Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feeling a little jealous right now!! But Hey, Congratulations on all those fancy Trophy Points and your new Well Known Member status..well deserved Gardener..I'll get there one day!!

It seems to take about 40 likes to get to "well-known" status. Apparently old likes don't count. Just keep posting and you will get there pretty fast, lol.

I'm really happy that we can watch threads without having to post.

I have had so many tabs open on my poor phone for so many months. I check through them every day to see if anything has happened. Now with the new format I've actually been able to close a whole host of tabs (and not suffer from Fear of missing out). It's been quite a liberating! Woo!

I'm really happy that we can watch threads without having to post.

I have had so many tabs open on my poor phone for so many months. I check through them every day to see if anything has happened. Now with the new format I've actually been able to close a whole host of tabs (and not suffer from Fear of missing out). It's been quite a liberating! Woo!

You could always do that on the old forum too with "subscriptions" but on this forum it does seem easier to select "watch thread" at the top.

You could always do that on the old forum too with "subscriptions" but on this forum it does seem easier to select "watch thread" at the top.
When you click "watch thread" at the top, where can you go to see all your watched threads? "Your content" section?

PS - first reply ever on new site!! yay!

Don't know if anyone can help.

I went to make a post and then changed my mind before I hit the post reply button. I deleted the text but then when I refreshed the page the message that I had deleted reappeared in the reply box. I tried undo that didn't work. I closed down the WS page and came back again and it was still there. The only way I could get rid of it was to post the message and then immediately hit the delete post button.

On the old site there was a cancel button. Is there one here that I haven't spotted?

Congrats, the new forum rocks! :p:)

I like the general look and the fact that URLs are converted to text, very fancy!

Two issues:
- Since I can‘t use Tapatalk any more, I need to switch between Safari browser pages on the iPhone to copy/paste text from news articles. If I create a new thread and the text I previously copied is too long, I can‘t seem to get to the bottom of the text in the edit field to append something.
- If I start a thread with i.e. „CA“, the software changes it to „Ca“ after creating the thread.

Are there any workarounds?

When you click "watch thread" at the top, where can you go to see all your watched threads? "Your content" section?

PS - first reply ever on new site!! yay!

Yay! Welcome msphilosopher. :)

Click on "watched threads" at the top, then scroll down to the bottom of the watched threads. There will be an orange bar and the words written on it in orange that say "show all watched threads". Click on it and it will show all you watched threads just like the old subscriptions view used to. It's really faint and hard to find.

I also noticed that you can get back to a thread you recently visited by clicking on "history" and it will show the last 50 threads you viewed.

So is this new site the solution to the loss in advertisers on the old one, which was how the voluntary donations came to be? Or was this new software already in the works?

Click on "watched threads" at the top, then scroll down to the bottom of the watched threads. There will be an orange bar and the words written on it in orange that say "show all watched threads". Click on it and it will show all you watched threads just like the old subscriptions view used to. It's really faint and hard to find.

I also noticed that you can get back to a thread you recently visited by clicking on "history" and it will show the last 50 threads you viewed.
Thank you for that.

You have really sharp eyes - I didn't see the 'show all watched threads' button at all until you mentioned it.

THANK YOU! Sorry I missed your post... getting used to this system. Gah!

Thank you for your help. I'll probably need more help hehe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member