Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ... what a doll! I just can't seem to figure this one out at all. Thank you, AnaPisces --- but don't let it take too much of your time. (Maybe we need a techie thread for sharing our tips and tricks, for those of us on other devices... giggle)

So far not so good Spell! :( I tried changing a multitude of settings, and googling (damn it that my techie DH is away for the night!) I'll let you know if I find anything!

Attachments

• 1E071703-8A48-450A-8BB2-D646B334DE54.jpeg
    1E071703-8A48-450A-8BB2-D646B334DE54.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 10ECB768-AA2E-4532-9C8B-5272BBBE8411.jpeg
    10ECB768-AA2E-4532-9C8B-5272BBBE8411.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 13
I've just started a conversation, hit Enter at the end but it's going nowhere fast. How can I send it. It's worked for me before but not now. Help please.

Last edited:
You should have a button to click below the comment box which say "Start a conversation".

I went to my Inbox, clicked on "Start a conversation", typed it all up but can't see how to send it. I thought last time I just hit the Enter key.

To add to this, another way to see mostly the new content you want to see is to "follow" top posters who usually post in the forums you follow. If you click on your user name on the orange bar at the top you should see and option that says "Your news feed". That seems to show recent actions by posters you are following. I have not yet gotten in the habit of looking at this but it seems to be one more way to see where people are active without looking at the entire board.

Is that why I have 5 people following me....
hiding-smiley.gif

I’m on a 2nd gen iPad mini and I can see the like option in small blue print at the bottom right of a post near the reply option. Like others have posted above, a button or tab format might make the clicking “like” more user-friendly :)
I’m on a thread that’s locked, and there is no like option. I could have sworn there was earlier, though. The like option is there from my phone but not from my iPad. I have no idea what generation my iPad is.

ETA - Never mind! I’m an idiot. I got it figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that why I have 5 people following me....
hiding-smiley.gif
Only 5 people Niner? You should have many more following you, once people figure it out. ;)
You always post all the trial updates and the have the most current info! Thank you for all your efforts here. :)

@WS Admin, I got the issue figured out about why I could not like an old thread. However, I believe there is a different problem that could need your attention. I was in the jury room, and I thought that was for logged in members only. Somehow I got logged out while viewing the Amy Bradley thread, so I wasn’t able to like posts. However, I continued to be able to navigate through that thread while not logged in. So maybe you should check that the jury room threads are actually private, available to members only still.

Or am I wrong about the jury room privacy? I’m confused.

I’m on a thread that’s locked, and there is no like option. I could have sworn there was earlier, though. The like option is there from my phone but not from my iPad. I have no idea what generation my iPad is.

ETA - Never mind! I’m an idiot. I got it figured out.

My PC is a baby boomer--

Amazed at all the tech you all have!

Playing around .. was like this with new cars - push all the buttons to see everyting!

Interesting

Googlebot
Googlebot is Google's web crawling bot (sometimes also called a "spider"). Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.

We use a huge set of computers to fetch (or "crawl") billions of pages on the web. Googlebot uses an algorithmic process: computer programs determine which sites to crawl, how often, and how many pages to fetch from each site.

Googlebot's crawl process begins with a list of webpage URLs, generated from previous crawl processes and augmented with Sitemap data provided by webmasters. As Googlebot visits each of these websites it detects links (SRC and HREF) on each page and adds them to its list of pages to crawl. New sites, changes to existing sites, and dead links are noted and used to update the Google index.

Looks like mods have Robots contacting them !!

Robot: Bing
Contacting staff, 5 minutes ago

Last edited:
Just a very general question. In the "old days" we used to be able to snip posts (RSBM) in order to address part(s) only of a post when we were replying with quote. Can we still do this?

I have seen the questions I have asked but cant find the answers. What are trophy points and how do you get them? Can u give them? Also the points-good points are they based on likes? Is there a place to see the bad points LOL TIA

Reactions: dms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member