a screenshot of one of the ads I am getting. Also, my phone is taking it upon itself to autocorrect/autofinish words for me when I try to post.

Attachments

• 36AE01C7-2345-496C-BF4E-3BB65F037885.png
    36AE01C7-2345-496C-BF4E-3BB65F037885.png
    452.7 KB · Views: 16
My battery is draining again. I am having a big issue posting.. it just freezes and won’t let my type anything. I’m getting really frustrated. I find myself posting on this thread more than any others, so it doesn’t really make much sense to keep frustrating myself just to post in a thread about issues with the site instead of crime or MP case threads.

I'm on a Galaxy Tab using Chrome had been getting the same issue with reloading the past couple of weeks... thus far today it seems to be moving right along.

KFC ... peewhhwee.... Love that chicken from Popeyes :D

I logged on with my Samsung and I had one KFC video playing. Still no audio. I have no idea how to turn that on. Probably a good idea that the sound is always off.

Contractions: Can't , don't, etc. Seems to freak the potential post message space out. It freezes, or it starts backspacing, or slips the next few letters.
I .appreciate all the hard work going into this site & those working behind the scenes to keep us straight.

I want to make sure I am understanding. If you type "Can't, don't" and so on your computer starts to freak out and freeze or backspace?

When you get a pop-up ad we have to have a screenshot, the time of the ad and exactly where on the forum the ad is showing up so we can begin to figure out where these ads are coming from.
You can email me this info at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Keep in mind a pop-up ad on Websleuths does not mean it came from Websleuths. That is the frustration with these ads.
Are you using an Apple Product?
Thank you! Samsung phone & Samsung Tablet. Both Android, if it matters. I will take note of time & such .

Contractions: after I type an apostrophe the end results vary. It doesn' want to type the letter after the apostrophe. If I retry it takes off the letter after apostrohe and starts to freeze up.

Won'
Don't
Won't
Don'
Doesn't
Doesn'
Can't
Can'

So it varies. I have to go back a few timed to correctly type a contacted word. Those ^ were examples. May be just me & Samsung?

Thank you for your hard work.

Since the KFC girl eating chicken in bed video stopped things are better.

*I'm also old, so that factors in!

Last edited:
I've been looking for the audio on that ad for days. I would love to know what they're saying. :)
It makes the ad even more annoying to me because you can't hear what they are saying.

Makes it pretty useless too.

No video ads when I'm on my Windows 10 PC with the blocker turned off as an experiment.

I'm not sure why my phone has video ads but none are playing on my PC.

did they know in advance they wouldn't transfer? becuase honestly, i'm kinda pissed off about it...
Let me check with Dave first thing in the morning. We did give warnings about things that wouldn't transfer but I don't remember if this was one of them. Let me check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces