Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
>On March 7, 2015, detectives received a Crimeline tip stating that the defendant had
previously abducted his ex-wife. After receiving this request, Detective Lefluer verified it
by contacting authorities in the state in which the abduction occurred. The authorities
confirmed the defendant had been involved in a similar incident to the one described in the
Crimeline tip. On March 10, 2015, Detective Lefluer further verified this information by
contacting the victim of that alleged abduction.3
The victim stated, among other things
described in the affidavit, that on one occasion the defendant had stolen property, then
dragged her to the bedroom and strangled and raped her. Two days after that incident, the
victim stated the defendant had broken into her residence, abducted her, assaulted her, and
totally disassembled her cell phone. The defendant had stated that she could still be
tracked by police if the battery was not out of the cell phone device. The defendant had
forced her into his vehicle and held her against her will until he was arrested approximately
two weeks later. Exhibit B at 3.
=======================================================

Oh my. That story makes the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up. He is so much meaner and more evil than he pretends to be, imo.

His ex was younger than him and looked very similar to AJ, imo.
RBBM, yes made mine too. As far as AJ looking like the ex, I have no idea what the lady looked/looks like. Has she been in the media reports? This info shows the LEO contacted the ex/victim in a prior case. Tip came from Crimeline. Could have been her or anyone called that in. BUT why the heck didnt JH tell the LEO when she made the Missing Person Report???? I still dont understand why it took until MARCH 7th, and then from a Crimeline Tip for LEO to know this.. the dude had NCIC numbers. JMHO :tantrum:

RSBBM, I agree with the bold. Again, I am saying, thinking out loud, it would be very easy for someone knowing all of this to do that.. knowing WH tendencies and past. It is very possible. Probable, don't know.

For the record I dont know one, let alone 2 people arrested for abduction and/or rape. In the world, I am sure many. Thats what the LEO are going by (sadly they deal with it more than anyone should have to. It would be reckless for then not to look at it.) So far, I personally haven't seen anyone say that WH was inappropriate or had a bad relationship with AJ or even allege it. But again, I like everyone else wonder why they haven't arrested him or at least officially called him a POI? Its evident he was in the beginning because of his prior but he has been in jail since March 20. He is alot of things for sure, so far I still reading and waiting like everyone else.

BBM

I wouldn't expect anyone to see anything inappropriate in his relationship with AJ. I am sure he was quite sweet and attentive and loving. Just like my uncle was with me. Nobody had any idea what he was doing behind closed doors.

RBBM, yes made mine too. As far as AJ looking like the ex, I have no idea what the lady looked/looks like. Has she been in the media reports? This info shows the LEO contacted the ex/victim in a prior case. Tip came from Crimeline. Could have been her or anyone called that in. BUT why the heck didnt JH tell the LEO when she made the Missing Person Report???? I still dont understand why it took until MARCH 7th, and then from a Crimeline Tip for LEO to know this.. the dude had NCIC numbers. JMHO :tantrum:

Way back in the early threads, I posted a few news articles that had photos of his ex. But the links are dead now. She was just 21 yrs old, was petite and had long brown hair and is very pretty. She was a sweet innocent young lady and was brutalized by this creep. It never went to trial because after the Grand Jury testimony, and the indictment, she was afraid to testify against him in the trial. That was what her father said. He was posting here for awhile too. He is a sweet man and this was very hard on him. I bet if this goes to trial, his ex father in law will testify.

I don't see how it would be possible for anyone to have set him up. All of the 'staged' and set up things were done by Wesley himself. He was the one who told the cops various versions of where he was the day AJ went missing. No one orchestrated that inconsistent story, but himself.

No one set him up to say he was at a gas station with AJ, when he really wasn't. That was all Wes.

No one 'set him up' to find all those belongings of hers in the field, and to say he got a tip called in on his phone, which was erased or never there/ That was all on him.

I don't see any way that anyone set him up. He was the one who had the pix of he and AJ shooting guns. No one put those pix on his phone , imo.

They have phone data that seems to show that AJ's cell was at the same place as Wes was when she went missing. THAT is huge, imo.

And I don't believe that anyone could have gone to his room and placed the ammo there either. Because now we know there was surveillance. And especially that morning, when he was called into the station. They knew they were going to search his room. They would have seen someone if they tried to go in there and plant ammo after Wes left.

No one framed Wes, imo. He should have been locked up already for the violence against his ex. JMO

I can agree.... I just dont want to get stuck myself ... I want to look at everything possible. Thats why I pay to get the documents from Pacer to have a better ability to look and relook at things as new info presents itself. WH prior is real. It is relevant. I just want to look at everything and every possibility.

I don't know how long the ammo was there. The surveillance was from March 11 til March 20. The affidavit to search the hotel room was made at 4 something pm on March 20th, per docs and .... executed and served after midnight March 21 per docs. JMHO, IF LEO thought there was ammo in that hotel room prior to AB testimony on March 20, especially with them knowing about his priors and so forth, they would have searched that room sooner. Thats something else I dont get. LEO knew by the 7th of WH priors, why did they wait for 9 days after they started surveillance to search that hotel room to see if AJ was there or had been there?? Again, it appears it was the testimony of AB and the ammo that got them at least some probable cause to search that room.

As far as being locked up already for the violence against his ex, I know he was in prison but I dont remember if any of it was related to that or not. But that was a diff case than this (but I understand where your coming from).

Way back in the early threads, I posted a few news articles that had photos of his ex. But the links are dead now. She was just 21 yrs old, was petite and had long brown hair and is very pretty. She was a sweet innocent young lady and was brutalized by this creep. It never went to trial because after the Grand Jury testimony, and the indictment, she was afraid to testify against him in the trial. That was what her father said. He was posting here for awhile too. He is a sweet man and this was very hard on him. I bet if this goes to trial, his ex father in law will testify.

Thanks, I didnt know if she had came forward to reporters, or what. I had read the documents someone else had I assume uploaded from Pacer, and in the other reports. Some people I dont recognize as much, I missed the whole whatever happened (in real time) with WH Mother (where she was allegedly attacked) I know who WH sister is because she looks like him lol. Thanks I will try to look back later.

I can agree.... I just dont want to get stuck myself ... I want to look at everything possible. Thats why I pay to get the documents from Pacer to have a better ability to look and relook at things as new info presents itself. WH prior is real. It is relevant. I just want to look at everything and every possibility.

I don't know how long the ammo was there. The surveillance was from March 11 til March 20. The affidavit to search the hotel room was made at 4 something pm on March 20th, per docs and .... executed and served after midnight March 21 per docs. JMHO, IF LEO thought there was ammo in that hotel room prior to AB testimony on March 20, especially with them knowing about his priors and so forth, they would have searched that room sooner. Thats something else I dont get. LEO knew by the 7th of WH priors, why did they wait for 9 days after they started surveillance to search that hotel room to see if AJ was there or had been there?? Again, it appears it was the testimony of AB and the ammo that got them at least some probable cause to search that room.

As far as being locked up already for the violence against his ex, I know he was in prison but I dont remember if any of it was related to that or not. But that was a diff case than this (but I understand where your coming from).

He was locked up by the feds for a bank robbery he did while on the run with his abducted ex wife. He had no money and no place to go so he robbed a bank.

After his ex refused to testify, the DA handed him over to the feds and they charged him with bank robbery.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...ife-in-2005-back-behind-bars-in-virginia.html

We don't know how long the ammo was there---but some of it was in plain sight on a table. So no one could have framed him with the ammo unless they placed it there after he left to go to the station for his interview. But his room was being watched closely that day because they were going to search it as soon as he left. So imo, no way it was placed there by anyone else. JMO

Thanks, I didnt know if she had came forward to reporters, or what. I had read the documents someone else had I assume uploaded from Pacer, and in the other reports. Some people I dont recognize as much, I missed the whole whatever happened (in real time) with WH Mother (where she was allegedly attacked) I know who WH sister is because she looks like him lol. Thanks I will try to look back later.

She never came forward to reporters. She laid low and was under the radar. Her father had a very active FB called ' Help Find Michelle Hadsell' [ IIRC] ---and he was updating it all of the time during the two weeks they were on the run. After the Grand jury indictment, when the kidnapping charges were dropped and the FEDS took over, the father made a statement to msm and on FB, saying his daughter was afraid to testify. I think it can still be found on google. I will try the wayback machine and see...

ETA:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2005-09/msg00284.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-cops-search-missing-teenage-girl/story?id=29811551

From the comments:

<modsnip>

BBM

I wouldn't expect anyone to see anything inappropriate in his relationship with AJ. I am sure he was quite sweet and attentive and loving. Just like my uncle was with me. Nobody had any idea what he was doing behind closed doors.

I hate that you had to go thru that Katydid, and that you have to still endure in some regards years later. Please don't take this as snark because it def isnt meant to be. I know from things in my personal life that because of things prior (like knowing someone who did drugs and died because of) I see things .. or I have thought I saw things that to me were tell tale signs ... but weren't. I pray to God that she was not being abused. Its very obvious that there were people in her life that definitely didn't make the wisest of choices. But this is our impressions from outside looking in. From the outside looking in ... if it were the vibe your going with, I had a vibe from reading but it wasn't from transcripts of interviews. So without something official I hate to even speculate that WH did anything to AJ in that manner. LEO hasn't stated anything (yet) other than her COD. JMHO.

Also:

http://www.daily-journal.com/news/l...cle_989e9ed7-7131-552b-8a7d-2d20df47dcfc.html

Michelle Hadsell was last seen leaving her brother's house on Friday, Her father, Bob Tallman, said he called her Friday at about 1:30 p.m. to make sure she made it home safely when he heard something alarming.
"At the time, I heard the phone pick up and some ruckus in the background -- her voice -- as she was struggling," Tallman said.
Authorities said they suspect foul play. Hadsell, 21, was married for one year. Her family said she tried to escape domestic abuse and moved away from her husband, Wesley Hadsell.
===================================================

So he was abusive and she tried to separate from him.

She never came forward to reporters. She laid low and was under the radar. Her father had a very active FB called ' Help Find Michelle Hadsell' [ IIRC] ---and he was updating it all of the time during the two weeks they were on the run. After the Grand jury indictment, when the kidnapping charges were dropped and the FEDS took over, the father made a statement to msm and on FB, saying his daughter was afraid to testify. I think it can still be found on google. I will try the wayback machine and see...

Here is a doc from Vail re kidnapping https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6NzJMRzI5cjNmZXc/view?pli=1

ETA: SO what is the Property that is marked out in this incident report?? Is this where its alleged that JH reported the ammo or whatever missing from her home? If that is true, again why didnt they look in the hotel room right away?? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72057&d=1427899277

I hate that you had to go thru that Katydid, and that you have to still endure in some regards years later. Please don't take this as snark because it def isnt meant to be. I know from things in my personal life that because of things prior (like knowing someone who did drugs and died because of) I see things .. or I have thought I saw things that to me were tell tale signs ... but weren't. I pray to God that she was not being abused. Its very obvious that there were people in her life that definitely didn't make the wisest of choices. But this is our impressions from outside looking in. From the outside looking in ... if it were the vibe your going with, I had a vibe from reading but it wasn't from transcripts of interviews. So without something official I hate to even speculate that WH did anything to AJ in that manner. LEO hasn't stated anything (yet) other than her COD. JMHO.

I know what you are saying, no offense taken.

I do not believe he was abusing AJ. I don't think she would have put up with it. But I do believe that he 'wanted' her and was attracted to her. And I do believe that he was very angry at his wife for 'abandoning' him and breaking up the family.

Look at the two prior events in which Wes was charged with restraint and kidnapping.

First time= his beautiful 15 yr old girlfriend wanted to leave the area and move away. He was 19. He 'restrained' her, against her will, and he was arrested and charged.

Second time= very big escalation. He beat his 21 yr old wife. He was 28. She LEFT HIM. She reported him to the cops. The day the charges came down, he beat her up, raped her and abducted her for two weeks. Smashing her cell phone.

What were the triggers? ABANDONMENT. Imo, that is what triggers his rage. Being disrespected, abandoned, rejected.

What do we think AJ would have done if he made a pass at her?

here is an old article:

http://wric.com/2015/03/16/is-missing-longwood-university-student-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

Is missing Longwood University student Anjelica Hadsell in danger?
By WRIC Newsroom
Published: March 16, 2015,

&#8220;I&#8217;d say she&#8217;s screaming &#8216;help,'&#8221; Wesley Hadsell said. &#8220;She wants someone to find her. She wants us to come get her.&#8221;

The desperate search into the Norview High School graduate&#8217;s disappearance is now in its eleventh day. Family and friends of missing 18-year-old Anjelica Hadsell say a big piece of their heart is missing.

&#8220;My daughter is missing and it&#8217;s destroying the family, as far as our emotions,&#8221; Mr. Hadsell said.

More than 20 people were out searching for the teenager again Friday. Mr. Hadsell said her cell phone sent a signal from the area of Tidewater Drive near Thole Road in Norfolk.

&#8220;She was scared of a situation, and we didn&#8217;t know about it,&#8221; Mr. Hadsell said. He told WAVY.com that he believes he knows at least one person who is involved.

{UGH...I hate seeing Wes saying ' she was screaming HELP..' :mad:}

I know what you are saying, no offense taken.

I do not believe he was abusing AJ. I don't think she would have put up with it. But I do believe that he 'wanted' her and was attracted to her. And I do believe that he was very angry at his wife for 'abandoning' him and breaking up the family.

Look at the two prior events in which Wes was charged with restraint and kidnapping.

First time= his beautiful 15 yr old girlfriend wanted to leave the area and move away. He was 19. He 'restrained' her, against her will, and he was arrested and charged.

Second time= very big escalation. He beat his 21 yr old wife. He was 28. She LEFT HIM. She reported him to the cops. The day the charges came down, he beat her up, raped her and abducted her for two weeks. Smashing her cell phone.

What were the triggers? ABANDONMENT. Imo, that is what triggers his rage. Being disrespected, abandoned, rejected.

What do we think AJ would have done if he made a pass at her?

I haven't seen anything yet to make me feel that what happened then was happening in the present household. As I said, JMHO the priors are relevant, but just from what I have seen (factual or as possible anyway) I haven't got that vibe. We even had a member iirc Molly who stated she lived across the street in some area of their home and she never got that vibe. I dont remember seeing any media police reports. From what I can gather both WH and JH both had jobs and side jobs and were involved with their children. Even ZH stated that he went around them. He was even standing up for WH here on this forum. JMHO the men in JH life had issues with her. (from posts here and WH interview and letter to his mother) Again I do believe the past should not be totally dismissed, but what of the present time situation reflects to that being the case now? JMHO, we dont have that info.

And on the rage, part have we seen that other than the whole Jacket incident? Personally, I dont think any of those friends were scared of WH, jmho

here is an old article:

http://wric.com/2015/03/16/is-missing-longwood-university-student-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

Is missing Longwood University student Anjelica Hadsell in danger?
By WRIC Newsroom
Published: March 16, 2015,

&#8220;I&#8217;d say she&#8217;s screaming &#8216;help,'&#8221; Wesley Hadsell said. &#8220;She wants someone to find her. She wants us to come get her.&#8221;

The desperate search into the Norview High School graduate&#8217;s disappearance is now in its eleventh day. Family and friends of missing 18-year-old Anjelica Hadsell say a big piece of their heart is missing.

&#8220;My daughter is missing and it&#8217;s destroying the family, as far as our emotions,&#8221; Mr. Hadsell said.

More than 20 people were out searching for the teenager again Friday. Mr. Hadsell said her cell phone sent a signal from the area of Tidewater Drive near Thole Road in Norfolk.

&#8220;She was scared of a situation, and we didn&#8217;t know about it,&#8221; Mr. Hadsell said. He told WAVY.com that he believes he knows at least one person who is involved.

{UGH...I hate seeing Wes saying ' she was screaming HELP..' :mad:}
But isnt that also something her cousin said? I think it was all in ref to the text messages. Thats what is crazy in this case. The media in this case so many times I saw them contradicting themselves. (saw it in the Noah Thomas case as well, Pulaski Cty VA). So I truly dont know how to take that. So many things are printed in the media out of context.

From your link
Family and friends of Hadsell have confirmed to 8News sister station WAVY-TV 10 that the missing 18-year-old was on alert and scared of a certain person before her disappearance on March 2.

(*AJ) Hadsell communicated that information to her cousin and best friend between Feb. 13 and the day she vanished. Text messages sent by Hadsell to friends in late February about the person said, &#8220;I should probably stop texting him back,&#8221; and &#8220;HELP.&#8221;

&#8220;This person supposedly said that he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn&#8217;t think it was a good idea,&#8221; said Chelsey Zirkle, who had multiple conversations with Hadsell both by phone and in person. &#8220;She was more worried that this person would maybe do something, and this person is the person we kind of suspect did something.&#8221;

Zirkle said the in-person conversations she had with Hadsell about this person left her in tears.

A tiger doesn't change his stripes. He repeatedly assaulted, raped, and restrained his ex wife. People don't just 'stop' behaving that way. Especially if they are back to using coke. He had a violent streak and it did not just go away.

His wife rejected him. He was living in a seedy hotel room. He was going to start owing her child support and she had the house and the kids. I think he was resentful. Probably simmering with rage.

I wouldn't expect everyone else to pick up on it. I am not surprised that Zach stood up in support of Wes. Wes is an accomplished con man. He knows how to manipulate people. He is a life long criminal.

They found heroin residue on his drug scale. He was , by his own admission, the last one to meet with AJ. Her phone was traced to him when she went missing. He planted her jacket in another teen's house. He staged a 'search' for her duffel bag and 'found' her clothes. He lied about when he saw her last, changing his story a few times. He sent texts, pretending they were from her.

WAIT.... WTH???? that says
Published: March 16, 2015, 5:46 am Hadsell communicated that information to her cousin and best friend between Feb. 13 and the day she vanished. http://wric.com/2015/03/16/is-missing-longwood-university-student-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

June 29, 2015 "Wait a minute. What text messages?"

"Oh you don`t know about those then. Anjelica texted us throughout the day of March 2nd after no one physically saw her after 2 pm I guess. Anjelica's phone communicated with my phone and her mother's phone. That`s why in the beginning I said that was not my daughter texting, someone had her phone. I can`t prove that, but that person texted us and came out in little bits and pieces that she had used heroin two weeks prior to her disappearance." http://wtkr.com/2015/06/29/aj-hadse...inal-text-messages-were-sent-by-someone-else/

But isnt that also something her cousin said? I think it was all in ref to the text messages. Thats what is crazy in this case. The media in this case so many times I saw them contradicting themselves. (saw it in the Noah Thomas case as well, Pulaski Cty VA). So I truly dont know how to take that. So many things are printed in the media out of context.

From your link

But that was just ridiculous. Did you read the texts? 'HELP' was referring to what should I do about hanging out with my ex? It was not 'HELP' in any real or urgent or scary way. It was like ' HELP, what should I say to him?'

She was not afraid of Corey.

A tiger doesn't change his stripes. He repeatedly assaulted, raped, and restrained his ex wife. People don't just 'stop' behaving that way. Especially if they are back to using coke. He had a violent streak and it did not just go away.

His wife rejected him. He was living in a seedy hotel room. He was going to start owing her child support and she had the house and the kids. I think he was resentful. Probably simmering with rage.

I wouldn't expect everyone else to pick up on it. I am not surprised that Zach stood up in support of Wes. Wes is an accomplished con man. He knows how to manipulate people. He is a life long criminal.

They found heroin residue on his drug scale. He was , by his own admission, the last one to meet with AJ. Her phone was traced to him when she went missing. He planted her jacket in another teen's house. He staged a 'search' for her duffel bag and 'found' her clothes. He lied about when he saw her last, changing his story a few times. He sent texts, pretending they were from her.
BBM, Respectfully, these are at the present just opinions.

As far as where the Heroin was found, LEO is not stating where or when it was found only March. So we do not know for sure that it was on the drug scales. All we know is WH stated he was doing cocaine and news reports
Defense attorney, Katherine Currin, requested that Hadsell be released on bond or electronic house monitoring. According to Fox News, Judge Bruce Wilcox denied the request and said that, &#8220;Hadsell should remain behind bars until his criminal case is resolved.&#8221;
Hadsell&#8217;s six charges of obstructing justice, breaking and entering and possession of ammunition by a felon, still remain to be resolved in court. These charges were brought against Hadsell after he broke into the home of a person, whom the police had questioned regarding AJ&#8217;s disappearance.
According to the Virginian-Pilot, prosecutor Ashley Coleman said that, after Hadsell broke in, he punched a dog in the home. Coleman also said, Hadsell harassed a police witness with an air horn and threatened several police witnesses with violence.
Coleman told Wilcox, that Hadsell had been living in a hotel room after his wife and he split up. It is not known whether or not they split up before or after AJ&#8217;s disappearance. After searching the hotel room, police found 75 rounds of ammunition hidden in an air conditioning vent and a scale, which had possible cocaine residue on it.
According to Coleman, Hadsell told police that he had a gun, but that they would be unable to find it. Coleman also said that Hadsell confessed to &#8220;ongoing and increasing cocaine use,&#8221; reported the Virginian-Pilot. http://www.therotundaonline.com/new...cle_fcaf82ae-d88b-11e4-9cc5-6b5432f6e97f.html

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member