Votes: 49 8.6%
  • I am up on that fence

Votes: 86 15.2%
  • I have no clue

Votes: 74 13.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question because I am not Christian re: the honest, moral, christian thing . I am NOT commenting on your opinion but am curious about this.

Isn't Christianity about compassion and not judging others? As someone who practices Buddhism, to the best of my ability, as well as traditional American Indian beliefs, I try every day to not place blame.

My mistake for writing "christian". Perhaps it would be more politically and religiously correct if I say "do unto others"? My intent, christian or otherwise, was not meant to offend anyone's religion here on WS.:sweep:

My mistake for writing "christian". Perhaps it would be more politically and religiously correct if I say "do unto others"? My intent, christian or otherwise, was not meant to offend anyone's religion here on WS.:sweep:

there was no offense taken

I keep coming back to baby Lisa's forum in hopes that someone Is arrested because to be completely honest I'm totally lost in this case. I have no clue and I'm so hopeful that LE isn't feeling the same way.. I don't think jersey is guilty because he walks the streets and I'm sure sees a lot and knows a bunch of people. To be honest I wanna know more about GSB, he's to quiet...

Soulscape requesting JI's confirmed date of birth in in the Q & A thread. Does anyone have this info?

I voted that Mom killed her baby girl. However, all of these players are creeping me out and in my mind they are all equally guilty and evil.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is HOW in the world do all of these people DISPOSE of these BODIES so EASILY????????? I can't fathom all of the missing kids/wives/girlfriends that just go "poof"!!!

IOW, you people need to start doing the honest, moral, christian thing by standing up for your victims.....somebody has to know something!!!!

I pray that you are alive and well, little Lisa Irwin, and that someone is taking good care of you.

"you people"? Huh?

Most of us non christians don't take offense, we know we're the minority.

My life philosophy is that if you work hard, lead an honorable life and strive to have compassion and empathy for others, everything else will fall into place.
Of course I simplify it to my kids and pound into their heads to always just do the right thing.

I voted that I am on the fence, however, the more I think about things the more JI seems very hinky to me. There are too many things that have been said and repeated as fact because of him. For instance, the lights being on and the front door being unlocked are thought of as fact but he is the only one that can affirm that. Then there is the work hours issue. He expected (as did DB) to be home around 10:30 pm and yet stayed for another 5 hours. The Starbucks that he was working at was still operational so what would warrent another 5 hours worth of wiring? I am not convinced that his time is completely accounted for either as I do not believe that he would work 10 hours without at least one break, especially with him being a union worker. If he left the store to go "sit in his car for a smoke break" then there is no video of him during that time frame. The job site was close enough to the home that he could have easily gone home for whatever reason and no one would know. Cell phone pings put him in the area of the store the entire time? Easy to manipulate, leave the cell phone behind while making the trip home.

At this point I feel that DB has no clue whatsoever about what happened to Lisa but I do feel that JI knows a heck of a lot more than he is willing to say.

MOO

My thoughts now? I haven't seen this until today regarding the police interviews between the Mom & Dad per Debra's father or grandfather.... I think the police zeroed in on parents from day one.

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29422271/detail.html

(fingers crossed I linked this correctly)

I'm still on the fence, I know, No tomatoes please.

I think this family is being driven by people who don't know crap about what is the right thing to do in regards to a missing child, only how to get plublicity for themselves. Casey Anthony's case I think clenched alot of things in regards that missing babies can bring you fame and fortune, even when your an idiot who doesn't know what they are doing.

I believe Cyndy Short see's this as well, that is why she is not going away. From the very start I thought it odd that these parents went from tallking to local media to only national news media, stopped cooperating with LE on and on within a matter of days, we saw the huge reward come in for Lisa, and in struts "wild Bill", and JT and what have they really done ? Imho absolutley nothing but cause the media and public to question the parents involvement 3 fold, mostly leaning towards someone in the family done it, and take the focus off of finding Baby Lisa....

I just read this article about Gil Abeyta still there and still trying to help. The way he feels is about what sums it up for me at least at this point, here is the article:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...rking-day-and-night-as-catalyst-for-baby-lisa

The gal with the pink hair Megan (?) who got the phone call and swears to know nothing about it, has hinky all over it. Perhaps she doesnt know, but someone around her or with her that night/morning knows.
Infant abductions are rare but they do happen, at this time I still feel like Lisa was taken by a stranger and put on the black market adoption/human trafficking ring. It is also probable that mom set this up and sold her, not sure why just yet but just a theory I have.... moo............

BBM

It also could have been blackmail of some sort. If she parted with the child after regretfully selling her or gave her away to avoid blackmail it might explain the heavy drinking.

At this point in time I have fallen off the fence onto the side that SODDI. I believe Lisa's parents to be completely innocent in the disappearance of their daughter. I think a series of unfortunate events took place that night and everything fell into place for an unknown person to take the baby. I have believed their innocence since day 1 but waivered and was sitting on the fence for a while But now I'm firmly on the SODDI side of the fence.

*subject to change with some actual evidence not rumors, innuendos, misreporting, reporter spin, etc.

At this point in time I have fallen off the fence onto the side that SODDI. I believe Lisa's parents to be completely innocent in the disappearance of their daughter. I think a series of unfortunate events took place that night and everything fell into place for an unknown person to take the baby. I have believed their innocence since day 1 but waivered and was sitting on the fence for a while But now I'm firmly on the SODDI side of the fence.

*subject to change with some actual evidence not rumors, innuendos, misreporting, reporter spin, etc.

I am also on the side of SODDI. I think the parents are in this way over their heads. I also think that they have no idea what to do, what to say, how to act etc because to me it appears that no matter what they do they are made fun of, called liars, and villified by message boards and comments.

I think the Press is hurting the case. We can read 3 stories about the same one and each one is different. What do we know is the truth? With LE NOT arresting them or forcing them to come to the station is very telling.

What I have seen in the case is what I have seen in many....you have people on the side of the parents did it, the fence, and SODDI and each one of them take bits and peices from the story that "fits" their theory. I am guility of this...

I think DB and JI and simple people trapped in a nightmare..and until LE comes out with an arrest or a theory I will support this family and defend them..if I am wrong I will be the first to hope that they pay for the crime...but what I see are too very emotional people who didn't ask to be where they are.

All IMO

I know this may seem a bit out there but I was wondering if this was this a set up by the parents to make money? Missing children, especially a darling child like Baby Lisa, get a lot of media attention these days. Look at the media frenzy over the Caylee Anthony case and how much money her family raked in from selling her pics, doing interviews, etc. It’s strange how people profit off of tragedy these days. We know that JI was working two jobs to support his family and that the cell phones were supposedly turned off due to nonpayment, it’s pretty clear that these people don’t have any money to spare, I’d like to know what exactly is their financial situation. Where they in such bad debt they couldn’t afford to raise three children and Baby Lisa was sold? I know it’s hard to believe, but people have done it before. Where the parents paid by the TV station that did the house tour? Where they paid so that the media could tag along and video their kids trick-or-treating on Halloween? I bet they were. I find it interesting that they will not let LE interview the boys but they have no problem letting the media video and take pictures of them. If you’re so concerned about protecting your children during this time, why expose them to the media like that? Early on in this case I heard a reporter on CNN make a remark about how there wasn’t much stuff for a growing child in Lisa’s room, just the necessities, as if she was only going to be there temporarily. I thought that was strange.

I keep thinking about how old Lisa was and how big she really was. Most of the pictures show her as an infant but she probably was well past learning to sit up and was big enough to stand up (at the front door). She probably was already crawling and maybe even toddling. If she had fell out of the crib or off a bed, it would seem very unlikely that it would kill her – maybe a bad bruise or a broken bone. I would think she was strong enough to move if DB could have rolled over her in bed.

What if DB put Lisa in the bathtub? Her neighbor came over and they started drinking out on the front porch. What if DB forgot that Lisa was in the tub and Lisa fell asleep and drowned? How many bathrooms are in the house? Is there one in the master bedroom that Lisa could have been in? The other kids could have been using another one so they wouldn’t have seen her. DB keeps making a point that the last time she saw Lisa, she was sleeping in the crib. She says she didn’t check on her later, but I bet she went to the bathroom before getting in the bed. If she pulled Lisa from the tub then, she could have laid her down beside the bed trying to figure out what to do.

This scenario may not work, but I guess I’m trying to compare all of the lies that FCA did to cover up the “accident” and DB lying to maybe cover up something that may just be neglect because she “forgot.”.

I am also on the side of SODDI. I think the parents are in this way over their heads. I also think that they have no idea what to do, what to say, how to act etc because to me it appears that no matter what they do they are made fun of, called liars, and villified by message boards and comments.

I think the Press is hurting the case. We can read 3 stories about the same one and each one is different. What do we know is the truth? With LE NOT arresting them or forcing them to come to the station is very telling.

What I have seen in the case is what I have seen in many....you have people on the side of the parents did it, the fence, and SODDI and each one of them take bits and peices from the story that "fits" their theory. I am guility of this...

I think DB and JI and simple people trapped in a nightmare..and until LE comes out with an arrest or a theory I will support this family and defend them..if I am wrong I will be the first to hope that they pay for the crime...but what I see are too very emotional people who didn't ask to be where they are.

All IMO

BBM

It seems that there is no right way to act when a child is missing. We know Kyron Horman's father had nothing to do with his disappearance but if he was a suspect I think some people here and elsewhere would be criticizing his behavior. Saying things like since he didn't do this or that he seems to be hiding something. They'd be criticizing his every move on TV interviews and such. I voted the Mom did it, but I'd say it's only because of a 60-40 split in my mind.

When Jaycee Dugard went missing some people were probably sure the stepfather did something to her. Someone here mentioned that the police were sure he did something but just couldn't prove it.

I just think there's a lot of hinky stuff surrounding this case to go :waitasec:.

If they didn't have anything to do with it a lot of weird coincidences all hit at the exact time, like a perfect storm.

I have a question because I am not Christian re: the honest, moral, christian thing . I am NOT commenting on your opinion but am curious about this.

Isn't Christianity about compassion and not judging others? As someone who practices Buddhism, to the best of my ability, as well as traditional American Indian beliefs, I try every day to not place blame.

Christians may judge that which is wrong, or evil. The bible even supports this. Many assume Christians are never supposed to judge, but if they didn't, how would they know good from evil?

BBM

It seems that there is no right way to act when a child is missing. We know Kyron Horman's father had nothing to do with his disappearance but if he was a suspect I think some people here and elsewhere would be criticizing his behavior. Saying things like since he didn't do this or that he seems to be hiding something. They'd be criticizing his every move on TV interviews and such. I voted the Mom did it, but I'd say it's only because of a 60-40 split in my mind.

When Jaycee Dugard went missing some people were probably sure the stepfather did something to her. Someone here mentioned that the police were sure he did something but just couldn't prove it.

I just think there's a lot of hinky stuff surrounding this case to go :waitasec:.

If they didn't have anything to do with it a lot of weird coincidences all hit at the exact time, like a perfect storm.

I agree with you, there is no right way to act. Every single person is different and will handle such a dramatic event in their lives in their own way. Since the beginning I have compared this to the only other case that I was so involved in - Victoria Stafford from Woodstock, Ontario. Her mother was raked over the coals for being too much in the media, for wearing a different pair of sunglasses, for hiding a drug problem, for being unemotional, for wearing makeup...and so on. A few days before the prayer vigil when we saw DB's hair, I actual said out loud to a friend at work, 'If Deb dyes/streaks her hair, I will freak out'...and sure enough. Just another thing that Tori's mom was accused of. I freaked out :)
I'm not sure how many of you followed Tori Stafford kidnapping, but it that was what brought me to this site originally. It didn't end well, unfortunately, but mom was innocent ~ and I learned my lesson then. I don't know how I would act and I hope never to know, but I believe it would be to curl up in the fetal position and not move until my child was back in my arms. Unfortunately, Deb doesn't have that option. She has other children to take care of, to comfort, so she has to carry on. I truly and honestly do not think that DB had anything to do with BL being missing. I truly believe she is on the whole a good and loving mom. Aside from the fact that there is so much controversy in this case it's hard to believe anything or anyone...I do believe that. And IF I am wrong, and it's happened before, and she is involved, I will be shocked and saddened and disgusted, but for now...

My theory at this point is that Jersey took the baby Lisa, passed away or alive, out of the house with DB's full knowledge--that she, in fact, asked him to do so. I believe he made the call on the cell phone.

Why did LE say Jersey wasn't involved? I don't know.
If she paid him, where did she get the money? I don't know. It's hard for me to believe DB planned this ahead of time. Too many people coming and going.

This is the only scenario that ties up about 70 percent of the loose ends.

Just my not-so-firm opinion based on the reporting so far.

IMO Watched a bunch of videos again, of DB and JI. I'm convinced that BL was kidnapped. Pick apart their choice of wording, their stories changing (as the fog begins to lift from the shock), lifestyle, family, choice of attorneys- but I truly believe they were swooped on by media and attorneys alike. MW and Jersey cased the house, possibly carried a grudge against the family, and took BL at an opportune time- when JI was at work, and foolish DB was buzzed/ drunk (love watching people post "smashed", as if they knew...). All speculation, but all bets are on kidnapping. IMO

As an adoptive mom we strive to live "above reproach" in our family, my husband is a 20 year military vet, upstanding in his job, worked for ambassadors and the like, neither of us have a history of drug or alcohol abuse, child abuse or neglect, I have years of training in therapeutic parenting, have fostered and adopted many children, and we have multitudes of friends- but I'm quite certain the media could make us look like homeless maniacs if given the opportunity. IMO

IMO Watched a bunch of videos again, of DB and JI. I'm convinced that BL was kidnapped. Pick apart their choice of wording, their stories changing (as the fog begins to lift from the shock), lifestyle, family, choice of attorneys- but I truly believe they were swooped on by media and attorneys alike. MW and Jersey cased the house, possibly carried a grudge against the family, and took BL at an opportune time- when JI was at work, and foolish DB was buzzed/ drunk (love watching people post "smashed", as if they knew...). All speculation, but all bets are on kidnapping. IMO

As an adoptive mom we strive to live "above reproach" in our family, my husband is a 20 year military vet, upstanding in his job, worked for ambassadors and the like, neither of us have a history of drug or alcohol abuse, child abuse or neglect, I have years of training in therapeutic parenting, have fostered and adopted many children, and we have multitudes of friends- but I'm quite certain the media could make us look like homeless maniacs if given the opportunity. IMO

I don't disagree with what could be made out of anyone's life but what do you make of the fact that DB has stated she might have blacked out?

There are a lot of unanswered questions, no doubt her drinking- at all- with primary care of 3 young children, and one a sick baby, was idiotic. I truly think she is just grasping for words to what she feels may have happened. If I am right and she did not harm her baby, then she is trying to make sense of what happened. She probably feels incredibly irresponsible, and she should. Even though it wasn't her fault. I've been watching her cry- I do not believe she is faking or grieving an accidental death, and I also find it hard to believe that a woman with a record of taking impeccable care of her children, would sell or hurt one of them purposefully.

-All IMO-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member