Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am noticing far less activity as far as comments on this new format, especially in the Missing forum.

I've noticed this too and I'm just a lurker! Most of it, at least for me, is that without the "mute a forum" button I am sadly now up to 246 individual posters I've had to ignore. On the old site I could simply mute the forum/thread not the poster (which makes so much more sense). *Sigh* Beatin' a dead horse, I know, but I really really miss the mute feature.

On the bright side though, other than a tiny bit of lag just now, I have not experienced any of the other problems mentioned here. Have never seen the first ad or video. I'm on a desktop or laptop (Microsoft Edge, Windows 10) and never on a phone. Flip phone users unite! ha ha! :p

Just a question not a problem. When you view a members profile, on some there’s a list of ‘profile posts’ these read to me like they should be private messages? Can someone explain whether this is the case? I’d hate to think of private messages coming up as profile posts since the switch over.

I think "converations" are private . "Profile posts" are the old messages - which I thought were private but seem not to be on this new system. Perhaps @Tricia can confirm for us.

Oh cool, that should work. Thanks!

I tried that but it is still something that requires another step. That may sound trite but it clearly changes the user experience. For those of us on the go that like to check in through out the day when we are in between task, I’m finding it to be a different experience all together. Not an enjoyable one. Questions to others are taking longer to get answers from because of this internal lag. This creates a lack of linear participation.

I’m not having issues with the tech stuff any longer which is great but this is another site topic regarding the interface flow that is equally important. The good things are very positive, unfortunately they don’t override this.

Here is one example relating to my above post. This is a post I made earlier on a different thread.

MY OUTGOING QUESTION:

“Thanks Niner, I’m so confused with the new order of things. And this is a good example.

Before all threads relating to any case were listed in order of the most recent forum posted activity, whatever the latest post was. Now it appears that when I pull up search results they are not in any order, just random. And it requires going through them to see the date, which isn’t very easy to see...it’s visibly small, very. It’s particularly difficult when it’s a case with several different threads. I don’t have the time to do that, nor do I want to.

So yesterday in the list of many threads the most recent post date was yours on this thread dated June 5.

Does that make sense? And if you have any suggestions or tips, I welcome them. I’m spending less time here as the days go by because I’m simply not enjoying the process” TIA

RESPONSE BACK TO ME:

@Gooddeeds - strange that it would show June 5th date. I'm just getting used to this "new" software too and am having problems with my "Watched Threads". You are not alone.... Sorry, but I have no suggestions or tips....

I believe the above exchange reflects part of what many of us are experiencing.

Thank you! Samsung phone & Samsung Tablet. Both Android, if it matters. I will take note of time & such .

Contractions: after I type an apostrophe the end results vary. It doesn' want to type the letter after the apostrophe. If I retry it takes off the letter after apostrohe and starts to freeze up.

Won'
Don't
Won't
Don'
Doesn't
Doesn'
Can't
Can'

So it varies. I have to go back a few timed to correctly type a contacted word. Those ^ were examples. May be just me & Samsung?

Thank you for your hard work.

Since the KFC girl eating chicken in bed video stopped things are better.

*I'm also old, so that factors in!

Dave is in contact with our Xen Foro expert who managed the actual transfer of the forum. Hopefully, he can fix this and explain what happened. This is just too weird.

I think "converations" are private . "Profile posts" are the old messages - which I thought were private but seem not to be on this new system. Perhaps @Tricia can confirm for us.

Yes that is correct. Your "Conversations" are like private messages at vBulletin. However, your profile posts have always been in the open for everyone to see. It was the same way back at vBulletin.

You can post a message to someone's profile page but everyone can read it if they click on the profile.

Hope this clears things up.

Tricia

I tried that but it is still something that requires another step. That may sound trite but it clearly changes the user experience. For those of us on the go that like to check in through out the day when we are in between task, I’m finding it to be a different experience all together. Not an enjoyable one. Questions to others are taking longer to get answers from because of this internal lag. This creates a lack of linear participation.

I’m not having issues with the tech stuff any longer which is great but this is another site topic regarding the interface flow that is equally important. The good things are very positive, unfortunately they don’t override this.

Questions are taking longer to answer because I am on the road and still running the forum. We do our best to answer as quick as we can but sometimes it might take up to a few days only because of my schedule.

This is all on me. I am very sorry that I have been lagging in my response time. I really am. I feel terrible because I would like to get all of these things cleared up as soon as possible.
Site just now logged me out for the first time ever (on the new software). I had the box ticked "stay logged in" on the log in page. I use a PC.
Tortise, I get the same thing. I actually log in as an administrator and then when I start to look around I am all of a sudden logged out.

Is this problem causing you issues when you post?

I am getting ready to drive back to Utah and won't be on the forum except via phone until Friday.

What I need from someone is a succinct description of the problem you are having with the Watched Threads.

Forgive me but I am having trouble processing exactly what is going on with this issue.

The search engine I understand and will have Dave look into it.

Thank you for your patience.
Tricia

By the way, the capitalization issue should be fixed very soon. I asked that you please do not abuse it by typing posts in all capital letters.

Thank you,
Tricia

Questions are taking longer to answer because I am on the road and still running the forum. We do our best to answer as quick as we can but sometimes it might take up to a few days only because of my schedule.

This is all on me. I am very sorry that I have been lagging in my response time. I really am. I feel terrible because I would like to get all of these things cleared up as soon as possible.

@Tricia, in this case I was referring to questions between members dialogue. Specifically the lag, and less posting that is taking place among us due to the shared frustrations.

I realize and appreciate the tremendous efforts on your part.

Tortise, I get the same thing. I actually log in as an administrator and then when I start to look around I am all of a sudden logged out.

Is this problem causing you issues when you post?
It's only happened to me that one time. The strange thing is it was when I clicked on your "click here" redirect to a new thread here, Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32 and the same thing happened to other site members when they clicked on it (they are saying they were logged out in posts in the new thread you created). See posts #64, #65, #82 and #100 in new thread quoted below

Marking my spot. I could get to this new thread by clicking on the "click here" supplied by Tricia, but I would be immediately logged out and the only option I was given was to join up as a new member. Probably something to do with my old computer.

I had the same problem when clicking on the link supplied in the last thread. I finally had to wait until someone replied to the new thread, then was able to get to it from the "New Posts" section. It never did show up in "New Threads". Tagging @Tricia for FYI.

I had to log in again but was able to use this handle and old pw

No, the forum's been updated for GDPR compliance (I hope I got the acronym correct). People in the EU have to have the option to either agree to accept cookies or not, and they had to log everyone out as part of the process of ensuring compliance....

At least that's my conjecture based on what just happened to me. Maybe there's a note about it in the Welcome to the Forum section?

Found Deceased - Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Another session just timed-out on me for 3-4 minutes exactly 8 minutes ago - see screenshot below, same as last time

Attachments

• WS.png
    WS.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Having big issues with site freezing up tonite. As im waiting in-between freezes , throwing me off site or reloading or whatever is happening I see the New KFC ad at the bottom of the page . It won' stop. LoL

It's only happened to me that one time. The strange thing is it was when I clicked on your "click here" redirect to a new thread here, Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32 and the same thing happened to other site members when they clicked on it (they are saying they were logged out in posts in the new thread you created). See posts #64, #65, #82 and #100 in new thread quoted below

Found Deceased - Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

I had the same problem with the new thread for Lucas. It logged me out too, told me to log in but it took 2 times before it accepted my log in...thank goodness for the History link. I didn't comment on it in that thread though since it was later when I saw the posts regarding that issue. I was on a Samsung S7 Edge when the logged out issue happened

Last edited:
Tortoise said:

That happened to me yesterday too when I clicked on Tricia's post to new thread. I've never had that happen to me before on this new software. And then I couldn't remember my password!

and when I logged on this morning to WS - it froze up no less than 5 times. That was at 9:30am Eastern European Time, which would be 4:30am Eastern. This is my 6th time closing WS & Mozilla. Sure is getting frustrating to say the least.... I was thinking of just going to read my book for the rest of the day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces