Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@WS Admin, I got the issue figured out about why I could not like an old thread. However, I believe there is a different problem that could need your attention. I was in the jury room, and I thought that was for logged in members only. Somehow I got logged out while viewing the Amy Bradley thread, so I wasn’t able to like posts. However, I continued to be able to navigate through that thread while not logged in. So maybe you should check that the jury room threads are actually private, available to members only still.

Or am I wrong about the jury room privacy? I’m confused.

:eek: GAH! I hope this gets sorted quickly, I posted some personal stuff downstairs particularly because it was a private thread!

I have seen the questions I have asked but cant find the answers. What are trophy points and how do you get them? Can u give them? Also the points-good points are they based on likes? Is there a place to see the bad points LOL TIA

LOL, I too want to know where we can go to find our bad points haha - although, I am hopeful that if we cannot find them, it means we have none lol.

And yes, as far as I can tell, trophy points are based on how many likes you received.

Second also, ohhhhh, your lovely Canadian flag from your avatar is gone, Bravo! :(

:eek: GAH! I hope this gets sorted quickly, I posted some personal stuff downstairs particularly because it was a private thread!
Yes, me, too. At first I just felt like an idiot when I realized why I couldn’t like posts. But then I was like, oh heck, this isn’t good. So it was probably a good accident that this happened to me.

In the "old days" we used to be able to snip posts (RSBM) in order to address part(s) only of a post
Yes an example above in what I did with your post. Highlight the portion of the quote you want and a small reply box will pop up. Click on the gray pop up reply box and it will automatically add the highlighted portion and the quote tags into your reply box.

Last edited:
Yes an example above in what I did with your post. Highlight the portion of the quote you want and a small reply box will pop up. Click on the reply box and it will automatically add the highlighted portion and the quote tags into your reply box.

test

Phew! I just went downstairs, retrieved the link for my thread in the jury room, signed out and tried to access it as a non-member and wahoooo, it came up "You have to be logged in to do that".

@vmmking @Jax49 Seems as if we are getting different things?

I have seen the questions I have asked but cant find the answers. What are trophy points and how do you get them? Can u give them? Also the points-good points are they based on likes? Is there a place to see the bad points LOL TIA
The trophy points are based on the amount of likes you receive. You can view your warning points by clicking your avatar.

I'm headed downstairs to test it out! BRB!
Ok so here’s what happens when I test it, both on your private thread and the Amy Bradley thread. If I enter and log out, I cannot navigate the thread. However, if I’m in the thread and my login just times out, I can still navigate through it for some reason, while not being allowed to comment or like.

Bottom line is that our private threads are still safe from outsiders, I believe. There just happens to be a glitch that if our login times out we can continue to read and navigate only.

ETA @WS Admin it’s not a huge issue then

The trophy points are based on the amount of likes you receive. You can view your warning points by clicking your avatar.

@Harmony 2 Thank you! I have been wondering where the warning points are since we got over here. So, I clicked on my avatar and I don't see a warning points "section", can I safely assume I have none? ;)

Thanks BDE. I see that but that is all I see. I was thinking there would be much more than that one line. It doesn't even seem to be a link for me to click so I'm not sure of the purpose of it there. But I don't have any objection if people want to follow WS on FB. :rolleyes::p
If you click on the square that says "Websleuths", the one with the crime tape that will take you to the Websleuths Facebook page.

Click on the number next to your trophy points and then click on View All Available Trophies to see how you accumulate points.

If you click on the square that says "Websleuths", the one with the crime tape that will take you to the Websleuths Facebook page.

Thanks Tricia, but I'm not seeing anything like that currently on my screen. I'll see if I can attach a screenshot to show you what I see on the right side bar. Circled in red is all I see for facebook and it is not a clickable link:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 10
Good MonTues to you my friend. A "MonTues" is a Tuesday that feels like a Monday.

I was MIA most of the weekend. My apologies. Real life, Real sickness, Real Plumbing, all kinds of real-life issues this weekend.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Dave and I will be discussing what is posted on this thread on a regular basis.

We still have issues to work out but they are minor.

Dave created a miracle. The move was extremely smooth thanks to Dave's hard work and dedication.

Thanks to all of you for your patience. Thanks to many posters whose willingness to pitch in and help other members has made a huge difference.

Thank you all so very much.

Tricia

Good MonTues to you my friend. A "MonTues" is a Tuesday that feels like a Monday.

I was MIA most of the weekend. My apologies. Real life, Real sickness, Real Plumbing, all kinds of real-life issues this weekend.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Dave and I will be discussing what is posted on this thread on a regular basis.

We still have issues to work out but they are minor.

Dave created a miracle. The move was extremely smooth thanks to Dave's hard work and dedication.

Thanks to all of you for your patience. Thanks to many posters whose willingness to pitch in and help other members has made a huge difference.

Thank you all so very much.

Tricia

Ugh, doesn't real life just suck?

Thanks to you and Dave too Tricia, we are loving this place! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors