Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAS ANYONE NOTICED A POSITIVE CHANGE IN THEIR EXPERIENCE ON WEBSLEUTHS? We have removed some video ads we feel was causing to slow the forum down and might have been contributing to the battery heating up issue.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed a change since the video ads were removed?

Tricia

Cautiously reporting that the website seems to be running smoothly for me tonight and I have not been timed out or kicked off when trying to reply. I'm on a laptop with firefox, so I can't comment on the battery overheating issues. Hopefully more posters will give good feedback.

On the point of ‘font’ for an example: there was/is a member who can be easily identified by their writing style. You knew exactly who it was before seeing their name or avatar. As it is now everything looks the same, no differentiation.

rsff

What a nightmare, though, when every post is a sea of colors, fonts, sizes, flashing graphics, etc. It kills readability. Obliterates it. That's a big reason why I hid all signatures on the former WS site. They were a huge distraction. IMO

rsff

What a nightmare, though, when every post is a sea of colors, fonts, sizes, flashing graphics, etc. It kills readability. Obliterates it. That's a big reason why I hid all signatures on the former WS site. They were a huge distraction. IMO

No, what I’m referring to has nothing to do with color, flashing or graphics.

Thank you! Samsung phone & Samsung Tablet. Both Android, if it matters. I will take note of time & such .

Contractions: after I type an apostrophe the end results vary. It doesn' want to type the letter after the apostrophe. If I retry it takes off the letter after apostrohe and starts to freeze up.

Won'
Don't
Won't
Don'
Doesn't
Doesn'
Can't
Can'

So it varies. I have to go back a few timed to correctly type a contacted word. Those ^ were examples. May be just me & Samsung?

Thank you for your hard work.

Since the KFC girl eating chicken in bed video stopped things are better.

*I'm also old, so that factors in!
Funny enough the posts that transferred over from the old site have things like %/!% etc where there should be an apostrophe.

Just found a few examples to explain what I mean

It was determined in the autopsy report the gray-brown dirt on Rebecca’s feet came from
Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

Can you have another interview with Greer about where he’s going from here now

I have a Vested interest in transparency, honesty no matter who’s exposed.

But there's also some other funny code in the old posts which might have nothing to do with apostrophes :

The case was adjourned until Tuesday to allow Van der Spuy to familiarise himself with the case‚ and for the defence and prosecution to “have certain admissions made available”.

[URL="https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/south-africa-susan-rohde-47-murdered-stellenbosch-24-july-2016.352493/page-14#post-13958578"]South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July, 2016[/URL]

Last edited:
Jasper52 you made my day. Thank you.
I hope we will hear from others that this one problems has been handled.
Just to clarify (sorry I didn't mention this earlier), I was using Win 7 with the Chrome browser when getting the time-outs. Thus far, so good. I haven't tried any of my other devices though.

Is there a way to disable alerts for new threads in watched forums, or do I just have to unwatch the forum? I couldn't find an option in the alert preferences. Thanks!

Site just now logged me out for the first time ever (on the new software). I had the box ticked "stay logged in" on the log in page. I use a PC.

Did you happen to clear your history? That will log you out.

Is there a way to disable alerts for new threads in watched forums, or do I just have to unwatch the forum? I couldn't find an option in the alert preferences. Thanks!

I hope someone can answer. I have only been able to figure out how to change the watched forum alert settings by unwatching and then watching it again. When you watch it again it will give you the option on alerts you want to receive and you can unclick the "new threads" alert.

I hope someone can answer. I have only been able to figure out how to change the watched forum alert settings by unwatching and then watching it again. When you watch it again it will give you the option on alerts you want to receive and you can unclick the "new threads" alert.
Oh cool, that should work. Thanks!

The page crashes constantly when reading through a thread. I am a web developer and I can tell you without a doubt that this is being caused by too many video or flash ads on the page, which cause the browser to run out of memory.

Chrome iOS

Attachments

• F8B167A1-22AC-481E-967A-24C30173308B.png
    F8B167A1-22AC-481E-967A-24C30173308B.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
Yes, I’m on my phone when it happens. It literally just happened again. I’ve had issues on my PC as well but I use my PC way less than my phone, so I’m more inclined to notice when things happen while I’m using my iPhone.

I ave lost my reply sometimes and then gone to another page then back to the page I was on and my reply is there in grey still to be clicked on and continued, so it wasn't lost after all.

I ave lost my reply sometimes and then gone to another page then back to the page I was on and my reply is there in grey still to be clicked on and continued, so it wasn't lost after all.

For me, whether or not it will be there in gray depends on how soon the error occurs after I type. Sometimes I only lose some of my post, other times I lose all of it.

For me, whether or not it will be there in gray depends on how soon the error occurs after I type. Sometimes I only lose some of my post, other times I lose all of it.

Frustrating all the same. System is sometimes so slow with text lagging that I just post reply then go back an edit. Not always like it but if I go

Eta - it just happened as I was talking about it fgs. At 1700 BST.

Last edited:
Just a question not a problem. When you view a members profile, on some there’s a list of ‘profile posts’ these read to me like they should be private messages? Can someone explain whether this is the case? I’d hate to think of private messages coming up as profile posts since the switch over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces