WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to that article, they're saying that they're matching the tape on Caylee to a piece of tape on the gas can.....the same gas can that was inspected and according to reports, had no duct tape mentioned on it.

I'm confused.

Me too, but I thought they said "similar".

Sources said the soon-to-be released documents will show that investigators never found a duct tape roll at the home but did find a similar piece of tape on a gasoline can in the house. Sources also told Local 6 News that FBI lab tests reveal no fingerprints were found on the duct tape.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18728295/detail.html

It could quite possibly speed up a defense-offered plea deal with confession, if it contains what we hope it contains. :)

Do you think that could be a possibility? I've thought of that too but I have my reservations. One is that the SA wouldn't offer her any deal as they have her over a barrel so to speak and nothing of significance can be gleened from her anymore. Caylee's been found, they have a strong case and unless they are going to put the DP back on the table, which I doubt, they have nothing to gain.

She is too stubborn and narcissitic to even think she will be found guilty. She is reckless besides and most likely will take her chances hoping for a hung jury. Delusional we know :rolleyes:

Sources said the soon-to-be released documents will show that investigators never found a duct tape roll at the home but did find a similar piece of tape on a gasoline can in the house. Sources also told Local 6 News that FBI lab tests reveal no fingerprints were found on the duct tape.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18728295/detail.html

Oh darn, Radio ... is that huge? hopefully other folks cn add to this

Me too, but I thought they said "similar".

They did, you're correct. However, the essence is still there. Why compare to something that is not listed in forensic evidence?

Oh darn, Radio ... is that huge? hopefully other folks cn add to this

Well, if the heart sticker left findable residue ...
why now no fingerprints ... of course, maybe
there never were any... <sigh> <quack>

So. Now we have incriminating evidence to be released in the doc dump that will not be good for the defense and proves that KC killed Caylee intentionally but it is NOT fingerprints on the tape according to sources cited by "Click Orlando".

Hmmm. Bone toxicology? Insect toxicology? Knife/tape match? Pooh blankie serial number? Post-mortem bone trauma? Crime scene reports and photos would not be good for the defense. Maybe they made JB sick to see them? Caylee's last known outfit found in her closet?

And by the way, no document dump is good for the defense. It always starts up a whirlwind of media and tabloid swill.

Maybe it is Annie's statement, saying that KC is Zanny? Or 1,100 compromising photos?

And, as a bit of a rant: Neck Breaking is a truck club that one of her bff's belonged to. It is also a description of some kind of music that I am not familiar with. I hope the prosecution knows this, otherwise they will look stupid and get that shoved where the sun don't shine. Breaking necks is a similar club. The media has made too much of this issue which is too readily explained.

So. Now we have incriminating evidence to be released in the doc dump that will not be good for the defense and proves that KC killed Caylee intentionally but it is NOT fingerprints on the tape according to sources cited by "Click Orlando".

Hmmm. Bone toxicology? Insect toxicology? Knife/tape match? Pooh blankie serial number? Post-mortem bone trauma? Crime scene reports and photos would not be good for the defense. Maybe they made JB sick to see them? Caylee's last known outfit found in her closet?

And by the way, no document dump is good for the defense. It always starts up a whirlwind of media and tabloid swill.

Maybe it is Annie's statement, saying that KC is Zanny? Or 1,100 compromising photos?

And, as a bit of a rant: Neck Breaking is a truck club that one of her bff's belonged to. It is also a description of some kind of music that I am not familiar with. I hope the prosecution knows this, otherwise they will look stupid and get that shoved where the sun don't shine. Breaking necks is a similar club. The media has made too much of this issue which is too readily explained.
bold mine...

AMEN!!! And the chloroform follows suit imo!!!
Mis-reporting, grabbing rumors and running right
over the cliff with them ... my pile on rant.

For the evidence to show that she killed her intentionally it would have to be linked to the duct tape or another piece of evidence we don't know about yet. Any ideas on what would show intent here? You guys are so quick I'm sure we will have an answer before they even release the docs! :)

someone earlier mentioned that there could be DNA on the tape if she ripped it with her teeth!

The original WESH article seemed to imply that the incriminating evidence was related to the duct tape:

According to a source close to the investigation, test results from the FBI crime lab on the duct tape found on slain toddler Caylee Anthony's skull are in that new batch of evidence.

When asked by WESH 2's Bob Kealing if Casey Anthony&#8217;s fingerprints were on the duct tape, a source with direct knowledge of the investigation said, "This is not going to be good news for the defense."

IF (!) this report is correct, what incriminating evidence other than fingerprints could be on the duct tape? Someone upthread wondered about possible fibers from the Anthony home...what else?

Casey's hair, dna from saliva (tape ripping with teeth), cut marks on tape match knife found in KC vehicle,

Also could have found a match to the heart sticker in the home or in casey's belongings to directly tie her to the duct tape and crime.

The original WESH article seemed to imply that the incriminating evidence was related to the duct tape:

According to a source close to the investigation, test results from the FBI crime lab on the duct tape found on slain toddler Caylee Anthony's skull are in that new batch of evidence.

When asked by WESH 2's Bob Kealing if Casey Anthony’s fingerprints were on the duct tape, a source with direct knowledge of the investigation said, "This is not going to be good news for the defense."

IF (!) this report is correct, what incriminating evidence other than fingerprints could be on the duct tape? Someone upthread wondered about possible fibers from the Anthony home...what else?

I don't know! My head is spinning right now! Maybe the evidence the source was referring to has nothing to do with the duct tape. It is just one of the things in the new release but there is something else there that "is not going to be good news for the defense." Unfortunately, we will just have to wait and see. Come on, doc dump!

I don't know! My head is spinning right now! Maybe the evidence the source was referring to has nothing to do with the duct tape. It is just one of the things in the new release but there is something else there that "is not going to be good news for the defense." Unfortunately, we will just have to wait and see. Come on, doc dump!

Amen!

someone earlier mentioned that there could be DNA on the tape if she ripped it with her teeth!

Saliva most likely washed away -- but teeth marks
would stay. (i think)

No doc dump is good news for the defense, as was
posted by Dots .... and there is way to much media
hype going on to know which info to trust..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi