What did we learn today 6-30-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did we learn today 6-30-2011 - Multiple Choice Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That Henkel duct tape is made in Ohio.

Incidentally, so are Graco baby products which are sold at Target. (coincidence? I think not!)

Also the home of Smuckers :)

I learned today that if you want to go to jail quickly and not collect $200 you raise your middle finger.
:loser:

I learned that when you have a conga line of dead pets and your dogs start acting lethargic, don't think "bamboo shoots" or google chlorophyll. Go right to chloroform and spell it right. And hide the duct tape.

(My idea for a title of the next book written on this case is Sex, Lies, and Duct Tape).

Sure gives a whole new meaning to the words 'scratch and sniff', don't it? :floorlaugh:

:banghead: I learned today that it took me approximately four, yes four hours to weed through @ 40 posts per page, 68 pages for the morning session and 54 pages for the afternoon session when I missed watching the days trial live. :banghead: I actually considered just watching the WFTV videos, but I don't have the time.

I now am more sympathic with those posters who are unable to watch it live and will be more considerate in the lasting days. Not being snary, but simply a statement of fact. Much kudos to all those posters who do type the extensive recaps. Thank you so much for the excellent work. y'all :rocker:

I also learned at 60 my mom rules :floorlaugh: I tried at lunch while she was in the bathroom to log in and read. I got the "look" when she returned and immediately closed Safari. Yep, my mom still rules, I love her.

It's not weird having several dogs and cats die in the course of 25 years, particularly if you keep several pets at the same time. All pets die at some point, they may have had long and happy lives before that and it appears the family mostly took their pets to the vet to end their lives in a humane manner. Nothing concerning in that.

The only things that are suggestive are the mom and baby spaniel dying within 6 months of each other which appears a little coincidental and Cindy Anthony reporting that her dogs were oddly tired a couple of months before Caylee died. But there might be tons of perfectly natural reasons for the mother and the puppy to die and I'm not even sure if it was true about the dogs being sick or just an improvised excuse to have looked up chloroform, which she probably didn't do. So, if it wasn't true about the search it might not be true about the alleged reason for the search.

Another thing I learned today is that George only fools around with women named after bodies of water.

Who is next Puddle Smith?

That Henkel duct tape is made in Ohio.

Incidentally, so are Graco baby products which are sold at Target. (coincidence? I think not!)

Also the home of Smuckers :)

What on earth was that line of questioning about? Is the Henkel duct tape only sold in Ohio? Did JB imply that GA brought it from Ohio with him when they moved? Do people usually know or care where their duct tape is manufactured? Is there a choice of duct tapes from each state in the duct tape store and you have to pick your state?

I personally learned that Lee definitely got the "memory" genes. To remember that the pet was wrapped in duct tape from when he was 3 years old - geeze - I'd really like to know how many people could really remember ANY such detail from when they were 3, such as that not to mention I'd also like to know how many 3 three year olds EVEN know what duct tape is.

What on earth was that line of questioning about? Is the Henkel duct tape only sold in Ohio? Did JB imply that GA brought it from Ohio with him when they moved? Do people usually know or care where their duct tape is manufactured? Is there a choice of duct tapes from each state in the duct tape store and you have to pick your state?

Costco.com has Henkel duct tape available - 5.99 for 45 yards. Not nearly as rare an item as Baez tried to make it out to be, eh?

I learned that you should never ever 'flip the bird' in court, unless you want to spend the next 6 days in jail!!! Gotta love this judge!

I learned that I should never flip off Jeff Ashton in HHJP's presence, but I'm secretly wondering if I could have gotten away with it if I would have flipped off Baez. :)

I think you would have gotten an honorary certificate. JMO

I wonder if TGI Friday's has an "early bird" special?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I learned that ---> this <--- is sign language for "I'm not doing anything on the 4th of July. Any suggestions?" I also learned that TGI Friday's employees are pretty bad at math. ($15k/ann, monthly expenses $1.2k/mo, ~$700 magically appears for court fines?) Furthermore, I learned who Orange County's next meeder reeder is probably going to be.

As an aside, when Birdman was asked why he did this thing, he answered "I don't really know." I thanked my lucky stars it hadn't ever occurred to me do to something similar, as I would have been physically incapable of resisting the urge to say, "Your Honor, I was grieving." To bring this aside back around to the main point of this thread, I learned that I'd probably have ended up with 4 Felony counts of contempt, fines in excess of $5,000, and more charges for having laughed myself to the point of piddling on the court room's carpet.

I learned that JB thinks the truth as stated in work timesheets is prejudicial -- even if the timesheets support the testimony he elicited from a witness.

I learned Baez's laws of motions: "For each and every State question, there is an equal and opposite flurry of sidebars."

I learned the jury whoops it up back in the jury room, and that MSM journalists in the court room can hear them. And that they're jealous.

I learned that when I'm in my office, listening to the trial on headphones and howling with laughter at something, my children put on headphones of their own to drown me out. Apparently they've been doing this for a couple weeks. I only just caught them at it.

BBM

:spit:

I voted An Emu Would Have Known The Prosecution Would Get To Use CA's Work Records. (I always vote Emu).

I also learned that Bird Flipper Guy said he didn't know why he gave Mr. Ashton the courtesy of that gesture of affection. What he should have said was "Your Honor, it was an accident that snowballed out of control!"

BBM

:silly:

I learned that someone should be hiring counselor Emu! Who else is better prepared to defend someone for flipping the bird!

EMU POWER

8a234dd9-b687-4239-94c9-e2e0fb1bed77.jpg

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/6/27/8a234dd9-b687-4239-94c9-e2e0fb1bed77.jpg

755393209_7a1d494ec5-1.jpg

I learned from watching live streaming on the 6 pm news that Tony Pipitone got the sidebar transcripts from the other day when HHJP asked the DT to explain their theory/strategy. HHJP held the release of that particular transcript until the DT rested their case.

Apparently at sidebar, LDB threatened the DT that if they planned to attack the A family and their characters, that she would consider that fair game for her to present the dozens and dozens of checks that ICA stole and forged on CA's accounts, and others - since the DT had opened that door.

Pipitone said that yesterday, he and other media - and the DT - noticed LDB sitting at her table while testimony was going on, slowly going through a stack of checks - one at a time. He said everyone wondered what she was doing. But the DT obviously knew.

Now that he has the transcript, he thinks she was sending a silent warning to the DT that she WOULD call their bluff.

Have I said today how much I adore LDB? She is one smart cookie and apparently a talented poker player! :great:

BBM

I want to have her baby!!

The stupid thing about showing GA with the duct tape is that KC would have had access to it too! :banghead:

Here's birdman's official dressing down; http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html

Look below for the video.

O/T but the Minnesota Twins AAA farm team is here in Rochester and they're called the Red Wings. They had a contest to name the mascot and somebody suggested "Flip the Bird"

:floorlaugh:

Either Cindy Anthony told him, or George just decided on his own...

that he will not publicly humiliate his wife Cindy with the truth about sex with Krystal River.

The stupid thing about showing GA with the duct tape is that KC would have had access to it too! :banghead:

Maybe GA kept it in the same place as the gas cans she didn't have access to when she and Tony had to break in to get them? (Read: I'll lock everything down to keep my thieving daughter's hands off my stuff).

It kinda ruins the "Roy-Kronk-ducttaped-her-skull-after-decomp" angle. How the heck would he have known what kind of duct tape the Anthonys have? Or did RK bring that roll of duct tape to the Kidfinders tent?

I have learned that I will miss all the humorous, bright, insightful, professional and kind & caring folks here at Websleuths.There are a lot of great minds and greater hearts, and it feels like we have formed this litle community ( well today there were nearly 1500 people trying to read here, so not so little)This is kind of a bitter sweet time. I really am glad that Caylee will soon be getting the justice we all have come here to seek, but I will miss this commradery. Through all this horror, the twists and turns, and sheer craziness, there is always someone who comes up with an encouraging or funny remark, which breaks the tension, puts a smile on our faces and keeps us going.Thank you! And thanks you to all the wonderful MODS and Attorneys. I think I will be going through WS withdrawal for a while. :0) Words can not express . . .

Hello everyone!

I'm a lurker turned member here now:woohoo: BUT not a stranger to this case.

I wanted to just say I have learned a few things with the duration of this trial:

I have learned I really shouldn't eat while watching the trial.

I have lost my appetite for pizza for a while.

I have learned how to use magical thinking! :great:

I now will never make pigs in a blanket. Ever again.

I have learned who not to call if I ever need defense.

I have learned that camera's are everywhere in that court room.

I have learned how to randomly scream at my computer screen.

I am a former law student so this was a nice refresher course for me.

I have learned not to upset HHJP. :banghead:

I have learned a lot about people I never knew before. Not sure I actually wanted to know this either.

I have seen a close contrast to the Truman Show. *anyone remember that movie?*

I won't ever see Harry Potter movies quite the same ever again after hearing "magical thinking". :waitasec:

I learned how to properly bury a pet.

I think I could go on and on but I have learned how not to do much while this trial has been going on since Jury Selection. Now I have to learn how to do other things after this trial is over with. :crazy:

I am so convinced the DT has been reading here, and taking their theories from what they read :floorlaugh:

I recall much discussion here about that particular kind of Henkel duct tape being very rare and sold only in Ohio (where the A's hail from,) and not being manufactured for many years now.

I learned from watching live streaming on the 6 pm news that Tony Pipitone got the sidebar transcripts from the other day when HHJP asked the DT to explain their theory/strategy. HHJP held the release of that particular transcript until the DT rested their case.

Apparently at sidebar, LDB threatened the DT that if they planned to attack the A family and their characters, that she would consider that fair game for her to present the dozens and dozens of checks that ICA stole and forged on CA's accounts, and others - since the DT had opened that door.

Pipitone said that yesterday, he and other media - and the DT - noticed LDB sitting at her table while testimony was going on, slowly going through a stack of checks - one at a time. He said everyone wondered what she was doing. But the DT obviously knew.

Now that he has the transcript, he thinks she was sending a silent warning to the DT that she WOULD call their bluff.

Have I said today how much I adore LDB? She is one smart cookie and apparently a talented poker player! :great:
:floorlaugh:
That's great I like LDB even more now

SO TOTALLY OT - But I want to see LDB on Celebrity Apprentice :)

:rocker:

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader