Welcome To Websleuths # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
About the chat room. We used to have an unoffical chat room but if I remember correctly it was taken over by people who were not Websleuths friendly. I'm not even sure if it is still around.

We do not have a chat room at this time. Maybe later but for the moment we do not have a chat room.

Sorry for the very long answer to a short and simple question.

Tricia
Hello Tricia,

Thank you for the response. What ashame others had to spoil it for Websleuth members :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that one day we're lucky enough to have our very own chatroom exclusively for Websleuth members only lol!! Until then, I'll continue to participate throughout the forums. Again, thanks! :D

Have a question re Conversations. I know the number of participants was changed from 5 (I think that was the limit originally)

How many participants can be in one Conversation now?

Thanks!

I am going to @Whiskers16 and/or @Tricia since they are both on now and may see this

Have a question re Conversations. I know the number of participants was changed from 5 (I think that was the limit originally)

How many participants can be in one Conversation now?

Thanks!

I am going to @Whiskers16 and/or @Tricia since they are both on now and may see this
I'm pretty sure it is up to 20 participants. I'll see if I can find anything to back that up.

ETA: Yep, found a post from Tricia that states, "I would encourage you to take this to what we call a "Conversation". It works just like a private message except you can invite up to 20 people to your conversation."

I'm pretty sure it is up to 20 participants. I'll see if I can find anything to back that up.

ETA: Yep, found a post from Tricia that states, "I would encourage you to take this to what we call a "Conversation". It works just like a private message except you can invite up to 20 people to your conversation."

thank you! I had searched for where Tricia said it had increased, but could not find it. You're the best!

I noticed that the new threads/recent posts area is gone from the sidebar. I noticed it yesterday when the Jayme thread was drawing in lots of traffic. I figured it was taken down to allow for the site to run smoother. I notice that it is still gone this morning. Will it be going back up? Please, I hope.

I noticed that the new threads/recent posts area is gone from the sidebar. I noticed it yesterday when the Jayme thread was drawing in lots of traffic. I figured it was taken down to allow for the site to run smoother. I notice that it is still gone this morning. Will it be going back up? Please, I hope.

I did not notice that it was missing. I think I used it yesterday ...:confused:

I did not notice that it was missing. I think I used it yesterday ...:confused:

It was there until sometime in the afternoon I believe. I think it was taken down around the time of the news of vehicles of interest and then a press conference in the Jayme case because the site was experiencing problems probably due to high volume of users.

I've encountered several times when the server has gone down lately, or the page freezes temporarily. It hasn't lasted long, yet. And the like button seems to work most of the time, but then it stops woking. Seems we have had many small glitches the last several days. Or is it just me and my ipads?

I am getting the following message after almost every page I try to view:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I keep having to log out and log back in just to read because the site keeps failing to load

(Not complaining, just informing. Hopefully this will post. I'm missing Websleuths tonight, but my house sure is getting extra cleaning done :rolleyes::D )

It went down again for several minutes. I am going to alert (although they probably already know)

@WS Admin or @Tricia
just an FYI if you are not aware. The site has gone down several times today, and in the last few days. It doesn't last very long (probably several minutes) and comes back up . I notice that just before it happens the like button stops working and I can't change pages.
Is the missing section for New Threads/ Recent Posts/Latest posts related to the same issue?

I am getting the following message after almost every page I try to view:

I keep having to log out and log back in just to read because the site keeps failing to load

(Not complaining, just informing. Hopefully this will post. I'm missing Websleuths tonight, but my house sure is getting extra cleaning done :rolleyes::D )

Just came to complain about this!! It has happened already to me 5 times.... it really gets frustrating when you don't know IF your post went thru.... :confused:

Bumping, hoping to get an answer. I am trying to be patient. As I have stated in past Welcome threads this is the feature of Websleuths that I use to the most to keep up.

Hoping to please get an answer on the above.

Maybe you should send a private message to Tricia or Dave (WS Admin) ? That would probably get you a faster answer. They are always busy and may not be checking posts here.

I posted this same question elsewhere:

Help with the Websleuths Frequently Asked Questions List

Perhaps it needed to be disabled? As Jax49 also posted that maybe this was crashing the site?

I hope not. This was really useful. To many it would appear.

IMHO this website is top notch! What can we do to help out if we can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29