Welcome To Websleuths # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is running smoothly! Well, drat - here for my Mollie news but that is closed. I guess some have gotten the thread awry. Hope it is open soon!

Hey Everyone,

Dave is looking into the "delete" option to see what is going on. Also still waiting for our Xen Foro tech to get back to us about the pictures not transferring over.

As far as the font size you can increase the font size on your own computer. Do a Google search using the name of whatever you are using to post on Webseuths + increase font size. Example mine would be "Microsoft 10 + Increase font size" and the instructions come up. Try that and see if it helps and let me know either way.

Thank you for your patience.

Tricia

Per usual, I am way behind. I increased my font on my Kindle Fire tablet a while back which was wonderful for this website. Duh, while typing this I discovered I could change this font size too.

Thank you Tricia and Dave for all your work on this website software problems, answering questions, and responding to some really good recommendations. Thank you also to you websleuthers for your assistance. :)

Jasper, you can be comfortable knowing it is not spyware. It is simply a request by an ad server wanting to know IF they can check to see if you are in say Dallas so they can serve ads more relevant to the area. You may still get these from time to time but the culprit that was doing it so often has been disabled from doing so.

While I am here let me apologize for the down times this morning. We are getting very close but it is always 2 steps forward and 1 step back. It is all part of the process, this morning was a step back but I think we have moved 2 steps ahead this afternoon. As always I will be monitoring it until I go to bed tonight and if something happens you will see more reboots.

@WS Admin A few hiccups in the last few hours. Mainly ‘unknown database errors’ but after waiting a little while, or logging out and back in, they have been resolved. Thank you again for all of your hard work (and long hours) in getting WS to run more smoothly.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes for such a massive site - it can't be easy! Hugs and handshakes to all!

Having said that though, is there any chance, any chance at all, that we'll be getting the MUTE button back? My enjoyment of the site has greatly diminished without it. :(

If you're using a Chrome browser, you can probably mute the site by clicking on the browser page (the page tab in the browser). I do that with my Chrome browser (on a Mac), by right-clicking on the tab then selecting "mute site." Hopefully that works for you, too.

Jasper, you can be comfortable knowing it is not spyware. It is simply a request by an ad server wanting to know IF they can check to see if you are in say Dallas so they can serve ads more relevant to the area. You may still get these from time to time but the culprit that was doing it so often has been disabled from doing so.

Hi Dave,
Bbm: Assuming you are referring to the robots. Apologies if this has been asked already. Regarding robots, are they able to mine the whole site? In other words, we have what the public can see, the jury room for registered users, and PM conversations. Is their access restricted?
Many thanks.
Rose

Search engine spiders aka robots are treated as guests. They are able to read only what is in the public view for any other guest to read. If the content is behind a login such as private threads, history or conversations (pms), it is not viewable to the robots.

Search engine spiders aka robots are treated as guests. They are able to read only what is in the public view for any other guest to read. If the content is behind a login such as private threads, history or conversations (pms), it is not viewable to the robots.

Thank you Dave! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member