Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just typed out a long response to you but the page refreshed and I lost it. So to be quick. I’ve been clearing my history and cache regularly. It isn’t helping. I mainly visit the same few websites on my phone. Reddit and WS are the most frequent. Reddit never gives me a problem. It’s only here. So I don’t think it’s an issue with having too much history (I didn’t even know that was a thing!)

The only site that gives me more trouble than this one with the constant refreshes is Daily Mail. I long ago decided that DM isn't worth the frustration and no longer follow links from here to there. I have always assumed that my older iPad is the issue, but now reading that others with more recent technology are having the same problem at least here...

(This is my first post on the new version of the site and my God, the lag! I am suprised there are any posts at all if others are also experiencing the lag. It took me 11 minutes and 2 refreshes to get this far.)

Site is very, very slow today. Pages are taking several minutes time to load. No way to Screen shot this as it just stays stuck on the top message in a thread and won't show me the rest of the page below that message for several minutes. Also taking a long time to post replies.

I apologize if this has been addressed already. I don’t have the patience to look at previous pages today.

I have been getting “webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred’ It’s happened at least 3x on every page I’ve tried to read today. I’m on an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 11.4

I apologize if this has been addressed already. I don’t have the patience to look at previous pages today.

I have been getting “webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred’ It’s happened at least 3x on every page I’ve tried to read today. I’m on an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 11.4

Gardenista had posted this link. Hopefully it will resolve the issues you are having.

https://appletoolbox.com/2015/10/a-problem-occurred-with-this-webpage-so-it-was-reloaded-fix/

Ok the text lag was terrible today 10 seconds per letter
One small text took me 20 minutes to post/edit

Eta this was ok till I got to "
took " above then lagged again . This edit was ok til I got to second "took" then lag again 10 seconds per keystroke.

Last edited:
Someone once suggested that they should set new users a minimum number of posts (like 10 or so) before they can start a new thread. I think that's why it never used to happen at the old WS site. Good idea if you ask me..

Gardenista had posted this link. Hopefully it will resolve the issues you are having.

https://appletoolbox.com/2015/10/a-problem-occurred-with-this-webpage-so-it-was-reloaded-fix/

Thanks, these tips work for me on the iPad. .... however, at the end of the article it also says:

If you see this message when trying to load only certain websites or pages, it’s highly likely that there are issues with that particular site or page you are trying to visit. And unfortunately, there’s not much you can do if there’s a problem with the website or page–other than letting the site owner know of the problem, so they fix it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member