Were TH and/or Kyron really at Skyline on Friday, June 4?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The man in the background in the photo wouldn't necessarily have to confirm that he saw Kyron or even knew who Kyron was. All the man would have to do would be to confirm that he was at the science fair on Friday morning (as opposed to Thursday or some other time) so that LE could confirm when the picture of Kyron was taken.
>snip<
that too lol

Any reports or confirmation as to when Kaine last saw Kyron? I find it odd that to my knowledge, this has never been specified either way. Anyone else?
No, nothing. While LE has stated that the SM was the last person to have seen Kyron, they haven't said anything about any other family members and their locations at the time of, leading up to, or after Kyron's disappearance.

Not snitty; a good question. Actually, I was looking at this AP story, which now I realize is not a direct quote (4th para down)
http://www.kval.com/news/local/96724314.html?
Detectives investigating the disappearance of a 7-year-old Oregon boy two weeks ago put out a call Friday for information on the whereabouts that day of his stepmother - the last person to see him alive.

And here from CBS (2nd para) also not a direct quote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20008276-504083.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
The 7-year-old vanished June 4, and his stepmother has figured prominently in the investigation since then, because authorities say she was the last known person to see him alive.

And HuffPo actually has it as a direct quote from Det. Gates (4th para):
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/21/missing-boy-stepmom-terri_n_619494.html
"Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron alive before he disappeared," Gates said.

Potentially sloppy journalism (I'll admit I have not watched the press conference) but that is where the "alive" piece is coming from in the mainstream press.

Thanks for the clarification! I apologize, if my statement came off as directed negatively toward you. I really didn't mean it that way. I too have seen the statement misquoted by journalists, but the link just after your quote did not appear to have that statement in any form. It bothers me terribly when I hear alive thrown in there, I suppose, because I want so much for this little boy to be found alive and when stated in that way, it makes it sound like he is not. Thanks again for the clarification!

The man in the background in the photo wouldn't necessarily have to confirm that he saw Kyron or even knew who Kyron was. All the man would have to do would be to confirm that he was at the science fair on Friday morning (as opposed to Thursday or some other time) so that LE could confirm when the picture of Kyron was taken.

I'm wondering if LE got enough confirmation/witnesses that said they saw Kyron leaving with SM that morning, that that is why LE called off the searches and changed the case status to criminal but never to Kyron having been abducted? And then, factually,they can continue to say that SM is still the last known person to have seen Kyron, it just doesn't mean that her "8:45 walking to the classroom" statement on when she last saw him is one that they still believe.

And I wonder if LE is feeding information off the record to the local reporters, saying "look, we know we haven't been telling you anything around this case but we have reason to think it's the SM and we need you guys to back off, not hound the staff of the school or the family, because while we think it is her, but we aren't sure if the kid is alive or dead, so back off or else you are going to potentially ruin this for us?" And the local reporters are being respectful of the investigators & that's why you haven't see reporters chasing after parents, (as a former local news reporter (although not investigative), I can tell it wouldn't be that hard to figure out who that guy was in the background of the science project photo), Kyron's teacher, etc.

To keep this thread on topic, have we pretty much verified that Kyron and his SM were at Skyline on Friday June 4th? :innocent:

BBM I think that very well may be the case. And if not SM, someone else close to the case.

Thanks for the clarification! I apologize, if my statement came off as directed negatively toward you. I really didn't mean it that way. I too have seen the statement misquoted by journalists, but the link just after your quote did not appear to have that statement in any form. It bothers me terribly when I hear alive thrown in there, I suppose, because I want so much for this little boy to be found alive and when stated in that way, it makes it sound like he is not. Thanks again for the clarification!
Not a problem and I didn't take it personally at all. With so little info coming out from LE, it's easy to see how a word like "alive" takes on such meaning. And like you, I so very much want this boy to be found alive and safe. I have my own 7 year old, whom I've watched walk up the steps to his school and wave goodbye to me now hundreds of times, and I cannot imagine him not being at school when I thought that's where I left him that morning. And then being missing for 19 days; I would be destroyed.

As harsh as this sounds, I want it to be the SM at this point. But I want her to have not hurt him and for him to be found alive. The reason why I say that I want it to be her is because I can't figure out anyone else the LE would think it would be at this point. We know that Kyron was at school on Friday morning (based on this thread, we know that :)) and then we know that he did not come home on Friday afternoon. The LE have not changed the case to an abducted child, only an endangered child. Why would they not think that he was abducted? And with all the focus of the questionnaire on the SM and the white truck (instead of say hundreds of bloodhounds scouring the insides of the school, or LE sending out a questionnaire asking "did you see anyone suspicious or acting strangely at Skyline on Friday?"), I really want it to be her because I don't want it to be that they have missed some vital clue that actually would tell them that someone took Kyron and they have now missed all these days/weeks in finding him.

I remember when we had the sniper shootings happening around the DC area, where people were being shot in public places (gas stations, schools, bus stops) by a long range weapon, and many were killed, there was a hunt for a white cargo van that supposedly had been seen repeatedly in the area of each of the shootings. White cargo vans were being stopped and searched all over the area. Come to find out, it was 2 men in an older model car who had committed the shootings. The eyewitnesses had fixated on the white vans, probably because they stood out from the myriad of cars and SUVs that blended in around them.

That is a round about way of me saying that I hope LE aren't following the wrong lead.

Originally Posted by DMansMom To keep this thread on topic, have we pretty much verified that Kyron and his SM were at Skyline on Friday June 4th? <respectfully snipped>

Photo could be doctored; LE may have determined the people in the photo were there Thursday evening. I acknowledge it's absolutely probable they were there. It's conceivable they were not--particularly that Kyron was not. Agreed??

Originally Posted by DMansMom To keep this thread on topic, have we pretty much verified that Kyron and his SM were at Skyline on Friday June 4th? <respectfully snipped>

Photo could be doctored; LE may have determined the people in the photo were there Thursday evening. I acknowledge it's absolutely probable they were there. It's conceivable they were not--particularly that Kyron was not. Agreed??
actually I don't agree but it's all good! Because if we all agreed there would be no discussion.

Just like my son's football coach said... you have to treat the other team with respect because if it weren't for other teams there wouldn't be the game of football.

Not a problem and I didn't take it personally at all. With so little info coming out from LE, it's easy to see how a word like "alive" takes on such meaning. And like you, I so very much want this boy to be found alive and safe. I have my own 7 year old, whom I've watched walk up the steps to his school and wave goodbye to me now hundreds of times, and I cannot imagine him not being at school when I thought that's where I left him that morning. And then being missing for 19 days; I would be destroyed.

As harsh as this sounds, I want it to be the SM at this point. But I want her to have not hurt him and for him to be found alive. The reason why I say that I want it to be her is because I can't figure out anyone else the LE would think it would be at this point. We know that Kyron was at school on Friday morning (based on this thread, we know that :)) and then we know that he did not come home on Friday afternoon. The LE have not changed the case to an abducted child, only an endangered child. Why would they not think that he was abducted? And with all the focus of the questionnaire on the SM and the white truck (instead of say hundreds of bloodhounds scouring the insides of the school, or LE sending out a questionnaire asking "did you see anyone suspicious or acting strangely at Skyline on Friday?"), I really want it to be her because I don't want it to be that they have missed some vital clue that actually would tell them that someone took Kyron and they have now missed all these days/weeks in finding him.

I remember when we had the sniper shootings happening around the DC area, where people were being shot in public places (gas stations, schools, bus stops) by a long range weapon, and many were killed, there was a hunt for a white cargo van that supposedly had been seen repeatedly in the area of each of the shootings. White cargo vans were being stopped and searched all over the area. Come to find out, it was 2 men in an older model car who had committed the shootings. The eyewitnesses had fixated on the white vans, probably because they stood out from the myriad of cars and SUVs that blended in around them.

That is a round about way of me saying that I hope LE aren't following the wrong lead.

I completely agree with you on everything you have stated, though I am still on the fence as to whether I think it is actually her. If it is her, I hope she has hidden him safe away somewhere and that he will be found alive and well. If it is not her, then I think LE has been doing a really good job of directing people to think it is her.

Incidentally, I live in the DC area and know all too well about those white vans. I even called in on one of them, LOL! What a terrible goose chase that was!

What is your thinking about why SM could possibly have taken Kyron somewhere, yet not hurt him? Whatever the reasoning, wouldn't she have disclosed this, considering she is now the focus of the investigation?

jmo

I completely agree with you on everything you have stated, though I am still on the fence as to whether I think it is actually her. If it is her, I hope she has hidden him safe away somewhere and that he will be found alive and well. If it is not her, then I think LE has been doing a really good job of directing people to think it is her.

Incidentally, I live in the DC area and know all too well about those white vans. I even called in on one of them, LOL! What a terrible goose chase that was!
It's actually remembering those white cargo van sightings that has me on the fence about the SM, too. We were all so convinced those van sightings were a legitimate lead in the case (and ugh, what a frightening time! I remember that my coworkers and I found a "safe" gas station near work because it had high rises on 3 sides and we could crouch down behind our cars in a "safe spot" to fill up our gas tanks) and that lead was so wrong!

I think it is the statement by the public school spokesperson saying that two teachers saw Kyron that morning and the PTA prez saying she saw Kyron with his SM at 8:15 that has me believing that Kyron was indeed there that morning irregardless of the photo(s). I think he was there. But I also think that LE thinks that he never made it to his classroom and that he left with his SM (hence the questionnaire).

It's actually remembering those white cargo van sightings that has me on the fence about the SM, too. We were all so convinced those van sightings were a legitimate lead in the case (and ugh, what a frightening time! I remember that my coworkers and I found a "safe" gas station near work because it had high rises on 3 sides and we could crouching down behind our cars in a "safe spot" to fill up our gas tanks) and that lead was so wrong!

That is what I have compared this 'sighting' to the whole time. In the DC case, there was most likely a white van near many of the shooting incidents. There are hundreds of white vans in the DC area. There likely WAS a white truck sighted in the Skyline neighborhood by J Kelley. BUT, there is also most likely absolutely no connection between that truck and this case.

jmo

What is your thinking about why SM could possibly have taken Kyron somewhere, yet not hurt him? Whatever the reasoning, wouldn't she have disclosed this, considering she is now the focus of the investigation?

jmo
I really want her to have taken him and not hurt him/killed him because 1) I don't want to think of him as dead and 2) I want it to be her and not a child predator because there might be a (smaller) chance that she wouldn't have killed him, as opposed to say, a child predator who more than likely would have. Maybe she took him someplace and locked him in with some food and water (okay, I know I'm dreaming) and had planned to kill him later. But, never got back there because LE figured it out too quickly. Maybe LE is just waiting for her to crack and the letter from Kyron's mom was another tactic to try to make SM imagine her own little girl in Kyron's place.

Another scenario that I can think of is that they do have another suspect who they believe abducted Kyron from the school (someone Kyron would have trusted enough to allow himself to be taken by this person) and the SM knows who that person is but is protecting that person (father? SM's older son?)and they are trying a tactic of making it look like they are going to charge her with the crime, so that they hope she, or this other person, will crack and come clean.

I know this is something that would only potentially happen in a made for TV movie but I really want to believe that Kyron is alive. In my version of this story, at the end, no matter who did it, Kyron is found alive and safe. And the person who did this is put away for the rest of his/her life so they can never harm anyone else.

That is what I have compared this 'sighting' to the whole time. In the DC case, there was most likely a white van near many of the shooting incidents. There are hundreds of white vans in the DC area. There likely WAS a white truck sighted in the Skyline neighborhood by J Kelley. BUT, there is also most likely absolutely no connection between that truck and this case.

jmo
Yeah, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Kelley's statement. I do think that there was a white truck or trucks that went down Kelley's rural, dead end lane but I don't know if it has much to do with Kyron's disappearance. I also don't put a lot of stock in the trucker who said he saw a boy matching Kyron's description looking scared and peering out of a truck window. The trucker said they almost had an accident so it's not too unusual to imagine that if a kid were in the other vehicle, he might look terrified.

In my version of this story, at the end, no matter who did it, Kyron is found alive and safe. And the person who did this is put away for the rest of his/her life so they can never harm anyone else.

My mind is prepared for a bad outcome. My heart is not.

After reading this thread, I am 90% sure SM was at the school that morning. I am about 60% sure Kyron was there also.

I think it is the statement by the public school spokesperson saying that two teachers saw Kyron that morning and the PTA prez saying she saw Kyron with his SM at 8:15 that has me believing that Kyron was indeed there that morning irregardless of the photo(s). I think he was there. But I also think that LE thinks that he never made it to his classroom and that he left with his SM (hence the questionnaire).

I'm just thinking out loud...

SM and Kyron did arrive at the school that morning and did their tour. SM said goodbye and watched Kyron walk toward his classroom. This we were told.

Suppose Tyron made it to his classroom,which was in a very hectic situation, where he was gathered into a group led by a chaperone to see the exhibits. His teacher may not have even seen him. On his way to seeing the exhibits the second time, Kyron may have been dawdling behind a little when his classmate saw him alone by the stairwell. Maybe Kyron was behind because he had stopped to get something to drink but he was still considered to be part of the group.

Kyron told the classmate of his excitement to see the electric exhibit (again). This we were told.

We don't know what happened next.

Suppose then Kyron went on to catch up with his group. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't catch up at that time. Where was the electric exhibit (if there was one)? Was it in the middle or towards the end of the tour? Kids were roaming all over the place with either their tour groups or with or without parents. I can see groups getting separated, excited to see one exhibit before another or staying to pay more attention to one.

But, in the end the chaperone came back into the room and realized that Kyron was no longer with her group when she only counted "five". This we were told.

To me, this means that he was with her group at one time.

With no more clues than what we have, I do believe Kyron was snatched. At this time, I don't believe he was targeted, but just happened to be caught alone in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was taken out in a box, trash can, etc. by someone who looked like everyone else.

JMO.

Hate to drag this ole thread out of obscurity, but I did have another thought about what could have happened.

The PTA president says she saw Terri taking Kyron's picture in front of his project. Now, she may have seen a few dozen other kids having their picture made, and maybe she saw Kyron. But maybe she saw Terri, and Terri showed her Kyron's picture. "where's Kyron?" "Oh, he's getting a drink of water or going to the bathroom." Much later in the day when the traumatizing turn of events has occurred, she might not remember that she only saw a picture and assumed she had actually seen him.

Hate to drag this ole thread out of obscurity, but I did have another thought about what could have happened.

The PTA president says she saw Terri taking Kyron's picture in front of his project. Now, she may have seen a few dozen other kids having their picture made, and maybe she saw Kyron. But maybe she saw Terri, and Terri showed her Kyron's picture. "where's Kyron?" "Oh, he's getting a drink of water or going to the bathroom." Much later in the day when the traumatizing turn of events has occurred, she might not remember that she only saw a picture and assumed she had actually seen him.

LE can identify the time the photo was taken by examining the camera, by talking to the other individuals in the photo, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back