Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
humm

I just realized that it seems for that for the previous 60 minutes it gives you the time of post as " minutes ago" then converts it to like a time stamp!

I miss viewers on each thread -- as opposed to the whole site however!

humm

I just realized that it seems for that for the previous 60 minutes it gives you the time of post as " minutes ago" then converts it to like a time stamp!

I miss viewers on each thread -- as opposed to the whole site however!

I miss the viewers on each thread, too. I did discover that there is a little green lit up arrow at the top left of one's avatar indicating they are online. Yay!

If it's a linked image, just click on it again. If it's attached, it should open in a new tab or new window. So just close the tab or window.
The enlarged image poofs up over the posts, no new tab. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy. I can't shrink it, I don't see the magic X anywhere. I click, I double click... Nothin. "Back" takes me out of the thread.

@WS Admin
Ok ... here's a good one for ya. Stumbling about trying to make the ipad work better here and I see we have access to "Reader Mode". It would be so much easier for us with vision trouble if it worked right. (Or maybe I just don't understand how it should work on a forum page) However, when I click those four lines to the right of the WS link in the url bar, it only shows one post, no matter where I am on the page. Any thoughts how I might read a whole page in Reader Mode, anyone? This could be a great addition if I could see a whole page of posts somehow. Thanks to any techies out there

@WS Admin
Ok ... here's a good one for ya. Stumbling about trying to make the ipad work better here and I see we have access to "Reader Mode". It would be so much easier for us with vision trouble if it worked right. (Or maybe I just don't understand how it should work on a forum page) However, when I click those four lines to the right of the WS link in the url bar, it only shows one post, no matter where I am on the page. Any thoughts how I might read a whole page in Reader Mode, anyone? This could be a great addition if I could see a whole page of posts somehow. Thanks to any techies out there

Hmm, I often used read mode, but I hadn't tried it here. Now I have, I see what you are saying. Can't seem to get it to work for the entire page though. I'm going to play around with it and see if I can find anything.

Hmm, I often used read mode, but I hadn't tried it here. Now I have, I see what you are saying. Can't seem to get it to work for the entire page though. I'm going to play around with it and see if I can find anything.

Wow ... what a doll! I just can't seem to figure this one out at all. Thank you, AnaPisces --- but don't let it take too much of your time. (Maybe we need a techie thread for sharing our tips and tricks, for those of us on other devices... giggle)

The enlarged image poofs up over the posts, no new tab. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy. I can't shrink it, I don't see the magic X anywhere. I click, I double click... Nothin. "Back" takes me out of the thread.

Not sure which type of photo you clicked on, but when there isn't a thumbnail, there are two places you can click on an image to get it to display. I've uploaded a screenshot below that shows the two different places you can click. For me, when I click on the left part of the image, it opens inline and I get an X in the upper right to click out of it (although, I can actually just click the image again and it closes--I don't actually have to click the X).

When I click the link to the right, it opens in a new tab. Not sure if this helps or not with your particular device.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.37.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 6.37.25 PM.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 32
Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

We have looked forward to this day for a long time.

We just delivered a brand new bouncing software platform with all kinds of cool things we could only dream about before.

Please do not get scared. Almost everything is the same and those things that have changed have changed for the better.

The first thing you should try is our new way of sending Private Messages. PM's are now called "Conversations". You can invite up to 5 other people (with you equals 6 people on a conversation) and the conversation looks exactly like a thread on a public forum. However, it is not public, no one in management can see it, and the only people who can read the conversation are those who are actually participating.

One of the biggest changes is going to be how we handle putting members on timeout.

Your timeouts are all done by a point system. This will take away any guesswork.

You are allowed up to 5 points in a 30 day period before you are timed out. The time out length depends on the amount of points you end up. Say you have 4 points and you do something really horrible like call someone stupid. Calling someone stupid could be worth 4 points. Now all of a sudden you have 8 points and that means you get a 5 day time out.

Please do not hold me to these exact numbers. I'm trying to remember and to be honest, my memory sucks more than a sucker fish in a sucking contest.

You will get warnings and your warning is assigned a point value. Let's say being snarky is two points. Those two points will stay on your user name for 30 days then the points drop off.

No one should be getting any points right?

Please remember if you get 5 points or more in 30 days then you are timed out for three days. As the points against you go up so does the time you spend I timeout.
You can solve the problem of being timed out by behaving and reading our Terms of Service.

There is more to tell you and I'll be coming back and answering any questions you may have.

We ask for your patience as we are all on a learning curve here.

Finally, thanks to Dave our IT guy for doing such a good job and making sure everything ran smoothly and he was able to get us up and running 24 hours earlier than expected.

OK fire awa y my true crime angels.

I love love LOVE the new software!

Is anyone else unable to see the "like" a post option while viewing on the IPAD?
I’m on a 2nd gen iPad mini and I can see the like option in small blue print at the bottom right of a post near the reply option. Like others have posted above, a button or tab format might make the clicking “like” more user-friendly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member