Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be a nag, but has anyone devised a way yet to hide/mute the Game forum? I usually don’t even log in any more because I have found that when I’m not logged in, I can just hit “Recent Posts” and see actual newsworthy threads. When I take the time to log in and click “New Posts” all of sudden there are Game posts everywhere.

That is weird. Actually there are a lot of threads missing, if you are not logged in. I just checked, and logged in I see 185 new posts. Logged out I see 142 new posts.

I guess they want to herd all the members into the game rooms, and let the guests view the real news. o_O It's just another reason for people not to log in and post.

My ‘recent threads’ and ‘latest replies’ lists are identical. Is that correct and if so is there any need for both? Or am I missing something?
Still discovering new things to click on and fiddle with and loving it more each day!

What a mess - I sent a message. Well I think I did anyway lol. I'm still clicking 40 places before I find what I was almost looking for. Under your avatar it lists in light text messages (your posts), likes received + trophy points. IIRC Tricia said if you had naughty points it would auto send a message (conversation over here) with a reason or warning note. I know many folks use their phone so I don't know for sure on your last quote issue. Other than the [ ] symbols are what "box in" the quoted text so your cursor just needs to be either before [ or after ]. I often see my cursor inside the quote area after I've already typed a page. When that happens, I highlight my input, copy, delete, then paste outside these buggers again [ ]. I hope that makes sense. One eye half open so far + it is not translating Chinese well LOL.
Who has the coffee pot around here anyway? :confused:o_O

eta - I meant when I said about using a phone to say - I need the big screen so I don't know how it views on a phone or if the posting is a bit different.

I believe people are getting confused when it comes to points vs trophy points. Under one’s avatar, it lists points. Is there a specific place to view a discription of these items?

I've come here with two questions. The first was about the naughty points...but I see a quote up there that says they come to the inbox with a note?

The other question is how do you find an alert that you've been tagged in a post by someone? I was scrolling through a thread the other day and saw that someone had tagged me, so I looked through my alert notifications and I couldn't find anything in there?

If they do go to the alerts, those of us following multiple fast-moving threads are going to find it hard to see the notification of a tag.....would it be possible to have that notification alerted in a different way?

The other question is how do you find an alert that you've been tagged in a post by someone? I was scrolling through a thread the other day and saw that someone had tagged me, so I looked through my alert notifications and I couldn't find anything in there?

Have you checked your Alert Preferences?

On a computer, if you hover your mouse over the Alert button at the top of the screen, a box will appear and you can click on Alert Preferences to indicate what items you want to receive alerts for.

I believe people are getting confused when it comes to points vs trophy points. Under one’s avatar, it lists points. Is there a specific place to view a discription of these items?

Click on the number next to your trophy points. To see the complete list, click on View All Available Trophies at the bottom of that box.

I can't see any value in have Likes or Trophy Points. Most people want Thanks, not Likes because they have two different connotations, e.g. if you post about a death and someone Likes it ... ugh. Why do we need Trophy points at all.

Tricia doesn't care for the Likes either but explained that it's virtually impossible to change it. My suggestion, if it's possible, is delete Likes and Trophies and add a Thanks box at the bottom of the posts.

My ‘recent threads’ and ‘latest replies’ lists are identical. Is that correct and if so is there any need for both? Or am I missing something?
Still discovering new things to click on and fiddle with and loving it more each day!

Mine are like yours. I’m wondering the same.

That is weird. Actually there are a lot of threads missing, if you are not logged in. I just checked, and logged in I see 185 new posts. Logged out I see 142 new posts.

I guess they want to herd all the members into the game rooms, and let the guests view the real news. o_O It's just another reason for people not to log in and post.

Really KaaBoom?????? You really think for some reason this is what we want?????? I am dumbfounded at such a statement.

Dave is still fine-tuning the forum. This is on my list of things for him to research to see if there is a solution.

If anyone else has problems please feel free to post them here but I would appreciate it if you posted in a manner that doesn't make my blood pressure go through the roof. Thank you.

hey

half the time dont have a clue how i got somewhere! History is my life saver ! A lot of the other things don't really make sense

somehow when the trophy points went to a new one there was like a pop up (again no idea ) but it was like cute stuff

nice to see you again

hello

keep posting

whatever

just mo the trophy thing is silly I have requested that Trisha come up with a payscale with checks mailed for each trophy thing but ..................

kidding kidding !!

have no idea why the platform went into trophy stuff a lot of us are addicted to our WS as it is !!

and yes i do like it when we are mentioned in other places and we are

and i think there are a lot more media and LE that lurk here!! On news stories not only true crime

dont need trophy points ya all are addictive as it is

Off Topic.... but I wanted to wish @SeesSeas a VERY

happybday-smiley-face.gif

party1-smiley.gif

wave-smiley-face.gif

wish-smiley-face.gif

woot-jump-smiley-face.gif

Hope you have a GREAT day!!

KaaBoom said:
snipped by me....

If you are logged out - then you can't see the posts in the "Private Forum". Maybe that's what the discrepancy is??

That's my best guess! :)

Will this forum ever go back on tapatalk? I confess I’m not always home and viewing the forum on my phone or tablet is difficult

Really KaaBoom?????? You really think for some reason this is what we want?????? I am dumbfounded at such a statement.

Dave is still fine-tuning the forum. This is on my list of things for him to research to see if there is a solution.

If anyone else has problems please feel free to post them here but I would appreciate it if you posted in a manner that doesn't make my blood pressure go through the roof. Thank you.

Well I don't know, but it seems to me that the post counts are way down. At least on the threads I'm watching. A lot of regulars seem to be sitting out since the change. I don't know the reason, but some are saying they are getting a better experience while logged out. I'm sure the Conversations feature is also sucking a lot of posts out of the threads.

Could you make the New Posts display the same for users who logged in, as they do for guests? That way people wouldn't have to log out to hide the game threads. Or just hide the game threads entirely from searches. People who want to participate in those threads can go and do so, but they wouldn't show up in Watched Threads, or New Posts.

If you are logged out - then you can't see the posts in the "Private Forum". Maybe that's what the discrepancy is??

That's my best guess! :)
Yes, I think you are correct. The simplest solution would seem to be to just hide the Private forums from the searches. So the only way to get to them would be from the front page. It would probably be more inconvenient for users of those forums, but everybody else wouldn't have to see them in the New Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jess81jess